• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
How do you think they should work time travel into Okabe’s moveset? That was a pretty major theme of the show so I’d imagine it would likely be the basis for his moves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just to be clear, by Sunday, we do mean two days from now, right? Or did I misunderstand the timezones. D:

Cause I think if I'm reading the agreement right, Alm is tomorrow entirely, and then on my Sunday(it's the 1st where I am) it's Brian. Ironically I did have off today. XD

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Who here has watched the Stein’s Gate anime? I’d highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t seen it. It was a very entertaining watch and all the characters were fun.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
How do you think they should work time travel into Okabe’s moveset? That was a pretty major theme of the show so I’d imagine it would likely be the basis for his moves.
That's a tough question to be honest. Perhaps it could be implemented as a sort of "time rewind" counter special that plays out the last few seconds of the battle, but relinquishes control once you do something different?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That's a tough question to be honest. Perhaps it could be implemented as a sort of "time rewind" counter special that plays out the last few seconds of the battle, but relinquishes control once you do something different?
That’s a pretty cool idea. Time travel mechanics in fighting games are pretty tough to wrap my head around but Okabe would feel lacking without at least something. I wonder if there should be some kind of cool down for the counter so you can’t spam it.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, given how Okabe time-travels via modifying timelines and not anything too visually exciting... um... I guess maybe he can receive a D-Mail from the future that works as a parallel to Shulk's foresight? It's kind of hard to make such a specific power visually exciting...

Just to be clear, by Sunday, we do mean two days from now, right? Or did I misunderstand the timezones. D:

Cause I think if I'm reading the agreement right, Alm is tomorrow entirely, and then on my Sunday(it's the 1st where I am) it's Brian. Ironically I did have off today. XD
Yeah, Brain will be Saturday-Sunday and not just Sunday itself... I hope that will work for you!

amageish

Smash Master
Well, we have an hour left of this discussion... Anyone have spirit or Mii Costumes hopes/ideas?

amageish

Smash Master
Whoops! I got really into Life is Strange and forgot to move this thread along... Not that I could have done it without double-posting anyway, I suppose.

I'm not entirely knowledgeable on Steins;Gate, so a rundown would be appreciated. Like, why does this guy need an alter-ego? And how does time travel fit into all this?
He has an alter ego because he is a manchild playing pretend. S;G is kind of a boy-who-cried wolf situation, a man who makes up conspiracies and insane scientific theories and accidentally stumbles upon both.

The plot involves a series of time-travelling e-mails called D-mails. It's kind of hard to discuss it further without spoilers. Maybe watch the anime? I hear it is considered one of the best scifi animes out there, though I've only played the VN.

75+ noms
Ori - x140
Carmen Sandiego - x135
Goomba/Goombella - x110
Heavy - x100
Axel Stone - x90
Endo Mamoru - x90
Ryu Hayabusa - x90
Black Mage - x85
Filia (Skullgirls) - x85

50-75 noms
Shovel Knight - x75
God Eater Rep - x75
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x65
Dart Monkey (Bloons) - x65
Crypto - x60

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
The Knight (Hollow Knight) - x50
Vectorman - x45
Shy Guy - x45
2B - x40
Jonesy - x32
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Scizor - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x28

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
SMT Content - x25
FEH Summoner - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Daitoryo - x20
Ezio - x15
Darkest Dungeon Content - x11

5-10 noms
Gunvolt - x10
Pauline - x10
King Harkinian - x5
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
Frogger - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3
Lobotomy Corporation/Library of Ruina Content - x2

Next up, it's time to discuss a Fire Emblem lord-class swordfighter everyone! Give Alm a round of applause, everyone.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jonesy x5

EDIT: Change vote, It's been a while since I've participated in this thread and I can't believe I missed Estelle Day :(

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oop, looks like we missed Brian's day. Ah well, we'll just have to do him tomorrow. I've rearranged the schedule to accommodate for that; Just carry on as usual

amageish

Smash Master
Oop, looks like we missed Brian's day. Ah well, we'll just have to do him tomorrow. I've rearranged the schedule to accommodate for that; Just carry on as usual
That wasn't a mistake; the person who nominated Brian asked him to be moved to the end of the week to fit their work schedule.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Alright, time for Alm!
Alm.png

Alm
Delivers Victory!

Alm is one of the main protagonists of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (the remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden), alongside his childhood friend Celica. Alm is called into battle in the place of his grandfather when he hears of the Deliverance, who is fighting to take back Zofia after a regicide. But what Alm doesn't realize is that after he sets off from Ram Village, he places himself into the palms of destiny.

Intro: Alm uses a green Warp circle with red smoke

Stance/Idle 1: His idle stance from Shadows of Valentia
Idle 2: Alm’s talking artwork from Shadows of Valentia as a Fighter
Idle 3: Alm’s talking artwork from Shadows of Valentia as a Hero

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Fighter (default)
  2. Celica (white)
  3. Tobin (brown)
  4. Gray (green)
  5. Mycen (yellow)
  6. Berkut (black)
  7. Rudolf (red)
  8. Gaiden design (alternate costume)
Walk: His walk from Shadows of Valentia
Dash: His run from Shadows of Valentia
Damage: His damage animation from Shadows of Valentia
Jump: Similar to Shulk’s jump
Crouch: Alm rests his sword on the ground facing down

Normal Attacks
Jab: Alm slashes twice (5%, small knockback). When his shield’s out, he bashes the target with it (4%, small knockback); when his shield’s put away, he hops and slashes back down (3%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Alm stabs the target with his sword (6%, small knockback)
Down+A: Alm kicks the ground with his right foot (4%, small knockback)
Up+A: Alm raises his sword upward and stabs any target above him (7%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Alm swings his sword in a horizontal 360 as blue flames surround him (11%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Alm swings his sword in an upward arc (8%, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Alm dangles a lantern behind himself (9%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Alm stabs straight upwards (8%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Alm fires an arrow diagonally downward (7%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Alm rams the opponent with his right arm (9%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Alm backflips upwards and slashes down (6%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Alm hops up and does a quick spin slash on both sides of himself (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Sunder; Alm swings his sword straight down in a powerful slash (19%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Tigerstance; Alm thrusts his sword straight up; similar to Marth, but more aggressive and without a tipper (22%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Flamberge; Alm slashes downward twice with blue flames erupting (11% per hit, OK knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Alm grabs the opponent with his right hand, regardless of whether or not he has his Shield
Pummel: Alm knees the opponent (2%-3%)
Forwards+Throw: Alm stabs the opponent (11%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Alm attacks the opponent with his sword’s handle (9%, small knockback)
Back+Throw: Alm pushes the opponent behind himself, then kicks them (12%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Alm kicks the opponent upward twice (9%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Curved Shot / Heavy Draw

• With the shield out, Alm can angle his bow and arrow in a 70o angle as he charges his shot (9%, OK knockback)
  • With the shield put away, pressing B has Alm fire a somewhat slow shot that can’t be angled (11%, OK knockback; .2% recoil). When B is held, Alm fires a much quicker and more powerful shot that can break a shield (19%, medium knockback; 1.4% recoil)
B + Forwards : Shove / Double Lion
  • With the shield out, Alm pushes forward with his shield (6%, small knockback)
  • With the shield put away, Alm does two arc slashes with each press of B (8% per slash, OK knockback; .9% recoil per slash)
B + Up : Crosswise Cut / Deicide
  • With the shield out, Alm jabs upward once (8%, OK knockback), and can do a 360 spin slash to either the left or right (9%, OK knockback)
  • With the shield put away, Alm jumps slightly higher and slams down on the ground at the apex of the jump as flames erupt in front of him (22%, medium knockback; 2.6% recoil)
B + Down : Defensive / Windsweep
  • With the shield out, Alm halves the damage taken from attacks for one hit. He can also reflect projectiles when B is let go just when a projectile connects.
  • With the shield put away, Alm charges his sword for a powerful, two-handed upward slash that uses the wind to push opponents away (29%, far knockback; 3.7% recoil)

Final Smash: Scendscale; “This is how it’s done!” A symbol glows on Alm’s left hand, as he slashes downward with a powered-up Royal Sword that extends to a huge blue sword-like beam (39%, devastating knockback). It can hit multiple opponents at once.

Gimmick: Shield; Alm can put his shield away or take it out by holding the Shield button and pressing B. His specials change depending on whether or not the shield is out, but putting it away causes his other specials to cause recoil damage.
  • Minor detail; A lot of his attacks (mainly his Shield-less specials) show a blue flame erupting around them
Taunts
1: “All right.” Alm loosely mimics the animation before his Double Lion
2: “You can’t touch me!” Alm points his sword straight forward
1+2: “Here’s what I can really do!” Alm mimics the pose he makes before unleashing Scendscale

Winposes
1: “I’ll never yield!” Alm’s Fighter and Hero victory animation from Echoes, added with the tossing of his shield.
2: “This is my strength” Alm’s Conqueror victory animation from Echoes
3: “See what you get?” Alm’s victory animation from Echoes after defeating enemies with a Bow

Applause: Alm claps
Icon: The Fire Emblem series icon
Boxing Ring Title: Hero from Ram Village
Star K.O.: “Not when we were so clooooose…!”
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/o0l6BSZURKE
Kirby Hat: Alm’s hair and headband
Game of Origin: Fire Emblem Gaiden (1992)

Layout: Like the above picture, the stage starts off in front of the stairs leading up to the throne Mila sits on. Two long and thin bowl-looking platforms appear above the water on each side of the floor.

Gimmicks and Hazards: The platforms lower to the water’s surface when two of Mila’s servants (statues resembling Mila) rise from the water. When the statues appear, they each depict a different base class from Shadows of Valentia that alter a fighter’s stats:
  • Soldier: Increases attack but decreases speed
  • Mercenary: Increases speed but decreases defense
  • Cavalier: Increases speed but makes foes harder for the boosted fighter to launch
  • Archer: Increases launch power but decreases speed
  • Pegasus Knight: Increases jump power but decreases attack power
  • Mage: Makes you harder to launch but decreases defense
  • Cleric: Greatly heals off damage but decreases defense
Battlefield/Ω Form: The Ω form platform is based off of the stairs leading up to Mila’s throne. The Battlefield platforms are based on the platforms that appear before Mila’s servants.
(Fights characters related to the different classes in Temple of Mila, where every single fight takes place)
Round 1: :ultswordfighter:x6 (Ancient Soldier outfit; horde battle) (March to Deliverance)
Round 2: :ultyounglink: (Fight 1 - Fire Emblem Gaiden)
Round 3: :ultpit:(With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1))
Round 4: :ultike: (What Lies at the End)
Round 5: :ultrobin::ultrobinf: (The Sacrifice and the Saint)
Round 6: :ultpalutena: (Those Who Challenge Gods)
Final Round: Alm (Twilight of the Gods)
(Spirit Battles listed here)
  1. Alm (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Gray, Tobin, Kliff & Faye (Alm and :ultvillager:x4, ★★)
  3. Lukas (Color 3 :ultcorrin:, ★★)
  4. Clive (Color 5 :ultlink:, ★)
  5. Clair (Color 7 :ultpit:, ★)
  6. Mycen (Color 8 :ultsnake: and Alm, ★★★)
  7. Mae and Boey (Color 3 and 8 :ultrobin::ultrobinf:, ★★★)
  8. Saber (Color 2 :ultike:, ★★)
  9. Sonya (Color 6 :ultbayonetta1:, ★)
  10. Rudolf (Color 7 Alm, ★★★)
  11. Jedah (Color 7 :ultganondorf:, ★★★)
  12. Fernand (Color 3 :ultroy:, ★★)
  13. Berkut (Color 6 Alm, ★★★★)

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Ah loved what I played of Echoes back in the day but I never finished the last chapter sadly. Really gotta get to that. Anyway, for this do y'all think using the dungeon crawling segments from Echoes would make for a good stage? Those 3rd-person dungeon crawling segments are probably the most unique part of the game, after all.

amageish

Smash Master
Ah loved what I played of Echoes back in the day but I never finished the last chapter sadly. Really gotta get to that. Anyway, for this do y'all think using the dungeon crawling segments from Echoes would make for a good stage? Those 3rd-person dungeon crawling segments are probably the most unique part of the game, after all.
I think that'd be a good stage for sure! Maybe have some members of both armies standing in the background...

Do you think Alm would get any of his FEH alts with him? We have a lot of FE in Smash, but FEH's kind of drawn the short end of the stick thus far... For reference, here's our current non-normal Alm outfits...

That last one's a duo, obviously, though also probably my fave outfit of his... I really like FEH's Valentine's Day alts.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
**** it, y'know what, I'm coming back down here to put x5 noms on Axel Stone

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Is Twilight of the Gods in the game yet? It’s a great tune from Alm’s game so he should definitely come with it. Also would like to propose an alternate costume featuring his original Gaiden outfit :dkmelee:

If for some reason I have accumulated noms for these two cents, I spend them on Goomba.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is Twilight of the Gods in the game yet? It’s a great tune from Alm’s game so he should definitely come with it. Also would like to propose an alternate costume featuring his original Gaiden outfit :dkmelee:

If for some reason I have accumulated noms for these two cents, I spend them on Goomba.
Sadly no which is the biggest tragedy of the base game tbh

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Noms: Ori xMax

also a proposition. If the sub forum is closed after the final presentation can this be moved to the Ultimate General discussion subforum or even NintenZone?
If anyone wants to make a new iteration they're completely free to do so, but honestly I'm not sure if I'll continue hosting it after the final fighter. I haven't been very active in the thread lately, and you all know how bad I am with keeping schedule. It'd probably be better if Ama, Ahem, or whoever else wants to work on a CET thread took over completely after these final few days. Also if anyone wants to take over please learn from my mistakes and keep a better track of the schedule

amageish

Smash Master
also a proposition. If the sub forum is closed after the final presentation can this be moved to the Ultimate General discussion subforum or even NintenZone?
If other people are interested as well, then I am interested in continuing a version of this thread in the NintenZone or general gaming discussion forms. I also would be interested in opening it up to general Platform Fighter discussion, if people want to talk about potential Aether guest characters, Fraymakers, or just make up platform fighter ideas entirely.

75+ noms
Ori - x145
Carmen Sandiego - x135
Goomba/Goombella - x115
Heavy - x100
Axel Stone - x95
Endo Mamoru - x90
Ryu Hayabusa - x90
Filia (Skullgirls) - x90
Black Mage - x85
Dart Monkey (Bloons) - x85

50-75 noms
Shovel Knight - x75
God Eater Rep - x75
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x65
Crypto - x60
The Knight (Hollow Knight) - x60

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
FEH Summoner - x50
Vectorman - x45
Shy Guy - x45
2B - x40
Jonesy - x37
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Scizor - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x28

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
SMT Content - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Daitoryo - x20
Ezio - x15
Darkest Dungeon Content - x11

5-10 noms
Gunvolt - x10
Pauline - x10
King Harkinian - x5
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
Frogger - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3
Lobotomy Corporation/Library of Ruina Content - x2

Moving onto Brian's day now. This will continue until 5PM tomorrow. Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , hopefully this is all working for you!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
brian4a.png

Brian is the protagonist of Quest 64. He's also known as Ayron in the European versions, and Jean-Jacques or Jack in the Japanese versions.

He's a powerful mage who administers the elements of Fire, Earth, Water, and Wind.

He is able to command multiple elements at once. While in Smash, spell combinations wouldn't really work, he still has 60 total spells to work with. This includes throwing Rocks, blasting with Fire Balls, torrenting opponents with Water Pillars, and slashing with Wind Cutters. Multiple utility spells also exist, like improving one's Defense, Movement Speed, Dodging capabilities, and even strengthening his physical attacks.

Using MP might seem okay as a concept at first, but due to the spell costs being 1, 2, or 3 MP, it is very difficult to balance. However, his other notable thing is his stats can rise during a battle, much like Final Fantasy II's experience system. Besides that, his elements can rise to increase his spell capabilities(or their damage/hit rate, etc.)

brianulimatetemplate.png

I made this template some time back. The course itself is custom made as well. I do not have the Spirits figured out beyond their strength levels. Here they are from left to right.
  • Epona
  • Mammon
  • Red Wyvern(evolves from Wyvern)
  • Ogre
  • Pin Head
  • Red Rose Knight(evolves from White Rose Knight)
  • Fish Man
  • Wyvern(evolves to Red Wyvern)
  • Blue Man
  • Cockatrice
  • Ghosthound(evolves from Hell Hound)
  • White Rose Knight(evolves to Red Rose Knight)
  • Caterpillar
  • Bumbershoot
  • Big Mouth
  • Frog King
  • Man Eater
  • Parassault
  • Were Hare
  • Hell Hound(evolves to Ghosthound)

Based upon a memorable set of areas from the game, Isle of Skye consists of pieces of Blue Cave, Crystal Valley, and Isle of Skye itself. It has many platforms, but also a full Pirate Ship that moves. Specifically, it only has a few hazards;

• Thunder Jell: Uses Homing Arrow Lv 2(treated as the Fire enemy)
  • Termant: Uses a Physical Attack(treated as the Earth enemy)
  • Grangach: Uses Walking Water(treated as the Water enemy)
  • Pixie: Uses Silence Lv 1(treated as the Wind enemy)

briancolors.png

briansprite.png

briancolorsa1.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom