• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Smash Master
Ohi

I missed you shadowlink :OOOO

Also, Diddy's seem to taken a major upwards spike since I last saw this list? What's happened in the past couple o months?
Where did you go? I remember seeing you posting all the time and confusing you with someone else, I think it was RDK.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Critical Hit 4.5 - Results (MD/VA)- 12/13/08

1: Azen Zagenite (Peach/Marth/King Dedede/Diddy Kong)*
2: Chu Dat (Kirby)
3: Snakee (Zero Suit Samus)
4: Atomsk (King Dedede)
5: Ninjalink (R.O.B./Diddy Kong)*
5: BlackWaltz (Olimar)
7: Candy (Snake)
7: Korn (Metaknight)

*-I don't how often they used each character.
Snakeee representing ZSS at a big tourney!

5th at the other large tourney, and now 3rd here.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
snakeee is so good!

azen's strategizing skills are unstoppable

i love the solid roster of chars that he plays, seems to have no weaknesses

metaXzero

Smash Champion
again? lol in melee fox was the best character
Falco had the advantage in the match-up, and Falco has better tournament results then Fox (along with Marth and some other character(s)). Yes, Fox has the highest potential of all Melee characters, but few can reach and maintain it.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
WOW why is DK so far down there? weeklies dont count then im sure. cuz BUM takes everything hosted in nyc. do your homework.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Yeah, Melee Marth required a lot less skill then melee falco or fox. Like, you had to read a walkthrough to do a lot of the drill/shine comboes etc, I mean I am not saying it is that hard, but it is a lot harder than Marth. I think melee Marth is easier to play than Brawl MK. MK might be a stronger character compared to the rest of the cast than Marth in melee, but Marth (melee) was easier for me to get used to.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
WOW why is DK so far down there? weeklies dont count then im sure. cuz BUM takes everything hosted in nyc. do your homework.
The thing is the bigger tournaments are generally worth like 100 point if you win? If you win a weekly you only add like 1-8 points or so if you have -less 20 people and small cover charge. The big tournaments are crazy for points, you have like 70 people forking over 20 dollars each, that is where the points are at, otherwise you'd have Bum's all around the country beating a small group of people that could be way less skilled then they are, at least with Bum's group we know they are all skilled, but it would just lead to inaccurate scoring otherwise.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
trust ankoku, he set up the numbers to accurately reflect the stats that he gets.

@SL84
lol, it could be done, but it wasnt done...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Do my homework? How about New York does its homework and actually puts down some results? I get results from BUM's weeklies like once every two months.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
My point was it does make SOME sense for some people to think that Falco is better then Fox.
Hmm okay I am convinced.

Do my homework? How about New York does its homework and actually puts down some results? I get results from BUM's weeklies like once every two months.
Sorry I had the opportunity to go to them purely to get the results and keep forgetting to go.

Fletch

Smash Master
Yeah, Melee Marth required a lot less skill then melee falco or fox. Like, you had to read a walkthrough to do a lot of the drill/shine comboes etc, I mean I am not saying it is that hard, but it is a lot harder than Marth. I think melee Marth is easier to play than Brawl MK. MK might be a stronger character compared to the rest of the cast than Marth in melee, but Marth (melee) was easier for me to get used to.
Absolutely not. Marth gets ***** a lot harder for mistakes than MK ever does, but we won't get into this here.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You take those results? They ban D3's infinite.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You take those results? They ban D3's infinite.
IIRC, every Atlantic North tournament does that. I'm not entirely sure of the impact it has on the overall results, but disregarding an entire region over a banned infinite would likely affect my list as much as disregarding Texas' tournament results because they allow stages that most regions don't, or disregarding Cali's tournaments because they don't allow certain stages that most regions do. We'll see.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@NZA

thats how you would put it if ness has a tourney ranking thread, but in the general character ranking thread, this doesnt really cut it.

check the last page or two for examples of proper formatting

@ankoku, good decision.
who is that in your sig now, cus it looks like the same person in mine.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
IIRC, every Atlantic North tournament does that. I'm not entirely sure of the impact it has on the overall results, but disregarding an entire region over a banned infinite would likely affect my list as much as disregarding Texas' tournament results because they allow stages that most regions don't, or disregarding Cali's tournaments because they don't allow certain stages that most regions do. We'll see.
I think it might just maybe, just maybe be a prime reason why Bum can do well with DK there. Might be a little bit bigger of an issue than "Texas plays on pictochat" :p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll have to delay data collection until we the SBR get our **** together and make an official ruling on the Dedede infinites, then.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i've been saying the whole SBR can hhkj' themselves for awhile.
no offense to ankoku, but he or someone back there should have known that and told him.

they clearly arn't doing **** right

EDIT - arn't we supposed to tell you when things are banned ankoku?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom