• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, I already have it in, OS. Why do you think ROB's tied for third in the summer season right now? : P

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Weird, when did summer season start? I've won 8 tournaments in a row now... although some of them were dinky and don't really count XD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The May 31/June 1 weekend was the last one I counted toward spring. So, yeah. Smash & Coffee would be your first win toward the summer season rankings.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
****, and I'm probably not going to Michigan this weekend. :(

Oh well. Chesterfield will help :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Thread link?
goodkid, have Yoru or Brightside contact me or post here, then.

Adapt

Smash Lord
MK has 2 "top 2" in the full list, but none in the summer list

top 2 is for summer list and newer (right?)
so i think theres a problem there

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
The addition of top2 at 3.5 makes me want top4 at 2. 2.5 was like a compromise number due to top 2 not being separate. But now that top 2 is separate from top4, top4 needs to get kicked down a notch.

Thanks for starting separating top2 though. It really does make more sense, and you picked a good point value for it too. Sorry for constantly voicing my opinions on how points should be set up. I just don't like results being skewed by point values.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Yeah, some of these are supposed to be on Spring, but Cave V is summer. I may be able to fill in some blanks later.

AllYouCanBrawl (5/31/08) http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=975
1. tink(Wario, ROB, Wolf)
2. mendoza(Lucario)
3. yoru(DDD)
4. swi(Snake, Marth)
5. quik
5. cunning kitsune aka Clockw0rk (MK)
7. drew
7. Infernohit (G&W)

Cave I (3/29/08) http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=530
1. Brightside aka Clockw0rk (MetaKnight)
2. Dave(Kirby)
3. Zjiin(Snake)
4. Yoru(Pit)
5. Kels (MK)
5. Eddie(Marth)
7. DareStick (Olimar)
7. Ban Heim (Marth)

Cave III (5/3/08) http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=658
1. Cosmo(G&W)
2. Mendoza(Lucario)
3. Tink(Wario)
4. Elite Grimm(PT)
5. Les (MK)
5. Brawlsdeep
7. Ctip (Wolf)
7. Looshkin(Snake)

Cave IV (5/24/08) http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=805
1. Tapion(Snake)
2. Brightside(MetaKnight)
3. Les(MetaKnight)
4. Mendoza(Lucario)
5. Mike
5. Ryzen(Falco)
7. Looshkin (Snake)
7. Zjiin(Snake)

Cave V (6/7/08) http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1084
1. Brigthside(MK)
2. Yoru(DDD)
3. Excel (ROB, Snake)
4. psyke (MK)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It might, but I'm not willing to look back through 50+ tournaments and recalculate just to find out.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Wow man didnt know Donkey Kong was pretty good now, use to main DK in melee but to hard to win match against fox and all that, now i main snake because he top tier so i can beat my friends easily

Nice thread anyway

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
It'snot that fair yet though. Some characters just haven't had many people playing as them to give them a fair chance. The number of tournament entries that have used Snake & Meta Knight is extremely high. Will cause too many arguements claiming this as official at this point. Wait for MLG to kick out some decent games =). Psy.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, re-re-RE-revised the list. Hopefully this is all the changing around I'll have to do for a while.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Okay, re-re-RE-revised the list. Hopefully this is all the changing around I'll have to do for a while.
So great. You even knew that the next thing I was going to suggest was doubling all the point values so there wouldn't be any more annoying .5s everywhere. :D

But yeah, I've been giving you a lot of work re-vising this list, I'll go through the old threads and get the top2s for you to make up for it. Give me some time though. Haha. ;)

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
The size of the tournament should affect how many points the winners get. Someone who repeatedly does well at biweeklies could easily steal the thunder of someone who wins a nationwide tourney, under the current system. Also, I think points should be awarded according to what place a character got with as much specificity as possible.

I'm sure it's possible for someone to come up with a formula where you input a characters place and the # of total entrants, then it spits out an appropriate point value. That way, you could have input from anyone in the whole tourney, even if you only have info on the top 8 and random people throughout the rest of the placings.

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
Ike has better tourney results than Toon Link??? Either no one plays Toon Link, or he really isn't as good as people think.

Ilex

Smash Ace
It's funny how Lucario literally came out of nowhere, and he's just getting higher by the week. It's seems like the Top 7 (Snake, MK, DDD, Marth, Wario, G&W, ROB) will have to watch their tails for him :O

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how Lucario literally came out of nowhere, and he's just getting higher by the week. It's seems like the Top 7 (Snake, MK, DDD, Marth, Wario, G&W, ROB) will have to watch their tails for him :O
Because who expected the telepathic dog with blue fire coming out of his hands?

*cough*

Browny

Smash Hater
bah, its gonna take a while for lucario to amass enough points to make the jump into high tier >_>

curse there not being any brawl tourneys in australia, i must do my part to help him :D

Trozz

Smash Ace
Thanks for their aliases. I'll youtube stalk them to see how they deal with tourney juggernauts like MK and Snake.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
im sure this has been mentioned before, but im gonna spend the time to read all 40 pages...

but the "point value" system should not be cumulative. it should be RATIO of won tournies to top placings to top4 to etc. etc. the higher the ratio, the higher the placing. if you keep it cumulative, then it incorporates POPULARITY of the character. yes yes i realize that popular characters are usually the better characters, but that is subjective and that element should not be incorporated if ure trying to make an objective list based solely on data. for example, the entire east coast could all just start using ICz just for fun, and before long ICz would be S-tier. obviously thats wrong, and right now, the list is just a popularity contest. nothing else. unless thats what ure going for. but as for a rough 'tier' list to give ppl an idea of what characters are performing the best in tournies, a ratio would be much more accurate.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This isn't a tier list. If Snake and Meta Knight aren't the best characters, they certainly will be the most common, and thus the most important characters to look out for anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom