• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters you DON'T want in smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Piranha plant.
0/10 choice. Puff and Mario clearly are correct. Mario has stolen PP’s spotlight for years now without ever being caught. He has only been able to fake PP’s spot as the true hero of super leaf bros (the true name, not super Mario bros) due to a better PR team.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Another update to my list: Tetromino removed and is now in my most wanted. (LOL)
Waluigi removed

Two new characters!
Baldi and Recruit (Fortnite Default Skin)
+ Some updated opinions

Robloxian: I HATE Roblox, and this game should stay the hell away from Smash.

Sans: Just because one game gets announced on Switch doesn't mean they should immediately get into Smash. (There are some exceptions like Crash Bandicoot) Also I just don't see him working in Smash, due to his Gaster Blasters seeming way too ridiculous and overpowered for standard moves. They seem more like Final Smashes. AAAAAAAND like another character on this list, I can't stand the fanbase. At all. Extremely toxic and stubborn, refuses to listen to other people's opinions without arguing.

Jynx: My least favorite Pokémon of all time. Enough said.

Goku (and all non-video game characters) This is a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER competition. Characters from anime, TV shows, memes, books, and other forms of media do not belong in Smash

Snip and Clip: Zero moveset potential and comes from a game that gives off a stupid/overly silly vibe similar to Freakyforms... no thanks.
Also they function by cutting each other into pieces. That's great.

Rabbids: Extremely annoying, no moveset potential, and they would steal a character slot from Rayman who deserves to be in much more.

Baldi: OK, SERIOUSLY??? This isn't even a game in my opinion, rather a big, fat, ugly, mutated, steaming pile of **** called a "game" that should never get representation in Smash.

Recruit (Fortnite): OK, I do play Fortnite a lot, and I love the game, but what would this character do outside of being a walking, dancing meme with guns? I feel like if this character got in, it would solely be for the horrendously toxic fanbase of Fortnite... or the money. Same with Sans. I'd be cool with an AT, item, or stage though.

Those are my opinions. It's fine if you like any of these characters. I just don't want to see them in Smash.
Note: I'm sure there's good people in both the Undertale and Fortnite fanbases, this is just from personal experiences I've had.

Last edited:

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Another update to my list: Tetromino removed and is now in my most wanted. (LOL)
Waluigi removed

Two new characters!
Baldi and Recruit (Fortnite Default Skin)
+ Some updated opinions

Robloxian: I HATE Roblox, and this game should stay the hell away from Smash.

Sans: Just because one game gets announced on Switch doesn't mean they should immediately get into Smash. (There are some exceptions like Crash Bandicoot) Also I just don't see him working in Smash, due to his Gaster Blasters seeming way too ridiculous and overpowered for standard moves. They seem more like Final Smashes. AAAAAAAND like another character on this list, I can't stand the fanbase. At all. Extremely toxic and stubborn, refuses to listen to other people's opinions without arguing.

Goku (and all non-video game characters) This is a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER competition. Characters from anime, TV shows, memes, books, and other forms of media do not belong in Smash

Snip and Clip: Zero moveset potential and comes from a game that gives off a stupid/overly silly vibe similar to Freakyforms... no thanks.
Also they function by cutting each other into pieces. That's great.

Rabbids: Extremely annoying, no moveset potential, and they would steal a character slot from Rayman who deserves to be in much more.

Baldi: OK, SERIOUSLY??? This isn't even a game in my opinion, rather a big, fat, ugly, mutated, steaming pile of **** called a "game" that should never get representation in Smash.

Recruit (Fortnite): OK, I do play Fortnite a lot, and I love the game, but what would this character do outside of being a walking, dancing meme with guns? I feel like if this character got in, it would solely be for the horrendously toxic fanbase of Fortnite... or the money. Same with Sans. I'd be cool with an AT, item, or stage though.

Those are my opinions. It's fine if you like any of these characters. I just don't want to see them in Smash.
Note: I'm sure there's good people in both the Undertale and Fortnite fanbases, this is just from personal experiences I've had.
I agree with some of your list, but can we honestly use the fan base argument when we have the friggin Sonic fan base in our community?

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Characters I DON'T want in Smash? Third parties that aren't Geno. Literally all of them. I'll take Nintendo characters please.

...As long as they aren't more FE characters, we have enough of those.

Dan

Smash Lord
If it was one of the Mario Rabbids it has crazy moveset potential including shotguns, hammers, blasters, sentries, rockets, machine guns, etc (obviously cartoon versions). They would probably go with Rabbid Peach since she was the standout.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If it was one of the Mario Rabbids it has crazy moveset potential including shotguns, hammers, blasters, sentries, rockets, machine guns, etc (obviously cartoon versions). They would probably go with Rabbid Peach since she was the standout.
I'm gonna be honest I'd rather have Rabbid Peach over Rayman....Never cared for Rayman personally. I think Legends is EXTREMELY overrated. Where as Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is one of the best underrated Switch exclusives. In fact it was the best Mario game to release on Switch in 2017 IMO.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Well now that Incineroar, Simon(I would’ve been better off with his inclusion had ****in veggieben not leaked him before even e3), AND Isabelle all got in, I have a pretty bad track record of dislikes getting in, and likes getting the AT treatment. But now I’ll say this (in all caps to emphasize my point): ANY MICROSOFT REP THAT IS NOT BANJO&KAZOOIE SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN AS THEY ARE ALL JOKE CHARACTERS WHO WOULDNT REMOTELY FIT IN WITH SMASH.

Dan

Smash Lord
Well now that Incineroar, Simon(I would’ve been better off with his inclusion had ****in veggieben not leaked him before even e3), AND Isabelle all got in, I have a pretty bad track record of dislikes getting in, and likes getting the AT treatment. But now I’ll say this (in all caps to emphasize my point): ANY MICROSOFT REP THAT IS NOT BANJO&KAZOOIE SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN AS THEY ARE ALL JOKE CHARACTERS WHO WOULDNT REMOTELY FIT IN WITH SMASH.
imo Simon was likely the most likely newcomer after Inkling and Isabelle; he had fan-backing, but they would've included him even if there wasn't a huge demand.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I don't want censored Camilla. Might as well give me Edelgard and Jade now.

startmirca

Smash Rookie
Here are characters I DEFINITELY don’t want:

-Sephiroth/Any FFVII character: 15 mainline Final Fantasy games, and yet another FFVII character is chosen. There is a small amount of FF content and getting just ANOTHER FFVII character would be very annoying and frustrating. The only FFVII character that I would accept is Zack as an Echo Fighter of Cloud. Any non-FFVII protagonist would easy be a much better choice, examples being Bartz, Cecil, Squall, Tidus, Lightning and Noctis.

-Another Fire Emblem character that isn’t an echo, Azura, Alm, Celica or a Three Houses protagonist

-Another Gen 1 Pokemon, echo or not: Seriously, enough of Gen 1. The other Pokemon Generations need some love since Gen 1 is way TOO OVEREXPOSED

-Steve from Minecraft: His design is such a turnoff.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
I dont want Jnyx, E Gadd, Minecraft Alex(becuase 1 minecraft character is enough for me) or Dry Bones

They just seem unorignal to me and i dont want that.

But other than that i will take any one else, Im pretty neutral on a lot of things

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Some characters I've said but:

Toad - He is a move for Peach and will forever stay that way + Toad is a boring character with nothing interesting.

Captain Toad - Just because he has his own game doesn't mean the character deserves to be in, his potential movesets honestly imo seem boring to me and the game itself doesn't interest me enough, so unless Captain Toad becomes a SERIES, I cannot be a fan.

Characters to represent Star Wars The Old Republic - Awful Game, Star Wars Galaxies was a great MMO but SWTOR is just a complete ripoff. World of Warcraft is far superior. I have nothing against Star Wars itself but that game is just the worst EVER.

More Kid Icarus characters - It's overrepresented, Kid Icarus is a tiny series and yet it has 3 characters. a 4th Kid Icarus character would be overkill

Mickey Mouse - He wouldn't fit like AT ALL

Marx and Magolor - Both fit better in a boss/AT role, their anatomies are too weird for being playable. I prefer Daroach infinitely
EDIT - I think they are fine, I just don't care for them enough to be playable.

Balloon Fighter - It has like no reason to be in, it just feels like a bottom of the barrel pick that has no potential

Primarina - It was an extreme disappointment to me as a starter.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
More Kid Icarus characters - It's overrepresented, Kid Icarus is a tiny series and yet it has 3 characters. a 4th Kid Icarus character would be overkill
And Fire Emblem isn't?

With Pokemon and Mario I can get but Fire Emblem didn't even need 7 characters to begin with.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
And Fire Emblem isn't?

With Pokemon and Mario I can get but Fire Emblem didn't even need 7 characters to begin with.
Fire Emblem is way more consistent as a series, Kid Icarus only had 3 games, it had 1 NES game and 1 Gameboy Game that wasn't released in Japan and 1 3DS game waaaay later

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Fire Emblem is way more consistent as a series, Kid Icarus only had 3 games, it had 1 NES game and 1 Gameboy Game that wasn't released in Japan and 1 3DS game waaaay later
I don't see how consistency adds up to being overrepresented but okay. Agree to disagree then.

Dan

Smash Lord
What is with everyone saying Jynx haha?! I know with Piranha Plant any character is possible, but why is everyone singling out this one character that has no chance? I personally like the character, but I typically dislike things people love and like stuff people hate anyway.

-Another Gen 1 Pokemon, echo or not: Seriously, enough of Gen 1. The other Pokemon Generations need some love since Gen 1 is way TOO OVEREXPOSED
You're saying this like it's a pertinent issue like the amount of FE characters, when they haven't added a Gen 1 Pokémon since Brawl; it should just be no more Pokémon period.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Some characters I've said but:

Toad - He is a move for Peach and will forever stay that way + Toad is a boring character with nothing interesting.

Captain Toad - Just because he has his own game doesn't mean the character deserves to be in, his potential movesets honestly imo seem boring to me and the game itself doesn't interest me enough, so unless Captain Toad becomes a SERIES, I cannot be a fan.

Characters to represent Star Wars The Old Republic - Awful Game, Star Wars Galaxies was a great MMO but SWTOR is just a complete ripoff. World of Warcraft is far superior. I have nothing against Star Wars itself but that game is just the worst EVER.

Mickey Mouse - He wouldn't fit like AT ALL

Marx and Magolor - Both fit better in a boss/AT role, their anatomies are too weird for being playable. I prefer Daroach infinitely

Balloon Fighter - It has like no reason to be in, it just feels like a bottom of the barrel pick that has no potential

Primarina - It was an extreme disappointment to me as a starter.
Mickey mouse wouldn't fit ins smash bros.? As for the anatomy argument, this is smash, if a Piranha Plant can be made playable, I highly doubt their anatomy is too weird.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Hey man here I thought we could be friends since you like Ravio but if you're gonna diss SWtOR like that I'll just have to...

...do nothing really since I don't even play the game any more lol. But I did have a lot of fun with it. And as much as I hate the idea of things with no ties to Nintendo getting into Smash, I don't think I could contain my inner Star Wars geek if a jedi got in lol.

On topic, basically any character who has no ties to Nintendo like Master Chief, 2B, and Dante. Also really don't want Steve or Sans.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Another Pokemon starter: There's just way too many starters in the game.

Mallow: Having two characters from a relatively obscure game from so long ago is dumb, just Geno would be fine.

Poochy: Seems like it would be unfun to play as. Yoshi could get a second rep; the series (Yoshi's Island included) has sold more than Fire Emblem, Metroid, and even WarioWare, but I'd much rather wait for a cooler rep.

Yarn Yoshi: Would most likely be too similar to Yoshi.

Euden: Surprisingly enough, the dragon transformation niche has already been filled by Corrin.

Ganon: We have three Links and two Zeldas; if we get another Ganon before Skull Kid, a champion, Midna, or Vaati, LoZ will officially become the most unfairly represented series.

Another F-Zero Rep: Just, no.

Hades: Medusa would be better.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
-indies rep
-characters from games that havent been released yet
-another kid icarus rep unless if there is a 4th game coming
-any fire emblem rep that isnt a villain
-bandana dee, he doesnt look interesting to me compared to alot of other kirby characters
-a 2nd non echo rep from a 3rd party franchise that is already represented

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
- Heihachi
Literally is not an interesting character at all to me. Another fighting game character which at this point feels really uninspired, and I'm really willing to pass on another martial artist.

- Erdrick
From what I've heard, nothing about him sounds new or fun. Sounds like Robin 2 but with a normal sword. Also, if we did get a DQ character then I'd much prefer Eight because his design is rad as hell. Also this nukes chances for characters I'm really gunning for like (maybe?) Sora, FF characters from Nintendo's side like Terra, and Neku.

- Sylux
we already got Ridley go away where's Rundas

- Anyone from Fire Emblem that isn't Anna
Anna is the only FE character I genuinely want in Smash, and I REALLY want her. So everyone else? Ehhhhhh go away

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
New update!

New characters: Freddi Fish and more FE swordfighters.
+ Updated opinions!

Robloxian/Roblox Kid: I HATE Roblox, and this game should stay the hell away from Smash.

Sans: Just because one game gets announced on Switch doesn't mean they should immediately get into Smash. (There are some exceptions like Crash Bandicoot) Also I just don't see him working in Smash, due to his Gaster Blasters seeming way too ridiculous and overpowered for standard moves. They seem more like Final Smashes. AAAAAAAND like another character on this list, I can't stand the fanbase. At all. Extremely toxic and stubborn, refuses to listen to other people's opinions without starting an argument or flame war.

Goku (and all 4th party characters): Sakurai has stated that this is a fighting game for VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS. Characters from anime, TV shows, movies, memes, books, and other forms of media currently do not belong in Smash. This is why he allowed Mii characters in Smash in the first place: so you, and your favorite characters can all join the fight in some form. I stand by this rule because I have respect for Sakurai.

(If this rule was dropped by Sakurai however, I would love to see Steve Harvey, SpongeBob, and Xenomorph.)

Snip and Clip: Zero moveset potential and comes from a game that gives off a stupid/overly silly vibe similar to Freakyforms... no thanks. Also they function by cutting each other into pieces. That's pleasant.

Rabbids: Extremely annoying, and they would steal a much more deserved character slot from Rayman.

Baldi: OK, SERIOUSLY??? This isn't even a game in my opinion, rather a big, fat, ugly, mutated, pus filled, steaming pile of **** called a "game" that should never get representation in Smash. (That was a bit harsh... I apologize for the rant.)

Jonesy (Fortnite): OK, I do play Fortnite a lot, and I love the game, but what would this character's inclusion symbolize outside of being a dancing meme with guns? The moveset potential is there, but I feel like if this character got in, it would solely be for the horrendously toxic fanbase's demand... or the money. Same with Sans. It only takes about 2-3 games to run into a full group of screaming kids who rage and spout racial slurs every few seconds. (This is why I only play Fortnite with friends and family.) I'd be cool with an AT, item, or stage though.

Freddi Fish: I didn't even think about this character until someone in RTC brought it up, and then I realized how stupid and horrible of an inclusion she would really be. This character is from a game of the same name that is rated eC: Early Childhood, by the ESRB. That says it all. Freddi Fish is a game designed for small children for the sake of educational purposes. I played this game when I was three years old, and never played it again after that. We don't need characters designed for three year olds in Smash.

Insert Fire Emblem Swordfighter Here: It shouldn't be this way, but Fire Emblem representation in this game is horrible. Every single character wields a sword, all but one have counter as a down special, and 4 out of the 7 have Dancing Blade as a side special. That is awful, considering the FE games have so much diversity in fighter classes and weaponry. It's like Pokémon having mostly all fire types. We have 5 lords, a mage, and a manakete. Why can't we have an axe wielder, a pegasus knight, a dancer, an archer, a pirate, and more? There's so many different classes to choose, and barely any of them are being used whatsoever, with only one of the 3 weapons in the triangle being represented. (Unless you count Corrin's Dragon Fang) It makes me not want any more Fire Emblem characters, unless they carry something completely new and original to the FE cast in Smash. Pokémon has a ton of characters too, but at least they're all unique and have tons of special moves to use.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Erdrick -I am not really a big fan of Dragon Quest. Nothing about him sounds remotely fun from what I've heard. If there is a DQ rep I would prefer Slime.
Banjo and Kazooie- I am not really fond of their series and I don't like their design as much.
Steve- Same reason as Banjo and Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot- Same reason as Steve and BnK.
Scorpion/Sub Zero- Mortal Kombat is my least favourite fighting game so I don't want to see a MK rep in Smash.
Mishima Kazuya- He is one of my least favourite characters in fighting games.
Adachi Tohru- He is my most hated Persona character so I would rather not see him in Smash.
Sakuraba Neku- Least favourite character in The World Ends With You
Any Starter Pokemon- There is already a bunch of starters and would rather see more Mythicals/Legendaries.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Why the **** is everyone saying Jynx, as if that was even a possibility to begin with?

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
I probably posted here already, but to reiterate characters I ESPECIALLY DON'T WANT:

-Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
-Doomguy (Doom)
-Dovahkiin/Dragonborn (Skyrim)
-Fortnite Character
-Heihachi (Tekken)
-Pokémon (we have enough of them)
-Rayman
-Sans (Undertale)
-Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
-Shovel Knight
-Steve (Minecraft)

Adachi Tohru- He is my most hated Persona character so I would rather not see him in Smash.
Fun fact, today's his birthday. :p

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Why the **** is everyone saying Jynx, as if that was even a possibility to begin with?
I was just updating my previous list that already had her on there. I was the first to mention Jynx before everyone else jumped on that train. Roblox Kid, Baldi, and Freddi Fish are also extremely unlikely but are still on my list because I wouldn't want them.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
- Any 3rd party character from an already represented franchise
- Goku and all non video game characters. Especially Goku. I can’t stress that enough.
- Doomguy - I acknowledge Doom’s significance to gaming but no thank you.
- Minecraft anything, please no. Please.
- Crash Bandicoot - back in the day he was the enemy in the console wars kinda way
- More fire emblem characters
- More Mario characters (at the moment)(smash6 is fair game)
- More Pokémon (see above, Smash6 is fair game)
- Geno (everyone just loves this random side character so much for no reason)(I’ll admit I’m petty here)

I’m sure I have more

Last edited:

Dr.Might

Smash Rookie
Buzz from Earthbound, any USA president, Skrillex (Believe it or not he was in Wreck it Ralph), Navi, and any more fire emblem characters (I guess if they did the second wave of DLC in the future I would be okay with it but I don't want anymore until way later)

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
The Joker From Persona (He Would Be Nothing More Than A Lousy Bayonetta Echo/Clone)

Fedrick From Dragon Quest (He Would be nothing more than a awful Simon Belmont/Marth echo, He isn't iconic enough, and we don't need anymore anime DeviantArt Fan Drawing swordsmen in the freaking game)!

Steve From Minecraft (Would a terrible Villager echo, comes from an indie series and two indie v.g series reps aren't playable, and has nothing interesting about him)!

More Fire Emblem, Mario, And Pokemon (Give Other series some love for heaven's awesome sake)!

Another Boring/Generic/Uninteresting mook enemy that's a clone of three different fighters (The choice to include such a thing as DLC is one of the worst thing's Nintendo could ever have done to begin!

Need I say more (Just really wish that the top three I mentioned weren't coming to Ultimate as 15 Dollar DLC)!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post.
The Joker From Persona (He Would Be Nothing More Than A Lousy Bayonetta Echo/Clone)

Fedrick From Dragon Quest (He Would be nothing more than a awful Simon Belmont/Marth echo, He isn't iconic enough, and we don't need anymore anime DeviantArt Fan Drawing swordsmen in the freaking game)!

Steve From Minecraft (Would a terrible Villager echo, comes from an indie series and two indie v.g series reps aren't playable, and has nothing interesting about him)!

More Fire Emblem, Mario, And Pokemon (Give Other series some love for heaven's awesome sake)!

Another Boring/Generic/Uninteresting mook enemy that's a clone of three different fighters (The choice to include such a thing as DLC is one of the worst thing's Nintendo could ever have done to begin!

Need I say more (Just really wish that the top three I mentioned weren't coming to Ultimate as 15 Dollar DLC)!
Are you capable of intelligent thought?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979

Joker has a massive amount of moveset potential, so automatically claiming he will be a Bayonetta clone shows a lot of ignorance. Also claiming that Erdrick and Steve will automatically be Simon/Marth and Villager echoes really shows you don't know what you're talking about. Also Erdrick and Steve aren't even confirmed like you claimed. Only Joker is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom