• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, about this 3ds demo, where we will know its content?

Because I`m probably either getting my most wanted a big hit or either not changing if the stage is playable or not.

So, it`s kinda weird to be in this situation. So, when we will know what`s in the store demo in JP?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'll be content with whatever happens. I've already got my most wanted characters (Pit, Palutena) and some I didn't even know I wanted (Greninja, Lucina) - anything else is just making a good situation even better!

I'm cautiously yet eagerly anticipating Ridley / K. Rool / Mewtwo. Cautiously. Yet also eagerly. While I think it's highly possible, if not outright probable, that they're included, I'm not going to kick and scream if they're not present. It's been a great ride all the same, and I really and truly do think it's only going to get better from here on in!

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
One thing I want to point out...
Sakurai said the 3DS and Wii U versions would have the same roster.
However.
He did not say they would have the same roster at the same time...
I just hope we don't have to like own both versions to get charcaters. That would suck BIG time

im still hoping REALLY hard for lucas. i mean, its MOTHERS 25th anniversary why would you cut lucas?? sigh

on regards to mewtwo, hes ultra popular in america AND japan right? i think hes probably the most likely veteran right now
I want Mewtwo back, like, there's no one else I care for other than him [and Sonic]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cruncher93

Smash Cadet
Pessimistic stance in case the roster isn't full: Mii take 3 spaces on the bottom row, so you chose brawler, gunner, fighter and then instead of colors you chose one of your pre-made miis. Then we would miss two characters.

Do we know how the Miis are selected when customisation is on?

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
I just hope we don't have to like own both versions to get charcaters. That would suck BIG time
So far there are 2 reasons to own both games
1. Because people want to own both
2. to get the soundtrack from club nintendo

I highly doubt they would do that because it doesn't make sense to do so. All-star mode would have that pad lock for about a month and a half(if we're assuming the wii u version is coming in Novemeber) because we needed to wii U version to unlock the rest.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
I personally think there's only one unrevealed/unleaked character left

Highly doubting Mewtwo and K. Rool. Although I believe Ridley has a big chance after reading the speculation thread.

D

Deleted member

I personally think there's only one unrevealed/unleaked character left

Highly doubting Mewtwo and K. Rool. Although I believe Ridley has a big chance after reading the speculation thread.
You just had to go there :laugh:

As for the other characters, I do believe we are getting 2,4, or 5 characters depending on how you select Miis. As for who they are, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Boys, Impa, and Paper Mario seem like safe guesses.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Okay can I just say that I'd be really disappointed if that starting roster leak or whatever is our real starting roster? I love unlocking the characters because it gives us something to work towards. Hell, I'd be fine with the starting roster being the original 12 and then we get to unlock everyone else. Does anyone agree?
that would be awesome you would have 40+ characters to unlock to keep you occupied.

D

Deleted member

that would be awesome you would have 40+ characters to unlock to keep you occupied.
I don't like unlocking characters, I think its busy-work meant as a time-waster. I already know about all the characters, I just want to play as them! And I don't need to be occupied with unlocking characters. Its not like I'll play this for years to come anyway, like I've done with Brawl :reverse: (and maybe Melee if its on the Virtual Console anytime ever)

mark welford

Smash Ace
I don't like unlocking characters, I think its busy-work meant as a time-waster. I already know about all the characters, I just want to play as them! And I don't need to be occupied with unlocking characters. Its not like I'll play this for years to come anyway, like I've done with Brawl :reverse: (and maybe Melee if its on the Virtual Console anytime ever)
but after you would unlock them if the original 12 thing happened you would have the feeling of accomplishment a feeling that is one of the best in the world.

plumpythepanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
plumpythepanda
3DS FC
3325-1502-8082
C'mon. You can't say that you don't like unlocking characters.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Sakurai should've had it where the original 8 were the only starters, and he just didn't announce anyone. Make it all a secret. Oh, and make the game world-wide like Pokemon X and Y.
personally, i wouldve objected to this

if it were like this, all it would be is waiting and thats it. just, waiting for the game to come out. you would just sit there and wait a year and a couple of months. theres speculation, yes, but still.

thats just my opinion though.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Sakurai should've had it where the original 8 were the only starters, and he just didn't announce anyone. Make it all a secret. Oh, and make the game world-wide like Pokemon X and Y.
This would actually make me so happy. I love surprises and unlocking characters, I would be so up for this.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Pessimistic stance in case the roster isn't full: Mii take 3 spaces on the bottom row, so you chose brawler, gunner, fighter and then instead of colors you chose one of your pre-made miis. Then we would miss two characters.

Do we know how the Miis are selected when customisation is on?
As far as I know, there's a screen that allows you to choose between normal characters and Miis. The thing is we don't know if that screen is to choose the characters or to customize them.

If someone knows more about this, please step up.

Burruni

Smash Hero
All the Bayonetta information remotely related to other Nintendo titles was showing off of 5 of those themed weapons/costume sets. Two were new.

Princess Peach
Princess Daisy
Samus Aran
"Linkette"
Fox McCloud.

So, short of the jokes of "Bayonetta only. Final Destination. No Items." There was nothing Smash related at all.

Also, to note. I plan to make my 300th post on Friday the 12th as a special one, for everyone to reflect back on these 14 months. Look forward to it folks.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I find it interesting people think Wolf is cut since we haven't seen Falco yet (announced) . I guess they forgot that they were both unlockable in Brawl.
Honestly, if we've only got one character (which I find highly doubtful), its probably Wolf. Ice Climbers and Lucas are extremely questionable at this point, unfortunately. Maybe they can be DLC later, but its incredibly unlikely they're in the game by default. But Wolf? Oh yeah, I highly doubt he's got at all.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Honestly, if we've only got one character (which I find highly doubtful), its probably Wolf. Ice Climbers and Lucas are extremely questionable at this point, unfortunately. Maybe they can be DLC later, but its incredibly unlikely they're in the game by default. But Wolf? Oh yeah, I highly doubt he's got at all.
Yeah I agree, Wolf is a lock in my opinion. Of course, I personally think Sakurai got the Ice Climbers in last, but that's just me.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I find it interesting people think Wolf is cut since we haven't seen Falco yet (announced) . I guess they forgot that they were both unlockable in Brawl.
I don't think wolf would make it in before falco though. I have no problem with wolf being in, as long as lucas is in as well...something just truly bothers me of a scenario where star fox gets to keep all three of its characters but mother gets sliced to one...

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't think wolf would make it in before falco though. I have no problem with wolf being in, as long as lucas is in as well...something just truly bothers me of a scenario where star fox gets to keep all three of its characters but mother gets sliced to one...
I personally think that no one should be cut. I loved Roy in Melee, and I hate cuts because of that. Falco is a lock, but there is no point in cutting the main bad guy from Starfox, and he isn't that much of a clone at all, so I think he's still around. Lucas, is Japan only, just like Roy was, and he's much more like Ness than Wolf is to Fox or Falco. That's the only reason why I think Sakurai would cut Lucas and not Wolf.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Unfortunately, the fact is that the Mother franchise is dead... Star Fox is continuing, but Mother is stagnant. I wanted Lucas back as well, but it makes sense for Star Fox to have more characters. It doesn't make all that much sense for Mother to have two characters. Either way I think Lucas would still be added back as DLC regardless.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Be warned everybody. If I happen to meet you online in the game, i am going to spam the ever loving crap out of this taunt:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Unfortunately, the fact is that the Mother franchise is dead... Star Fox is continuing, but Mother is stagnant. I wanted Lucas back as well, but it makes sense for Star Fox to have more characters. It doesn't make all that much sense for Mother to have two characters. Either way I think Lucas would still be added back as DLC regardless.
I would agree with that notion, but to my knowledge the final roster was probably already decided before the new star fox was announced, so both franchises were dormant when those decisions were made.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Excpt Wolf isn't the main bad guy, he's an anti-hero.
Wolf is the Wario to Fox's Mario. Andross is the bad guy.
Wolf is a major antagonist and the most recurring antagonist in the series. Yes, Andross is the main antagonist in Star Fox, 64, Adventures, and 64's remake. Wolf appears in two more games Andross does not appear in, and Andross is dead by that point. Unless Miyamoto resurrects Andross again, Wolf is the main antagonist capable of being represented in Smash (Andross is just a floating head and hands).

I would agree with that notion, but to my knowledge the final roster was probably already decided before the new star fox was announced, so both franchises were dormant when those decisions were made.
It did get one remake, though. Its also a lot more popular overall.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Because it's totally possible for andross to be in smash, in terms of smash wolf's the main bad guy
I'm not taking Smash into account.

What kind of thinking is that anyway
Wait what? I didn't know that about Wolf. His looks reminded me of a villain.
Yeah, he's just a mercenary who follows his client's orders. (In 64, that client is Andross) He has a rivalry with Fox, but he isn't really bad. He's mostly in for the money or whatever else he wants. He's bad in the way that he's a criminal, but that's it.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's been in development for 7 years, sakurai will have known about it

Yeah, he's just a mercenary who follows his client's orders. (In 64, that client is Andross) He has a rivalry with Fox, but he isn't really bad. He's mostly in for the money or whatever else he wants.
What I mean is that wolf is the only star fox villain who can be in smash so you might as well treat him like the villain

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

What I mean is that wolf is the only star fox villain who can be in smash so you might as well treat him like the villain
No it hasn't, its been in concept for 7 years. The game literally only just started development.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Yeah, he's just a mercenary who follows his client's orders. (In 64, that client is Andross) He has a rivalry with Fox, but he isn't really bad. He's mostly in for the money or whatever else he wants. He's bad in the way that he's a criminal, but that's it.
Now I really need to play Starfox, this strangely is giving me a wanting to play one of the games one day. I need to find out for myself. O.o

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I personally think that no one should be cut. I loved Roy in Melee, and I hate cuts because of that. Falco is a lock, but there is no point in cutting the main bad guy from Starfox, and he isn't that much of a clone at all, so I think he's still around. Lucas, is Japan only, just like Roy was, and he's much more like Ness than Wolf is to Fox or Falco. That's the only reason why I think Sakurai would cut Lucas and not Wolf.
I understand where you are coming from saying that wolf is more set apart from falco and fox, than lucas is from ness.. but as a lucas main, and a person that loves playing as him but generally dislikes ness.. i have to disagree. their play style feels very distant, in a similar way that wolf probably feels from falco or fox.

And as far as being Japan only...I lived in Japan for 7 years, and well Japan is a very domestic country, despite its efforts to be more "international"... so I just have a feeling that the Japanese domestic market is still first priority when it comes to putting together games like this.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't see it as a time waster since I'm content to enjoy the game at my own pace and take everything as it comes.

Even if you started with just 12 characters it would still be amazing fun. The first smash bros did alright didn't it? The difference here being you'd start off with a really fun game that grew to be an amazingly fun game over time. I love that kind of progression.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wolf is a major antagonist and the most recurring antagonist in the series. Yes, Andross is the main antagonist in Star Fox, 64, Adventures, and 64's remake. Wolf appears in two more games Andross does not appear in, and Andross is dead by that point. Unless Miyamoto resurrects Andross again, Wolf is the main antagonist capable of being represented in Smash (Andross is just a floating head and hands).
And yet in those two games you mentioned, he mostly helped Fox.

Dude is just a criminal for hire. He ain't a real villain.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I have not looked into this at all.. so could be totally wrong but I thought the development for this new star fox game was just announced like within the past 6 months..

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Now I really need to play Starfox, this strangely is giving me a wanting to play one of the games one day. I need to find out for myself. O.o
Eh. Star Fox 64 is the only that I'd actually recommend. Assault is decent enough though.

Still, do play 64. It is amazing.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Is anyone else actually ok with the idea of them dropping Lucas/Wolf for 2 unique newcomers, or am I alone?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
64 is best overall, original was pretty good for it's time, and Assault has the best multiplayer, as well as being pretty good on it's own. Aside from those 3 i wouldn't recommend anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom