• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Holy crap, the last time I looked at this list it was like 15 people. Now it is like 50! I'm glad they actually have some really good names on there. But some of them are just weird. The blue virus from doctor mario? WTF?

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
This list is getting huge, I cannot wait until they start announcing so I know who to lose hope in.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure it's just the order he's added them in.

Also, keep in mind that the list is not definitive. All characters that appear in the game might not be on the list, just like all of the characters on the list will not be in the game.

And finally, the poll is open for Japanese gamers only, Great Marth. So unless you can speak Japanese, you're out of luck.

There are tutorials online about how to vote for your favorite characters. You'll have to find those on your own.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
thanks forr doing this flip! I hope everyone has been boosting your rep for this!

Petey Piranha FTW!
Also good from the list: Toad, Megaman, Geno, Ridley, ChibiRobo, Tom Nook, and.. the Viruses. I also kinda like Professor Kawashima. That'd just be strange.

hmm... I should have been japanese, my tastes do not fit the American standard...

Characters that sound dumb: Lolo and Lala, Hammer Bros, Wind Waker Link, Link's Uncle, Dr. Wright, Krystal, Koopa Troopa, and Banker.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
KingMewtwo1112 said:
"Athletic" is the name of the one track on Yoshi's Island for Donut Lifts. I too support for it to go in. :laugh:
Actually, I think all the "fast" overworld tracks in Mario games are "Athletic." The other common names, because they're so lazy, are like "Dungeon," "Underworld," "Field," "...in the Sky," "Water," etc. Not too imaginative, eh? Though recent Mario games have started doing descriptive titles, just like the Mario RPGs.

And thanks for the support guys. Does the rep actually do anything?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Oh my God, suddenly lots of people I want are on the list. All we need is someone to mention Ray 01 and I'll die a happy man.

And Marx...*glee*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Kal aMari said:
Oh my God, suddenly lots of people I want are on the list. All we need is someone to mention Ray 01 and I'll die a happy man.

And Marx...*glee*
Was not he already mentioned?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Ray 01 was mentioned, wasn't he? There's definitely a Custom Robo suggestion :D

EDIT: I had a crazy idea for Marx, if he's included. He can morph, like Zelda, but it's done a little differently. Normally you play as Marx riding his ball, which is magically always connected to him, and follows him if it gets lost so he can jump back on it. Most of his attacks involve throwing himself from the ball, kicking the ball, bouncing, etc., but what's really unique is his Up B: instead of doing a typical third jump, he morphs into his Final Form from Superstar, and gains temporary flight and some super abilities from that form. This lasts for about 8 seconds before Marx returns to normal, dizzy and easily targetable, and then plummets like he's just done a third jump. I don't know how else to nerf it :p But his "super" form would lack any A attacks or throws; just the four B attacks, and the ability to cancel the transformation early by pressing Z and B or some other combination like that. I also thought his Super Smash Attack could be something where he temporarily turns into his Final Form, and then does the black hole attack where he splits in two and sucks in anybody nearby for a ton of damage. Cool, neh?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Then I can die a happy man, indeed. ^_^
...But not before getting this game!

As for Marx, I'm more *glee* over the fact that he could be in it in any way possible. Unlike Ridley, I would not mind him as a boss (unless sucking everybody into a black hole counts as a B^ :)). His attacks lose a lot of the flair that is Marx if they're not uber-powerful, take-off-quarter-of-your-health like they are in the game. I personally don't think he'd make a good transition into a playable character.

But hey, I have full faith that Sakurai can pull this off. He's done it twice before, yes? :)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Well, a lot of the answers to the poll are to keep characters as well. Yoshi and Pikachu have appeared; so have Fox and Falco. People just don't include them in "THE BIG LIST LOL" because, well... we pretty much assumed they were there. Hell, we KNOW Pikachu is there :p

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Wow, Magnus Gallant? I mean, I'm a fan of Ogre Battle, and I know he has no chance, but I'm just surprised to see him on "the list". Really, though, a more recurring character in Ogre Battle should make it if any. Someone like Canopus Wolff [Pit with a spear] or Quass Debonaire. Alas, the pain of stars outshining their superior second-hand characters.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo Diddy Kong solo

eskimoparade

Smash Apprentice
BentoBox said:
Heh, I found those pics ugly thus why I posted the ones above :p. They're all megamans to me~

And I still don't get why you people want ridley in so much...

As a boss maybe. But as a playable character, definately not..

shush, you

TripleWordScore

Smash Rookie
A CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED: BABY RIDLEY

I notice Simon Belmont has made it onto the list- this is good news. Personally though, I'd rather see Dracula himself. He's been in pretty much every Castlevania game ever, and he's had plenty of moves over the years they could have him use. Hell fire triple Fireball for superior victory. That, and he'd look positively awesome fighting.

Possibly a little confusion with the name, though. But only if you have no idea about the Castlevania series or you're unable of thinking on a higher level than "what should I have for breakfast." Or both.
ZOMG NITENDO U DONT OWN DARCULAE J. K. ROLINS DOSE :mad: :mad: :mad:

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
First, watch double posting dude; don't wanna get modded :p

Second off, yeah, Marx is the villain from Milky Way Wishes. If you sit on the title screen you can see him riding a ball and chatting with Kirby about stopping the Sun and Moon from fighting, and then if you beat the game... well, I won't spoil it :p But it's cool, and one of the coolest Kirby bosses ever. I can't really find a decent pic anyways, so I might as well not spoil it XD

And as much as a I dislike Ridley being playable (IMO, Samus should be the only playable Metroid character ever, considering Metroid games are solely focused on her escapades, and nobody else's), you gotta admit: the Boss Music when you fight him in Super Metroid would pwn in Brawl.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I'm making a complete list with pictures of every character mentioned, when I am done I'll post it here.

eskimoparade

Smash Apprentice
even if it is based on her, she has many prominent foes. such as the space pirates, ridley, and many characters from first hunt.

sorry about the dbl, but i couldnt find a delete function, and i wasnt aware i was the last poster when i did it.

Im looking forward to megaman if they can get him. if they put him in they need zero

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
The only ones in the list that I want to see:
kilroy said:
Megaman (Megaman)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Geno (Super Mario Bros. RPG)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
Toad (Super Mario Bros. 2)
Link (Wind Waker)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Ridley (Metroid)
Little Mac (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!!)
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Wolf (Star Fox)
No Paper Mario, Waluigi, Pac-Man or even Sonic?

icymatt

Smash Lord
It's still going for another week.

Maybe they're saving the Sonic suggestion, or somebody hasn't sent in a good Pro-Sonic comment yet("ad sonic hez so kewl kthnx")

parrothead

Smash Lord
I don't even see any of these characters:

Demiru/Demille (Tomato Adventure)
Stafy (Legend of Stafy)
Michael Anderson in his ST Falcon (Battle Clash and Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge)
Alice (Balloon Kid and Balloon Fight GB)
Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe)
Sablé and Richard (not a tag-team) (Kaeru No Tame Ni Kane Wa Naru (A Bell Tolls for the Frog) (Japan-Only)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth)
Hakkun (Sutte Hakkun)
Foreman Spike/Blackey (Wrecking Crew)
Hiro (Card Hero)
Anyone from Magical Vacation 1 and/or 2
Fighter Hayabusa (Pro Wrestling)
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Cupid (Sennen Kazoku)
R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy accessory)
Mike Jones (StarTropics and Zoda's Revenge; not to be confused with the rapper)
Tin Star (Tin Star)
Tamagon (Devil World)
Isaac (Golden Sun 1 and 2)
Rick Wheeler/Ryu Suzaku (F-ZERO GP Legend and F-ZERO Climax)
Anyone from Monster Tactics
Mark (Pokemon Trading Card Game for GB 1 and 2)
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong 3 arcade, NES, and Game & Watch)
Flint (MOTHER 3/GBA EarthBound)

AND not even

Sheriff (Sheriff arcade)

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
have they said anything regarding ganondorfs moves yet

and i heard he was mentioned on a japanese poll is this true

icymatt

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm pretty sure G'dorf's moveset has been commented upon. I just don't know what he was saying he wanted it to change to.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
parrothead said:
Sheriff (Sheriff arcade)
Wasn't that game only in Japan?
Marth 616 said:
Do you mean Paper Mario as one of Mario's costume?
I'm not sure that would really work. He should only be in the game if he has different moves.

Top Bottom