• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettkilburg

Smash Rookie
Out:
NONE

In:
A Final Fantasy Char. (Vaan)
Shadow, Knuckles...coulda been different Costumes?
Crystal

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
What about the ninjas??

In:
-Naruto- His specials could be the rasengan, substitution jutsu, and other cool ninjutsu..His final smash could be his beast unleash thingy (similar to the effects of wario man but much more agile and faster)
- Sasuke- Similar to Naruto but he'll have Chidori insted of Rasengan and his final smash could be his Sharingan which will have similar effects as the clock item thingy
- A mage from FE like Nino!! Yeah she'll pwn so badly

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I don't know how Snake got in, other than they needed another popular 3rd-party character joining Sonic.

I don't think the series even has any relations to Nintendo.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
I don't know how Snake got in, other than they needed another popular 3rd-party character joining Sonic.

According to Sakurai, Kojima begged for Snake to be put in Melee but it was too far in production for that to happen. So when Brawl came around, it was going to happen.

Fool's Gil

Smash Apprentice
My main is a Nintendo character, not a third-party one.
Mine are Nintendo too, I'm just saying characters are dropped by a whim from Melee to Brawl, and in my opinion no one should be dropped for any reason.

I just personally think that third-party characters don't belong in this series.
Snake hasn't been on any Nintendo console, has he...? :ohwell:.
Snake had two games. Metal Gear on the NES, and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for the Gamecube.

That wouldn't be too bad, actually. However, she's not a third-party character, anyway.
My bad.:embarrass

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Mine are Nintendo too, I'm just saying characters are dropped by a whim from Melee to Brawl, and in my opinion no one should be dropped for any reason.
In my opinion, too, no characters from Melee should of been dropped from Brawl. However, I think that if they must put in third-party characters like Snake then they should be dropped for the next installment to be replaced by a different third-party characters. At least this way the game doesn't get packed with irrelevant characters.
Not only that, but there's the long-running argument of the balance of the Brawl characters, of which is mainly centered around both Meta-Knight and, of course, Snake.

Snake had two games. Metal Gear on the NES, and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for the Gamecube.
I wasn't aware any MGS had been made for any Nintendo consoles. I'm not sure how I hadn't noticed this, but never mind.
My point is, he's still a third-party character; one that has only a few small connections with Nintendo. Considering this game, in my opinion, should remain a Nintendo-franchise collaboration game, Snake doesn't belong in it.

Mistakes happen, it's not a big deal. :D
Panel de Pon, if I'm not to be mistaken, was originally from Puzzle League, right? That's a first-party franchise, or possibly a second-party franchise.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
issac and lloyd from ToS

neutral b venus or flint/beast
up b planet diver/psi tempest
side b move/super sonic thrust
down b mother gaia/sonic sword rain
fs Catastrophe or judgement/ falcon crest

Bramble

Smash Cadet
Megaman and Geno are both popular characters that would fit great into a smash game. There are mages from FF in Mario Hoops, so why not in a smash game? The red and black mages are pretty awesome, either of them would be fine.

Rather than removing characters, some of them could use new moves instead of moves being the same through all the games. If i had to mention a character that does not deserve to stay in smash, it would have to be Jigglypuff.

kirbario7

Smash Cadet

oh con trair, metal gear 1-3 and metal gear solid the twin snakes man he started on nintendo but then he moved on
2 and 3 were released in japan

Ryon

Smash Rookie
I think they should have brought in Tails and Knuckles. I don't know exactly what moves talis could have but knuckles could easily have punch moves. Tails could have multiple jumps and a controllable up B like pit. I think they should have either got rid of falco and put in wolf or just not brought in wolf because I think that they are all too alike. I also think that ganon shouldn't have been brought back as he is. I think he should have been brough back certainly but just with different moveset then C Falcon. He should use his sword more cause he uses it in all of the legend of zelda games and he has a taunt that uses it so why not use it for some of his moves?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
out: rob

in: tails (sega i know), banjo(kazooie implied), professor oak (i already have well established theories on his moveset)

Roihu

Smash Ace
I don't get why you people want R.O.B out so much. R.O.B's pretty awesome and is actually a very important part of Nintendo's history.
I also don't get why people want Olimar out. He's pretty cute and plus he's more Nintendo than most characters we want are.

I'm not really wanting anyone out, but if I did, I'd have to go with Jigglypuff. Is he still really THAT popular in Japan that you have to keep including him? He disappeared from the anime years ago.
I also think Snake should disappear from this game since he's hardly touched any Nintendo console.

As for who I want in... I'd have to say someone like:
-Spyro, Crash: I know Spyro and Crash would never get in, but they would fit SO AWESOMELY! I mean, I wish they would have been made by Nintendo
-A Mii: It would be pretty awesome too.
-Tabuu: Not as overpowered as he is as a last boss
-Another Sonic character: Definitely want to play as Silver *hopefully not as painfully as 06 sounds*, Shadow, Knuckles, or Tails
-Ray MKII: Don't know the games much, but he in general looks looks pretty awesome
-Another Pokemon Trainer with starters from a different series/other pokemon that don't require switching: I'm really wanting any of the Hoenn starters, especially Blaziken. The Ruby is where Pokemon starter for me Including Mewtwo there, of course.
-Bomberman: Though, I don't see much chance of that happening...
-Sora, maybe.
-Professor Layton! Seriously, why has no one said this? I meant it as a joke, but still, the guy pwns.

Also, with the Pokemon Trainer, I'm thinking for the Hoenn region it should be just like the Pokemon trainer of the Kanto region. I mean, everyone likes Mudkipz, right? Most people who play PMD2:EOT/EOD like Grovyle, right? And Blaziken's just kickass, so I think that should be the lineup.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
tails definently....he would atomatically be the best gimper and have the best recovery...

as for the other two...no...

Diddy-kong

Smash Rookie
Out : toon link - just make him young link again he just doesn't " fit" O_o
falco - 1 star fox character needs to be out and falco's just my least favorite xP
Snake - he just doesn't fit in at all to me idk I don't really approve of third parties.
Lucario- Bring mewto back >:l
Ice climbers- That bore me and the pink one be takin mah items >:o

In: Birdo - really Birdo would add on to the mario-ish characters but she/he/it could shoot out eggs.
Banjo-kazooie- yea Microsoft would say no but i can always hope ^.^.
Toad - toad in smash would just be completely made of pure win.
Bowser jr - cuz he has a bib :D!!
Mewtwo - Bring Mewtwo back >:l
Lanky kong - cuz he is Lanky kong DUh >:l

And i think jiggly should definitly stay in O_O she/he is like one of the best players in basically all 3 games, maybe not brawl but definitly in 64, and shes ok in melee.

And some ppl say diddy should go O.o diddy is basically the second dk character is is definitly one of the best characters in brawl O_O why him =[

thats all ^^

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
out:

ROB - I like rob as a character, but he deserves this spot less than any character that you can think of, because he was never in a game before.

LUCARIO - ???????? why did they get rid of mewtwo in the first place????????????????

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
The reasons people are making for getting characters out here SUCK.

Claus, Lucas' brother, should've been in. He even has a gun for a right hand (They forgot to add that in the picture).

Roxmorf

Smash Cadet
out peach, bowser, yoshi (way too many only mario's games secondaries)
falco and wolf (or at least change even muuch , much much more theri **** movesets)
olimar (he sucks a lot, and I mean A LOTTT, pikimin should've been treated other way, game&watch kinda)
too many pokemon, why not have treated them like one pokemon trainer for all pokemon(like in pokemon stadium), to choose which one to use at the beggining, and instead of switching evolving after some time, and only switching when dying, so one attack wouldn't be so useless
dedede should be out too, villains are villains. Him and bowser should only appear as assists or as bosses as ridley (good job with ridley)
Ice Climbers (i personally hate them, they are real spamming characters)

in jigglypuff should never leave
krystal, is one in the starfox series that would be easier to make a good moveset with the staff instead of more and more and more clones
a repowered kirby
a repowered C.Falcon
a repowered Ganondorf (but I like the new moveset, it should've been a little more powerful)

also there were some very good options people were begging for like megaman (he fits really well)
that one from super mario world...
some other bounty hunters from some metroid (like the ones that were turned evil from mp3 corruption or the ones from the DS instead of only trophies)
i like te mk robots too
some chars from tekken
tails, knuckles
kalas from baten kaitos is a pretty cool character
sephiroth or cloud from Final Fantasy VII (or anyone from FF, like the summonings as assists)
some more from fire emblem, there are lots of diferent things to do with a sword
wolf link would be original (with midna over him)

well, i hope if there is a new SSB there are even less clones, more original characters, less pokemon, and less mario characters (enough with 3 or 4)

whiteolimar

Smash Cadet
Olimar could most possibly be a jew from outer spa
falco and wolf (or at least change even muuch , much much more theri **** movesets)
olimar (he sucks a lot, and I mean A LOTTT, pikimin should've been treated other way, game&watch kinda)
too many pokemon, why not have treated them like one pokemon trainer for all pokemon(like in pokemon stadium), to choose which one to use at the beggining, and instead of switching evolving after some time, and only switching when dying, so one attack wouldn't be so useless
dedede should be out too, villains are villains. Him and bowser should only appear as assists or as bosses as ridley (good job with ridley)

krystal, is one in the starfox series that would be easier to make a good moveset with the staff instead of more and more and more clones
a repowered kirby
a repowered C.Falcon
a repowered Ganondorf (but I like the new moveset, it should've been a little more powerful)

also there were some very good options people were begging for like megaman (he fits really well)
some other bounty hunters from some metroid (like the ones that were turned evil from mp3 corruption or the ones from the DS instead of only trophies)
i like te mk robots too
some chars from tekken
tails, knuckles
sephiroth or cloud from Final Fantasy VII (or anyone from FF, like the summonings as assists)
some more from fire emblem, there are lots of diferent things to do with a sword

well, i hope if there is a new SSB there are even less clones, more original characters, less pokemon, and less mario characters (enough with 3 or 4)
Man you are the biggest ****** on SWF.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
out:

ROB - I like rob as a character, but he deserves this spot less than any character that you can think of, because he was never in a game before.

LUCARIO - ???????? why did they get rid of mewtwo in the first place????????????????
This made me laugh. ROB was in a game before. Ever hear of Gyromite and Mario Kart DS (lo)?
I think he helped Nintendo when they were trying to sell their VG Consoles after the crash in the 80's...

I'm not too sure however.

And you have absolutely no argument for Lucario -> replacing Mewtwo.

I don't understand why people think Lucario replaced Mewtwo. For all we know, he could've replaced Pichu. :dizzy:

And PT could've replaced Mewtwo. But that's just my thoughts.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Out:

R.O.B:He is very good, buti just don't think he should come back.

Pokemon Trainer: COME ON! I don't think he needs to return because the pokemon could fight for themselves. We don't need soemone who stands in the backround.

Snake: Konami begged sakuri to put him in and HE PUT HIM IN! If someone asked for a character and begged sakuri would he say yes? propaly not.

Sonic:I just don't like sonic so i don't want him to return.

Who should be in(Oh and its just my opinion)

Nintendog: He is really cute and also i think he should be added because he's miyamoto's creation.(Almost all of his popular creations are in except nintendog)

Metroid: 1:The series is called metroid. 2:The were in every game. 3:A metroid saved samus life 2 or 3 times. Nuff said.

Staryu: He should be in because staryu reminds people of misty and it would be cool to bring a classic back.

Toad:He's almost in all mario games and is really popular! Thats why i want him in.

Ridley:He would be a perfect 2nd character for samus.

Dark Samus:Read ridley

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
What about the ninjas??

In:
-Naruto- His specials could be the rasengan, substitution jutsu, and other cool ninjutsu..His final smash could be his beast unleash thingy (similar to the effects of wario man but much more agile and faster)
- Sasuke- Similar to Naruto but he'll have Chidori insted of Rasengan and his final smash could be his Sharingan which will have similar effects as the clock item thingy
- A mage from FE like Nino!! Yeah she'll pwn so badly
Are you serious?! Anime characters don't have a chance of getting in.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord

a repowered kirby
a repowered C.Falcon

i like te mk robots too
some chars from tekken
tails, knuckles

1st part

Are you serious Peach, Bowser, And yoshi? There part of the mario series so they will never leave.

Well, I agree that there moves should get changed.

Olimar is popular and a great character he won't leave.

Mr. Game and Watch started nintendo he won't leave.

Ok so have one pokemon character? and if you want jigglypuff to return why make her with pokemon trainer? Pikachu and Jigglypuff will never be with pokemon trainer.

King Dedede and Bowser are never going to be assit trophies because there important to there series!

Too bad. Ice Climbers wont leave.

2nd part

Who said jigglypuff will leave?

Yeah krystal would be good.

Kirby, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf are powered enough.

3rd part

Megaman maybe

what character from super mario world?

Nah, Dark samus, Ridley, or Metroid would be better.

Tekken is exclusive to "Sony"

Tails or knuckles yes.

Don't know what that is.

I don't think there should be a final fantasy character.

More fire emblem characters? Yes

Wolf link would be really dumb because there are better charcters for the legend of zelda.

Too bad there will always be that many mario and pokemon charcters. So if theres another super smash bros i guess you will be disappointed.

Oh, and you have a weird taste of charcetrs and they will never be in.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Lucas' brother should of been included.
Hell, he would of been pretty cool. Would of been much better than Lucas, at least. :laugh:

could your statment be any less false?
That... doesn't even make much sense. Revise your comment.

No. Mario is Nintendo's largest franchise as well as gaming's most successful series of any company. These three characters deserve to be in the game a lot more than most. Your reasoning was bad, too, may I add.
I don't paticulary even understand you, but I see you want Olimar out. Why? Pikmin is one of Nintendo's 'newest' successful franchises. Just one character from this series really doesn't do any harm.
Lucario. Pikachu. Jigglypuff. Poke'mon Trainer. That's four characters, so long as you don't count PT's Poke'mon. Considering the amount of characters in this series, and that it's massively popular, I don't consider this grand total of 4 much at all.
dedede should be out too, villains are villains. Him and bowser should only appear as assists or as bosses as ridley.
So, you want Nintendo villains out of the game but want FFVII's Sephiroth in...? That really doesn't add up.
What? You were just complaining about the amount of Poke'mon! However, I agree, Jigglypuff should stay.
So, you want Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Olimar and all the villains out, but Capcom's Megaman in...? *sigh*
Mario....? Seriously though, be more specific.
some chars from tekken
I refer to my above statement regarding Megaman.
You have your priorities messed up, what with wanting Sephiroth > Bowser.
The current appearences of Fire Emblem characters have already been simmilar enough. Replacements, but no additions.
Original characters don't include the likes of Tekken characters to replace the likes of Bowser, Peach and Yoshi.

Jigglypuff will never leave because he's one of the 12 orignal and really popular in japan.
Well, Jigglypuff may leave, but I should hope not.
Nintendog: He is really cute and also i think he should be added because he's miyamoto's creation.(Almost all of his popular creations are in except nintendog)
That's true, but how would its moveset work...?
Metroid: 1:The series is called metroid. 2:The were in every game. 3:A metroid saved samus life 2 or 3 times. Nuff said.
Again, difficult moveset decisions would need to be made.
Staryu: He should be in because staryu reminds people of misty and it would be cool to bring a classic back.
Staryu doesn't remind me of Misty so much, nor is it an important/popular character. Not only that, but I'm not certain as to how the movesets would work with this one.
Toad:He's almost in all mario games and is really popular! Thats why i want him in.
I'd love for Toad to be included, but I'm not sure what he could do for attacks.
Ridley:He would be a perfect 2nd character for samus.
I agree, but it'd need to be the original Ridley from the first Metroid game.
Dark Samus
Already a costume alternative.

Are you serious?! Anime characters don't have a chance of getting in.
I agree. Such characters do not belong in this game. It's just people's fanboy/fangirl wishes without reasoning about how such a thing would mess the game up.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I know it would be hard for a movest, but i stilll have hope :)

I could think of a movest, but i know it won't have much matter, but its still a attempted.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Ok here are my movests :)

Nintendog
Standard:Bark(Stuns the foe)

Side:Toy(Throws a random toy)

Up:Filp(Flips to help recover) or Space shuttle(A toy in nintendog he goes on it and goes anywhere for a few seconds)

Down:Dig(Digs alittle hole and if you walk over it you will get stuck in it) or Roll over(Rolls to make you trip or get stuck to the ground)

Final smash:Kennel or Dog pound(Nintendog summons a bunch of dogs and they all attack trample and hurt you)

Staryu
Standard:Swift(Shoots a bunch of stars like when he was a pokemon)

Side:BubbleBeam(Shoots bubbles that hurt the foe and make them go alittle slower)

Up:Rapid Spin(Staryu rapidly spins to help him recover. He could use the for 10 seconds)

Down:Hydro Pump(You could recharge this to have more power. Staryu shoots a heavy blast of water that does serious damage)

Final smash:Rain Dance(Summons rain to hurt the foes. You get damage by every drop you get hit by and at te end a huge Thunderbolt hits the middle of the stage)

Toad
Standard:Spores(Kinda like peach's toad move, but it dosen't reflect. It hurts the foe with spores and could make you go to sleep since it dosent make you flinch)

Side:poison Mushroom(In super mario kart toad would shoot a poison mushroom at the foe and it makes you tiny so thats what the move does.

Up:Mushroom jump(Toad jumps on a mushroom to help him recover and once the jump is done balloons help him recover)

Down:plant throw(throws a plant from super mario bros 2, but its not the same as peach. He throws other kinds like shells,Cabbage,Pumpkins,Giant veggi,Shy guys,and other items in super smash bors.)

Final smash:Starshroom(The ship that he used inn "super mario galaxy" i don't know what it does, but it could involve the ship)

Metroid
Standard:Acid(Shoots acid)

Side:Bite(grabs on to someone and eats energy from them and everytime he bites his heatlh will get healed)

Up:Float(Floats up high to recover)

Down:Metroid(Send s a metroid out to fight)

Final smash:Super Metroid(He turns super and becomes more stronger,Faster,and bigger)

Well, What do you think?

PowerBomb

Smash Master

Nintendog

Up:Filp(Flips to help recover) or Space shuttle(A toy in nintendog he goes on it and goes anywhere for a few seconds)

Down:Dig(Digs alittle hole and if you walk over it you will get stuck in it) or Roll over(Rolls to make you trip or get stuck to the ground)

Final smash:Kennel or Dog pound(Nintendog summons a bunch of dogs and they all attack trample and hurt you)

Staryu

Side:BubbleBeam(Shoots bubbles that hurt the foe and make them go alittle slower)

Up:Rapid Spin(Staryu rapidly spins to help him recover. He could use the for 10 seconds)

Down:Hydro Pump(You could recharge this to have more power. Staryu shoots a heavy blast of water that does serious damage)

Final smash:Rain Dance(Summons rain to hurt the foes. You get damage by every drop you get hit by and at te end a huge Thunderbolt hits the middle of the stage)

Toad
Standard:Spores(Kinda like peach's toad move, but it dosen't reflect. It hurts the foe with spores and could make you go to sleep since it dosent make you flinch)

Side:poison Mushroom(In super mario kart toad would shoot a poison mushroom at the foe and it makes you tiny so thats what the move does.

Up:Mushroom jump(Toad jumps on a mushroom to help him recover and once the jump is done balloons help him recover)

Down:plant throw(throws a plant from super mario bros 2, but its not the same as peach. He throws other kinds like shells,Cabbage,Pumpkins,Giant veggi,Shy guys,and other items in super smash bors.)

Final smash:Starshroom(The ship that he used inn "super mario galaxy" i don't know what it does, but it could involve the ship)

Metroid

Side:Bite(grabs on to someone and eats energy from them and everytime he bites his heatlh will get healed)

Final smash:Super Metroid(He turns super and becomes more stronger,Faster,and bigger)

Well, What do you think?
Interesting. The whole healing thing for the Metroid would be kind of broken, wouldn't it?
And Down B for the Metroid is, uh...a bit vague on details.

And for the moves that stun/sleep you (Toads Spores and Nintendogs Bark)
would the opponent get stunned/sleeped(?) longer as their % goes up?

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman

Nintendog

Staryu

Toad

Metroid

Well, What do you think?
Good concepts and ideas. :D However, some of them moves seem way too extreme and unbalanced. A nice concept, still, though.

Imperial Dark

Smash Cadet
A long time ago, back when Brawl was code named "Super Smash Bros. Revolution", I visited a small Smash Blog. They asked what characters you wanted in (the game).

I saw one interesting answer...

Someone suggested all 7 of Bowser's koopa kids. You know, the classic ones. I thought that was interesting.

Who do I want in? Many, many, many characters.

However, the one I want int the most, is none other than...

Kiddy Kong!

I want him to make a come back in Smash Bros. so the guys who make Donkey Kong games might include him again.

You said characters "you wanted in." I kind of made my answer in the wrong tense, but...

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Someone suggested all 7 of Bowser's koopa kids. You know, the classic ones. I thought that was interesting.

Kiddy Kong!

I want him to make a come back in Smash Bros. so the guys who make Donkey Kong games might include him again.
Love the Koopa Kids idea.

As for Dinkey Kong, the character belongs to Rare, which was bought by Microsoft. It'd be impossible for the character to be playable in Smash Bros.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
A long time ago, back when Brawl was code named "Super Smash Bros. Revolution", I visited a small Smash Blog. They asked what characters you wanted in (the game).

I saw one interesting answer...

Who do I want in? Many, many, many characters.

However, the one I want int the most, is none other than...

Kiddy Kong!

You said characters "you wanted in." I kind of made my answer in the wrong tense, but...

That was weird.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Interesting. The whole healing thing for the Metroid would be kind of broken, wouldn't it?
And Down B for the Metroid is, uh...a bit vague on details.

And for the moves that stun/sleep you (Toads Spores and Nintendogs Bark)
would the opponent get stunned/sleeped(?) longer as their % goes up?
Well, Some of the moves don't have to have those extra abilltys.

And i think toad's spores would, but Nintendog's bark no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom