• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Dude The DOC must return, I dont know who my main would be if Doc was gone, I really enjoyed how he played, and how powerful and balanced his moves felt, the only complaint I ever had with him was his recovery, and his crappy Down B move, but since the replaced Mario with the FLUDD, hopefully they can do the same for Doc, but with his viruses or something.

Doc 4 lyfe

P.S

Other characters I would love to see join or return to the fray

- Ray (Custom Robo for GC is the ****, I cant beleive it got bad ratings, Only game I 100% completed)
- Ridley (Hell yah)
- Wolf (Krystal is a little ****, and would be seriously ticked if she got picked over the games bad ***)
- Captain Olimar ( Meh, would be cool)
- Birdo (Or some other kick *** character THAT ISNT BABY MARIO OR LUIGI from the Yoshi games)
- ShyGuy (Read above)
- Lucario (Nuke all other unconfirmed Poke-characs except Jigglypuff and put him in, 4 is enough)
- Megaman/Zero (Megaman has to be in if Zero joins, either way i want X or Zero)
- Skull Kid (**** yeah)

Thats about it, also NO MORE ****'** MARIO OR LIKK CLONES one is enough, except the Doc go DOC!

good thing you're not making the game; since some of those choices aren't very logical at all, and your ranting (or your vulgar language) don't make you sound very intellegent at all (actually it sounds like you're just throwing a tantrum, so calm down)

if megaman was in, it would most likely be the original, old-school megaman, because he is the most popular version of megaman, and the one most synonomous with Nintendo.

despite, how much I and a bunch of other people want him in, there isn't any good indication that Ray 01 would be a playable (even though that would be awesome) considering that so far there is no representation of the entire Custom Robo series in Brawl, period, let alone a PC. Longshot, but cool if he was in.

you also contradict yourself, when you say you don't want any more Mario or Link clones but you want Dr. Mario, to be the sole exception. Sorry pal, it doesn't exactly work that way... you either have clones or not.. and hopefully the answer is not, as clones are unoriginal and therefore dissapointing. But then you say Birdo? Birdo is just a gender-cofused Yoshi, so there would be another probable clone.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
Any one want Zant in this, It would be pretey sweet on the villian side of the character selection.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
ganon is enough i think, hope he brings that sword this time!

McD

Smash Journeyman
Zant is just a fool, not a real villian
HAHAHAHA (FALCON YEHS!)

but yeah, Ganondorf was enough for melee :p
he'll be enough for this, since everyone gets there new costumes :D
And of course, maybe he will have a move change (yano, if he was the sword, or he won't be a "falcon type")

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I'm extremely disappointed Skull Kid wasn't listed on the poll once.
**** those voters! If they had their way Link would be replaced by that gaywad Tingle!

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
I got a prediction, cause Bomberman was one of the first games for SNES, and he has only ever been featured on Nintendo. I think he is more likely than even Megaman. This is based on the fact that Sakurai (supposedly) said that there is only going to be three third party characters

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Oh so you finally realized Skull Kid won't be in Brawl, huh?
Screw you. That piece of **** poll means nothing. It was just Sakurai humouring some stupid children. Skull Kid has a higher chance of being in than any other Zelda character
as decided NOW. By me. So there!

McD

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, even though skull kid doesn't have to great of a chance, I'm still dreaming :)

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Screw you. That piece of **** poll means nothing. It was just Sakurai humouring some stupid children. Skull Kid has a higher chance of being in than any other Zelda character
how does the poll mean nothing? every newcomer revealed on the dojo (expect maybe pokemon trainer, but I think he was indeed on there too) has been on the list. Most of them had multiple postings on the list.

Ike, Dedede, Diddy Kong, and Lucas confirmed as playable characters and they all have multiple entires on the list. and you think this is just mere coincidence?

its not just a poll, its Sakurai's poll. And that necessarily means it matters.

I think its safe to say that any more newcomers are most likely going to come from the list.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm gonna LMAO if Skullkid is confirmed as AT tomorrow.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
Skull kids a cool idea. There are more deserving characters thow, although it would be awesome. Ridley is more than worthy...hell I dont think any of us are worthy for Ridley lol. I would like to see Knuckles and Tails join the Brawl, just because we already got Sonic.

LegendOfGeno

Smash Rookie
Skull Kid..................................don't make me laugh..................................

The sad thing is I can see him actually being an assist trophy *sigh*

Han

Smash Rookie
All in all, I believe that the S. Poll has correlation with the characters who get into Brawl, however, I think it is only one part of influence on the decision of who gets in and who is left out. The S. Poll gives us a good idea of characters who are being considered, but based on the poll alone, we can't make any assumptions.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
really then what is the point of the poll, isn't the point of the poll to get a valid statistic of what the people of Japan (and elsewhere) are thinking who they want in Brawl?

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
All in all, I believe that the S. Poll has correlation with the characters who get into Brawl, however, I think it is only one part of influence on the decision of who gets in and who is left out. The S. Poll gives us a good idea of characters who are being considered, but based on the poll alone, we can't make any assumptions.
Sadly Correlation does not imply causation. I still think Geno will be in Brawl

-They need a Square rep
-He was in a Mario game
-He's SMRPG's most popular character

Krystal also has a very good chance, if not only because Star Fox needs another rep. Same thing with Ridley.

Pikmin needs a rep. Pikmin is Miyamoto's only major IP that doesn't have a rep. Olimar definitely has a good chance.

McD

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid..................................don't make me laugh..................................

The sad thing is I can see him actually being an assist trophy *sigh*
psh, Skull kid would be an amazing character. And a great way to relate back to N64 :)
which had the best zelda games :D (not in graphics of course, but the best gameplay)

Rakath

Smash Ace
Sadly Correlation does not imply causation. I still think Geno will be in Brawl

-They need a Square rep
-He was in a Mario game
-He's SMRPG's most popular character
The issue is that the first two are mutually exclusive arguements. If you wish for a Square Rep, look at Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy 1 to 6, and very Square labeled characters. Geno isn't a rep of Square because he was made by Square for a Mario game. Most people don't even relate him to Square until after Square was used as an arguement against his inclusion.

Note that this isn't me saying Geno shouldn't or won't be in Brawl, just that he will get in despite his 3rd party status, not as a 3rd party rep.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
If Skull Kid wasn't a playable character in Melee (when he was actually relevant), why would be be playable now?

Still have hope for Krystal!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
skull kid is awesome but ridley is too big lol hell be an at

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
yea they can make Ridley smaller. Technically the characters are trophies so they should be around the same size generally

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
The issue is that the first two are mutually exclusive arguements. If you wish for a Square Rep, look at Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy 1 to 6, and very Square labeled characters. Geno isn't a rep of Square because he was made by Square for a Mario game. Most people don't even relate him to Square until after Square was used as an arguement against his inclusion.

Note that this isn't me saying Geno shouldn't or won't be in Brawl, just that he will get in despite his 3rd party status, not as a 3rd party rep.
Remember he is only putting in three 3rd party. If Geno is a 3rd party character then I think there are more deserving characters for Brawl. Not saying Geno should not be in brawl just that there are more deserving characters

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Remember he is only putting in three 3rd party. If Geno is a 3rd party character then I think there are more deserving characters for Brawl. Not saying Geno should not be in brawl just that there are more deserving characters
My point is that he's a third party character that is also kind of first party, and that's what improves his chances. He's also really popular.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now where did it ever say he's only putting in 3 3rd party characters?

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Um, you guys do realize that nothing distinguishes a "3rd Party Character" and an "X Representative" besides the fact that Sakurai refers to 3rd parties as "Guest Characters"? Geno could act as BOTH a Square representative, and a Mario character; ergo increasing his chances in Brawl, as well as the fact that he's popular.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
Now where did it ever say he's only putting in 3 3rd party characters?

i dont know exactly but i remember him saying that there were only going to be 3 third party characters. I think it was from an old trailer. he could add some more wit the given time from that but i seriously doubt he would go back on his word, sakurai of course. it would be asome if he did though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i dont know exactly but i remember him saying that there were only going to be 3 third party characters. I think it was from an old trailer. he could add some more wit the given time from that but i seriously doubt he would go back on his word, sakurai of course. it would be asome if he did though
Ok, even the person who translated that said he NEVER said that

Top Bottom