• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
First off, I apologize for the god-like sized post. It took pratically almost an hour to write and edit. So, don't blame me if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes, please.*sigh*
Oh, and please don't flame me over the whole Ridley issue. This is more of a wishlist than anything. I'm also aware that not this many characters will ever be able to be included. :laugh:
Also, every character having unique movesets doesn't bother me too much. I just like there being loads of characters.

OUT:
None; the more the merrier! Oh, but I'm a little wary regarding Snake. I'm debating whether he shoud've been placed in a Nintendo collaboration game. (And before you mention Sonic, him and Nintendo have had a lot of history together, and is therefore exceptable in my eyes.)
And Toon Link should of been cel-shaded, without a doubt.

IN:
Tom Nook - Animal Crossing - He was one of the most anticipated characters before Brawl's release, and I pretty much expected it to happen. His attacks could all be item-related or something. Would of been lovely to see the little raccoon in Brawl.
Sora- Kingdom Hearts - It was, for a short while, a speculation that Sora may have a possible entry in Brawl, considering his apperance on the GBA game, 'Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories' and its upcoming DS game. I adore Kingdom Hearts, but I'm a little wary myself about my decision to have Sora in the game. It may of spoilt the collaboration of Nintendo a little more than Snake did if he were included.
Ridley - Metroid - Despite that being a difficult character to include, what with balance issues, he would of been an interesting character to see in Brawl.
Tetra - Zelda: Windwaker - A cel-shaded Tetra to go along with a cel-shaded Link would of been a lovely addition. She could transform into Toon Zelda. Tetra would be inevitably very different than Sheik.
Shy Guy - Mario Bros. - Not a suggestion seen very often, I suppose. However, you've just gotta' love this little guy! It would of been intriguing to see him in Brawl as a playable character.
Tails - Sonic the Hedgehog - Both Tails and Knuckles could of been included, seeing as they are both more awesome than Sonic, in my own opinion. However, this may of given too much of a Sega outbreak in the game.
Minun/Plusle - Poke'mon - Two characters that would of suited the game well, despite their obvious simmilarities to Pikachu. They could of been a duo, like that of the Ice-Climbers.
Mewtwo and Dr. Mario - Poke'mon and Mario Bros., respectively - As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. It gives players more options to choose from and make's the game a whole lot larger. These two should never have been taken off of the character listing.
Another F-Zero character - F-ZERO - With the majority of characters not being on their own regarding their origins, there should of been another F-ZERO character in the Brawl to accompany Falcon.
Banjo Kazooie - Banjo Kazooie - A classic Nintendo character in my eyes that one day must enter the series. Naturally, that'll be difficult concerning legal issues...
Master Hand - Kirby - He's been in the series as a boss for a long time now, and I think that now would of been a good time to include him as a playable character.
Primid - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - After playing through the Subspace Emissary, I realised that a Primid should of been made as an unlockable character.
Koopa/Goomba - Mario Bros. - Two classic Mario enemies who could of formed a duo for a playable character. Could of even given Toad a bigger role, too.
Excitebike - Excite-Bike - Yes, it may of been difficult to pull off, but I think it may of worked if it were done with caution.
Phoenix Wright - Phoenix Wright: AA - Due to his recent successful franchise, it would seem that he could of been a possibility for this game. However, as far as his attacks go, I'm uncertain as to what could of been done...
Andross - Star Fox - YES, PLEASE.
Mii - Mii Channel - Seriously, I expected this to be a playable character. It would definitely of added a new experience to the game.
Baby Mario/Luigi/Peach - Mario Bros. - Could of been a trio of some sort where you switch between the three, like that of PT.
Wolf-Link & Midna - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Despite already having two variable of Link characters, this duo would of been a lovely inclusion for Brawl.
King Boo - Mario Bros. - Various bosses from Mario games should have been playable, such as King Boo and Petey Pirahna.
Zora/Deku/Goron/Korok/Minish/Rito/Skull-Kid - Zelda - Any or all of these reoccuring Zelda species could of been included into the game as playable character. Though I'm not quite sure how a seven-in-one character would work, it could be two seperate trios: Zora/Korok/Skull-Kid as one character and Goron/Rito/Deku as another.
Louie - Pikmin - Only one playable Pikmin character was included. Despite Louie and Olimar being almost identical, they could split the species of Pikmin between the two, meaning each of the two characters have different abilities. Actually, now that I think about it, that would of worked darn well.
Bowser Jr./Donkey Kong Jr. - Mario Bros/Donkey Kong - A popular choice, it would seem, and one that would work pretty well for Bowser Jr. This could be pulled off without him marking hardly any resemblances to Bowser. As for Donkey Kong Jr. I'm not really sure, it just seemed like a good character to add in.
King K. Rool - Donkey Kong - One of the most awesome Nintendo villains is King K. Rool. Seeing as that Mario's villain, Boswer, and Kirby's, King Dedede, have both already been put in, I think King K. Rool should see the light of day, too.
Balloon Fighter - Balloon Fight - This classic character would not of been too hard to include, whether he was put in pixellated or not.
Chibi-Robo - Chibi-Robo - Almost forgot about this little dude until I read other users' suggestions. This guy is one classic, under-rated Nintendo character. He's a Smash Bros. must in my opinion.
Stafy - Denstukstu no Stafy - Stafy should of been a playable character in Brawl, according to his apparent popularity in Japan. Could of had a unique moveset, too.
Ray 01 - Custom Robo - I don't know much about this series, but Ray 01 is apparentely another Nintendo franchise popular in Japan. A Custom Robo character would be very unique for the next game.
K.K Slider - Animal Crossing - If Nook would've been a playable character, he'd need a partner. I don't see anyone else but KK to be that very character. A unique moveset could of easily been established due to his guitar-playing skills.
Elite Beat Agents - Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - The games were very popular in Japan, and even the UK/US releases of the first game were pretty popular.
Jimmy T/Ashley/Mona/8-VOLT - WarioWare - Despite the series being some stretched spin-off of the Mario series, it did spawn many of its own characters, a bit like DK. These four are four of the most re-occuring characters in WarioWare, and each could have quite a significantly unique moveset. They could be a four-in-one character, I suppose. Could you imagine 8-VOLT's moves? O_O
Jill - Drill Dozer - Another undisputed classic Nintendo character that deserves to have a chance in Smash Bros.
Little Mac - Punch Out! - His moveset may be reminiscent of other characters', but he is without a doubt a classic Nintendo character that deserves a role.
Dr. Kawashima - Brain Training - One of Nintendo's most succesful games of our era. Despite him being a little suck-ish character-wise and difficult to make a playable character out of, it is just a passing thought.
Sukapon - Um... er... - Sukapon looks great and could obviously have a very unqiue moveset.

Other various inclusions: Mario Karts as weapons, more mentions of 'Tetris' (stage/weapon), Zack & Wiki reference (Assist-trophy)
DEFINITELY not to be included: Cloud Strife, Conker, Dante (despite his awesomeness), Ryu, Viewtiful Joe... Naruto!? Seriously, someone suggested this. I'm a massive anime fan (despite Naruto being one of the most overrated anime shows) yet I think this would be a ridiculous idea. Also, I'm not up for all the third-party characters. Massive ones such as Ray-Man and Megaman for one-offs would be slightly tolerable, I suppose. I love the characters, but they don't belong here. That is all I mean when regarding the majority of the third-party suggestions.

And, finally, I should mention that this thread really does not belong on this board. It's epic and all, but belongs in the General Discussion. Oh, and I apologize for such a long post.... O_o

Some comments I felt I wanted to reply to...
@Derek.Haines - Keitaro Urashima FTW, my friend! :D
@kirbario7 - Seriously, WTF? Jigglypuff is a balloon-type, stereotypically-female Poke'mon. I really don't see a resemblance to gay males when concerning Jigglypuff.
@Hashire Kazemeijin - I agree, PT should have been named 'Red' for the sake of references.
@IKE angel - You triple-posted. My god. There's an edit button, try using it. ^_- And also, I don't see how a quote can 'be gay on you.' I hate it when people completely reinvent the word 'gay' as some kind of weird insult.
@godsmith2 - Super Mario Sunshine wasn't a spin-off. :/ Oh, and I rather enjoyed it, too.
@Charizard92 - The main character of Gold was called Gold; the main character of Silver was named Silver, and so on.

( Please tell me what you think about everything you've read here in my post... if you were brave enough to read it all, of course. :ohwell: )

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
I rather enjoyed that post, it actually had very likely characters(E.g: Toon Zelda/Tetra, K. Rool, and so on), but yeah, Ridley...I can only see him as a boss for some reason...I know, I read, just a wishlist...the only characters I want in(since Nintendo has so many Males and hardly any females) are as follows:

Princess Rosalina: Super Mario Galaxy- she never got captured, she bears a more delving story than Peach, and she is serious and wise, an she could have her own unique moveset and Final Smash.

Princess Daisy:Mario- Daisy only got caught once, and that was it, she has become a more reccuring character in the Mario Spin-offs as many things, and she really deserved a spot in Brawl, or if not, I can still dream of a Super Princess Peach 2...

Micaiah:Fire Emblem: We really need a Fire Emblem girl, and Micaiah represents them just as good as any other fighter, and Lyn as well, but my vote stands with Micaiah, she's just so unique.

:p
I know, I'm a dreamer...

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
I rather enjoyed that post, it actually had very likely characters(E.g: Toon Zelda/Tetra, K. Rool, and so on), but yeah, Ridley...I can only see him as a boss for some reason...I know, I read, just a wishlist...the only characters I want in(since Nintendo has so many Males and hardly any females) are as follows:

Princess Rosalina: Super Mario Galaxy- she never got captured, she bears a more delving story than Peach, and she is serious and wise, an she could have her own unique moveset and Final Smash.

Princess Daisy:Mario- Daisy only got caught once, and that was it, she has become a more reccuring character in the Mario Spin-offs as many things, and she really deserved a spot in Brawl, or if not, I can still dream of a Super Princess Peach 2...

Micaiah:Fire Emblem: We really need a Fire Emblem girl, and Micaiah represents them just as good as any other fighter, and Lyn as well, but my vote stands with Micaiah, she's just so unique.

:p
I know, I'm a dreamer...
Heh... well, thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed my post! :laugh:
As for your list, it's very respectable and within reach. All three seem like definite possibilities for characters in a sequel.
As for Ridley, I know. Everyone always reverts to the most well-known Ridley when thinking about him. However, when I say we should have him as a character, I'm more-so referring to that of the original Ridley from the very first Metroid SNES game. Ridley was the same size as Samus back then. :bee:
In terms of his form, think of it as a Yoshi with wings. It won't be hard to pull off at all, considering Pit has wings and that still worked out. In fact, Ridley didn't even fly in the original SNES game.

K64

Smash Apprentice
O.o I got one, Charmeleon. Yeah, and add Rayquaza as a playable character! Yeah so DUMB!

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
Heh... well, thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed my post! :laugh:
As for your list, it's very respectable and within reach. All three seem like definite possibilities for characters in a sequel.
As for Ridley, I know. Everyone always reverts to the most well-known Ridley when thinking about him. However, when I say we should have him as a character, I'm more-so referring to that of the original Ridley from the very first Metroid SNES game. Ridley was the same size as Samus back then. :bee:
In terms of his form, think of it as a Yoshi with wings. It won't be hard to pull off at all, considering Pit has wings and that still worked out. In fact, Ridley didn't even fly in the original SNES game.
Oh!
I see what you mean...I used to like fighting him, he was more realistic back then.
:)
now that one seems more reachable!
another wonderful addition to the team would be...Midna in her older form, she would fight with martial arts and the like, but with a magic kick to them, like Zelda, per se, but since Zelda uses dancing moves instead of martial arts, then there is a major difference.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Midna: Not only is she the best sidekick Link has had, but she's one of the most well-developed Zelda characters in the series, with a strong personality, and a good sense of usefulness as a gameplay function, and an able magic user by canon. People denying her are just pissy over the first third of the game where even then she still wasn't as bad or rude as Tatl or Ezlo. With all the other Zelda characters sans Toon Link appearing as they did in TP, Midna would've just plain brought the whole thing full circle. And no, she wouldn't need Wolf Link to hold her own in the game. She was completely cheated out of a place on the roster.

Viewtiful Joe: Not only was the game great, but the character kicked *** beyond comprehension, and his potential moveset was basically already existant.

Travis Touchdown: Had No More Heroes come out as a launch title or something, Santa Destroy's dirt-poor, kitten-loving otaku assassin would've gotten a spot on the roster in a snap, regardless of how much satirical blood was spewing from ever pore of his enemies' bodies. Not only was Travis a complete badass in his own right, but he's kicked enough *** and has enough charisma to justify an entire series.

Shök

Smash Champion
Roy
Megaman
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) LOL
Zero
Tails
Knuckles

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Oh!
I see what you mean...I used to like fighting him, he was more realistic back then.
now that one seems more reachable!
another wonderful addition to the team would be...Midna in her older form, she would fight with martial arts and the like, but with a magic kick to them, like Zelda, per se, but since Zelda uses dancing moves instead of martial arts, then there is a major difference.
Well, he's probably more realistic now, actually, seeing as that he resembles a pterodactyl. Ptereodactyl's were nowhere near as small as the original Ridley was. However, in terms of Ridley being a playable character, yes, that form is a lot more realistic.
Midna would definitely be another realistic addition for the roster, yes. :laugh:

megaman x
shadow
eggman"as a boss"
cloud
ROY
Deoxys "all four forms like sheik/zelda"
I dislike the Shadow/Cloud ideas quite a lot, but at least Roy and Deoxys are realistic and wise approaches for character ideas. As for Eggman being a boss, that wouldn't actually of been a bad idea at all. In fact, I quite like the suggestion! I dislike having third-party characters as playable ones, seeing as this is meant to be a colloboration for Nintendo characters. However, seeing as that SEGA and Nintendo have had so much history together, this would definitely be a plausible boss. :bee:

Olimars partner Louie would have to be a must.
Good suggestion. I also worked out a simple way for it to be done without the two having identical movesets, as explains in my HUGE post on this page, in the Louie part. :D

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
How could you want Ike out?
Anyway, good list other than that.
Indeed, I don't see the point in taking out any character, actually. I don't paticulary love being Ike in Brawl, but the Kid Icarus NES game was an absolute gem. That game alone gives Ike the right to be in this game.
By the way, purely out of curiosity, was your username a deliberate typo or an accidental one that you've just stuck with...? ('T' is next to 'R' on the keyboard, so I'll assume it was unintentional.) :laugh:

Cimmantti

Smash Rookie
what the hell Blaziken isnt improtant
Phoeniz Wright CANT FI, ******, and red mage.....hello

owned by Square
no.......no

Cimmantti

Smash Rookie
wtf....no final fantasty characters, different company, Isaac yes

WHAT IS WITH THE RIVAL POKEMON TRAINER, make that a costume for Pokemon Trainer, as well as the other trainers, and maybe some gym leaders, any pokemon characdter that would be tight
and Dark Zero Suit Samus.....HELLO, SHES IN THE GAME, Dark Samus....lose armour
I like Ridley, but a litle hard to like....fight as.....big and................metallixc

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
In:
Micaiah
Giratina (Cameo, as a trophy, Spear Pillar pokemon or pokeball pokemon)
E. Gadd (Assist trophy)
Bomberman
K. Rool
Paper Mario

Out:
No one.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
wtf....no final fantasty characters, different company, Isaac yes

WHAT IS WITH THE RIVAL POKEMON TRAINER, make that a costume for Pokemon Trainer, as well as the other trainers, and maybe some gym leaders, any pokemon characdter that would be tight
and Dark Zero Suit Samus.....HELLO, SHES IN THE GAME, Dark Samus....lose armour
I like Ridley, but a litle hard to like....fight as.....big and................metallixc
1) Rival Poke'mon Trainer would hold different Poke'mon.
2) You say 'any Poke'mon character' yet refuse Blaziken and a rival PT...?
3) Ridley... metallic...? As I've previously explained regarding his size, Ridley was originally the same size as Samus in the very first Metroid game. When I suggested Ridley, I was refering to the small Ridley, of course. It would be incredibly simple.
4) Isaac...? What game is him from...? Isn't he also from a third-party company, just like the Final Fantasy characters? (I actually agree with not including third-party characters such as the FF's franchise's, by the way.)

Dark Zero Suit Samus...? Hmm, that's a good point. When playing as the Dark Samus alternative outfit, does she actually retain the 'dark' part when losing her armour...? I don't use her. Thanks for the pointer! ^_^

One word for ya: PIT.
A grand point...

Zaiku

Smash Rookie
Firstly, I'd say, bring back all the melee characters. Except young Link, because Toon Link is pretty much a replacement, and a much better character. And to people who say that they are different, well consider Adult Link, he is completely different, as he is the TP design. Toon Link is essentially an improvement on Young Link fighter-wise, in design however, thats a personal opinion, and I loved Windwaker, so Toon FTW.

N64 Kirby- yeah, make him as good as he was in the N64 SSB, he used to be awesome!

Psycho Mantis and Doctor Eggman- As SSE bosses, seperate of course, they would've been awesome, especially Psycho Mantis, because he can do all the funny stuff and 'mind reading' he did in Twin Snakes on the GC, and the only way to defeat him, pull out the controller! (Keeping true to the series*

Toon Zelda- WHo could become Tetra.

Toon Ganon- Yes, with the swords.

Minum and Plusle- THey could be like Pichu, minus the self damage and make them ice-climber style.

Skarmory- In a pokeball, not just abackground object.

Black Shadow- We need more F-zero characters!

Lyn- Not just an AT, she kicks butt hard!

May- Yes, from ruby and sapphire version. She could have the bad*** Blaziken, the cool Grovile, and the ever so AWESOME Mudkip!!!!

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Indeed, I don't see the point in taking out any character, actually. I don't paticulary love being Ike in Brawl, but the Kid Icarus NES game was an absolute gem. That game alone gives Ike the right to be in this game.
By the way, purely out of curiosity, was your username a deliberate typo or an accidental one that you've just stuck with...? ('T' is next to 'R' on the keyboard, so I'll assume it was unintentional.) :laugh:
The typo was deliberate and I wanted Krystal in!

Jamie0003

Smash Cadet
I don't really think snake fits in brawl too well....Plus he's too powerful. Ridley should definatly have been in.

steel_bee

Smash Rookie
Out: None, possibly R.O.B.

Should have been in:

Bowser Jr.
Midna w/Wolf Link
Ridley
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Krystal
Issac

Would have liked:

King K. Rool
Plusle & Minun (they could have been interesting)
Claus
Vaati
Sylux
Roy
Miciah
Black Shadow
Megaman

Would have liked with very little (to no) chance of making it in:
Trace
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Sora
Ratchet & Clank

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Bowser Jr. should have been in, hands down. Mewtwo should have come back as well, he's a legend.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
I say black knight,daisy,waligi,shadow,sothe should have been in.characters that should be out pit,IC's.(and for the next one take out snake and sonic make it all Nintendo characters!)(and then if they do that then shadow should be taken out there.)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
I say black knight,daisy,waligi,shadow,sothe should have been in.characters that should be out pit,IC's.(and for the next one take out snake and sonic make it all Nintendo characters!)(and then if they do that then shadow should be taken out there.)
I agree with it all being Nintendo characters, but Snake and Sonic were both in Brawl as they are both in some way connected to Nintendo.

Sonic - Shouldn't really need explaining. Sonic has had more history with Nintendo than any other character not made by themselves. Sonic was purely made to rival Nintendo's Mario, but once Sega's console sales plummeted, they focused on just making games, some of which were for their ex-rival's consoles. Now, in this year, the two companies are very close.

Snake - The leading producer of MGS worked directly under Miyamoto before joining Konami. Not really enough of a reason, I know. Snake should be taken out for the next Smash Bros. game.

So long as no other third-party character are put in, I don't see it as a problem with Sonic being the only third-party character in future games. They'd just better not put other Sonic characters in the game as playable ones, because then it would begin to get over-the-top.

Fool's Gil

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think snake fits in brawl too well....Plus he's too powerful.
His strength is beset by his easily dodged projectiles and mines. Have to give him something to work with.

Snake should be taken out for the next Smash Bros. game.
I disapprove of that. Everyone is a fan of someone, and I'm sure you'd hate it if your main was taken out. I know I did from Melee.

So long as no other third-party character are put in, I don't see it as a problem with Sonic being the only third-party character in future games.
I think the amount of third party characters should be low, but two more third party characters that actually started on the NES couldn't hurt:

Original Mega Man. Several of his games were on the NES, plus he was on the 64 and Game boy models. (I actually say Original because I mean the first NES Mega Man, not X, or Legends, or that Battle Network one.)

Black Mage. The no name generic FF1 Mage, not FF7 or FF10 BM with the names I forget. I'm quite positive FF1 started on the NES, so Nintendo could easily do that and still be good.

Also, Simon Belmont from Castlevania, and Lip from Panel de Pon: We have her Poison stick, why not have her?

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Out; Toon Link (character with bad graphics)
Game and Watch ( 2d in brawl lol )
Snake (If he's in practically any 3rd party character can be in brawl)

In; Roy (great character)
Midna ( he Final S could be that big thing she turns to in the end of TP)
Tails ( If Sonic's in brawl why can't his best bud be in too)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
I disapprove of that. Everyone is a fan of someone, and I'm sure you'd hate it if your main was taken out. I know I did from Melee.
My main is a Nintendo character, not a third-party one.

I think the amount of third party characters should be low, but two more third party characters that actually started on the NES couldn't hurt:
I just personally think that third-party characters don't belong in this series.
Snake hasn't been on any Nintendo console, has he...? :ohwell:

Lip from Panel de Pon: We have her Poison stick, why not have her?
That wouldn't be too bad, actually. However, she's not a third-party character, anyway.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
My 5 Choices for What Should've Made It

1.) King K. Rool
2.) Knuckles
3.) Megaman
4.) Sigma
5.) Geno

kevon24

Smash Rookie
IN :
Sora from kingdom hearts.