• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Palette Swap Thread

D

Deleted Member

Looks like my prediction of Shiny Charizard not making may sadly be true. :( However, MCX appears purple due to lighting, so that last one could actually still be black. The wings look like they might be green though...

However, that "Charmelon" Charizard looks amazing, as does the Aerodactyl one.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Looks like my prediction of Shiny Charizard not making may sadly be true. :( However, MCX appears purple due to lighting, so that last one could actually still be black. The wings look like they might be green though...

However, that "Charmelon" Charizard looks amazing, as does the Aerodactyl one.
Really? I thought that was a Lugia color. :p

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ ThePsychoWolf ThePsychoWolf I just have to say, your sig is amazing. XD

Really? I thought that was a Lugia color. :p
Nope, Lugia isn't purple. Unless you meant the silverish looking one, then that might be a Lugia color, but I can't tell if the wings are blue or not in that pic. Did anyone use the silver color in the demo and is it recorded somewhere?

Also blue Charizard too gooooooood~

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
So, I'm pretty much in love with Cherryzard. It's the clear winner for me. It also provides me with the perfect name for my custom Charizard setup. Incidentally, I love that we can name those things.

macher09

Smash Rookie
We got the SHINY zard, yeeeees. (The last one in the bottom right is Shiny Zard from Gold/Silver)

Ceci Kiyomizu

Smash Rookie
NNID
CeciKiyomizu
Really like that Ridley colored Charizard.
In all seriousness though that white one is awesome

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Haven't seen much love for the bottom left: golden body with blue-purple wings. It might be my favorite of the bunch. Close in appearance to standard, classic colors but with enough flair to look different and flashy. Kind of reminds me of Dragonite or old Charizard art, even though both are usually portrayed with a more greenish, teal underwings nowadays.

BlueZard looks similar to the Project M Golbat inspired palette, and even though we didn't get the modern black-and-red Shiny it's nice to have GSC Shiny/Ridley/Barney as a consolation prize.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So wait. I'm not entirely sure if palettes get referenced anymore based off origin or they just put in these colors for the hell of it. But I'd like to guess:

1. Default
  2. Charmeleon-esque
  3. N/A
  4. MegaCharizardY-esque
  5. Dragonite / his shiny forms of Charmander & Charmeleon
  6. Aerodactyl / Goodra
  7. Golbat or Zubat:troll: / MegaCharizardX-esque (not exact, only the stomach color matches) / Hydreigon / Blastoise
  8. Shadow Lugia / Nidoking

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
His last one is probably his shiny color from G/S/C. Green wings and all.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
At first I didn't wanna mention any origins that could be based off anything related to pokemon about Charizard's hues of red-ish palettes, because for some reason Charizard out of the 3 Team colors R B & G, he'd be Red Team mostly, so I figure that's why he would get away with 3 red-ish palettes, sorta like Lucario & Greninja having 3 blue-ish palettes. Pikachu & Jigglypuff aren't R B or G so their colors aren't relevant with the Team Battle colors topic.

But yeah I like your fix a lot. Didn't think about ORAS at all when guessing these palette origins.

Though I'm disappointed you didn't keep my guess of Zubat/Golbat on the blue palette. You know you want a Golbat palette resemblance on charizard.:troll:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
One of the palettes in Famitsu, the current shiny-esque one, seems to have been replaced with that annoying 'slightly darker shade of normal Charizard' palette. Odd.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

If we got something like this I would never use anything else.
Confirmed, Purple Charizard is in, Ridley confirmed, see.

Yay I got my Charmeleon!

Oh and btw, look there's Mewizard, I totally called Mewizard.

Unfortunately Shiny Charizard is no where to be had.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
They couldn't even bother to include a Shiny Charizard (i.e. the black one) palette swap?

Bah. At least there's Project M.

Shog

Smash Ace
Chameleon pallet swap...okay...****, yes! Sorry but that is amazing!! I always thought the orange color was lame on Charizard back in the 90's sweat jesus. Yesh

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Although I love all the palettes for Charizard this time around, the blue one is my favorite.

I actually don't mind that much that the modern Shiny Charizard didn't make the cut. The classic Shiny Charizard is also very cool in my opinion, so I have no objections here.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Although I love all the palettes for Charizard this time around, the blue one is my favorite.

I actually don't mind that much that the modern Shiny Charizard didn't make the cut. The classic Shiny Charizard is also very cool in my opinion, so I have no objections here.
Welcome to Smashboards BlueZard.:shades: And yeah I dig practically all of Zard's palettes including the blue palette too. I'll pretend it's secretly Golbat as the resembling palette, but overall, GreenZard is kind of hotness.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

1 . . . . . 2 ,,,,,,,,,3 . . . . 4 . . . . 5. . , . . 6. . . . .7zubat . . . .8

What is your favourite palette swap for Charizard?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
What are you talking about? # 7 is clearly Golbat.:troll:

Though my favorite palette swap is undoubtedly GreenZard.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Default, because that's who I am.

Although I do like the white (Aerodactyl?) palette swap.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Like I said before, BlueZard is my favorite. In fact, I actually like it even more BECAUSE it resembles Zubat and/or Golbat. While most people find that particular Pokemon to be annoying, I have always liked it a lot. Maybe since blue was my favorite color when I was young, so I just loved every Pokemon that was primarily blue in color. Especially if it was cute. And... For some reason I always thought Zubat is kinda cute, too. Yeah... My definition of "cute" can be weird, I know.

But anyways, yeah. BlueZard is my personal favorite. I also like how the "Team Colors" from Brawl are returning, because there are definitely people out there who like those colors. (Well, except no one mentioned the Pink Charizard yet... He was the original BlueZard from Brawl, except he wasn't really blue.)

Top Bottom