• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I will accept Nightmare on one condition and only one.

He has to have a taunt wherein he thrusts his demonic hand out and, whilst it pulsates with the unbridled energy of Soul Edge's malevolent will, he utters the words:

"The nightmare will devour your soul!"

We talkin' fighting game villains, though?

M. Bison.

His moveset, taunts, victory animations and alts write themselves~!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

He has to have a taunt wherein he thrusts his demonic hand out and, whilst it pulsates with the unbridled energy of Soul Edge's malevolent will, he utters the words:

M. Bison.

"But we can't have 2 characters from 1 third party franchise!!!!1111!!!!1!"

I think that Chun Li should be playable in Smash before Bison, but Bison's a good villain, I remember spamming Psycho Crusher in SF43DS

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

M. Bison.

Of course. That is a very easy condition to satisfy. :p

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Then I'm all for Nightmare~

He was my main for years back in SCII, until I discovered the joys of Mitsurugi-sensei~

I play Siegfried in SCIV and V and wow it's just like coming home again.

Would he have that utter madness of a Critical Edge as one of his moves? The unblockable one that takes off half your health bar?

Oh oh oh oh and dash attack has to be Rook Smash (gooood I love Rook Smash~)

And his d-tilt can be the back-breaking stomp.

And his jab can be punching with his demonic knuckles.

Final Smash can of course be Night Terror.

WHYYYY DOES THIS WORK SO WEEEELL

Troykv

Smash Master
You support Mici-Sue, of course you're boring :p

Nah, More FE characters means more FE goodness in Smash! Even Miciah*

*Before I read the Japanese spelling of her name, I thought it was a deviation from Messiah. Mi-Me, Ciah-Ssiah
I'm a ****ing dolt
Well... Micaiah (Mikaya)'s name has a similar origen that "Michael", an angel's name.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I was hoping for a windbox-character, using vacuum to suck opponents in and windboxes to push them away, essentialy screwing heavily with their momentum.

Instead, you opted for mostly drills which is really boring imo.
Well he doesn't have a vacuum so that wouldn't make sense. Unless I have missed something.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Mostly drills.
As a BJr main I'm very fond of piercing the heavens but it's lost potential when compared to Super Wind-Box the character.
I would have use the pump for his regular attacks but I felt the pump was best used for his specials and set ups.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also the drills/ jackhammer are a big part of his character, ignoring that would be unfaithful to how is represented in both of his games.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wasn't Heihachi considered but scrapped as his playstyle wouldn't fit in smash or am I remembering things wrong?
Sakurai did consider Heihachi as a potential Bandai Namco character. He said his moveset would be difficult to implement in Smash, not necessarily about being unfitting in Smash.

You might want to check this out: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/06/26/800/

ryuu seika

Smash Master
and they don't need Diddy Kong Racing since they have their own version which cut out Banjo and Conker.
I was going to leave it at what I'd said. I was going to be sensible. I was going to avoid getting into arguments.
But then someone mentioned Diddy Kong Racing DS.

Diddy Kong Racing DS is a completely different and, in my view atleast, utterly inferior game to its N64 predecessor. The physics were changed to be far more akin to Mario Kart, the starting boost mechanics were swapped out for clunky motion controls and the rocket power up line became next to useless and, at its highest level, became actually detrimental. Speaking of which, they also made it impossible to replace one item with another, making it even easier to screw yourself up the exhaust. They implemented a new upgrade system without making any balance adjustments, replaced the silver coin missions with poke-fests and shelved the minigames in favour of a track editor that barely worked. Oh and did I mention the atrocious new music and the fact that they plastered Diddy's face on every wall just to remind us that, no, it's not Pipsy Mouse Racing.
The loss of Conker and Banjo barely even mattered.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Would it be playing favourites to bring an Assist Trophy like Waluigi into Smash as DLC, or would it be due to Nintendo's intervention that such a thing could occur?

I ask because the most recent "leak" mentions Waluigi as a DLC candidate, and I consider it to be interesting food for thought.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Would it be playing favourites to bring an Assist Trophy like Waluigi into Smash as DLC, or would it be due to Nintendo's intervention that such a thing could occur?

I ask because the most recent "leak" mentions Waluigi as a DLC candidate, and I consider it to be interesting food for thought.
It entirely depends whether or not said NPC is popular with fans or not. If they promote Chibi Robo as a fighter solely based on his new game, Nintendo's doing something. If they make a more popular NPC such as the likes of Waluigi, Ridley and Takamaru, fan demand would have been involved, which is good

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It entirely depends whether or not said NPC is popular with fans or not. If they promote Chibi Robo as a fighter solely based on his new game, Nintendo's doing something. If they make a more popular NPC such as the likes of Waluigi, Ridley and Takamaru, fan demand would have been involved, which is good
I mean promoting any NPC.

For better or for worse, it opens the floodgates for intense demand.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Speaking of NPC, what do you guys think are the chances of Saki Amamiya in any future Smash game?

I definitely want it but I wouldn't say he's a sure candidate by a long shot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

If they do indeed chose to have this as an option, they need to confirm it before the ballot ends. Can you imagine all the fans of the NPCs being devastated to learn that had they simply known NPCs could be voted for that they could have made it in? That's honestly terrible, especially for people like me who wanted characters who became NPCs

I dont see the problem with fans wanting what they want ;)

hell if the potential is there for a unique/popular newcomer I dont see any downside of upgrading (as much as I dont think its happening)

*cough* the group I made makes me bias *cough*

I now just realized Isaac is one of the more popular DLC characters right now. I wonder how his popularity would be if he was still an AT. . .

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Speaking of NPC, what do you guys think are the chances of Saki Amamiya in any future Smash game?

I definitely want it but I wouldn't say he's a sure candidate by a long shot.
Personally I'd prefer Kachi

A Girl, a more obvious ^B
A Recurring Character, A Villain

Pakky

Smash Hero
I dont care at all for dig dug. never liked the game much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I didn't ask about your opinion on the game. I asked for a critique on my set. Also if you don't care at all for Dig Dug why did you even respond?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm no Tekken expert or anything, but I've noticed that Heihachi is usually the "cross-over" character from that series. I always thought that Jin was the protagonist? I know that some companies do not promote the protagonist as much as others, but what role does Heihachi play? I know he's Jin's grandfather or something like that. Is he the antagonist?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I didn't ask about your opinion on the game. I asked for a critique on my set. Also if you don't care at all for Dig Dug why did you even respond?
Likely because you've posted 3 or 4 times now about it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Does anyone have a worthwhile criticism of my set or should I just not expect anything?

Likely because you've posted 3 or 4 times now about it.
And yet no one has commented the page or anything...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm no Tekken expert or anything, but I've noticed that Heihachi is usually the "cross-over" character from that series. I always thought that Jin was the protagonist? I know that some companies do not promote the protagonist as much as others, but what role does Heihachi play? I know he's Jin's grandfather or something like that. Is he the antagonist?
From what I understand, Heihachi is the family name, kinda like Link being the protagonit but changing.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Does anyone have a worthwhile criticism of my set or should I just not expect anything?

And yet no one has commented the page or anything...
Because people either aren't acquainted with Dig Dug or simply aren't interested.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Because people either aren't acquainted with Dig Dug (as the other poster was saying regarding himself) or simply aren't interested.
Which is weird because its not like he's some nobody character. He should be second in line under Pac-man really. And I'm not being biased either. All this talk of Nightmare and Tekken is well, strange, they're cool characters but I fail to see the disinterest in Dig Dug.

Also it's rude to express disinterest when someone is asking for a critique.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Heihachi is the main antagonist of the series. He's essentially the M. Bison of the games, though there's usually "true" final boss after him, like Ogre or Unknown.

The protagonist of the series was originally Kazuya (Heihachi's son), though in Tekken 3, Jin (Heihachi's grandson) took over. The central theme of the story is the war between Heihachi's organisation, the Mishima Zaibatsu, and Kazuya's organisation, the Tekken Corporation, with Jin caught in the middle between the two. Heihachi tries to use Jin's cursed "Devil Gene" to awaken the boy's full power and take over the world, while Kazuya tries to use Jin for his own purposes and ultimately defeat his hated father.

Heihachi is just a very iconic character and essentially the mascot of the series, in the same way that Nightmare is the antagonist and mascot of the Soul series, even though Siegfried is the protagonist for most of the series up until V, when Patroklos takes over.

tl;dr - He's the bad guy, but he's very popular and the most iconic character in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom