• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charicific Valley • The Project: M Charizard General Discussion Thread

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I might be able to make it, but it'd require that me and my friend bring a chauffeur xD

is it to much to ask you to house the 3 of us for a weekend? :/ propably, but i don't really see another way right now...

Ace55

Smash Lord
I might be able to make it, but it'd require that me and my friend bring a chauffeur xD

is it to much to ask you to house the 3 of us for a weekend? :/ propably, but i don't really see another way right now...

I'd like to say yes but 3 people is a bit much )=.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I figured it would be....
I don't see it happen sadly :/ The only "cheap" way to get to you would be by riding in someones car and that'd cost 45€ for some reason (one way)
but thank you very much for offering to house us! I'd so love to come!!!

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
thanks for the tourney-link, but i don't think i'll make it, as amsterdam was a big motivator to try and go :D

btw, kink-link wants to have 2.1 nair back i read somewhere... why? I'm perfectly happy with how the nair is right now :)

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing P:M for quite a while, but recently picked up Charizard and fell in love with him. One thing that would be an interesting change would be the rebel Charizard victory pose as a taunt (Or a crouching animation). I love how they incorperated it on the victory screen, but it would be funny to be able to do it in battle. I mean, we all know Charizard is everybody's favorite douchebag. Why not show it? Haha.

Drike

Smash Rookie
I've been playing P:M for quite a while, but recently picked up Charizard and fell in love with him. One thing that would be an interesting change would be the rebel Charizard victory pose as a taunt (Or a crouching animation). I love how they incorperated it on the victory screen, but it would be funny to be able to do it in battle. I mean, we all know Charizard is everybody's favorite douchebag. Why not show it? Haha.
I can agree. Charizard's taunts are currently a little boring.. I realize taunts probably aren't on the top of the devs priorities but it would be nice to get a cool taunt or two

MaxThunder

PM Support
calling zard's taunt a little boring is pretty much an understatement... almost every character has at least one taunt that's better than all of zard's taunts put toghether<.<...

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
Is there somewhere with a list of available alternative skins? I want a Lugia skin of Charizard, Mewtwo would be nice too. :D

Do they exist? Those specific skins, I mean. Oh, and Shiny Charizard!

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
This is the forum where you would look for skins:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php
Here you would go to Characters - then click on Charizard's icon - then I typically click top download as they are the most favored and less glitchy.

As for applying skins, it is fairly simple with project M. All you have to do navigate:

SD/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/pokelizardon
From here, you would find and place the FitPokeLizardon .pac and psc files (that you downloaded). The numbers (00...01...01...) dictates what skin will be placed on Charizard based on the character selection screen (when you choose a specific skin). I'd recommend finding a guide showing you the original (Brawl) color coordination.

I hope this helps.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
This is the forum where you would look for skins:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php
Here you would go to Characters - then click on Charizard's icon - then I typically click top download as they are the most favored and less glitchy.

As for applying skins, it is fairly simple with project M. All you have to do navigate:
SD/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/pokelizardon
From here, you would find and place the FitPokeLizardon .pac and psc files (that you downloaded). The numbers (00...01...01...) dictates what skin will be placed on Charizard based on the character selection screen (when you choose a specific skin). I'd recommend finding a guide showing you the original (Brawl) color coordination.

I hope this helps.
Okay, thank you, but is my 1 GB SD Card going to be insufficient to be able to use it? I don't have a 2 GB SD Card. >.<

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
No, not at all. The hackless wii setup is only 300-400 mb of space. A psc/pac file is merely a few kilobytes.

Binx

Smash Master
Can anyone suggest a good place to find charizard texture hacks? I tried brawl vault but my browser seems to hate that site and wont load anything. ...."problem" sigh ^_^

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Charizard as well as Ivysaur are now my "starting" characters in tournament for P:M. Charizard is my 1st pick unless I don't like the match-up or I feel that Ivy would have a better chance. I've been playing Charizard since 2.5 and have a pretty good feel for him, though I could use more work with him to make him the best.

(I love his up throw so much, I always try to finish a game up with it if I can)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Sorry for DP, as this one was half a week old, i think it's allright to get a new one.
I'm uploading a charizard tech video right now, but won't be able to stick around till its up.
Its only 2 things so far, but i wanted to ask you guys wether you think anybody would be interested in more of that, especially for new zard players. Maybe shed some light on the character...
http://youtu.be/zCM4-e5liQU

Sadly i don't have a recording device, but I hope the quality stays viewable after its on YT :D

So yeah... tell me what you think :) I'll probably finish it anyways, just wanted to see wether its crap (I don't know how to edit worth ****) or ok.

edit: So yeah, it's up :D please gif feet back!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Sorry for DP, as this one was half a week old, i think it's allright to get a new one.
I'm uploading a charizard tech video right now, but won't be able to stick around till its up.
Its only 2 things so far, but i wanted to ask you guys wether you think anybody would be interested in more of that, especially for new zard players. Maybe shed some light on the character...
http://youtu.be/zCM4-e5liQU

Sadly i don't have a recording device, but I hope the quality stays viewable after its on YT :D

So yeah... tell me what you think :) I'll probably finish it anyways, just wanted to see wether its crap (I don't know how to edit worth ****) or ok.

edit: So yeah, it's up :D please gif feet back!
Wow, I completely missed this >.>. The video was pretty neat, I knew about glide canceling but not about the flame edgehog. I should give that a try sometime...

Food for thought: Has anyone tried UAir -> glair? It's really good if the opponent SDI's the UAir to the side, since they'll probably be too far outwards to rely on up+B and too high to hit with double-jump FAir... and it looks super epic :p.

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
That was very nice! Never really tried connecting glair after an aerial that high up, I usually just go for a sideb depending on the DI. I imagine it could work on fast fallers though at the right percentage.

@Yomi, I would add Wavebounce* glide cancels (I'll sift through videos too see if I have any footage) and ledge canceled glair on platforms. Pretty situational but, if you can land it right then you can follow up with whatever you want.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Same here. Mega Charizard X really was the best thing they could do, I wasn't really ever a Charizard fanatic although he has always been one of my favorite Pokemon due to him (despite typings) obviously being a dragon, and now he finally has a form that not only is blue but is also Dragon typed. Mostly I want P:M devs to make this the new skin for Charizard instead of the current blue skin, similar to how they have his shiny colors instead of the old red skin.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Not that Zard is in desperate need of Buffs, but I have two suggestions for changes in the next build. I figure I should put them here?

1. Charging Down B on the ground should yield a faster and higher launch... not by a lot, but currently I feel like it doesn't make much of a difference in height.

2. It might be too counter intuitive, but maybe let Zard jump out of glide (and keep his other jump) unless he's been hit. I admit this could be too confusing the be worth it.

3. Have glide be able to start at a downward angle if you hit down b diagonally forward. The reason: while glide landing has too much lag to be useful generally, when edge canceled it is pretty useful. However currently there's no way to reliably do this instantly, so generally when you do it is too projected to be used as an approach, and takes too much time (adjusting to angle of glide) to be used in combos.

Technically he can glide land immediately out of glide when he's under the platform: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFH7iKAYPJQBut, the timing is very difficult AND the timing is different depending on the height of the platform. Even if we were to say the technique above could be mastered (and maybe it could be), Zard couldn't quickly glideland -> edge cancel on platforms below him.

I don't think he technically needs these, but I do think they'd be cool.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Do you have videos? It's hard, but you pretty much have to rush in after him with jab or DTilt while trying to crouch-cancel any NAirs he might throw out because he can just dash dance all day. I can't give you any more specifics unless you have footage though.

RKM

Smash Cadet
Sadly, I don't have any videos.
Thanks for the advice though.

Top Bottom