• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

amageish

Smash Master
Even Xenoblade X has more spirits than TMS - Elma, Lin, Lao, Tatsu, the Formula Skell

but also no music :drsad:
Yeah, TMS is in the "One spirit" camp with characters like Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk, Nick/Captain Rainbow from Captain Rainbow, and Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club... It's just weirder when she's a very modern character - and her continued relevancy should probably have been known was the base game of Smash was being planned, unlike someone like Ayumi whose remake came a bit later.

Anyone else felt they were being kinda exploitive of tsubasa?
Like, the cast of TMS#FE being exploitative of Tsubasa in-universe? Yeah, the game has a bit of a challenge where it is both trying to represent the harsh and uncomfortable realities of the idol industry and also be a haha-silly comedy game... So, yes, Tsubasa takes on some work she is initially neither comfortable with nor qualified for.

Oh and just to bump them up even more

Octoling x5
If we're going by the normal process, then the top 7 is now locked in and unchanging.

Day 68: Tsubasa Oribe
Day 69: Toad
Day 70: Velvet Crowe
Day 71: Octoling
Day 72: Brian
Day 73: Rintarou Okabe
Day 74: Alm

Interesting week, with a strong Nintendo focus. We'd then have one character left, Day 75, before the reveal of the actual final character on October 5th... I am going to try and ensure I always post the noms list at noon to change us over every day.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, TMS is in the "One spirit" camp with characters like Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk, Nick/Captain Rainbow from Captain Rainbow, and Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club... It's just weirder when she's a very modern character - and her continued relevancy should probably have been known was the base game of Smash was being planned, unlike someone like Ayumi whose remake came a bit later.

Like, the cast of TMS#FE being exploitative of Tsubasa in-universe? Yeah, the game has a bit of a challenge where it is both trying to represent the harsh and uncomfortable realities of the idol industry and also be a haha-silly comedy game... So, yes, Tsubasa takes on some work she is initially neither comfortable with nor qualified for.

If we're going by the normal process, then the top 7 is now locked in and unchanging.

Day 68: Tsubasa Oribe
Day 69: Toad
Day 70: Velvet Crowe
Day 71: Octoling
Day 72: Brian
Day 73: Rintarou Okabe
Day 74: Alm

Interesting week, with a strong Nintendo focus. We'd then have one character left, Day 75, before the reveal of the actual final character on October 5th... I am going to try and ensure I always post the noms list at noon to change us over every day.
I hope we can pass those days relatively quickly

amageish

Smash Master
And Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. of all things somehow got more content than both (one Spirit, three(?) music tracks)...
I mean, all but one of the S.T.E.A.M. tracks are just the remixes of FE songs that came with the FE amiibo characters, but true! That is an oddity of a game... Intelligent Systems has such a diverse and bizarre resume.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
there was something very off about that part of the story i felt. maybe cause i also didnt think tsubasa was the sharpest tool in the draw. it also didnt help that her whole reason for becoming an idol vanish very early in the game and yet she carried on seemingly for no reason. they also pretty much forced itsuki into becoming one and then almost never get him a gig, theres something off about the whole thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I can't think of anything to give me noms to anymore. XD Oh, wait, Shy Guy. There you go!

Anyway, never played the game, so.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway, what Spirits would come with Tsubasa?

Nominations: Filia (Skullgirls) xMax
Itsuki, Kiria, Toma, Eleonora, the other two party members I forgot their names, Barry, Tiki (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE), the manager lady whose name I also forget

amageish

Smash Master
there was something very off about that part of the story i felt. maybe cause i also didnt think tsubasa was the sharpest tool in the draw. it also didnt help that her whole reason for becoming an idol vanish very early in the game and yet she carried on seemingly for no reason. they also pretty much forced itsuki into becoming one and then almost never get him a gig, theres something off about the whole thing.
Tsubasa is definitely not the best at her job and did kind of get the job by merit of her having gotten a Mirage and not her actual skills haha.

That said, she did want to be an idol on her own terms, finding out what happened to her sister was just a side thing. So, I'm not surprised she didn't leave after Act 1 - plus, like, would she really deny herself an opportunity to work alongside THE Kiria?

Itsuki is weird, yeah. I get them hiring him because of his powers, but the cover story of him being an idol is underexplored...

Anyway, what Spirits would come with Tsubasa?

Nominations: Filia (Skullgirls) xMax
Really, all the party members and supporting NPCs who aren't in the game already... which is all of them as Tsubasa is the only spirit.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know

despite the fact we have two female Performa with male Mirages

we don’t have a male Performa with a female Mirage

if they make a sequel that’s something I’d like to see

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Tsubasa is definitely not the best at her job and did kind of get the job by merit of her having gotten a Mirage and not her actual skills haha.

That said, she did want to be an idol on her own terms, finding out what happened to her sister was just a side thing. So, I'm not surprised she didn't leave after Act 1 - plus, like, would she really deny herself an opportunity to work alongside THE Kiria?

Itsuki is weird, yeah. I get them hiring him because of his powers, but the cover story of him being an idol is underexplored...
well when you put it like that it makes sense I suppose

itsuki is certainly in an odd spot being the protagonist of the game and yet not being the focus of the story. A narrative style I find weird. I suppose it gives tsubasa an edge over him that her supporters will be pleased with

amageish

Smash Master
No problem ahemtoday! I'll also wait that list to post the noms.

That said, if people are okay with us just moving on without noms, it is now past noon! Shall we get aboard the Toad train?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Two more days till Octoling at least… I think

after the final presentation can we remake this thread for those concepts for a future game in like NintenZone or something?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No problem ahemtoday! I'll also wait that list to post the noms.

That said, if people are okay with us just moving on without noms, it is now past noon! Shall we get aboard the Toad train?
please it’s a starshroom not a train

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Do we think we'd blend all the Toads into a general Toad kit
yes

ahem permit me to do the explanation. who is toad? well i find it hard to believe that theres gamer out there who doesnt know who he is but ive been wrong before. toad is both an entire race and a single character, much like yoshi, of the mario series. and he is without doubt the biggest mario character yet playable in smash, some would say other characters are but toad out does these characters in both playable appearances and overall appearances. toad is one of the go to playable characters in not just spinoff mario games but main series games where the cast goes beyond the mario bros. one of nintendo's most famous faces.

as for what he can do, well loads of things. for start he access to plenty of power ups from across the series, cat suit, penguin, suit, ice flower, mega mushroom etc. and of course an assortment of things from spinoffs from sports equipment to dice, it is smash after all. toad has also had one or two unique attributes in some games: in his first playable appearance he was the strongest of the four characters in more recent games he is the fastest. as for captain toad, well according to people at nintendo they are separate characters and there is at least one member of this forum who is adamant against putting them together. i dont know what other people would say about this but if you were ok with it, it would allow for the super pick axe, mine carts and a turnip canon. toadette can do everything they can so she works as and alt or an echo (ideally) for either.

im also gonna tag YoshiandToad YoshiandToad and ask them to post their concept video for a captain toad themed moveset. if you wouldnt mind

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anyway, so, Toad! Obvious first question: Toad vs Toadette vs Captain Toad. They all have unique powers. Do we think we'd blend all the Toads into a general Toad kit, or do we pick a specific Toad and go with it?
Toadette I can somewhat see working okay as an alt, but the Captains are supposed to have a crap jump due to their backpack's weight(if they can even regular jump instead of using unique animations, anyway). Basically, Toadette usually can do what Toad can do and can work as a gendered alt. Captain Toadette also works fine as a Captain Toad alt for a similar reason.

Captain Toad works better separately with this in mind. Just, you know, same voice actors, since his personality is mostly Toad's(he's gotten a bit of unique development). There's also moves he does that stands out as unique. I'm thinking one can use a Cannon for Captain Toad's Up B, for instance. He also is a heavyweight by design.

For Toad, he's been in way more games, and thus, can take power-ups from general games that only regular Toad has been in(or the general Toad species. To clarify, the Yellow and Blue Toad in NSMB is supposed to reference Toad being playable uniquely in SMB2USA, being the normal action one). Toad is also a pretty decent jumper on his own merits, but the Propeller Hat would make for an excellent Up B. As the Star of Wario's Woods, you could use references to that in Taunts or Idles too. He's been in every Mario Kart game too, so items from there work as well. He and his race tend to give away Power Stars, so a taunt around that might work as well.

amageish

Smash Master
Certainly:

Very nice moveset! Good predicting parts of Steve's kit with the platform building...

Toadette I can somewhat see working okay as an alt, but the Captains are supposed to have a crap jump due to their backpack's weight(if they can even regular jump instead of using unique animations, anyway). Basically, Toadette usually can do what Toad can do and can work as a gendered alt. Captain Toadette also works fine as a Captain Toad alt for a similar reason.

Captain Toad works better separately with this in mind. Just, you know, same voice actors, since his personality is mostly Toad's(he's gotten a bit of unique development). There's also moves he does that stands out as unique. I'm thinking one can use a Cannon for Captain Toad's Up B, for instance. He also is a heavyweight by design.

For Toad, he's been in way more games, and thus, can take power-ups from general games that only regular Toad has been in(or the general Toad species. To clarify, the Yellow and Blue Toad in NSMB is supposed to reference Toad being playable uniquely in SMB2USA, being the normal action one). Toad is also a pretty decent jumper on his own merits, but the Propeller Hat would make for an excellent Up B. As the Star of Wario's Woods, you could use references to that in Taunts or Idles too. He's been in every Mario Kart game too, so items from there work as well. He and his race tend to give away Power Stars, so a taunt around that might work as well.
True, there are a lot of spin-offs and Mario power-ups that aren't really present in Smash due to Mario/Luigi all being based on the powers they had in Smash 64 (plus a couple stuff like FLUDD)... So, yeah, there's a lot of potential for a standard Toad kit too...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True, there are a lot of spin-offs and Mario power-ups that aren't really present in Smash due to Mario/Luigi all being based on the powers they had in Smash 64 (plus a couple stuff like FLUDD)... So, yeah, there's a lot of potential for a standard Toad kit too...
Some thoughts;

• The Penguin Suit could work for the Dash itself, or based it upon the what it does if it's not going to use the actual suit itself. It's a lot to add to the model, so sometimes it's best to just apply the effect.
  • When picking up items, he can do an overhead pull, like in SMB2USA.
  • Toadsworth would be a neat alt, but otherwise, Blue, Red, Yellow are a given, which covers at least 4 alts. Toadette, if she's not separate, can cover the rest in a similar manner, though Toadsworth doesn't have a clear female counterpart either. Toadette on the other hand could wear the Super Crown with, say, long sleeves instead to somewhat separate her from the regular costume? Since her normal color is Pink.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing a Koopa Shell used as a projectile. Kicking it classic style. Could even sometimes fire off a Red Shell that homes in on opponents only.
  • I've noted Power Stars, but one of his Victory Screens could have him doing a pose like as if he were getting one, as a reference to Super Mario 64 when Mario gets one.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Toad is an interesting character to point out, mainly because he's the only one of the SMB2 quartet to not be playable outside of being Peach's Neutral Special and Grab.

I imagine him being a very mobile character, perhaps up there with the likes of Captain Falcon, but nowhere near Sonic levels. He could have some attacks/Specials based on how in Super Mario All-Stars for SNES, there were multiple Toads that were rescued per every 4th level in each world. Because of the amount of Toads there are in the world of Mario, I imagine him teaming up with multiple other Toads as a "strength in numbers" kind of aesthetic. Maybe even take some stuff from SMB2 like Peach does.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Oh, we're talking about Toad now? Great!

1593648472712.png

Toad is not only the most important Mario character not yet playable in Smash Bros, but possibly the most important Nintendo character that isn't yet a fighter. Ever since his debut, Toad has continued to make appearances in the Mario series, whether it be he himself showing up, or other members of this species.

I believe Toad can carve out his own niche were he ever to join the battle. Mechanically, he'd be fast, yet deceptively strong for his weight class, with a fair amount of disjointed attacks. And where would these disjoints come from? Why, in the form of his aesthetic niche: The "power-up guy", as he tends to be seen in his series of origin. And in regards to power-ups, especially mushrooms, for many of his attacks would feature mushrooms, whether used to attack or to help himself. Try a peek at this Toad moveset I made last year:

After all this time, I am happy to present to you...

The Toad Moveset!

Toad is Ready to Party!!

View attachment 277046

At long last, Toad joins the battle! In the Mushroom Kingdom, Toad and his kind could often be found in Toad Houses, giving away power-ups to the Mario Brothers to help them save Princess Peach from the clutches of the wicked Bowser. In the world of Smash, however, the Princess is perfectly capable of defending herself, so Toad puts those powerups to good use, and summons them to aid him in battle!

Weight: 80 (tied with Meta Knight and ZSS)
Walk: 1.259 (tied with the Pits)
Dash: 2.125 (inbetween Diddy Kong and Pikachu)
Jumps: 2 (his jumps are not very high)
Air Speed: 1.113 (tied with Shulk)
Fall Speed: 1.78 (tied with Ridley)

Jab: A simple one-two jab, followed up by a headbutt. 2%, 2%, 4%.
Forward Tilt: Toad rears back and slams his head, similarly to DK’s headbutt. 7%.
Up Tilt: Performs a short little hop, taking Mario’s iconic jump pose. 9%.
Down Tilt: As he crouches, Toad slides forward headfirst. This moves him forward in the direction he’s facing. 7%.
Dash Attack: Super Star: Toad runs forward with arms spread like an airplane, glowing with the power of a Super Star. He is completely invincible during this attack. 10%.

Forward Smash: Super Hammer: Using the Super Hammer, Toad swings a hammer as big as he is. 16.4%.

Up Smash: Toad points upwards as two mushrooms sprout up on either side of him. (think Squirtle’s up smash, but with mushrooms). 3.2% (initial hit), 14% (clean), 8.7% (late).

Down Smash: Boomerang Toad: Using the Boomerang Flower, Toad faces the screen and throws two boomerangs on either side of him. 15% (max range), 10% (point blank). The boomerangs go farther the more the move is charged.

Neutral Aerial: Toad releases spores in a quick burst around himself. 11%.
Forward Aerial: Raccoon Toad: Using the Super Leaf, Toad grows a raccoon tail and whips it forward. 7%. Toad will move forward slightly if he uses this attack.
Back Aerial: Reverse Raccoon Toad: Using the Super Leaf, Toad grows a raccoon tail and whips it behind himself. 8.3%. Toad will move backward slightly if he uses this attack.
Up Aerial: A headbutt, like what Ness and Lucas do. There's a sweet spot on the center of his head that releases spores. 17% (sweet spot), 11% (sides of head).
Down Aerial: Statue Toad: Using the Statue Leaf, Toad transforms into a statue and slams down hard. A meteor smash. 12.2% (clean), 8% (late). This move also has light armor for up to 9%. Try not to use this move offstage.

Grab: A standard grab with one hand. Nothing special here.
Pummel: Toad headbutts his opponent with his mushroom head. 1.2% per pummel.
Forward Throw: Toad lifts the opponent over his head and throws them with both hands. The animation resembles that in Super Mario Bros. 2. 10%. This is a kill throw!
Back Throw: Toad turns around to throw the opponent with both hands. 11%.
Down Throw: Toad drops his opponent on the ground, then hops and headbutts. 1.1% (first hit), 7% (throw).
Up Throw: Toad drops the opponent and points upward as a mushroom sprouts underneath, popping the foe upward. 12.4%.

Neutral Special—Poison Shroom: Toad throws a Poison Mushroom that looks markedly different from the item. It slowly moves along the ground in the direction Toad was facing when he used the move. If an opponent touches it, the Poison Shroom will explode in a small burst of spores, paralyzing the foe. At higher percentages, this move may poison the foe. 13% (initial hit), 4.5% (spores), 1.7% (poison damage)

Side SpecialGolden Mushroom Dash: Toad rushes forward at high speed, colliding with foes. Unlike with Banjo and Kazooie's Wonderwing, Toad can turn around up to two times. The attack gets weaker the longer he runs. However, as he runs, he is capable of outpacing many characters, even Sonic!

Up SpecialPropeller Mushroom: Using the Propeller Mushroom, Toad flies upward while spinning. The propeller damages opponents multiple times, and he descends slowly. Tap down to use a Drill Spin meteor smash! 2.3% (propeller), 6.4% (Drill Spin)

Down SpecialMystery Block: A ? Block appears above Toad, who bashes it to receive a power-up! Toad can get:

Fire Flower: Gives him a Fire Flower item to hold and use.
Super Mushroom: Gives him a Super Mushroom item, so that he may grow.
Green Shell: Gives him a Green Shell item to hold and use.
Super Star: Toad receives the power of a Super Star, making him invincible
Poison Mushroom: Shrinks Toad.

In order from most common to least common: Fire Flower, Green Shell, Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Super Star.

Final SmashWarp Whistle: Toad takes out a Warp Whistle and plays that familiar tune, summoning a tornado that scoops opponents up and whisks them away! This Final Smash is very effective on stages with low upper blast lines. 34%.

Entrance: Toad emerges from a Toad House, saying “Fight time!” as he hops.

Boxing Ring Title: The Original Mushroom Retainer

Idle Pose 1: Toad pauses briefly as he sneezes.
Idle Pose 2: Toad will pat his mushroom head, to make sure nothing is too bruised.

Taunts

Taunt 1: Toad hops from foot to foot, saying “Let’s go!”.
Taunt 2: Toad plucks a mushroom from somewhere on his person, and rolls it along his arm before spinning it on his finger. Aesthetically, the mushroom can be a Super Mushroom, Mini Mushroom, or a 1-Up Mushroom.
Taunt 3: Toad adjusts his pants before pointing forward, saying “Let’s do this!”

Victory Poses

Victory Pose 1: Toad twirls around twice and flashes the V sign, saying, “I’m the winner!”
Victory Pose 2: From the background, Toad hops, flips to bounce off his head, and lands on a large mushroom to point towards the sky.
Victory Pose 3: Toad juggles three 1-Up Mushrooms before throwing them up into the air. As he waits for them to fall, a 3-Up Moon falls into his hands, much to his surprise.

Victory Theme: An arrangement of the fanfare that plays when Bowser is defeated in Super Mario Bros.

Lose/No Contest: Toad claps politely for the winner.

And if that's not your fancy, then why limit yourself to just power-ups? If Peach and Daisy can pull from spinoffs, then why can't Toad, as fogbadge mentioned? He served as the host of Mario Party for a while before becoming playable in 5, so he could pull from the Mario Party series, perhaps by hitting a dice block for a random, Judge-like attack.

People may often judge Toad to be too "bland" or "generic" but I believe that with enough love put into it, Toad can be a fun and interesting inclusion in the Smash Bros. series!

1596088317099.png

Artwork by me ;)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think Toad definitely deserves a spot in Smash someday. He’s been playable in many Mario games dating all the way back to Super Mario Bros. 2 and even has his own series now. I’m not really sure what I can add that hasn’t already been covered but I would love to see him and a Toadette alt at some point.

Noms:
x15 Goomba/Goombella

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Toad is an anomaly. Out of the Mario cast not playable, he is the most "duh" choice and yet there are no signs that he'll ever be playable. It's strange, it's like yeah there are certainly merits to him but perhaps he's just not that interesting and thus not a high priority? IDK I wish we could get inside Sakurai's head.

Personally though, I don't mind it as I'm not interested in Toad being playable. I'm not against him but even when it comes to other Mario characters I'd prefer Waluigi, Paper Mario, and Geno to get in first.

And BTW ahemtoday ahemtoday you don't need to coun my noms. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna be able to push Crypto high enough on the list in time.

amageish

Smash Master
Toad being a trick character using all the remaining power-ups not present in the other Bros movesets would be super fun. What would people use for Toad's stage? I feel like there's a few Mario games and spin-offs without notable stage representation.

If we go with Captain Toad as the stage inspiration, then I think Pyropuff Peak is a pretty iconic early game location that could make a neato stage, rotating as time progresses a la Banjo's spiral mountain... Otherwise, Mario Party is kind of notably missing a stage in Smash, so Toad's Midway Madness from Mario Party 4 or Toadette's Music Room from Mario Party DS could make good stages. Mario sports games also lack content, so it could be something like Toad HighLands from Mario Golf 64, Mushroom Valley from Mario Tennis Open, or Toad Park from Mario Sports Mix...

Toad is a character I am generally just confused isn't in the game. I think you could poll casual Nintendo fans and I wouldn't be surprised if most people just assumed Toad was playable in Smash because... He's Toad; why wouldn't he be?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
do we still have time to use our noms? or are we just gonna move the thread after the last reveal as we could carry on regardless?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Very nice moveset! Good predicting parts of Steve's kit with the platform building...
I also managed to (sort of) predict Piranha Plant somehow too. I received a lot of comments after Plant made it.

It's a little outdated now, and with Steve taking the kit I'd have to do a serious rethink on what to do with the good Captain, but I do think Toad has a lot of hidden potential that many people gloss over overall.

He's been:
  1. The guy who handles the power ups
  2. One of the main four main heroes (SMB2, Super Mario 3D World, All multiplayer NSMB titles star a Toad or two, Mario Maker 2)
  3. A puzzle title star in which he bombs, stacks and runs up walls to fight Wario (Wario's Woods)
  4. The host of Mario Party
  5. A quiz show host (An often forgotten Japanese exclusive game starring Toad, Satella-Q)
  6. Heck, the only guy with perfect Mario Kart attendance(excluding weird spinoffs like Live Circuit)
  7. The character most associated with mushroom power ups
  8. Hell, even his status as one of many could have some appeal, summoning dozens of Toads to help him fight.
  9. And of course Captain Toad
There's a few too many directions for me to pick a single one as my favourite idea at current

amageish

Smash Master
do we still have time to use our noms? or are we just gonna move the thread after the last reveal as we could carry on regardless?
Continue using noms if you want to. I think we'll move the thread into a different category once Newcomer Speculation ends; some people may just stop posting in the thread regularly once that happens.

I also managed to (sort of) predict Piranha Plant somehow too. I received a lot of comments after Plant made it.

It's a little outdated now, and with Steve taking the kit I'd have to do a serious rethink on what to do with the good Captain, but I do think Toad has a lot of hidden potential that many people gloss over overall.

He's been:
  1. The guy who handles the power ups
  2. One of the main four main heroes (SMB2, Super Mario 3D World, All multiplayer NSMB titles star a Toad or two, Mario Maker 2)
  3. A puzzle title star in which he bombs, stacks and runs up walls to fight Wario (Wario's Woods)
  4. The host of Mario Party
  5. A quiz show host (An often forgotten Japanese exclusive game starring Toad, Satella-Q)
  6. Heck, the only guy with perfect Mario Kart attendance(excluding weird spinoffs like Live Circuit)
  7. The character most associated with mushroom power ups
  8. Hell, even his status as one of many could have some appeal, summoning dozens of Toads to help him fight.
  9. And of course Captain Toad
There's a few too many directions for me to pick a single one as my favourite idea at current
Toad is a very versatile character... They could easily make multiple different Toad movesets depending on what they wanted to do - a platformer toad, a party Toad, a sporty Toad, a Captain Toad, etc... a lot of options...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Continue using noms if you want to. I think we'll move the thread into a different category once Newcomer Speculation ends; some people may just stop posting in the thread regularly once that happens.
well im certainly enjoying myself not that ive gotten into this thread properly so ill still be there when we move. assuming i dont forget where it is

have we done the knight from hollow knight? ill put my noms to him if not

amageish

Smash Master
well im certainly enjoying myself not that ive gotten into this thread properly so ill still be there when we move. assuming i dont forget where it is

have we done the knight from hollow knight? ill put my noms to him if not
We have not yet!

And, on that note, here's the noms list.

75+ noms
Axel Stone - x90
Endo Mamoru - x90
Goomba/Goombella - x90
Ryu Hayabusa - x90
Black Mage - x85
Ori - x85
Heavy - x80

50-75 noms
Shovel Knight - x75
Filia (Skullgirls) - x75
Carmen Sandiego - x75
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x65
Crypto - x60
God Eater Rep - x60

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
Vectorman - x45
Dart Monkey (Bloons) - x40
2B - x40
Jonesy - x32
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x28

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
SMT Content - x25
FEH Summoner - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Daitoryo - x20
The Knight (Hollow Knight) - x20
Ezio - x15
Scizor - x15
Darkest Dungeon Content - x11

5-10 noms
Gunvolt - x10
Shy Guy - x10
King Harkinian - x5
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
Frogger - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3
Lobotomy Corporation/Library of Ruina Content - x2

Now, time for the day to change! Velvet Crowe is up next. Let's give her a hand, everyone... or, uh, give her a claw, as the case may be.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
GOAT Tales Protag time

Velvet's combat revolves around her weapon, a gauntlet blade which she uses to stab her foes whilst mixing in martial artes with her kicks. Her big draw is of course her demon claw which lets her get a buff on hit depending on the foe and access to a special arte from it. Using her Consuming Claw and getting a hit will also drain her health but she gains a tremendous power boost for the duration in relation to how much health has been lost. She also has really powerful mystic artes and even teams up with Laphicet for a Dual Mystic Arte.

Here's an exhibition of her various moves:

She's a very flashy combo oriented character and her mixed artes creates a really fun visual style

As a sidenote, Cristina Valenzuela's performance as her is phenomenal, she gets to go absolutely feral and it's so powerful.

Edit:

Oh yeah, noms:

All in on God Eater

Last edited:
Top Bottom