• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Palette Swap Thread

Smaugfan

Smash Cadet
would be interesting if they maybe get the Mewtwo clone version skin in. You also wonder though if the same colors from Brawl would be back.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do like the Green and Yellow(Which could be based on shiny Charmander)swaps that Charizard had in Brawl. But he should get his own shiny color swap, it felt weird that he didn't get it in Brawl. Though that slightly darker red/orange needs to get replaced ASAP.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I do hope he gets his Shiny palette swap. The sleek black looks super sexy in Project M and would look all the better in HD. If not i could at least hope for a proper blue color.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
This

Made by shadowgarion on deviantart
Default, tyranitar, salamence, shiny, aerodactyl, haxorus

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Give him a Flygon color palette and I will die a happy man.

Other than that I would use the Tyranitar color.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Trying to think of Hats/Accessories he could wear:
Flygon's goggles could work.
A pink bow (like that female Charizard in the Anime).
PT's hat (Even though Pikachu has a similar hat), it would be a nice nod to when he was a part of PT.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I like the Maleficent Charizard! I use him on Project M from time to time, but I mostly use Shiny Charizard, there is just too much nostalgia behind that pallet swap.

Oatmeal.

Come up with them. I'll contribute by saying this....FLYGON. FLYGON AND I CAN DIE HAPPY.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For the record, we don't actually know what role Mega Charizard X will play.
Maybe it is actually an alternate costume, and Mega Charizard Y will be on 3DS.

Morbi

Scavenger
Or Mega Charizard Y could be the costume. :troll:

It would be funny seeing Mega Charizard Y "mega evolve" into Mega Charizard X.

Oatmeal.

I would be fine if either or both were an alt. costume. I actually like Y better, so I would love that as a costume, even if X ended up being his Final Smash.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I also don't think Shiny Charizard would be called an "alternate costume." It would be a color swap, since it only changes the texture.

I'd actually really love to see all of the Pokémon characters have their shiny forms as color swaps know that I think about it.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I also don't think Shiny Charizard would be called an "alternate costume." It would be a color swap, since it only changes the texture.

I'd actually really love to see all of the Pokémon characters have their shiny forms as color swaps know that I think about it.
I honestly can't think of a good Charizard costume; I mean, they could always give him a funny hat. That works with Pokemon.

Oatmeal.

I honestly can't think of a good Charizard costume; I mean, they could always give him a funny hat. That works with Pokemon.
They could just use the Megas or other dragon-like Pokémon *coughflygoncough*. That would be the most logical turn point, though I must say I would adore a top hat Charizard.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Top Hat+Monocle Charizard Combo.
Sombrero+Mexican Mustache Charizard combo.
Sherlock Holmes Hat Charizard.

I should be the Head of Hats at Nintendo.
I'd bring them back to the top, using a wide array of headwear.

They could just use the Megas or other dragon-like Pokémon *coughflygoncough*. That would be the most logical turn point, though I must say I would adore a top hat Charizard.
How is Flygon the most logical choice?
Flygon isn't a fire type, and would look really odd using attacks like Flamethrower.
Not to mention the slow walking and hit-boxes.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

How is Flygon the most logical choice?
Flygon isn't a fire type, and would look really odd using attacks like Flamethrower.
Not to mention the slow walking and hit-boxes.
Flygon is in no way the most logical choice. I just love Flygon. Something like Dragonite might work. They could just color Flamethrower purple to be like Dragonbreath, and remove the flame effect from the tail....or something.

I would actually really like it if Charizard X & Y were alt costumes instead of one of them being a final smash. Picking between the two for a place as a final smash means they're going to let someone down in the end (though X is far more popular) I think having both in the game as alts makes the most sense.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'd be content with different colored fire from the breath and tail.

Charizard just seems like a weird person to give Alt's to because of the tail?

He can just get different textures instead of complete alternate costumes like Flygon scheme giving him green bands around his arms and neck and red goggles, Salamence costume with blue skin and red wings, Rayquaza with yellow rings and his earthworm bandage things on his arms like Bowser, Dragonite being yellow with bluw wings, etc. And for fun Sakurai can give him unrelated Pokemon costumes like a Pikachu schene.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
The only obvious costumes are Shiny Charizard and Ridley!
Shiny Charizard and maybe Ridley color schemes are a must.

Dragonite should be a costume, I dedicate that one to my favorite Johto Gym Leader, Clair.

He's also my favorite Pokémon, of all time, seriously Dragonite is my all time favorite.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Give him some hats like Pikachu and Jigglypuff. And when I say that, I mean give him a Top Hat. Finish it off with a bow-tie, monocle and mustache.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I would settle for this:
That would be a color swap, not an alt costume, since it has no different features besides the color.

As I said before, I really hope Sakurai gives all the Pokémon their shiny forms as color swaps.

Top Bottom