• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Noms:
All on a Warframe Rep. Monika's far enough in the lead as is.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I just got the chance to watch the presentation. The only time I’ve ever played Tekken is renting one of the games on the PS2 so I’m not overly familiar with anything. Kazuya does look like a ton of fun though. I especially love his devil form special attacks. I suck at traditional fighting games so I hope I can get the hang of him well enough to beat the AI at least.

x15 Bill & Lance

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sooooo Frisk.

obligatory music list question, Death by Glamour in your lists is a MUST this is not up for debate

also do I have any noms?

Paraster

Smash Lord
So. Frisk. Tied for my #3 most wanted with fellow Undertale rep Papyrus and probably the most likely of my top picks to get in at this point.

I actually went and finished up a Frisk Challenger Pack doc I've been working on in preparation for this day, complete with moveset, aesthetics, stage, music, Classic Mode, accompanying Mii costumes, and Spirits.
Alternate costumes for Frisk? Would Chara work as an alternate costume?
My doc goes for a Ness-like approach where they wear differently colored/designed shirts and pants (to name a few examples, they have T-shirts based off the SOUL and the Annoying Dog, plus Chara's outfit and a recolor that makes them look like Kris).
obligatory music list question, Death by Glamour in your lists is a MUST this is not up for debate
Yes. Also, an idea I think is creative and fun: a medley of the "Dating" songs.

The most interesting question regarding Frisk to me is their moveset--I went for a combination of the Stick, their other "weapons," and some help from the game's bosses/friends for specials, but I've seen others focus on their ACTs, or even do a complicated "pacifist vs genocide meter."

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Frisk being playable makes some modicum of sense after the Sans Mii Costume. I can see him having a SOUL form that allows him to move freely in the air at the cost of bolstered damage intake. As for Pacifist-Genocide mechanics, I could imagine him having bolstered evasion stats and mobility in Pacifist mode, and having bolstered attack power and knockback in Genocide mode. I could see you building up to either one by dodging or blocking moves and landing Smash attacks respectively.

Sooooo Frisk.

also do I have any noms?
A remix of the Annoying Dog theme and "Temmie Town". Those are the two that stick out to me. I agree with Death by Glamour tho, that **** SLAPS.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
It ain't Undertale if Frisk can't spare the opponent! I am not sure what the exact mechanics would be, but I envision it being like a KO but with less violence, so maybe it'd remove a stock?

Also, if Frisk wins by sparing, the spared opponent should join them in the victory screen as a newly befriended friend. Yes, even Ridley, Ganondorf and Sephiroth would become best friends with Frisk.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It ain't Undertale if Frisk can't spare the opponent! I am not sure what the exact mechanics would be, but I envision it being like a KO but with less violence, so maybe it'd remove a stock?

Also, if Frisk wins by sparing, the spared opponent should join them in the victory screen as a newly befriended friend. Yes, even Ridley, Ganondorf and Sephiroth would become best friends with Frisk.
OHHH I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! THAT'S COOL!

ZelDan

Smash Master
Sooooo Frisk.

also do I have any noms?
Death to Glamour is a good one. beyond that and Megalovania (which we already have in Smash obviously), I'd also love:

maybe not the best fit for Smash but I always loved this song:

It could always be remixed, or you know, just put in as is, since Smash doesn't always go with actiony music anyways.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Ruins and Snowdin are the most sensible spots for stages.

I'd say the judgement hall would make a good stage too...though that'd probably be more fitting if Sans were to be the playable character, so eh.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
If Frisk gets in, should he come with both Undertale and Deltarune content?
I put Rude Buster and a remix of The Legend on my doc's music list, and gave Deltarune a single spirit on Frisk's board (a combination of Kris, Susie, and Ralsei). That said, I don't know how legitimately likely this is and think leaving them off is reasonable.

Also, another music track:
Technically, it's exclusive to the Switch version. :)

amageish

Smash Master
also do I have any noms?
Everyone has 5 noms by default. I don't think you have any extras ATM though.

If Frisk gets in, should he come with both Undertale and Deltarune content?
Might as well throw some music tracks in, if nothing else. Idk if we have ever had a game with episodic release get content in Smash mid-releasing, but I don't see a reason to avoid it.

How would people want to see an Undertale stage look? Do we want all 3D modelling a la New Pork City or blend the original 2D look with some 3D models a la Magicant?

Noms: Jill x 5 (I'll add both yesterday's limited nominations with today's later, as not many people posted yesterday anyway)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
50+ noms
Monika - x135
Scorpion - x83
Elma - x83
Jill Stingray - x80
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70
Sir Arthur - x70
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Laharl - x65
Hat Kid - x65

Bill & Lance - x55

26-50 noms
Estelle Bright - x45
Endo Mamoru - x45
2B - x40
Saber - x40
Ryza - x35
Bubsy - x35
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Heavy - x30
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x30

11-25 noms
Klonoa - x25
Octoling - x25
Warframe rep - x25
Shovel Knight - x25
Trauma Center Content - x22
Black Mage - x20
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Astral Chain rep - x15

5-10 noms
Chun-Li - x10
Daitoryo - x10
Saber - x10
Gordon Freeman - x10
Axel Stone - x5
Ezio - x5
Chibi-Robo - x5
9-volt - x5
Gunvolt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Darkest Dungeon Content - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Sly Cooper - x3
Chell - x3
[/SPOILER]
Is it just me or is there 2 Saber listed there? I know Saber is such a conventional name but may you pls specify their series if they have the same name?

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
I put together a playlist of Smash-style remixes of UT/DR songs by a musician I follow.

Also, regarding noms: there's a rule that you can only nom characters with support threads, right? If so, should I change my noms for Wilfre last time, since he doesn't seem to have a thread?

amageish

Smash Master
Is it just me or is there 2 Saber listed there? I know Saber is such a conventional name but may you pls specify their series if they have the same name?
Fixed now. I believe/assume it is Saber Artoria...

I put together a playlist of Smash-style remixes of UT/DR songs by a musician I follow.

Also, regarding noms: there's a rule that you can only nom characters with support threads, right? If so, should I change my noms for Wilfre last time, since he doesn't seem to have a thread?
I suppose so, though if you have the time, it doesn't take too much work to come up with a support thread for a character yourself!

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
... Frick, Gran/Djeeta doesn't have any support thread yet and they're next in line but, isn't the previous days contain character that doesn't have any support thread?
Fixed now. I believe/assume it is Saber Artoria...
You can call her by her real name, Artoria Pendragon, it's more distinct than just Saber with an added Artoria.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
... Frick, Gran/Djeeta doesn't have any support thread yet and they're next in line but, isn't the previous days contain character that doesn't have any support thread?
SharkLord SharkLord can speak to it better then I, but I think we've been generous and just went with the logic of "If someone from the IP has a support thread, then that's good enough," especially as a lot of this thread is discussing secondary characters and more off-the-wall choices?

I assume the support thread thing is partly just to ensure that this thread doesn't become too overtaken with memes, as the support thread rule also rules out all non-video-game-characters...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
SharkLord SharkLord can speak to it better then I, but I think we've been generous and just went with the logic of "If someone from the IP has a support thread, then that's good enough," especially as a lot of this thread is discussing secondary characters and more off-the-wall choices?

I assume the support thread thing is partly just to ensure that this thread doesn't become too overtaken with memes, as the support thread rule also rules out all non-video-game-characters...
Yeah, pretty much. I don't want to be too overbearing regarding the limitations.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Well, I just recently made a support thread for them just in case (aaand I post it twice :079:, mods probably need to close the recent one or should I contact them first).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Frisk's Classic Mode I can imagine could be themed after monsters, which serve as A.I. allies with each subsequent battle leading up to Marx representing Omega Flowey as the Final Boss.

ZelDan

Smash Master
One thing I'm curious about is what final smash ideas people have for Frisk.

One idea I have is that Frisk eyes could turn red (become chara basically) and he/she could pull out a knife and have a multi-slash final smash similar to Sheik's.

Not very original idea for a FS I know, which is why I'm curious as to what other people have in mind.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

One idea I have is that Frisk eyes could turn red (become chara basically) and he/she could pull out a knife and have a multi-slash final smash similar to Sheik's.

Not very original idea for a FS I know, which is why I'm curious as to what other people have in mind.
I want something akin to Peach which specifically references the final battle with Omega Flowey where every attack that the enemy dish out heals you but that sounds really overpowered.

amageish

Smash Master
I have no memory of where I saw this idea, but I have seen it suggested that Frisk should have two final smashes - one that does damage and one that is very Peach-esque with a focus on healing - with the peaceful final smash kicking in if the violent one "misses." I like that idea.

Act -> Post Noms List

50+ noms
Monika - x135
Elma - x88
Jill Stingray - x85
Scorpion - x83
Sir Arthur - x75
Bill & Lance - x70
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70

Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Laharl - x65
Hat Kid - x65

26-50 noms
Saber - x50
Warframe rep - x45
Estelle Bright - x45
Endo Mamoru - x45
2B - x40
Ryza - x35
Bubsy - x35
Wilfre* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Heavy - x30
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x30

11-25 noms
Klonoa - x25
Octoling - x25
Shovel Knight - x25
Trauma Center Content - x22
Black Mage - x20
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Sly Cooper - x18
Astral Chain rep - x15

5-10 noms
Chun-Li - x10
Daitoryo - x10
Gordon Freeman - x10
Axel Stone - x5
Ezio - x5
Chibi-Robo - x5
9-volt - x5
Gunvolt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Darkest Dungeon Content - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3

My tentative solution for people without threads is to put an * beside their name. I think we should let them collect noms for a bit, and then hopefully they'll have a thread made by the time their day rolls around? Does this seem fair?

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Speaking of noms, I have 25 right? Distribute 10 of those to Laharl... Wait no, all 25 of them to Axel Stone

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Frisk's Classic Mode I can imagine could be themed after monsters, which serve as A.I. allies with each subsequent battle leading up to Marx representing Omega Flowey as the Final Boss.
I went for a route where Frisk fights kid characters (titled "You Gotta Be Kidding Me"). Did still use Marx as the boss, though.

In keeping with how my moveset's specials rely on summoning attacks from the most important monsters in the game, my FS sees Frisk summon Flowey. He lashes with a vine whip, and any victims are transported to a cinematic where they're trapped in the Bullet Box and hit with Omega Flowey attacks before a huge rainbow laser ends it.
I have no memory of where I saw this idea, but I have seen it suggested that Frisk should have two final smashes - one that does damage and one that is very Peach-esque with a focus on healing - with the peaceful final smash kicking in if the violent one "misses." I like that idea.
I'm not the biggest fan of trying to cram both pacifist and genocide concepts into Frisk, or trying to justify that with complicated mechanics, but this FS idea seems worthwhile. Maybe my Flowey FS could be the "violent" one. Not sure what the "peaceful" one would actually be, though.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I haven't been keeping up on the discussion that much, but is there a commonly agreed-upon way to implement the famous Mercy options?
Maybe a command grab that reduces a Fighter's damage output to represent the slow process of befriending monsters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom