• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters you DON'T want in smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know guys...

Feel free to have opinions, but for the love of god, try to back them up so that it doesn’t just come across as you saying random things about what matters and what doesn’t matter.

That is all.

ZelDan

Smash Master
ANY NON VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS OR CHARACTERS THAT DIDN'T START OUT AS VIDEO GAMES = I don' think I need to explain this one, so, moving on...

REGULAR TOAD = This choice would just be so...boring. Normal Toad has never really stood out to me, and the fact that there have been so many Toads as NPCs or side characters just makes normal toads generic feeling. If any Toad should be playable, it should be Captain Toad, since atleast he's more distinctive and had his own game (and one that is getting ported to the Switch).

SKULL KID/MAJORA's MASK = I absolutely love Majora's Mask; it's my favorite Zelda and probably my second favorite game of all time behind Chrono Trigger. That said, Skull Kid just never seemed like a good pick for Smash. Skull Kid himself wasn't in control of himself throughout Majora's Mask, and the mask itself didn't really get the spotlight to itself until the very end of the game.

SORA = The fact that I haven't played Kingdom Hearts already makes me not interested in his inclusion, but on top of that he just doesn't have the star power of most other third parties in Smash, nor does he really bring anything to Smash as a third party character in terms of being the face of a genre and whatnot.

SANS = It seems like alot of people make a big deal about Sans being Smash just because Undertale is coming to Switch, but that announcement came way too late as far as Smash Ultimate is concerned; that and the fact Undertale went to Sony first before NIntendo doesn't really help things. That and having a game come to the Switch doesn't really work very well as a reason for being in smash when there have been alot of third parties and indies getting onto the Switch. If any indies make it into Smash, it should be Shovel Knight or Shantae. Shantae atleast has a history and multiple games to her name, Shovel KNight has been making waves in the indie scene more than most other indies and has stayed relevant to this day tahnks to DLC, and both Shantae and Shovel KNight have had closer ties to NIntendo than most indies.

RABBIDS = I never have and probably never will like the Rabbids; they just seem obnoxious. Now I understand that Mario + Rabbids ended up being a big thing for Nintendo and that it did very well on the Switch, so I could understand and accept if it maybe got a trophy or something. I could even maybe stomach an assist trophy; I'm like to play more competitively so I probably wouldn't seem them much anyways. But playable character?

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Little Mac had Punch Out on Wii, which was likely fresh on Sakurai’s mind during the project plan and since he was a huge request overseas, it was a perfect fit. Duck Hunt was chosen to represent retro gaming and since Sakurai saw how big of an impact it made during the NES era, he went with Duck Hunt. Wolf had Star Fox Assult and Command and Zero Suit has Zero Mission, which is likely why they were chosen.
Sakurai made playable character to Little Mac because it is popular in the US. About wolf, I'm sure he wanted to put a villain of starfox but andross was very big, about zero suit samus I think it was more of a whim, at that time the saga "prime" were more important than zero mission.

at the end of the day, I am sure sakurai will select characters on a whim for ultimate (corrin, robin, lucina, dark pit ....)

K. Rool, Isaac, and Bandana Dee are not icons. They are popular characters sure but not icons. Heck, 90% of the current cast aren't icons. As much as I love Golden Sun, and I love it very much, it's not important to gaming history. It's a great RPG and Isaac should be in Smash but it's just another in a long line of great games out there. K Rool and Isaac (possibly) are more popular than Bandana Dee but none of them are very important to gaming as a whole.
Yes, I think I was wrong in saying icons, it was better to say most outstanding in the history of video games..

Last edited:

Standlord

Smash Cadet
I would hate to see Incineroar, Tingle or Minecraft Steve, especially the last two. I think that's it, aside from the obvious stuff: any anime, meme or not important enough character (like King Boo, Goomba, or stuff like that). Probably I wouldn't be too pleased with Sans either, but not on the same level as the others. At least he would come with good songs (I don't think he has any chances anyways). I would also be a little mad if we got Rabbits but not Rayman (and if we have them, they better be fun to play).

Edit: Oh I would hate Sukapon, but he is an AT luckily (for me).

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sakurai made playable character to Little Mac because it is popular in the US.
But he was also relevant because of Punch Out Wii as I mentioned.
About wolf, I'm sure he wanted to put a villain of starfox but andross was very big,
Pretty sure it was because they wanted to add another Star Fox character, but Krystal wasn’t possible with their resources which is why they started development on Wolf. Not because of them needing to ‘rep’ villains.
about zero suit samus I think it was more of a whim, at that time the saga "prime" were more important than zero mission.
Pretty sure it was to have a character tied to the Final Smash mechanic, as well as showcasing Samus without her Power Suit.
at the end of the day, I am sure sakurai will select characters on a whim for ultimate (corrin, robin, lucina, dark pit ....)
I highly disagree, I think Sakurai is looking at the Smash Ballot for character inclusions and the roster will reflect that and be based off suggestions they got.
Yes, I think I was wrong in saying icons, it was better to say most outstanding in the history of video games..
That’s basically the same thing... I think you’re missing what I’m trying to say, Isaac’s series hasn’t done that extravagant in terms of sales, his series is extremely niche in all parts of the world and his last game did so poorly that there hasn’t been another installment in almost a decade. I like Isaac, don’t get me wrong, but I think it’s time for us to move on from him.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Dixie Kong and any of the Gen 7 starters (with Decidueye being least worst). Western 3rd party characters that aren't Banjo & Kazooie.

Can't especially explain why, but something deep down tells me they really ought to not be playable.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
That’s basically the same thing... I think you’re missing what I’m trying to say, Isaac’s series hasn’t done that well literally ever in terms of sales, his series is extremely niche in all parts of the world and his last game did so poorly that there hasn’t been another installment in almost a decade. I like Isaac, don’t get me wrong, but I think it’s time for us to move on from him.
That's actually false very false in fact. Golden Sun and 2 both sold over a million units. They sold extremely well especially for a handheld title without Mario in the name. DD did underperform but they never said it failed so all we know is it likely didn't break a million. Still a series with between 2-3 million in sales is pretty good and makes Golden Sun one of the biggest series Nintendo has without a character.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's actually false very false in fact. Golden Sun and 2 both sold over a million units. They sold extremely well especially for a handheld title without Mario in the name. DD did underperform but they never said it failed so all we know is it likely didn't break a million. Still a series with between 2-3 million in sales is pretty good and makes Golden Sun one of the biggest series Nintendo has without a character.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear but what I was trying to say was that for a series he’s trying to make out as a monument, it hasn’t done as well as many other series that could fill that role. Also I never said Dark Dawn was a flop just that it didn’t do too well and there’s hasn’t been another installment since.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Sorry if I wasn’t clear but what I was trying to say was that for a series he’s trying to make out as a monument, it hasn’t done as well as many other series that could fill that role. Also, I never said Dark Dawn was a flop just that it didn’t do too well and there’s hasn’t been another installment since.
"I think you’re missing what I’m trying to say, Isaac’s series hasn’t done that well literally ever in terms of sales,"
Yeah sorry, mate just from this line alone it made it sound like you thought Golden Sun hasn't sold well when the opposite is true.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
"I think you’re missing what I’m trying to say, Isaac’s series hasn’t done that well literally ever in terms of sales,"
Yeah sorry, mate just from this line alone it made it sound like you thought Golden Sun hasn't sold well when the opposite is true.
It's sold decent, but let's not act like its sales are particularly noteworthy either. What is noteworthy is it's always sold better in the States which tends to not bode well for a series.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah apologies for how that sounded, I wanted to express that it hasn’t done THAT well, but I also wanted to be upfront about it.

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
That’s basically the same thing... I think you’re missing what I’m trying to say, Isaac’s series hasn’t done that well literally ever in terms of sales, his series is extremely niche in all parts of the world and his last game did so poorly that there hasn’t been another installment in almost a decade. I like Isaac, don’t get me wrong, but I think it’s time for us to move on from him.
Isaac was just an example of "popular" characters, because isaac is a character loved by the players of the RPG of any console, on the contrary Bandana Dee is only a character known to people who played Kirby.

I did not know about their existence until people started spamming things for him to smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Isaac was just an example of "popular" characters, because isaac is a character loved by the players of the RPG of any console, on the contrary Bandana Dee is only a character known to people who played Kirby.

I did not know about their existence until people started spamming things for him to smash 4.
Isaac is known to maybe half the RPG players around the world. His series is niche and hasn't had a game in decade. I definitely wouldn't have known about his existence if he wasn't so highly requested for Smash.
Bandana Dee may only be known to people who played Kirby, but given the franchise's sales it's probably a lot more than you think.
I recall you saying something like "Sometimes it bugs me that people are not being objective". Re-read the post I'm quoting right now and then come back and tell me who's not being "objective" here.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I mean okay Golden Sun I admit is a GBA hidden gem, but I wouldn't consider it a mainstream RPG franchise like Final Fantasy or Tales Of. Bandana Dee may only be known to a certain majority, but by comparison Isaac is only known to Nintendo fans, and I only found out about him because of his Assist in Brawl.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It's sold decent, but let's not act like its sales are particularly noteworthy either. What is noteworthy is it's always sold better in the States which tends to not bode well for a series.
Decent? A new franchise immediately getting over a million sales and doing it twice is actually pretty great. Decent is barely above half a million.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Decent? A new franchise immediately getting over a million sales and doing it twice is actually pretty great. Decent is barely above half a million.
To my knowledge it got over 1 million one time not 2. Regardless yes that's decent. If were gonna draw an imaginary line in the sand 1 million gets you noticed but you aren't making waves, especially in a genre like RPG were good ones pull big numbers.

Anyway I dont even know what we're trying to debate here. Is it that Golden Sun is a big name or not, I'd call it a middle tier franchise that's starting to become irrelevant due to the franchise not doing anything in pretty much a decade. I say this as an Isaac supporter, I wouldn't bank on him making it in due to franchise importance.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
To my knowledge it got over 1 million one time not 2. Regardless yes that's decent. If were gonna draw an imaginary line in the sand 1 million gets you noticed but you aren't making waves, especially in a genre like RPG were good ones pull big numbers.

Anyway I dont even know what we're trying to debate here. Is it that Golden Sun is a big name or not, I'd call it a middle tier franchise that's starting to become irrelevant due to the franchise not doing anything in pretty much a decade. I say this as an Isaac supporter, I wouldn't bank on him making it in due to franchise importance.
Actually most RPGs would kill for million units. Unless Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, Pokemon, or Mario is in your RPG title is rare to see above a million units sold. Especially in the handheld market where it's even harder to get massive RPG sales. And yes both Golden Sun 1 and 2 broke a million units the only one that didn't was DD the third game. I'm not saying his games were land mark sellers just that sold pretty well. Better than most new IPs ever do.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Tiny Ridley...oh

uhm, Arms character, but im sure we'll get one.

ferioku

Smash Ace

Just remember, fire emblem wasn't popular until Sakurai brought Marth and Roy into Smash, the same can be done for multiple franchises but really it is up to Sakurai...

Duck Hunt and other franchises were also dead so what's stopping him from being playable?

The only thing lacking is popularity, even though he has a large fanbase. Other than that he has multiple moveset options, doesn't even need a sword and we don't even need Isaac as a character, we have Felix and Mathew

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I am of the opinion that obscurity, irrelevance, and overall niche popularity all dissipates the moment they are made a Smash character.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Just remember, fire emblem wasn't popular until Sakurai brought Marth and Roy into Smash, the same can be done for multiple franchises but really it is up to Sakurai...

Duck Hunt and other franchises were also dead so what's stopping him from being playable?

