• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

GREAT-ONE

Smash Journeyman
Koops said:
that's rich! you're joking right? eh? you aren't, well if mario's such a pimp then why is he the star best selling games of all time and sonic isn't near him in that, and in your quote you are technically saying that sonic is a pimp.
So why are you guys hating on me and sonic?

GREAT-ONE

Smash Journeyman
I'm just joking ya'll, but I do think that sonic is cooler than pokemon, cuz its just my opinion. And yes sonic's games haven't really been that great lately, and hopefully with the upcoming sonic games for wii and 360/ps3 sonic will return to glory just like in the genesis games.

GREAT-ONE

Smash Journeyman
Well, sonics got attitude, hes faster than anything, hes got charisma, hes a good leader, his genesis games were awesome and he never gives up no matter what the cost is.

Pokemon is still cool, but I like sonic more, just my opinion.

GREAT-ONE

Smash Journeyman
FiErCe_oNi said:
u see thats y i dont want him in brawl, if he is faster than anything than he would be broken, no?
Well i'm sure that they will slow him down for this game, but in a way this worries me. If sonics in this game, I hope that they don't make Fox and C.Falcon slower cuz I love their speedthe way it is, but if they didn't mess with with Fox and falcon's speed then yes I wonder how fast sonic would be compared to the other two. Nintendo may not want sonic to be too fast, so they may mess with fox and falcon's speed just so sonics not way faster than them even though yes he would definately be the fastest character in the game. As long as sonic being in the game doe not affect the other two, I'm okay.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I went through 33 pages and here is a complete list I may alphabatize it later, I added the last 3 to the list, these are only the ones mentioned by name.
Nintendog
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Toad
Shadow
Chrono
Solid Snake
Tingle
Waluigi
Daisy
Koopa Troopa
Wolf Link
Sepihroth
Cloud
Pichu
Mewtwo
Megaman
Ness
Mr Game & Watch
Young Link
Raichu
Bomberman
Wario
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Petey Piranah
Ike
Ash Ketchum / Red
Birdo
Baloon Fighter
Rayman
Captain Olimar
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Wind Waker Link
Ridley
Pacman
Frogger
Banjo & Kazooie
Mew
Vaccum Luigi
FLUDD Mario
Kirby
Vyse
Blaizken
Hammer Bros
Team Rocket
Yoshi
Marth
Roy
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Baby Mario
Igglybuff
Toadette
Tom Nook
Lip
King Dedede
Paula
Slippy
Peppy
Meowth
Wolf O'donnel
Cranky
Deku Link
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Mallow
Earthworm Jim
Diddy & Dixie IC tag team
Dixie Kong
Big
Amy Rose
Kamek
Koopa the Quick
Boos
Goombahs
Bad Dudes
Andrew
Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario
Waddle Dee
ROB 64
Falco
Electrode
Scizzor
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Pheonix Wright
Dr Wright
Plusle
Minun
Mouser
Black haired Little Mac
Dry Bones
Peach
Raiden
Master Chief
FD Link
Paper Mario
Deoxys
Dark Samus
King Boo
Stafy
Sora
Proffesor Kawashima
Donkey Kong Jr
Stanely the Bugman
Tiny Kong

bbb

Smash Champion
Are these all the people you don't want? If so why Ness? Why Tom Nook? Why is everyone such a hater?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well i disagree with these, any characters that are already characters except pichu , wario, krystal, ridley, blaziken, star wolf, black shadow, deoxys, FD link (but not as a single character), snake, bomberman and maybe dark samus

sonic&shadow

Smash Apprentice
8000 said:
No Sonic characters period. It's not Nintendo and although they may get more money from characters such as Sonic, that takes away from the uniqueness of Smash. Once they put in Sonic or someone else they turn a great game into another common fighter game.
sonic and shadow would be great characters for the game :bigrocket

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
It's nintendo's 2nd (or 3rd) best selling franchise
Yes, I know that. And I'm sure that is the reason why, in the past, Sakurai has added around 100 to the throwable pokeballs. Isn't that enough for you to see? Is it necessary to have another set of playable Pokemon?

NukeA6

Smash Master
These guys should stay away from Brawl:

Dr. MArio
Pichu
Plusle
Minun
Mike Jones
Marril
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Igglybuff
Wigglytuff
Raichu
Koopa Troopa
Any Generic Enemy
Any character from the Sonic series except Sonic himself
Mallow
Any Final Fantasy character after FF6
Banjo and Kazooie
Young Link
Wind Waker Link
Duck hunt Dog
Bowser Jr.
Petey Piranha
Diddy and Dixie as a team
Very minor characters like Link's uncle
Any character that would be a clone

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Albert Anastasia said:
Yes, I know that. And I'm sure that is the reason why, in the past, Sakurai has added around 100 to the throwable pokeballs. Isn't that enough for you to see? Is it necessary to have another set of playable Pokemon?
yes because it is nintendo's 2nd most popular franchise, Pokemon fighters are unique.

The list I made is a list of all the characters people in this thread have said they don't want I added in DK jr, Stanely the bugman and Tiny Kong

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
EW Jim & his buddy B Man. I'm so easily grossed out I can't even to look at the words, much less the visual image they're assoiated with. :urg:

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Dang. Some characters who have a high chance of being in the game (Blaziken, Deoxys, etc.) or might return (Yoshi, Jigglypuff, etc.) are on that list. Whoever didn't wanna see them must wanna kill the quality of the darn game. Least that's what i think.

Just take a long look at the list and you'll see what i'm talking about. xianfeng, how long did it take you to compile such a list?

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
As long as young link doesn't make it into brawl I will be satifisfied. If Pichu also gets excluded I will do my first ever backfilp.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It took my a while to create the original list but it also took me a while to alphabtise it/
Amy Rose
Andrew
Ash Ketchum / Red
Baby Luigi
Baby Mario
Bad Dude
Baloon Fighter
Banjo & Kazooie
Big
Birdo
Black Haired Little Mac
Black Shadow
Blaizken
Bomberman
Boo
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Captain Olimar
Caveman Ninjas
Chrono
Cloud
Cranky
Crash Bandicoot
Daisy
Dark Samus
Deku Link
Deoxys
Dixie Kong
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Dr Wright
Dry Bones
Duck Hunt Dog
Earthworm Jim
Electrode
Falco
FD Link
FLUDD Mario
Frogger
Goombah
Hammer Bros
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Ice Climbers
Igglybuff
Ike
Jigglypuff
Kamek
King Boo
King Dedede
Kirby
Koopa the Quick
Koopa Troopa
Knuckles
Krystal
Link's Uncle
Lip
Mallow
Master Cheif
Maril
Marth
Megaman
Meowth
Mew
Mewtwo
Megaman
Mike Jones
Minun
Mouser
Mr Game & Watch
Ness
Nintendog
Pacman
Paper Mario
Paula
Peach
Peppy
Petey Piranah
Pichu
Pheonix Wright
Plusle
Proffesor Kawashima
Raichu
Raiden
Rayman
Ridley
ROB 64
Roy
Samurai Goroh
Scizzor
Sepihroth
Shadow
Shadow Mario
Slippy
Solid Snake
Sonic
Sora
Spyro
Stafy
Stanely the Bugman
Tails
Team Rocket
Tingle
Tiny Kong
Toad
Toadette
Tom Nook
Vaccum Luigi
Vyse
Waddle Dee
Waluigi
Wario
Wigglytuff
Wind Waker Link
Wolf Link
Wolf O'donnel
Yoshi
Young Link

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
saberhof said:
Whats so wrong about sonic???:(...i think hes pretty awsome!
I believe it's the fact that he's a third-party character. Some people on these boards oppose 3rd-party characters being in Smash, and just want the game to be strictly Nintendo characters.

saberhof

Smash Master
Shadow Calibur said:
I believe it's the fact that he's a third-party character. Some people on these boards oppose 3rd-party characters being in Smash, and just want the game to be strictly Nintendo characters.
well i guees they got screwed on that one ("Snake")

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
saberhof said:
well i guees they got screwed on that one ("Snake")
And they will be screwed again because sonic will probably make it. Even though I am against sonic (with every fiber in my being) i can recognise that he has fans as well as a great chance of becoming an addition to brawl.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
GREAT-ONE said:
Sorry but I disagree with you. Sonic is WAY cooler than pokemon. The reason you don't want him in the game is because you know your reflexes aren't fast enough to handle him.

And yes, he can fight.

well, and MEGAMAN IS BETTER THAN A POKEMON AND SONIC =) ! so cut it out guys! lol! just joking! but MEGAMAN is better!! =P

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I don't want any more Poke'mon, and if Sonic will be in it I don't want any more characters or items from the Sonic series in it, I've been to Sonic boards before and it's horrible. They think that half of this game will be dedicated to Sonic and it's quite annoying as you'd imagine.

DSGamer3002

Smash Rookie
I saw some people on other forums say they wanted characters like "Tom Nook" from Animal Crossing to be in Brawl. You have to honestly say that it's the stupidest idea ever. Characters similar to the following should seriously not be put into SSBB:

Tom Nook
Toad
Midna (LoZ: TP)
Tingle
Goomba

It's just so stupid for anyone to think about putting those characters in a SSB game. >.>

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It's up to date now
Amy Rose
Andrew
Ash Ketchum / Red
Baby Luigi
Baby Mario
Bad Dude
Baloon Fighter
Banjo & Kazooie
Big
Birdo
Black Haired Little Mac
Black Shadow
Blaizken
Bomberman
Boo
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Captain Olimar
Caveman Ninjas
Chrono
Cloud
Cranky
Crash Bandicoot
Daisy
Dark Samus
Deku Link
Deoxys
Dixie Kong
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Dr Wright
Dry Bones
Duck Hunt Dog
Earthworm Jim
Electrode
Falco
FD Link
FLUDD Mario
Frogger
Goombah
Hammer Bros
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Ice Climbers
Igglybuff
Ike
Jigglypuff
Kamek
King Boo
King Dedede
Kirby
Koopa the Quick
Koopa Troopa
Knuckles
Krystal
Link's Uncle
Lip
Mallow
Master Cheif
Maril
Marth
Megaman
Meowth
Mew
Mewtwo
Megaman
Midna
Mike Jones
Minun
Mouser
Mr Game & Watch
Ness
Nintendog
Pacman
Paper Mario
Paula
Peach
Peppy
Petey Piranah
Pichu
Pheonix Wright
Plusle
Proffesor Kawashima
Raichu
Raiden
Rayman
Ridley
ROB 64
Roy
Samurai Goroh
Scizzor
Sepihroth
Shadow
Shadow Mario
Slippy
Solid Snake
Sonic
Sora
Spyro
Stafy
Stanely the Bugman
Tails
Team Rocket
Tingle
Tiny Kong
Toad
Toadette
Tom Nook
Vaccum Luigi
Vyse
Waddle Dee
Waluigi
Wario
Wigglytuff
Wind Waker Link
Wolf Link
Wolf O'donnel
Yoshi
Young Link

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Ash Ketchum- The guy is just a Poke'mon trainer....come on, man....

Birdo-I just don't like Birdo at all.

Blaziken- It's a cool Poke'mon, but it's tough not picturing it as a C. Falcon clone.

Goombas, Koopas, Hammer Bros. etc.- Generic enemies.

Petey Pirhana- God no. The only way Petey should make it into Brawl is if they bring back the Home Run Contest and have Petey as the replacement for Sandbag. :mad:

Raichu- It would end up a clone of Pikachu.

Toad- He has 0% fighting potential.

Characters who shouldn't return IMO:

Pichu- The majority of Smash Bros. fans hate his guts. Plus he's low tier.

G&W- Having him as the retro character was cool, but he seems like just a one time deal to me IMO.

ICs- Same as G&W.

Doc- Character-wise, he's just Mario in a doctor outfit. At least Kid Link was a younger version of adult Link and Pichu was the devolved version of Pikachu.

Marth/Roy-They could have the more recent characters from FE, but I wouldn't mind if they kept Marth and/or Roy.

saberhof

Smash Master
Why not Megaman? :(, he has lots of fans!, woh, whats wrong with deoxy's? :(
Would any1 explain why arnt Megaman, Deoxy's and Sonic good characters to have??...just wanna know..

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i really dont want any sonic characters besides sonic, especialy shadow! shadow can be an alternate colour of sonic, there practicly exactly the same! dam sonic fanatics make me say things i dont mean, and no pikachu clones! and no 3rd party characters that most people hav never heard of! especialy the ones that hav only been on a handheld console, and no minor characters! no boos, koopa troopers or anythin like that

sox soxy

Smash Rookie
Nnintendo should try to put as many characters in SSBB as long as they have a reason to be included.I think Sonic should be in the game,hes a very well known character.Megaman too .they might be obvious but for good reason. It has to be balanced though or else we'll end up with just a bunch of clones.And even clones serve their purpose,if you like fox but want a slightly slower character more like the SSB64 version,than choose Falco.We just dont need useless Pichus.

Zofer

Smash Rookie
I think sonic should come but i think the nintendog will be like mr. saturn or something and like block the screen like in the movie. And c'mon, only about two new pokemon could come. I dont know about you guys but i had a lot of fun with the pokemon. toad can't fight.

Top Bottom