• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Chepe

Smash Lord
Geno fans only have Square Enix's cooperation to fear... Its very likely Sakurai will have tried to use him seeing how popular he was requested. Krystal is in and we just dont know it (its too easy to guess), and Ridley and Olimar are very likely...

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
personally, i expect Olimar and Krystal.

ridley and geno are still up in the air for me. ridley could still go either way as playable or boss, and geno depends on how cooperative square wants to be (and N, for that matter.) they have some bad blood.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno fans only have Square Enix's cooperation to fear... Its very likely Sakurai will have tried to use him seeing how popular he was requested. Krystal is in and we just dont know it (its too easy to guess), and Ridley and Olimar are very likely...
I have confirmed information that Sakurai in the least asked around about Geno!!!

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Geno as a third party char would suck. He isn't even a true 3rd party...

It would be nice if Nintendo bought the rights to Geno from SquareEnix and could use him in future games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...It seems most of the new haters of Geno seem to hate him only because their favorite character was deconfirmed...

Rakath

Smash Ace
personally, i expect Olimar and Krystal.

ridley and geno are still up in the air for me. ridley could still go either way as playable or boss, and geno depends on how cooperative square wants to be (and N, for that matter.) they have some bad blood.
Bad enough blood that Nintendo let Square make a crossover game between Dragon Quest and Super Mario Bros. for the DS?

Really, all that depends on if we get Geno is if Sakurai wants to up his count of 3rd parties to account for Geno being a Mario character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bad enough blood that Nintendo let Square make a crossover game between Dragon Quest and Super Mario Bros. for the DS?

Really, all that depends on if we get Geno is if Sakurai wants to up his count of 3rd parties to account for Geno being a Mario character.
Actually I think it relies more if Sakurai liked what he heard about Geno after he asked around

kilroy

Smash Journeyman

what game is this? my info could be out of date. after all, there was a black mage in Mario Hoops.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
It is impossible to beat Mario RPG and not love Geno. Geno haters are young kids who never played the greatness that is Mario RPG.

Rakath

Smash Ace
what game is this? my info could be out of date. after all, there was a black mage in Mario Hoops.
Itadaki Street DS. The Itadaki Street series is Board games akin to Mario Party, only the primary cast of each one is Dragon Quest. Itadaki Street games usually crossover with Final Fantasy and other in Square series, however DS is an exception. Its also the first Itadaki Street game that appears to have any shot at showing up stateside (as it was talked about in English video game magazines earlier).

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Itadaki Street DS. The Itadaki Street series is Board games akin to Mario Party, only the primary cast of each one is Dragon Quest. Itadaki Street games usually crossover with Final Fantasy and other in Square series, however DS is an exception. Its also the first Itadaki Street game that appears to have any shot at showing up stateside (as it was talked about in English video game magazines earlier).

Also a few pages ago I linked an image to add to the first post, for Sheeda. Since the little tiny pixely thing from FE1 is outdated by the preview pics for FE11. She looks prettier in this one.

pic updated. i hope they localize that new (old) FE game.

Rakath

Smash Ace
pic updated. i hope they localize that new (old) FE game.
See no reason they wouldn't, Fire Emblem is doing pretty well internationally thanks mostly to Melee.

My current theory on FE11 is that it'll be FE1 and FE3 plotlines, but the stat system and promotion system will be taken from FE9/10. The weapon system will still be FE1/3 (since the screens I saw showed Marth's stat page. It had weapons as Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Magic, Staff, but the Stats (Power, Magic, Skill, etc) were the FE10 make-up). I'm also assuming things like promotional stat caps will be tweaked. Certainly is prettier.

I'm also hoping FE12 if on the DS will be FE4+5.

glazedkoala

Smash Rookie
Well, it is nice that Dedede made it in as an actual character. I expected him in some form or the other. The only reason i ever doubted he'd be playable was b/c Kirby still had a hammer, and iceclimbers already do as well.

For whatever reason, the fact that he's actually playable gives me hope that maybe Ridley will be as well. If he's not, I'm almost positive he'll at least be a bomb.

I think Olimar could make a great addition to the game. They haven't put any characters in from new franchises (I guess the initial idea behind smash was to play as your favorite classics) unless you count Wario, since he is the wario ware version. Pikmin is a pretty popular game though, and both Olimar and the Pikmin found their way in as trophies last time, so I feel his chances are pretty good. If I had to bet on someone new, I'd bet on him. He'd be a fairly unique character too, using his pikmin to attack, and Sakurai seems to be trying to keep everybody pretty unique this time around.

I see no reason why Ganon won't return in some form. I'm willing to bet he'll be Ganondorf, and his FS will be transforming into Ganon (not unlike Bowser/Giga bowser).

McD

Smash Journeyman
I have confirmed information that Sakurai in the least asked around about Geno!!!
Hey PsychoIncarnate
I'm just wondering, how did you confirm Sakurai did ask around (Geno)

I'm not trying to debate you, just to clarify, just curious

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
I see....time to go meet them!!! *C0ck$ shotgun*...
EDIT: honestly idk y that would bleep that out if it wasnt used that way
it's not sensitive to context.

i'm not for Geno because i never played SMB RPG, and i'm 28. my friend, who has played SMB RPG and is 25, happens to hate Geno. Sonic was his most desired character.

therefore, i'm sure lots of people aren't for Geno for a number of reasons.

i don't really see the allure, but ok.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

i'm not for Geno because i never played SMB RPG, and i'm 28. my friend, who has played SMB RPG and is 25, happens to hate Geno. Sonic was his most desired character.

Well from the opposite perspective...I don't not see the allure (or whatever the opposite is)

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
that...doesn't make any sense (well, it technically does, but who uses double negatives?) ;) you see some allure, is what you want to say. you find something about Geno enticing.

glazedkoala

Smash Rookie
I'm not really for Geno if he's considered 3rd party, b/c I feel he hardly qualifies as non-nintendo, and it would be a sucky use of what is supposedly the last 3rd party slot. It'd be like using a Gameboy version of Link and claiming he's a capcom character... sort of. Mario RPG w as a Mario game. Any mario game character is Nintendo as far as i'm concerned, so if Geno's considered a Nintendo character I'm fine with him.

I think a lot of people also aren't for Geno simply b/c he's not really a big character. Characters like Megaman and Bomberman have been around since NES and are franchises of their own that have big followings.

On a side note: if bomberman get's in, i hope the one from bomberman zero is an alt costume. and if megaman get's in, i hope the megaman shown on the original U.S. Nintendo cartridge is an alt costume, just because it would be hilarious.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I've never even heard of Geno before people started clamoring for him in Brawl. I honestly don't care if he's in, all the characters revealed so far look like so much fun (particularly Bowser and Snake) that anyone else they add is just icing on the cake. Didn't really care if they included Dedede, but I already like the way he looks and am looking forward to trying him out.

So, basically, I'm saying that if they include Geno, okay; if not, no biggie.

They better use that Balloon Fighter beta-character from Melee coding to make a Tingle character though...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

I never played the neither and i still want him (^^)v...and that because yur freind is a SEGA fan (^^)v

McD

Smash Journeyman
I've played Mario RPG, amazing game, I think everyone can agree on that. But I for one was not a big Geno fan, I mean, he was AWSOME! but It is not a big deal to me whether or not he is in. Really, I want him in because so many other smashers do, and it would be a dissapointment to them if he doesn't get in :)

My main votes are for somebody who has a good chance not to get in, and thats skull kid...
but thats a whole other topic :)

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
I've played Mario RPG, amazing game, I think everyone can agree on that. But I for one was not a big Geno fan, I mean, he was AWSOME! but It is not a big deal to me whether or not he is in. Really, I want him in because so many other smashers do, and it would be a dissapointment to them if he doesn't get in :)

My main votes are for somebody who has a good chance not to get in, and thats skull kid...
but thats a whole other topic :)
your right the game was amazing, but i think Mallow from smrpg should get the star light in the game. I never really used geno anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never saw a point for Mallow because he didn't heal as well as Peach and didn't do as much damage as Geno

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
I never saw a point for Mallow because he didn't heal as well as Peach and didn't do as much damage as Geno
there were key equipment items that said they were made for everyone, but did significantly well for mallow. one was the safty ring, on others it blocked magic sometimes, but when mallow wore it, all magic type attacks would not hurt him.

also, he is able to earn more health than anyone else in the game. even though bowser started out with more, you could earn a lot more with mallow.

the ultamate team is

Mario with lazy shell weapon, best close, and the badge you get from culex.

Mallow with sonic symbols, work pants, and the safty ring.

and Peach on the end with her almost any of the final weapons, lazy shell armor, and the anditode pen.

with the lazy shell armor on peach, she would almost never die, and she could revive all of you other characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to disagree with that....Geno has been on every"Ultimate team" on fan sites

Boofer

Smash Ace
Geno, Olimar, Krystal and Isaac. <-----I'm almost certain that at least 2 of those 4 will be in.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
mario rpg was the first game i ever played but i don't think geno is a good character for the game. thats just my opion. mostly because he would be taking up the last 3rd party character spot and i think they can do alot better than that.....srry geno fans

srry krystal and ridley come first in my book

Top Bottom