The only thing lacking is popularity, even though he has a large fanbase. Other than that he has multiple moveset options, doesn't even need a sword and we don't even need Isaac as a character, we have Felix and Mathew
Actually Fire Emblem still wasn't popular. It did modestly, less than Golden Sun, but then Ike's games came bombed hard they stopped porting to the West and the series almost died. It wasn't till Awakening the series actually became a hit.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Actually Fire Emblem still wasn't popular. It did modestly, less than Golden Sun, but then Ike's games came bombed hard they stopped porting to the West and the series almost died. It wasn't till Awakening the series actually became a hit.
I'm going to ask where you got these sales figures from.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only game that didn't get ported to the West post FE7 was FE12.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm going to ask where you got these sales figures from.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only game that didn't get ported to the West post FE7 was FE12.
Whoops it was I thought Shadow Dragon also didn't come over but I forgot it did was all.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Idk what your point is. I'm not arguing he's a bad character or anything, I just said his franchise isn't really a big deal for Nintendo, and I wouldn't rely on sales numbers to justify his addition. I agree he's a good character, even if he turned out just like he did in SSF2 I'd be very happy.

Anyway it's also kinda clear Sakurai is a massive FE fanboy, but even then I'm pretty certain it had quite a few releases beforehand. Bias does come into play, marketing does as well, FE had both things going for it at the time. Duck Hunt is also one of Nintendo's most recognizable games tbh. A lot of people know the "Laughing dog". Wouldnt really use him as an excuse for others to make it in.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I would rather read about who people don't want in Smash than debates about sales numbers.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dishonorable mention goes to K. Rool, I didn't include him in my initial list because I don't actively not want him, I've just lost a lot of interest because ironically did a better job not convincing me than they did convincing me. If he gets in I won't be mad, I'm just not as interested as previously.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I don't want Ninten because he's 99.9999% identical to Ness anyway.
I don't want Balloon Fighter or Excite Biker because I feel they're too much one trick ponies.
I don't want Isabella because I don't feel she's really a fighter.
I don't want Ken from Street Fighter because that seems to me like the most wasted use of a echo fighter you could have.
I don't want any character that gets included just to have an Echo character. Dr. Luigi, Armor Mewtwo, Jeanne from Bayonetta, Ken who I already mentioned ...
I don't want any more Fire Emblem characters because the series already has too many.
I don't want Isaac because I've never played his game and he looks too much like a Fire Emblem character.
I don't want Geno because I really don't even see why people make sure a huge deal about him. he was a supporting character in an old spinoff game and Mallow was much more interesting anyway.
I don't want Birdo because that's always felt like Nintendo was trying to force people into carring about a minor enemy.
I don't want Captain Toad because to me that feels like having Racoon Mario as playable without having regular Mario there.
I don't want Knuckles to be playable before Tails because that strikes me like having Yoshi as playable before Luigi.
I don't want Shadow the Hedgehog to be playable and I don't know whether it would be funnier to dismiss him as Edgy the Edgehog or Original the Character and that bothers me.
I don't want Dark Pit to be playable but he's already here so I'm not going to tell him to leave.
I don't want Dark Samus to be playable. You may have noticed a pattern by now.
I didn't want Ridley to be playable, because he's always struck me as less of a character than an obstacle, but again, he's here.
I don't want Karnov to be playable because ... really? An overweight ethnic sterotype with a funny mustache that shoots fireballs at people? WHo'd ever want to play as that?
I don't want Lester the Unlikely playable and neither does anybody else.
I don't want any of the current Gen Pokemon playbale because they just don't strike me as interesting.
I don't want Goku playable because even if they were to include anime characters in Smash, he just really doesn't feel like he fits in. Sailor Moon would be okay though.
I don't want Sans playable because I just don't like him.
I don't want Waluigi playable because he's less of a character and more of a joke or an internet meme.
I don't want Steve from Minecraft to be playable because I just don't like Minecraft.
I don't want Adon and Samson from Cho Aniki playable because ... actually I do, just to see people's reaction when they're announced.
I lied about Karnov earlier too. I just wanted to make that joke.
I don't want anyone from Tekken, Soul Calibur, or Dead or Alive playbale before we get a King of Fighters rep. I think they've earned it more. (Ryu Hayabusa doesn't count as being from Dead or alive. He's from Ninja Gaiden. He can be included.)
I don't want Reggie Fils-Aime playable and honestly nobody does, they just thought that joke was funny for a few minutes.
I don't want Bandana Dee as playable because he just doesn't excite me as a character.
I don't want DOOM guy playable because he really strikes me as going against the image of everything Nintendo is.
I don't want any Kong other than Junior or Cranky playable. Those are the only two good ones.
I don't want any Final Fantasy character past 7 to be playable because that was the last really good game in the series. (Okay, 9 was good too but that was an intentional throwback.)
I don't want Rabbids playable because they're annoying.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
[I don't want Lester the Unlikely playable and neither does anybody else.
I laughed so hard at this, mainly because I looked him up before I read the rest, thought "who the **** is asking for this" and then saw the rest. Well done.

Mini direct on July 16th. It's pointed out that the crappy leak with the 11 random hints suggested this was going to happen. In honor of that, my possible inevitable disappointment:

-Ponytail more than likely Dixie. Absolutely love Dixie, but I would hate it if she was an echo. Also could be Shantae. She'd be neat, but idk never was big on her.

-Prime Rib assumed to be Dark Samus. Just like Dixie, I like the character, but don't want them to be dumbed down. Thumbs up if semi clone to original design, thumbs down if echo.

-Old Man many are suggesting Heihachi. This one I hate, and it's complete bias but please no, I hate how he looks, hate stupid fighting game exclusive characters just please stop forcing "icons" in. don't care that Namco is working on the game, they don't need a reward, their reward is getting paid to do it. Please be Cranky Kong, Toadsworth, or Cap'n Cuddlefish or just anything else. ****

-Warrior people are assuming Belmont. I'm just not a fan. He's ok tho, I'll probably come around after seeing him in action, but I'm still salty as **** Bomberman's an AT, and then this guy's playable? NaCl. Not cool Sakurai. Not sure who else it could be, Takamaru felt right but he's an AT. Maybe a FE or LoZ warrior? Impa?

-Folklore assumed to be Amaterasu. She's cool but I don't get it. There's plenty of 3rd parties I'd expect first even from Capcom. Phoenix Wright for example has a strong Nintendo history and always seemed much more popular. Seems like a forced choice because of the upcoming port. Just don't like additions that only happen because of marketing.

-The rest is King, Archer, Secretary, Mech, Rhythm, and Doll. They seem pretty straightforward, and I'd be cool with all of them tbh. Well Mech is kinda confusing, but idc if it's Elma, Ray, or the new Daemon Ex Machina stuff that looks pretty cool. I'm a sucker for Mechs.

Not expecting for anyone to agree with me here, but tis the thread.

Last edited:

Jrvinn_

Smash Rookie
To be fair I still not yet played DK games in general, but I think K. Rool does not fit in smash even he have a big fanbase. I think the character design especially with that red eye just ruin the smash vibes in every fighter, I just don't think that hes a good fit. don heit mi ples

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
You know I don't think we need anymore Gen1 pokemon. With Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo, Charizard, Ivysaur, and squirtle I think that represents the first generation quite enough. Now that being said I've only played Gens 1 and 2 and I love gengar, hitmonlee, and marowak but I'm fine with what we have.

I would still put a first gen pokemon over many of the 3rd parties being requested in this forum.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I'm usually just uninterested in characters I don't care for being in the game, but I would actually be against Shadow as an echo of Sonic and Dixie Kong as an echo of Diddy Kong. Both are characters that I actually enjoy because of their unique abilities, and I would hate to see them thrown in as echo fighters just because it would be an easy addition.
And Paper Mario with Sticker Star/Color Splash influences would just take his identity further away from his roots and represent him in a way I really dislike. Those would actually be bad inclusions in my opinion.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm usually just uninterested in characters I don't care for being in the game, but I would actually be against Shadow as an echo of Sonic and Dixie Kong as an echo of Diddy Kong. Both are characters that I actually enjoy because of their unique abilities, and I would hate to see them thrown in as echo fighters just because it would be an easy addition.
And Paper Mario with Sticker Star/Color Splash influences would just take his identity further away from his roots and represent him in a way I really dislike. Those would actually be bad inclusions in my opinion.
I like posts like this that specify that their aversion comes with a condition and isn't just a flat out "I don't like this thing."

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Okay after delving deeper and thinking hard on some of the characters into some of the fan favorite picks I've found there are a few I don't want in. now thing with me is I don't usually get mad when a character I'm not rooting for gets in. because at least that character is probably someone else's dream and I'll be glad they get to be happy.

Captain Toad/Toad: I realized that Mario characters in general get a lot more push then other series characters to an extent. I think because mario as a franchise is so successful and well known that even it's minor characters are more well known some series main characters. and thus people think that characters like Toad, Waluigi, and Daisy are more deserving even though they are still only minor characters. Daisy works as an echo for me because it's an easy addition.
but as his own character Toad just sounds boring to me. we have so many options out there for unique and interesting movesets. forcing Toad in just because of his popularity feels like a waste. I think him having a more prominent place in Peach's moveset is the best way to go for him in smash.

Ashley: I don't think she stands out as anything really unique and interesting in concept. She seem's to just be a generic witch character, and we already have a far more interesting witch in Bayonetta. also as far as I know she isn't really even a playable character in her games. wario ware is about micro games. the characters in the game are just the people making them. and all I've seen for movesets for her are just people making a generic mage moveset that doesn't even tie in well with the game she comes from. and honestly I think a stage is far better at showing of the micro game silliness of the games then a actual playable character.

Bandana Dee: I'm sorry having a spear is not enough for me. I know he is basically the permanent player 4 of kirby games now, and that almost made me put him in the realm of acceptable choices. but at the end of the day I don't think having a spear is enough to make a truly stand out moveset. I feel the competition he has to deal with in the whole of requested smash characters just far exceed him in design.

Rhythm Heaven Character: There is one major problem I have with Karate Joe, Chorus Kids, or anyone one else from this series. their games are all about doing your actions to the beat of the music. HOW will you actually make that work in smash?! Do you have to know every single song and their beats in order to play them right? do they come with their own music thus ruining the music of any stage whenever any one picks them? or do you just forget the music thus losing the one thing that is core to their being?

Heihachi: With Ryu in the game I don't see their being a place for Heihachi. he doesn't even have fireballs or anything. plus Tekken is a 3D fighter and thus heichaci was designed to work in a 3D environment so I don't think he will be able to transfer over into any interesting way.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi: I love this guy, and I want to see him in the future, but with how his deconfirmation was received recently, I don't think we deserve the likes of him for a good while yet. It might just be because I'm so sick and tired of people bringing him up like: "where's my boy Waluigi, Sakurai???" every time I see a Smash newspost. Overexpository effect perhaps?

Steve: I know Nintendo and Microsoft are kinda buddybuddy atm, and I'm sure they could implement an enjoyable fighting style for him, but I'll be honest, Steve and Minecraft represent a timeperiod in gaming that I've actively despised and still do; the ongoing barrage of early access products sold for full price, with unintuitive multiplayer options at launch, lacking any real game in terms of what you initially pay for, and a domino effect of popularity because some popular dude likes it. This might as well also be the Five Nights at Freddy's section of my post tbh. And that aside, if Steve ends up being animated like those godawful looking characters in the Telltale game, I will flavorize my nostrils twice over.

Snake: Look, I do like Snake a lot, both within Brawl and as a character, but he was the last one I'd expect to return ever since Konami went ahead and got hyperantagonistic towards the entire industry and their fanbases. It must've been a miracle for Sakurai to get permission to add him into the game, and for that I applaud him, but seeing Snake's icon being altered to deny his Kojima-related legacy is a grim reminder every time I'll see him in the game. It's a bittersweet inclusion for me due to that.

Bandana Dee: I'll be honest, I find Waddle Dee to be adorable and a lot of other things, but if it was up to me, we're fine in the Kirby protagonist department now. He's kind of like the Toad throwaway multiplayer character for me, albeit more charming, but I just don't see much importance in his legacy to overhaul other choices like Marx, Dark Matter, Magolor even... I just kinda see better options than him, and that's what really makes me want to not see him. Oh, and for good measure, please never do a Dark Meta Knight echo fighter. We really don't need that imo.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'd accept these characters if they're included, but they wouldn't make me very happy...

Sora: I believe because the character inherently contains non-game originated content (his keyblade has a Mickey Mouse logo for a keychain...), that he'd be a slippery slope to non-game originated characters... and I don't want that. Sure, he's a cool character, and he's from a monumentally popular franchise... But it is Disney, and that's a minefield I don't want Smash to trespass on.

Geno: I'm not really a fan of irrelevant side characters that aren't very important. It made me nervous hearing that Sakurai wanted him. A better representative of the Mario RPG side series would be Paper Mario himself, not a character that only appeared once, and wasn't even very important in the grand scheme of things... just popular and cool.

Another Fire Emblem character: We have enough, let's wait until after the next Fire Emblem game to come out to get another, maybe as DLC. Right now, we have plenty, and not enough variety among them either.

Ashley: I like this character well enough, and I can't say I wouldn't be at least a little bit happy to see her, I do want to see more Wario Ware reps after all... but, she's not very important to the Wario Ware series. She's about as important as any other side character. And the problem there is... why her? Why not Jimmy T? Mona? 9-Volt? They're all equally important, so I'd say the same for any of them too, really. But that's sort of the problem. If this character doesn't do enough in a game to stand out among the crowd, I don't feel like she'd be important enough to be playable. She's just... popular. Sure, popular within Nintendo as well as with fans, so I guess it'd make enough sense to include her. I just wish she was more deserving of a character to get in.

Crash Bandicoot: I just don't think Crash is a gaming icon, or a Nintendo one... Just, well, he's not big enough. Heck, Rayman barely is, but I'd understand him getting in because of Nintendo and Ubisoft's relationship... But Crash? He's a Sony icon, but I'd argue he isn't a gaming icon, he never reached the levels of Sonic, and compared to other characters like Banjo-Kazooie, he was never a Nintendo icon either like they were. I just don't see what good he'd do on the Smash roster. Metal Gear and Final Fantasy are both bigger gaming franchises worthy of characters in Smash, but Crash just ain't on that level in my opinion.

Shadow the Hedgehog: eeuugghhh.... I know he'd just be an Echo, and that'd be an easier pill to swallow, but... eughghh... This character is almost as bad as Dark Pit, but at least Dark Pit is Nintendo. I'd much prefer Tails, at least he comes from a better generation of Sonic games.

Bandana Waddle Dee: What the guy above me said. He's just a Toad/Goomba with a hat. He was a desperate attempt to add a fourth player in RTDL, because, the truth of the matter is, the Kirby series only has three consistent and iconic main characters. Waddle Dee is just the extra they had to scoop up for gameplay purposes... he doesn't matter nearly as much as the other three, and in my opinion, nowhere near enough to deserve a playable role in Smash. He's not a hall of famer.

Last edited:

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
I have a lot of characters that I don’t want in smash but I’m just gonna be quick and dump them all out

Simon Belmont: For some reason, as a very big Nintendo fan, I had no idea the guy existed. But after I looked into him a little bit, I don’t really think he would be a good smash characters. If you want a new character who represents his own series, choose Chibi-Robo.

Waluigi: I just don’t get why people want him, even before the memes.

Rhythm Heaven Rep/ Chorus Kids: 3 singing kids who have no literal moves but singing in sync as a character in smash just is a no for me. Also, all other rhythm characters just don’t have enough moves or characteristics for me.

Octolings: I prefer to not have a brand new echo fighter for a brand new character.

Shadow: He doesn’t seem to be a good echo for Sonic, since the different special moves they have, and him not being an echo fighter but just a normal one would be confusing to me. If you were in this case, pick Tails over Shadow as a new Sonic character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom