• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
I'm bored, so I'm going to think up gimmicks for characters not commonly mentioned here.
Arthur: A heavy weight character with lots of power and lots of projectiles. However, when his damage meter hits 100%, he looses his armor and becomes light weight.
The true dream opponent for any combo based character right there, I approve and can only dream of such a thing.

Interesting idea though, seems like something could work if it was toned down a bit, functioning like Lucario's aura but instead affects his weight so it's not an abrubt BAM LIGHTWEIGHT SPEED.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay so other than Bayonetta or a Sonic character, who is a classic and or big name from Sega? I can think of a few but I want to see what you all think.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Okay so other than Bayonetta or a Sonic character, who is a classic and or big name from Sega? I can think of a few but I want to see what you all think.
Alex Kidd, Nights, or Aiai. However, the best idea for a Smash character ever: Ecco the Dolphin.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'll admit I'm not as familiar with Sega as I am with Namco, Konami, or Capcom, but if Sega owns Atlus and Atlus owns Shin Megami Tensei, then it'd be cool to see someone from that series in Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The best SEGA character is Dr. Eggman, and don't try to convince me otherwise. :estatic:

:231:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Inb4 people vote for Tsubasa Oribe because of her "exclusives".

Hey man, those exclusives are pretty well worth it. I don't blame anyone for doing that.

I doubt she had much plot going with her, but Tharja is more known as the type who's always behind the right subject. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah but if someone's in front of her, she'll melt like a ice cream on a Saturday evening. That's when it's perfect to get with her :4sonic:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alex Kidd, Nights, or Aiai. However, the best idea for a Smash character ever: Ecco the Dolphin.
*imagines Ecco flopping about on the stage since he has no legs*

LOL

I doubt he's a good fit for Smash.

If they make another Sonic and All-Stars Racing game, though, he NEEDS to be playable in that. NEEDS.

Tails will always be my choice for a second Sega rep in Smash just out of pure nostalgia. It's the type of choice that is sure to get me judged by the more bitter Smash communities, but I'm of the opinion that he's nowhere near as bad of a choice as the non video game character suggestions.

Or Geno. :troll:

. . .I apologize, Geno fans, that was rude and I'm (sort of) sorry.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The best SEGA character is Alicia Melchiott.

I cannot be convinced to the contrary.
But what about the other Valkyrian woman who's arguably the most famous character from the franchise?

Hell, she's even playable in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax as the series representative.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
But what about the other Valkyrian woman who's arguably the most famous character from the franchise?

Hell, she's even playable in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax as the series representative.
It's like the designers forgot physics are even a thing.

How does she even breathe?

Hell, even if the possibility is within a 0.00000000000000001% percentile, it would make me squee for days - Valkyria Chronicles will forever be recalled as a game that changed my frickin' life.

That said, I would be content with Advance Wars for my fix of cute guys and dolls piloting unrealistically-proportioned combat vessels.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Are we seriously talking about a second SEGA rep?

I don't care that Ryu managed to sneak his way in. I simply believe one character per third party company is enough.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
If there was a second Sega rep, I would honestly want Eggman. The amount of moves he could use from his mechs would be so cool to see executed in Smash.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If there was a second Sega rep, I would honestly want Eggman. The amount of moves he could use from his mechs would be so cool to see executed in Smash.
And that's another thing. Individual third party franchises getting multiple reps I got a major beef with because if Nintendo doesn't own the franchise a character represents, what is said character doing in the roster?

Answer: He/She is a GUEST. You can't just invite two different characters from a guest franchise into a NINTENDO all star game and not expect the game to get thrown out of balance.

(I hate being a Sonic fan sometimes)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm pretty sure Ryu is in because Sakurai is a huge Street Fighter fan and jumped at the chance.

D

Deleted member

Again with this? The discussion's hypothetical, you don't have to be a part of it if you don't care for it.
There is irony in what he's saying that I won't get into right now. :laugh:

By which I'm referring to the one you're quoting, not you.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And that's another thing. Individual third party franchises getting multiple reps I got a major beef with because if Nintendo doesn't own the franchise a character represents, what is said character doing in the roster?

Answer: He/She is a GUEST. You can't just invite two different characters from a guest franchise into a NINTENDO all star game and not expect the game to get thrown out of balance.

(I hate being a Sonic fan sometimes)
It should only really matter if the character is fun or not. If 5 Fire Emblem characters didn't overturn this precious 'balance' you speak of, another Sega character won't.

Pakky

Smash Hero
It should only really matter if the character is fun or not. If 5 Fire Emblem characters didn't overturn this precious 'balance' you speak of, another Sega character won't.

Speaking of which you people love swordsmen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This again? Swordsmen are popular, even if you see them everywhere (actually, that's exactly why you see them everywhere.)

As long as they have something to stand out, I don't see a problem.

Pakky

Smash Hero
This again? Swordsmen are popular, even if you see them everywhere (actually, that's exactly why you see them everywhere.)

As long as they have something to stand out, I don't see a problem.

True but when you already have a big man with a big sword that has small fire manipulation abilities, do you really need another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another?

I just feel that why scramble for more of the same when you have the opportunity to have something completely different and fun?

Last edited:
Do :4miisword: I :4robinf: have :4tlink: to :4feroy: remind :4myfriends: you that :4marth: swordsmen :4shulk: can be cool? :4Isaac:

True but when you already have a big man with a big sword that has small fire manipulation abilities, do you really need another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another?

I just feel that why scramble for more of the same when you have the opportunity to have something completely different and fun?
you know except for the fact that there is still plenty of room for swordsmen to be unique and fun

EX Lyn/takamaru/Isaac/Fiora/Corrin etc

Swords have plenty of style and potential. there is a reason why swords have so muc huse in media

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

They're adding swordsmen because they are popular and people are asking for them.

:4myfriends:Every:4link:swordsman:4lucina:is:4marth:a:4metaknight:popular:4robinm:character.:4shulk:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom