• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ya, but dark samus is a bigger threat to the universe, plus i like phazon.
Like Hell it is...Ridley has a bigger connection to Samus and the series at a whole...

Dark Samus is just in the sucky Prime games.

Ridley has history...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley has a bigger connection to Samus?
Dark samus has her DNA and old suit!
Ridley murdered her family and caused her life style to change into what it is, her being a bounty hunter, being raised by the Chozo and eventually becoming a Bounty Hunter...

Ridley is her eternal nemesis

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
He did?
anyway, it doesn't hurt to have 4 reps, now is it?
Also, as long as either DS or Rid gets in, I will be happy.
P.S:I'm glad they have a random charecter button. I could never chooese in SSBM.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He did?
anyway, it doesn't hurt to have 4 reps, now is it?
Also, as long as either DS or Rid gets in, I will be happy.
P.S:I'm glad they have a random charecter button. I could never chooese in SSBM.
You could select a random character in Melee...It didn't need a button but I guess if this random didn't show your character until the match started it would be different.

Anyway we don't know if it will be in the final version

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
In the character select screen, if you placed your token in the empty space to the left of Pichu or to the right of Roy, it would make a random choice.

Rash

Smash Ace
After already seeing confirmations of characters high on this list, I have a good feeling about Olimar's and Ridley's chances, particularly.

McD

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how would "Steven Stone" Fit in?
I don't know him, but Pokemon is awsome, so I'm curious :)???

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, Steven is a Pokemon Trainer (he's the Champion in RS and the uber trainer (like Red in GSC) in Emerald) so they'd probably make him like...the Pokemon Trainer just with different Pokemon like Metagross and Aggron. Or maybe he could be a boss in SE even though he's not very evil-like.

I wouldn't imagine his chances being very high...

McD

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I see, so like, a story line type character for Pokemon Trainer?
huh, interesting. I guess that'd be kinda cool.
If there was another pokemon trainer, the game could get to clashed I guess.

Thanks for informing me on that though Devastlian :)

McD

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, ZSamus is beginning to be so popular that they are gonna make it to where you can somehow automatically start out as her probably. As you said, like how Sheik was.
I beleive the demo didn't have anything like that, but it still would be really really nice :p

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
i think that dark samus will be a costume of samus
That would be F***in' sweet and a good idea. They need to start making some of the alternate colors alternate costumes too. Like, Samus/Dark Samus, Mario/Dr. Mario, Link/Shadow Link/(maybe even Fierce Diety??) Although for those examples they would have to make their moves a little different looking. But yeh, apparently they are catching on with that. (Peach/Daisy, Fox/Wolf)

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
they already did that with link to dark link so many chars will just be costumes which is pretty cool way to add chars that people want

McD

Smash Journeyman
That would be F***in' sweet and a good idea. They need to start making some of the alternate colors alternate costumes too. Like, Samus/Dark Samus, Mario/Dr. Mario, Link/Shadow Link/(maybe even Fierce Diety??) Although for those examples they would have to make their moves a little different looking. But yeh, apparently they are catching on with that. (Peach/Daisy, Fox/Wolf)
It'd be sweet yes, but omg, I'd much rather prefer a whole new Metroid Prime/Dark Samus character.
Using PHAZON! (sp?) THAT'D BE AWSEOME
phazon...fazon...phazon?
I'm going phazon...

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
they would have to work twice as hard and its not worth it cuz they look the same and its easier to be a costume

McD

Smash Journeyman
they would have to work twice as hard and its not worth it cuz they look the same and its easier to be a costume
its a new character
its the same as making any other character
different attacks
its not like we don't know Dark Samus isn't in, its still up in the air (obv.)
so who knows, I think its unlikely, but it would be really nice.
Although Dark Samus would look really cool (for a costume), there are a couple things that don't go...

1. Dark Samus transforming into ZSamus??? ummm... hows that going down, is it just me or has Dark ZSamus never been shown??

2. THEY ARE SO DIFFERENT!
When have you ever seen Dark Samus rolling up in a ball and bombing

Val-Lynn

Smash Rookie
its a new character
its the same as making any other character
different attacks
its not like we don't know Dark Samus isn't in, its still up in the air (obv.)
so who knows, I think its unlikely, but it would be really nice.
Although Dark Samus would look really cool (for a costume), there are a couple things that don't go...

1. Dark Samus transforming into ZSamus??? ummm... hows that going down, is it just me or has Dark ZSamus never been shown??

2. THEY ARE SO DIFFERENT!
When have you ever seen Dark Samus rolling up in a ball and bombing
A potential moveset for Dark Samus I made a while back on the Nsider forums. I opted to name Dark Samus "Metroid Prime" rather than "Dark Samus".

Metroid Prime
Siz: 4
Wht: 2
Pwr: 3
Spd: 3
Jmp: 4

Prime is about the size of Samus, but weighs considerable less. Like Mewtwo, Prime hovers across the ground as it quickly jabs with its claws.

A Button - Left slash (1-3%)
A Button 2nd - Right uppercut (3-6%)
A while dashing – Shoulder tackle (2-12%)
Left or Right and A – Groin kick (4-12%)
Up and A – Somersault kick (6-14%)
Down and A – Slams the ground with cannon and creates small Phazon blast (8-16%)
Smash Left or Right and A – Thrusts out arm cannon (7-20%)
Smash up and A – Holds up hand and creates small Phazon fire (1-26%)
Smash down and A – Drops down and does a split (6-19%)
A button in air – A small Phazon blast emits from its body (5-17%)
Forward and A in air – Swipes at foe with claw (6-11%)
Backward and A in air – Kicks with leg (5-14%)
Up and A in air – 180 degree upward slash (5-11%)
Down and A in air – Slam foe with both feet (8-17%)

Grab – Similar to Grapple beam, only blue Phazon color (0%)
A or Z – Knees opponent (1-3%)
Forward – Punches foe away with arm cannon (5-12%)
Backward – Flings opponent back and fire a Phazon Blast at them (4-15%)
Up – Tosses foe upward (3-6%)
Down – Throws opponent to the ground and dropkicks them (4-9%)

B – Phazon Blast (3-30%)
This move works like Samus’s Charge shot, as it also can be charged. However, single shots are smaller and weaker, with limited homing abilities. Charged blasts fire up to five small blasts at the same time, still with homing capabilities.

> B – Phazon Flame (1-3% per half-second)
Holds out its arm cannon and emits blue flames. This move is similar to Bowser’s Flame Breathe, and will decrease in distance the longer it is used.

^ B – Phazon Comet (6-16%)
This move is similar to Fox’s old Fire Fox attack, and is similar in appearance to the Screw Attack. Dark Samus turns into a living ball of Phazon and then lunges in the direction the control stick points.

v B – Phazon Shield (6-12%)
Dark Samus slams the ground, causing a small blue force field to appear around her. This move can be used to reflect projectiles.

Final Smash – Corruption
Dark Samus transforms into her true from (Final boss from Metroid Prime) and emits hugs Phazon shockwaves around her. All opponents hit by this will be “Corrupted” and their damage percentage will gradually rise fairly quickly (3% per second) until they are KOed.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
(sniffle) Whenever I hear that Geno has a shot to be playable in this game.....I simply tear up. Its just so beautiful.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
(sniffle) Whenever I hear that Geno has a shot to be playable in this game.....I simply tear up. Its just so beautiful.
....................................................................................................wow

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I hope Vivian from paper mario 2 is playable.....she would be unique and fun to play as. :)

*prepares self for "No she sukz" or "She has no chance you fail"* :urg:

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
She has a shot. The question is if there's room.

On the bright side, if she isn't, she might be a sure shot for SSB4

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
i hope Vivian is in Brawl, cause she got a shot for it
why vivian, paper mario or paper luigi should make it in. or even putting them together like the ice climbers. anyway, i dont think vivian will make it unless paper mario or luigi makes it in. It would be cool to have vivian though.

Top Bottom