• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies

babybaby 12

Smash Cadet
What does =/= mean?

Anyway, DeDeDe still sucks. Someone can be good @ using DeDeDe, but it doesn't change the fact that he sucks. Even Ness is better than him. At least Ness has a good projectile.

K 2

Smash Lord
(Pika vs. DDD)The matchup is 100-0 in Pikachu's favor.
This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.

=/= means does not equal to.

Ness is not better than DDD. Ness susks. DDD doesn't. DDD has a CG on almost half of the top/high tier.

babybaby 12

Smash Cadet
Ness is not better than DDD. Ness susks. DDD doesn't. DDD has a CG on almost half of the top/high tier.
Ness isn't that good, but at least he is not fat. Also he has PSI Magnet and PK Flash. He has more range than DDD, and PK Fire can be used to follow up with a Finisher.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Baby...just shut up unless you actually know something that you are talking about. DDD has tons more range, DDD is 3rd best. PK fire can be tap DI-ed out of, so it makes it much less of a threat.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This kid is too stupid for it not to be a joke.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That's what im thinking...but i have seen some really stupid people like on the SBR rules thing somebody said items and every stage should be used...so don't think it impossible...

M15t3R E

Smash Master
He's just an instance of a casual brawler, new to Smash Bros. in general, who thinks he has all the answers.
I see these kind of people too often.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
I'm a random mainer, so I like everyone (except sonic, it's hell when random gets me sonic in tourneys).
I think that definately pika pwns DDD, but i think it's not 90/10... more like 70/30 or 80/20, due to his good range, his incredible fatness, and excellent attack power. Unfortunately, due to the fact that pika is a "thunder-mouse god," awesomely fast, has some of the best aerials in the game, and has his downsmash (breakdance ftw), and a LOT of other minor things, dedede wont be able to hit him very much at all.
poor ddd, rest in peace...

p.s. i don't think that ness sucks THAT much... ironically he's not as good as Lucas, lol.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I'm a random mainer, so I like everyone (except sonic, it's hell when random gets me sonic in tourneys).
I think that definately pika pwns DDD, but i think it's not 90/10... more like 70/30 or 80/20, due to his good range, his incredible fatness, and excellent attack power. Unfortunately, due to the fact that pika is a "thunder-mouse god," awesomely fast, has some of the best aerials in the game, and has his downsmash (breakdance ftw), and a LOT of other minor things, dedede wont be able to hit him very much at all.
poor ddd, rest in peace...

p.s. i don't think that ness sucks THAT much... ironically he's not as good as Lucas, lol.
ness can do some serious aerial combos man

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Why dont we start with the matchups we all would agree we would have large difficulties? Although high tiers were meant to give us many difficulties, many low tiers give us problems as well. Just a suggestion.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Because i already started like this. Plus, the people who we have disadvantages on, galax covered a lot of those like marth, MK, and ROB. So im just gonna go down the tier list since most people play high tiers compared to low tiers, so you are going to need to know how to play those characters.

babybaby 12

Smash Cadet
IM doing it in order of tiers...
I don't know why tiers are such a big deal...read my older bro's signature(as I mentioned in a previous post, we use the same account). I never use to believe that, but when I saw Anther(Pikachu, #12) murder ROB(Overswarm, #4), I knew it was true. Also DeDeDe still sucks. Pokemon Trainer is better than DeDeDe. Sonic is better than DeDeDe. Sonic can dodge all of DeDeDe's attacks and kill him without getting hit. With Pokemon Trainer, he can change his playstyle by using Pokemon change if DeDeDe figures him out. Of course, even if he figures him out, Pokemon Trainer would still win.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is better than DeDeDe.
As you'll read in my previous post, I hate sonic more than anyone.

A good DeDeDe has excellent timing, and incredible dodging skills. I know, cuz i love slow characters. I highly doubt that a sonic could destroy a decent dedede (sonic's smashes are horrible IMO).

But, i think we all agree that pika destroys ddd.

*edit* week 16 guess: shiek?

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why tiers are such a big deal...read my older bro's signature(as I mentioned in a previous post, we use the same account). I never use to believe that, but when I saw Anther(Pikachu, #12) murder ROB(Overswarm, #4), I knew it was true. Also DeDeDe still sucks. Pokemon Trainer is better than DeDeDe. Sonic is better than DeDeDe. Sonic can dodge all of DeDeDe's attacks and kill him without getting hit. With Pokemon Trainer, he can change his playstyle by using Pokemon change if DeDeDe figures him out. Of course, even if he figures him out, Pokemon Trainer would still win.
Can you go make yourself look stupid in some other site? Please?

babybaby 12

Smash Cadet
As you'll read in my previous post, I hate sonic more than anyone.

A good DeDeDe has excellent timing, and incredible dodging skills. I know, cuz i love slow characters. I highly doubt that a sonic could destroy a decent dedede (sonic's smashes are horrible IMO).

You only hate Sonic bcuz ur not good at him.

If the Sonic is decent too, he can win. Have you seen Anther use Sonic??? He's really great with Sonic.

Sheik? Lol, Pikachu will KILL HER. 85-15 in Pikachu's favor, only because Sheik can't be comboed as well as DeDeDe.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Can you stfu and gtfo? Please? You're not even helping.
And you are helping? lol

If the Sonic is decent too, he can win. Have you seen Anther use Sonic??? He's really great with Sonic.

Sheik? Lol, Pikachu will KILL HER. 85-15 in Pikachu's favor, only because Sheik can't be comboed as well as DeDeDe.
You've been making many outlandish remarks which have no tournament results backing them up.
Recommendation: Take a look at our match-up thread and the match-up threads of other character boards to get an idea of Pikachu's strengths and weaknesses.
Then repeat this for every other character.

Sorry bro. We're well passed week 16. This needs to be updated.

Zylar

Smash Ace
OMSH! I haven't been on 'cuz of the holidays and all, and when I come on I read these HILARIOUS posts.

The matchup is 100-0 in Pikachu's favor. DeDeDe isn't even good i used him a few hours ago and he sucks. he's so fat Pikachu doesn't even have to worry about missing, especially if its Anther playing him. All you really have to do to beat DeDeDe is use Quick Attack and then use a killing move. DeDeDe is very slow and laggy, there's NOTHING he can do that will hit Pikachu. If he tried to use his Forward Smash, he could dodge it. So when someone using Dedede is up against Anther, they should just put it on "No Contest", otherwise they'll lose very badly, cause Anther is too good

Pikachu has a better Projectile a better means of escape, is faster, racks up damage faster, is a smaller target, a better recovery has better grabs, better specials, better tilts, better Smashes(they're not more powerful, but they're better), and looks better

So the winner is Pikachu by default!
If anything was 100-0, it would mean you WILL win. Pika vs. D3 is not because there is no guarantee that the pikachu player will win.
Just because you "used him a few hours ago" and decide for yourself "he sucks" doesn't mean it is true. Who did you play? Did you play in a tournament? Did you play people at tournaments AS D3 and AGAINST D3?
The answer is obviously no since your statements are so filled with your opinion and no hard facts. AT ALL.
Anther is not every pikachu player. Also, not every D3 players are the same. So your extreme generalization of this matchup is extremely poor. Which is one reason as to why many have pointed out that you are wrong.
No one wins by default.

Tiers exist because of different characters. If each character was EXACTLY the same there would be no tier list.
Dedede doesn't suck because of one video of Anther beating a Rob. Besides the sig just says watch Anther to understand pikachu. Not Dedede.
You again give no facts to prove that sonic or pokemon trainer are better than Dedede.

Can you stfu and gtfo? Please? You're not even helping.
This right here made me ROLFMAO! Your posts are by far a waste of space, because despite EVERYONE ELSE telling you that you're wrong you choose to fill the pika boards with biased unfounded posts. You are the one not helping.

Then you must hate Dedede because your not good at him. Hmm, maybe using your logic will help you understand. Just because you played with Dedede and sucked with him, doesn't mean he does suck.
Sonics can win, but they have a MUCH harder time with certain matchups. However just like with Dedede, pikachu, sonic and everyone else, the player is a HUGE factor for who wins.
Anther rocks with Sonic maybe because he's Anther!?!? Not entirely because of Sonic.
Yet another time you lack any proof that pika vs shiek is 85-15.

Look. Sorry for the rant there, but your behavior towards others and your obvious bias towards yourself promted me to write this.
Before making statements such as these, please, research your material. Even if you do it yourself, do it with frame data as to why d3 is so fat that NO ONE can use him and dodge ANY pikachu attack or land ANY attack on pikachu. Certainly his size and speed and pikachu's size and speed are a factor, yet basing an entire matchup on this extremely lacks critical thinking.
And a little advice for life. When you're wrong, the more you talk (or post) the worse it gets.
Be carelful of what you post for no on.
Because since you are new here, no one really knows you, so we get a first impression through your first posts. And you've made a very poor first impression, and basically lessened the importance of your opinion.
If you wish to continue to be here you have to understand your limits, knowledge, and place.

IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO POST BACK, YOU HAVE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING.

Oh and, Welcome to smashboards.:laugh::laugh::bee::bee::):)

gallax

Smash Hero
omg its been soooo crazy. i apologize about the long disappearance. working for disney is hectic. im definately going to start posting again. im back!!!!!!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
working for disney is hectic.
I know your pain. :ohwell: I didn't work for them for long, and I have no idea which area of the company you work in, but it definitely wasn't a magical world full of wonder & fun.

Welcome back!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
i've been diong the matchups for a while. So now are we gonna do 2 different threads? You could start from where i left off, or i can keep going and then the other can start from the bottom of the tier list. What do you think?

babybaby 12

Smash Cadet
"Just because you "used him a few hours ago" and decide for yourself "he sucks" doesn't mean it is true. Who did you play? Did you play in a tournament? Did you play people at tournaments AS D3 and AGAINST D3?"

I played my brother (Captain Falcon) as D3 and he KILLED me. He's so fat Captain Falcon was able to land every Falcon Punch on him. And people say Falcon sucks...

"Dedede doesn't suck because of one video of Anther beating a Rob."

ROB sucks too.

"Besides the sig just says watch Anther to understand pikachu. Not Dedede."

His sig says Tiers Are For Queers.

"You again give no facts to prove that sonic or pokemon trainer are better than Dedede."

Pokemon Trainer can counterpick a Pokemon Midmatch. Sonic can rack up damage on D3 without taking damage himself. The best people are Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, and Jigglypuff. Mario and Yoshi are pretty good too.

"Then you must hate Dedede because your not good at him."

Yep.

"However just like with Dedede, pikachu, sonic and everyone else, the player is a HUGE factor for who wins."

How come you caitalized Dedede, but not the others??

"Even if you do it yourself, do it with frame data as to why d3 is so fat that NO ONE can use him and dodge ANY pikachu attack or land ANY attack on pikachu."

Why do I need frame data to know that D3 is fat? I can see how fat he is just by looking at him

"Oh and, Welcome to smashboards.:laugh::laugh::bee::bee::):)"

Thanks.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Babybaby, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps you have no idea how to use DDD?
What he lacks in movement he more than makes up for in ranged attacks and chaingrabs.

Also, ROB doesn't suck. He has amazing projectiles, above average spacing techniques, a virtually instant d-smash, and a nair that kills at early percentages.

I'd recommend you look at tournament results. DDD and ROB win tournaments and get top 10 quite often.

babybaby 12

Smash Cadet
Babybaby, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps you have no idea how to use DDD?
What he lacks in movement he more than makes up for in ranged attacks and chaingrabs.

Also, ROB doesn't suck. He has amazing projectiles, above average spacing techniques, a virtually instant d-smash, and a nair that kills at early percentages.

I'd recommend you look at tournament results. DDD and ROB win tournaments and get top 10 quite often.
Yes, it has. The people I use are Pikachu, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer(I don't know why people say he sucks, he's really good), Jigglypuff, Sonic, Mario and Yoshi. In Melee I used Mew2 and Pichu.

ROB is good in the right hands, but I just don't like him.

DDD and ROB's results are pretty good. I guess DDD is the Blissey of SSBB(if you played Pokemon Diamond and Pearl on Wifi, you'll know what I mean). My brother used to see Blisseys all the time over Wifi. I know I went off topic, but I was just giving an example.

gallax

Smash Hero
what im going to do esam is put your matchup threads that you made in this matchup guide. if i do cover ddd and kirby(i think thats who you covered) then there will be another link below yours). but dont fret...your credit will be given and easily seen and thanked. i never take anyones work as my own.

Top Bottom