• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchup Help (COME HERE FOR ALL MATCHUP QUESTIONS)

TKD

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the Snake matchup is even, so the difficulty depends on how good your opponent is. I usually 2 stock Snake players. The best Snake players I know are...Soid, DSF and Hall. It was even, the last time I played each of them.

I don't know any decent Diddy, Donkey or Yoshi players, and don't have proof that they're even matchups. People seem to think about these matchups like that, so I went with it.

Every matchup besides these 4, and the ditto of course, is for sure, favorable for Meta Knight.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hasn't DK and even Snake recently moved away from Neutral though into the soft counter areas?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey guys, could you take a gander at this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5543996#post5543996

This is my draft for the match up analysis write up for MK vs Diddy.

Week #3
Metaknight

:metaknight:
Match-Up Estimate - 4: 6
[This match-up is slightly in Metaknight’s Favour]

Metaknight's Advantages:

• MK has several jumps, and can approach you in a variety of ways in order to get around your projectiles. This is one of his biggest advantages.
  • He has a disjointed hitbox, the sword. This alone gives him one of the best zoning/spacing tools in the game.
  • Metaknight is generally quicker with all of his attacks. Without bananas, you’ll be hard pressed to pressure him any where near as much as he is able to pressure you.
  • Superior Edge guarding ability. Be VERY careful if you’re going for an edge guard because MK is very apt at turning the tables quickly. Diddy’s recovery just begs a good gimp from MK.

Diddy's Advantages:

• Diddy has bananas. This is ALWAYS an advantage, but it needs to be reiterated here because Diddy’s bananas really are the key to winning this match up.
  • Many of Diddy’s advantages exist in the fact that aside from dodging around, Metaknight has few options against the bananas.
  • Diddy has a number of moves which will out-prioritize the Tornado. These include Bananas, Monkey Flip and even the F-tilt.
  • Diddy isn’t banned in Italy

Specific Match-Up Points:

• Diddy’s will come unstuck in this match up if they let the momentum of the match fall into the hands of Metaknight.
  • Don’t take to the skies against MK, unless you’re in the middle of a combo or otherwise aren’t blindly launching into an attack. MK’s aerial superiority will beat and punish you if you aren’t careful.
  • Recovering is a dangerous affair. Try to sweet spot the ledge with the Up B. You’re either going to have to recover quickly so that MK doesn’t have time to edge guard, or stall for a recovery that will hit through ledge hoggers or go over the edge onto the stage.

Strategic Notes:

• Basically, don’t let MK pressure you. Good MK’s will do all they can to stop you from using your bananas at all. So you’re going to have to wait for the right time to pull them. After a throw, after a forward tilt, whatever you can do to create the breathing space, that 3 second or so gap when you can do a retreating banana pull and grab it.
  • Once you have even just one banana out, you have to keep a cool head. Don’t just throw that banana and hope for the best. Remember, Brawl is a game of prediction and reaction. Once you’ve gotten a hit in, that’s when your standard Diddy lightning pressure play should kick in. MK is god tier, but every character suffers from the same weakness to bananas.
  • Recovering above the stage is VERY dangerous. Predict shuttle loop gimps and Air dodge!
This writeup is based on pretty old discussion, so feel free to rip it apart and tell me what I need to add/change. We need moar facts for it, seeing as it's a very important matchup to know.

Objective opinions are welcome : ]

Top Bottom