• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I considered the TF2 classes and Chell but I think they just barely miss the mark.
I can understand the TF2 classes to an extent, but I do think Chell is pretty popular. Portal's a really well-known game, considering the tons of references and jokes to at least the Portal Gun and GLADOS, although some people do have some trouble remembering Chell's name I guess.

I dunno, either way, as amazing as it would be, we probably won't get any Valve characters in Smash, like, ever.

Aw.

I just excited myself for Chell knowing it would never happen. I feel sad now :crying:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm just trying to think of third party characters I think are "iconic."

Ignoring series, company, etc...

Hmm....

Outside of the third parties we have in Smash...

Rayman
Cloud
Master Chief
Bomberman
Pyramid Head
Jill Valentine
Frogger
Simon Belmont
Gordon Freeman
Heihachi
Nightmare
Scorpion
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Kratos
Call of Duty Soldier
Dance Dance Revolution Guy
World of Warcraft Character
Leage of Legends Character
Grand Theft Auto Character
Sim
Lara Craft
DoomGuy
Slime

There are more I'm sure, but I thought this was a good list.

Third Party characters in Smash should have comparable pedigree.
I don't know if some of the generic stand-in characters could be considered iconic.
I have no idea what I'm supposed to imagine when a League of Legends, GTA, Sims, or DDR is brought up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know if some of the generic stand-in characters could be considered iconic.
I have no idea what I'm supposed to imagine when a League of Legends, GTA, Sims, or DDR is brought up.
Well...

That's because I don't play those series. I know almost nothing about them.

So, my bad, not the bad of the series.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman

Hmm....

"Classic" Heist Mode confirmed.

Dance Dance Revolution have actual characters? I've always assumed it was pretty much someone like the reckless safety man dancing as you step on the pads.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Hmm....

Rayman
Cloud
Master Chief
Bomberman
Pyramid Head
Jill Valentine
Frogger
Simon Belmont
Gordon Freeman
Heihachi
Nightmare
Scorpion
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Kratos
Call of Duty Soldier
Dance Dance Revolution Guy
World of Warcraft Character
Leage of Legends Character
Sim
Lara Craft
DoomGuy
Slime

There are more I'm sure, but I thought this was a good list.

Third Party characters in Smash should have comparable pedigree.
I'd put Nathan Drake in there. Main protagonist of the Uncharted series which is a pretty big deal on Playstation (even if he's basically just a male Lara Croft).
GTA changes lead characters a lot. I'd simply pick Trevor because he's the fan favourite for GTA V.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well...
That's because I don't play those series. I know almost nothing about them.
So, my bad, not the bad of the series.
Well...if these series had "iconic" characters I think you'd know them by name or at least know what they look like...
For WoW, the most iconic character is probably the Lich King...for GTA, Niko Bellic.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Someone was talking about Bubsy on the previous page.... I have the dubious honour of actually beating the first game, which is a decent-yet-brutal platformer. Only took me 5 years. :p

:231:

I know people were talking about phantasy star so here
http://www.segadriven.com/2015/07/s...-available-officially-in-the-west-in-english/

also if league were to het a character it would be either teemo ryze or katarina
Teemo is one of the most well known and the "cute" one (you know except the fact the dude is insane)
Katarina and ryze are on pretty much everything advertisement related

Or if sakurai wanted to troll us he would put nidalee. BTW **** nidalee

Sackboy from LBP might fit the bill too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know people were talking about phantasy star so here
http://www.segadriven.com/2015/07/s...-available-officially-in-the-west-in-english/

also if league were to het a character it would be either teemo ryze or katarina
Teemo is one of the most well known and the "cute" one (you know except the fact the dude is insane)
Katarina and ryze are on pretty much everything advertisement related

Or if sakurai wanted to troll us he would put nidalee. BTW **** nidalee

Sackboy from LBP might fit the bill too.
Everyone hates Teemo because he's annoying. A friend of mine was so pissed off at a Teemo player when drunk, he kept flaming him for using Teemo. It was his teammate

Troykv

Smash Master
Here's a list of everything "Did you Know Gaming Smash Bros part 1 and 2" got wrong.

It's quite a bit of misinformation, and I'm sure even after this article people will still believe these lies. It's not all DYKG's fault, it's just a lack of proper research. Anyhow, enjoy.
Those video's type needs to stop existe to avoid more possible errors.... Okey no... I'm only think that I see before other misinformation between the actual facts.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Those video's type needs to stop existe to avoid more possible errors.... Okey no... I'm only think that I see before other misinformation between the actual facts.
I dont think these types of video need to stop, I think people need to be way more considerate of properly sourcing everything, and fact checking before repeating. It's the Internet, we have access to the world's information at your fingerprints. However, people lie. A lot. Unfortunately, we need to go through all the misinformation to get the true picture.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Maybe I'm moving in the wrong circles, but I honestly think Team Fortress 2's Heavy is more famous than any individual League of Legends character.
You know something? I wouldn't mind seeing Heavy Weapons Guy in Super Smash Bros even though I only watch TF2 videos on YouTube. He certainly is the one I'd choose for a Valve representative, but that does mean we'd have to see TF2 ported for Nintendo first.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Maybe I'm moving in the wrong circles, but I honestly think Team Fortress 2's Heavy is more famous than any individual League of Legends character.
Heavy is basically the face of TF2. He had the first "Meet the Class" video and has appeared in all other videos involving TF2 from Valve.
He's usually front and centre as a result.

He also appears in the Steam version of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed alongside Pyro and Spy.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Are we actually considering TF2 and LoL characters for Smash?

Welp. I'm done

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Are we actually considering TF2 and LoL characters for Smash?
Good lord no, I think we were just discussing the most iconic video game characters. Heavy's only link to Smash is a cross over with Sonic on PC after all.

I love me some Team Fortress 2(probably my most played game) but TF2 has about as much reason to be in Smash as Nathan Drake does right now; not to mention since Steam's getting it's own 'console' they're basically rivals now.

That said; in the hypothetical Team Fortress 2 in Smash world, as long as Medic makes some sort of cameo in Heavy's moveset/victory animation, I'd be very satisfied. UBERCHARGE Final Smash maybe?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Good lord no, I think we were just discussing the most iconic video game characters. Heavy's only link to Smash is a cross over with Sonic on PC after all.

I love me some Team Fortress 2(probably my most played game) but TF2 has about as much reason to be in Smash as Nathan Drake does right now; not to mention since Steam's getting it's own 'console' they're basically rivals now.

That said; in the hypothetical Team Fortress 2 in Smash world, as long as Medic makes some sort of cameo in Heavy's moveset/victory animation, I'd be very satisfied. UBERCHARGE Final Smash maybe?
It needs to be a Heavy/Pocket Medic combo (like the Ice Climbers) because that's what you always see in TF2 pub servers.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Only if Scout is an Assist Trophy. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Deal. Prepare for the Bonk memes though.

Although honestly every TF2 class would make for a great AT.
Pyro as an AT: Appears and walks forwards in a straight line firing his flamethrower before turning around and doing it again in the other direction.

Pyro as an AT: Appears and walks forwards in a straight line firing his flamethrower before turning around and doing it again in the other direction.
also deals more damage to enemies if it hits them in the back. :troll:

Sniper: throws jarate increasing damage dealt

Engineer: builds a sentry then uses rancho relaxo

Spy: stabs people in the face and refuses to use revlover randomly instakills enemies. chance increases as lag increases

etc etc

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Looks like someone has been playing with bad Backburner or average Phlog Pyros. My apologies.

People really need to Airblast rockets/arrows/grenades/sandman baseballs, extinguishing team mates and puff and sting more. Or aid with removing sappers, or nailing snipers with flare gun shots. Pyro's got a bad rep from these dopes. He can do plenty of helpful things for his team mates outside W+M1. People just don't do it.

As a Pyro player who is entirely team based, it annoys me that these guys are making people run straight past me whilst on fire in fear I won't extinguish them. Tsk. Sorry, this struck a nerve.

ANYWAY THIS IS SOMEWHAT OFF TOPIC.

My point is I think Heavy's probably not too far away from Rayman in terms of acknowledgement these days, even if the majority of reason is Source animation tool taking over Youtube.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If not for the guns, TF2 would probably be at home in Smash. It's such a huge divergence from the normal gritty FPS look, plus all the wacky hijinks the game allows you to do.

Pakky

Smash Hero
If not for the guns, TF2 would probably be at home in Smash. It's such a huge divergence from the normal gritty FPS look, plus all the wacky hijinks the game allows you to do.

The Pyro would fit nicely, no gun on it. The Medic, the Demoman, and possibly the Engineer as well.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

There's Soldier with one of his banners instead of a Shotgun, Demoman, Medic and a Pyro using a Flare Gun instead of a Shotty to get rid of the bullets problem.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
There's Soldier with one of his banners instead of a Shotgun, Demoman, Medic and a Pyro using a Flare Gun instead of a Shotty to get rid of the bullets problem.
Worth remembering Scout is often showcased more with his baseball bat than his scattergun in official shots. Heck, his 'Meet the Scout' video has him take Heavy on for his Sandvich JUST using his bat*. Unfortunately it's Heavy that's the mascot character and there's not really anyway to get around the fact he has a huge deadly minigun.

*not a good strategy incidentally, unless the Heavy is mid Sandvich eat, and even then shooting him is more effective

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Worth remembering Scout is often showcased more with his baseball bat than his scattergun in official shots. Heck, his 'Meet the Scout' video has him take Heavy on for his Sandvich JUST using his bat*. Unfortunately it's Heavy that's the mascot character and there's not really anyway to get around the fact he has a huge deadly minigun.

*not a good strategy incidentally, unless the Heavy is mid Sandvich eat, and even then shooting him is more effective
I always go for the Taunt Kill on Heavies eating Sandvich (or Dalokahs Bar).
Scout could always use Mad Milk or the Flying Guillotine but all the primaries involve bullets. Soda Popper could be used just for extra jumps though.
TF2 classes need to use their taunt kills as a taunt (except Soldier because it's effectively a Suicide Bombing) if they were in a Smash styled game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What if Valve made their own Smash Bros.:

Okay, ignoring the fan-made female TF2 characters in that(sorry I'm a purist), I'd throw so much money at this it's not even funny. I can play as all the TF2 crew AND badass grandpa Bill Overbeck from Left 4 Dead? ALL OF THE MONEY. NOW.

(ha; Smoker being Yoshi, that's a nice touch.)

(Chell as Ness too. It had to be, but it's so perfect)

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

The New Splatoon Update took a very strange turn

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Looks like it's gonna be Bomberman judging from the icon and header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom