• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Ninja Turtles and Ronin Warriors... sorry just needed that out there.
I don't want to see Toad, for some reason, I really don't want him in there. Same for the little Bowser/Shadow Mario idea... any Final Fantasy characters... any Street Fighter characters... Darth Vader...

I could kinda see Turok though :D

NukeA6

Smash Master
Pichu, Dr. MArio, Tails, Dr. Wright, Wind Waker Link, any Pikchu look-alike (Plusle, Marril, etc.) should not be in the game.

Sensai

Smash Master
NukeA6 said:
Pichu, Dr. MArio, Tails, Dr. Wright, Wind Waker Link, any Pikchu look-alike (Plusle, Marril, etc.) should not be in the game.
I actually wouldn't mind seeing WW Link in there, so long as Young Link was taken out. I mean, if he was replaced, that'd be neat, and I could go for that.

AeryEcho

Smash Cadet
I personally don't like pokemon, but that doesn't mean I should kill the joy for pokemon fans, right?
What he** is up with gay being bad? Do you mean ignorant, because that's all I am hearing: ignorance. Da** it, accept differences or we will hunt you down I say! HUNT YOU DOWN!!!!

Sorry, outburst.
The nintendogs thing is a bit late, wasn't it already in the movie? Doubtful they'll remove it.

LinkMoo

Smash Cadet
Pichu Game&Watch Mewtwo Cloud Strife (why are people requesting him???) Kingdom Hearts characters (yeah right) any Marvel characters (that would ruin it. they have Marvel fighting games, people, go play those)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I actually would like to see toad just to know what they would do with him. I also think that this argument about, the character has no real defined moves.. um CF has what moves? He drives a car in his games. No punch no kick nothing. That argument is pretty invalid.

mcpon

Smash Journeyman
Along the same lines as the above post, I would like to see Bub from Bubble Bobble, just to see what they would do with him.
Mouser (Super Mario Bros. 2)

Sensai

Smash Master
co_and_me said:
I actually would like to see toad just to know what they would do with him. I also think that this argument about, the character has no real defined moves.. um CF has what moves? He drives a car in his games. No punch no kick nothing. That argument is pretty invalid.
Exactly.

I wouldn't mind seeing Toad in there. He's in just about every Mario game, and plays a somewhat big role.

Then again, the Koopa Troop is in every Mario game.

But they're just common enemies. Toad DOES something (sometimes).

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
Toad's a commoner as well; there's more than one Toad running around, afterall. Kind of why I wish Yoshi would be taken out ¬.¬

Koops

Smash Journeyman
behind your left ear where it's always itchy
well, he is nintendo legacy

off topic: i went to a shop 2day and found only TWO different gamecube games but about 40 different 360 games, I hate that and my 'friend' tld me that nintendo had passed it's time but without nintendo there would be no ps2s or 360s!
That is all of my ranting, thank you for half reading this rant.

Sensai

Smash Master
phatJacob07 said:
Toad's a commoner as well; there's more than one Toad running around, afterall. Kind of why I wish Yoshi would be taken out ¬.¬
There're a bunch of mushroom headed people, but only one TOAD.

Or at least, that's how I've understood it.

And to the post above me: Don't sweat it. Nintendo isn't past it's time. Wii won best in show, while Microsoft just kinda sat there. Although, they even did better than the PS3, who just sat there and then had the nerve to steal Nintendo's idea even though they had poked fun at it earlier.

Nintendo's gonna rise above again pretty soon. Look at the handheld market: 4 DS's sold to every 1 PSP. That's a LOT of Sony fanboys crying.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Simply because I enjoy watching advanced Ness players in SSBM, I would never want to see him taken out.

A. Sonic and the like-- No for reasons already mentioned
B. Pokemon-- there are entirely too many Nintendo games to choose from out there. We don't need any more pokemon unless they have some allegorical significance pertaining to a different game.
C. Nintendog-- No for reasons already mentioned

ROBERT2K95 said:
I don't want to see Mr.Game and Watch
Go die.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Characters I don't want to see in SSBB as playable characters are:

Black-haired Little Mac (I know he is good, but it would be more difficult to tell if Kirby is imitating the black-haired Little Mac than the blonde-haired Little Mac.)
Tom Nook (He isn't suitable enough to fight.)
Petey Piranha
Tingle
Toad (He's being used as one of Peach's special moves.)
Toadette
King Dedede (How would he use the Hammer from Donkey Kong Arcade?)
Ridley (No flying characters allowed, unless their flying abilities last for a short amount of time.)
Dry Bones
Anyone of the Bounty Hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters
Too many Pokemon/Pocket Monsters
Anyone from the WarioWare series (except for Wario.)
Every other Donkey Kong character (except for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong JR., and Stanley the Bugman)
Every other Star Fox character (except for Krystal.)
Every other F-ZERO character (except for Rick Wheeler/Ryu Suzaku, Black Shadow, and/or Samurai Goroh.)
Every other Zelda character (except for today's Young Link/cel-shaded Link, Princess Zelda, Shiek, and Ganondorf.)

Anime characters like Naruto, Sasuke, Goku, Brolly, Vegeta, Luffy, Astro Boy, Osaka, Chiyo, anyone from FMA, anyone from FMP, Yugi Muto, nor any other overrated animes.

Other third-party characters like Sonic, Mega Man (any kind), Crono, Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Sora, Rayman, Bomberman, Sam Fisher, Gordon Freeman, Master Chief, Ryu Hoshi, Ryu Hayabusa, Lara Croft, Simon Belvont, Klonoa, nor any other third-party character.

NOR

Any other characters and real people like Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Godzilla, King Kong, Underdog, Mr. Bucket, Osama bin Laden, Reggie Fils-Ame, Chuck Norris, Chunk (Goonies), Picard (Star Trek), Darth Vader (Star Wars), Gumby, Mr. Bill, Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Mr. Rossi, nor anyone else that everyone could think of that would ruin the Super Smash Bros. franchise.

Marth 616

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of characters I don't want to see in Brawl...

I just hope they don't take out any important characters from Melee.

ssjmarth

Smash Cadet
I hope they cut Falco. Cut Mewtwo unless the fix his stuff. I dont' like the ice climbers but i dont' forsee them cut. I really hope Dr.Mario is not going to be cut. Mostly Falco.

Sensai

Smash Master
ssjmarth said:
I hope they cut Falco. Cut Mewtwo unless the fix his stuff. I dont' like the ice climbers but i dont' forsee them cut. I really hope Dr.Mario is not going to be cut. Mostly Falco.
Out of all of those, Doc is the one MOST likely to be cut, 'cause he's an almost identical clone to the regular Mario.

Mewtwo's original, and'll probably stay. IC's'll DEFINITELY be in there, seeing as how they're great.

mcpon

Smash Journeyman
I hope they get rid of young Link. But I don't think they will, since they kept all of the characters from SSB in SSBM.

SR7884

Smash Apprentice
Ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong ying tong
-Pichu, Jigglypuff
-Peach (hated her, but we know she's going to be in it....just because Mario is)
-Cloud, Sephiroth (but it might be a possiblity....Square have made a few games for Nin recently....I'd just rather want to see Chrono Trigger characters....I wouldn't mind having Sepi or Cloud though)
-Krystal
-Nintendog (just wouldn't work)
-Raiden (the MGS gimp)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
mcpon said:
I hope they get rid of young Link. But I don't think they will, since they kept all of the characters from SSB in SSBM.
Sakurai has said that not all of the characters are returning this time, "definitely."

Eaode

Smash Champion
I can see them replacing Pichu with someone else, *hoping for Blaziken*
I really DON't want to see:
-FF characters
-Pac man
-Anime characters *glares at DBZ and Naruto*

The characters I could see getting cut:
-Game & Watch (although unlikely)
-Pichu (likely, i still kinda like him though)
-Doctor Mario (almost identical)
-Young link (or changed)

I like falco, he's actually different enough to warrant staying. Ganondorf with a new moveset is almost a given.

As for Mewtwo, I don't see how you could remove him. The story goes that when they were making Mewtwo, they feared that he'd be overpowered, so they nerfed him. It seems as though they overdid it though. I really hope that he gets powered up.

nuro

Smash Lord
It seems that there has been confusion with what characters Nintendo should select. Many people have been saying to get rid of Pichu or to get rid of all the pokemon from the game. Not only this but some people have gotten mad at the fact Solid Snake from MGS will be in the game.

Some people don't prefer cute and nice characters because they think they are to old for them. Others think that this game isn't supposed to have serious characters in it. But both these types of people are wrong.

Super Smash Brothers is a unique game in its own right, because it offers player diverscity, don't you think?

I can remember back in 1999 when I saw SSB64 for the first time. I saw Pikachu and Link in the same game. I liked both the characters at the time. I knew this would be a game for me and I played it happily. Now its the year 2006 and my opinion has changed a little. I still like those characters, but to a different extent. I lost most of my love for Pikachu, and maybe some for Link. But, I see a new character Solid Snake, and I can't believe they put one of my favorite characters in the game agian.

People who think that some characters are more significant than others are deeply wrong. Some people like their own certain characters and others should respect that. Without character variety Smash Bros loses it's soul. This is why there shouldn't be anyone who says "Blank" shouldn't be in the game.

Sorry for the bad spelling.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I feel that this game should be prodominant in only nintendo characters. I don't want this game to turn into Capcom VS Konami or anything like that.

Snake is an interesting character to decide to put into this game, but he's way to human and way to normal to be a SSB Character. Mario is considered human also, but when he punches, his fist gets bigger, and he's known for an outstanding jump. Im just saying that if snake's gonna be in Brawl (and he is) he might be dumbed down into a casual nintendo character. I personally don't play any Metal Gear games, but i've seen how serious a character he is, and i also see how much SSBB could possibly hurt is Rep.

Pokemon wise, i think there should be no more pokemon added to this game, and Pichu, and Mewtwo should be taken out. The only reason i wanna keep Pikachu is because he's an original SSB character, and he doesn't deserve to be taken out of the last game. Same for Jigglystuff. Pokemon doesn't really appeal to much of the older crowd of SSB. It's a kid's franchise, lets keep it that way. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Pokemon is still a big hit in Japan, and the Japanese developers don't really give a rat's *** what americans think about it. what can ya do?

Sonic wize, he would fit in well with the SSB atmosphere, but, he's had games out for alternate systems, and that makes him not a full-time nintendo character (not that he ever was).

Characters added should be side-kicks or enemies to characters in nintendo games. I love the fact taht they added Meta Knight to this game, who made is Nintendo debute in Kirby Superstar. They could maybe add another Kong to the scene, maybe another Earthbound character, maybe another F-Zero character and so on, (but i draw the line at another Mario character, there's too many as there is). and, i'm sure that they will also add in more characters (besides Pit) from the original Nintendo.

Keep an open mind though folks (im a hippocrit), SSBB will be a great game, whatever characters are in the game.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Only immature people try to be mature. It's a fact. Look it up. I dont mind there being too realistic characters in the game, but it would be better if most of them were cartoonish. It's so much more fun that way. And I will add Krystal to the list of not wanted characters.

Intolerance

Smash Rookie
Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, or anything that can only say it's own name...*cough all the pokemon cough*

but FoxDash is right if I see a Nintendog I will go burn down an orphanage on Christmas eve.

Intolerance

Smash Rookie
ssjmarth said:
why all the falco hate? just to similar to Fox? or did he traumatize you during a bad performance in Starfox 64?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Honestly, I don't care who's in it, who's not.

I would have liked it to be all Nintendo, but since they broke that with Snake entering the game, I would now like to see characters like, Sonic, Megaman.. Hell, I'd like to see Bomberman in there, blowing the crap out of people...

Though I do agree.. No FF7 characters.. If any FF character should be involved, I'd like to see Zidane from FF9, one because that game is under-rated, and two the SD-ish style he was made it wouldn't look bad at all in this game..

Also, I'd like them to fix Ganondorf.. I've been complaining about him for years, because he's just a C. Falcon that's slowed down a lot, and he has a lot of power... I wish they kept his little charging ball from OoT and he was less flexible... I mean come on.. Who ever imagined Ganondorf (Nintendo's most evil character) to have the ability to do splits?

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
1st of all, to all those who actually play the game a great deal we all know that the "clones" in the game brings lil justice 2 how much of a completely different character they are.

there are tons of people who claim 2 be a master with Link while can't cope with Young Link and vice versa. Mario and Dr. Mario ever have a very different play style and i'll even go as far as some people even consider Pichu being a better character than Pikachu! and as to you despising Ganondorf, he out of all the "clones" is the least most like his predecessor Captin Falcon. my proof is that in event mode you verse all the clones starting from most-like-original to least-like-original starting from Dr. Mario ending off with Ganondorf.

its really all on how you play and whats your style. for instance i'm not gud at all with fast characters and usually end up falling off the stage with Fox, but with Falco i can own multiple enemies. i do believe that there will be little to none "clones" in ssbb tho. i'm just stating that you shouldn't bad mouth the "clones" because they were a big help to the game. :)

B.W.

Smash Champion
I wasn't really saying anything about the whole cloning thing.. I was just saying, make Ganondorf more... Well Ganondorf-ish.

I've come across many that can beat me down with Ganondorf.. I'm just saying, I'd like him to be less flexible...

It's more of a personality issue with me, than a clone issue.

Ganondorf + powerful and evil = yes

Ganondorf + flexible as a balerina = no

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
agree agree.
but i didn't see him much of a balerina as you did. 2 me he was and still is a pig powerful evil guy that Link loves 2 slash. :)

Top Bottom