• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Alright, back from my break. A stubbornly optimistic roster (also a re-design) comes with me :p

I believe the leak. There's nothing about it I can't buy (though the roster image is skeptical, there's nothing in particular, especially since seeing those images in better quality somewhere else). I also believe the starting roster, as much as I don't want to. That in mind, this has 23 unlockables. 64: 4/12 unlockable (33 %) Melee: 11/26 unlockable (42 %) Brawl: 14/39 unlockable (36 %) 4: 23/60 unlockable? (39 %)

While I still think I'm being overly optimistic about this, taking into account the size of the starting roster, I don't think this is overdoing it by much.
I agree that you're overly-optimistic. With that said however, if this ended up being the final roster, I would cry rainbow tears of happiness that would cause world peace.

Redcard

Smash Cadet
I didn't get to post this in the "Potential Roster/Stage Thread" or whatever before it got locked, so I felt this was the next best place.
W-What if Mewtwo takes a spot next to the clones as an alt costume for Lucario?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I didn't get to post this in the "Potential Roster/Stage Thread" or whatever before it got locked, so I felt this was the next best place.
Mewtwo and Lucario play nothing like each other, apart from their regular special attack. So having Mewtwo as a Lucario alt. would be very weird. It's a common misconception, but Lucario, who might have taken Mewtwo's model as base for his, is not a clone of Mewtwo at all.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I do admire your optimism!
Thank you! :) I honestly believe this is within the realm of possibility. My goal has never been to predict the roster. I want to make what I believe is a roster that could satisfy the most Nintendo fans. I don't even find Lucas all that likely anymore, but there he is alongside Masked Man. Why? Because it'd be orgasmic for MOTHER fans. Do these two take away from how well other series are represented? Well, maybe, but I'm sure to they'd turn to Mario first ;) (That, and the series in question would be well represented. It's just got popular characters, such as Krystal and Dixie)

I agree that you're overly-optimistic. With that said however, if this ended up being the final roster, I would cry rainbow tears of happiness that would cause world peace.
Thanks a lot! Reactions like this are my goal when making rosters. If this was the final roster, I'd join you in rainbow tear gushing! :p

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know, with recent posts I've been seeing, a question popped up: Is Wolf the most hated character? Some people have been saying Wolf's the likeliest character to be cut, that he sucks, is a clone despite having tweaked specials - like Ganondorf, Falco, and other clones who became semi-clones - and an original normal/smash move set compared to Fox and Falco, and resembles Fox way too much - yes, the spiky shoulders, cyber-eyepatch, muscle shirt, and claws looks oh, so similar to a spiffy-looking Fox.

And here I thought that Pichu, Jigglypuff - come on, she needs to evolve pronto! -, and Lucario - Mewtwo's "replacement" - were the most hated.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
*Sceptile instead of Mewtwo*
View attachment 24130
Replace Marine's face with yours
Problem, Shadew? :troll:
I wouldn't worry about Mewtwo. He's going to be in the game... as unfinished code. Shots fired!

Overalls Wario.

Sorry but this gets a no from me.
Oh seriously? I thought the original costume was the proper attire. His biker costume seems so much less iconic. No one cares about Wario Land anymore.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
No choice is standout bad except for Toon Zelda, imo. Tetra serves the same purpose, but has the bonuses of being more unique, more popular, and appearing more. Other than that, just personal bias. A recommendation would just be to add Mewtwo, though. No cuts, just add the rest of his code :p

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
I don't see it as a time waster since I'm content to enjoy the game at my own pace and take everything as it comes.

Even if you started with just 12 characters it would still be amazing fun. The first smash bros did alright didn't it? The difference here being you'd start off with a really fun game that grew to be an amazingly fun game over time. I love that kind of progression.
I agree 100% I also feel that starting off with a smaller roster makes you appreciate each character more. Characters seem to be more throw-away if you're given a large roster to start with. Unlocking them individually has some magic to it. Shall I say, HYPE? I think we can all use Mewtwo in Melee as a perfect example of unlockable hype.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
But his overalls and shirt shows off his amazingly chiseled body! Just look at him; look at the glorious Adonis of Nintendo. :p
That picture just reminds me that Wario looks bad in 3D compared to 2D.

THIS IS WARIO

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
No choice is standout bad except for Toon Zelda, imo. Tetra serves the same purpose, but has the bonuses of being more unique, more popular, and appearing more. Other than that, just personal bias. A recommendation would just be to add Mewtwo, though. No cuts, just add the rest of his code :p
Trust me, this roster would be a lot more attractive if I had given in to my biases. We would have Krystal... Pig Ganon... Baby Dixie Kong in addition to Dixie Kong, the best roster that could be concieved. This one assumes the worst and tries to make the best out of a bad situation. Toon Zelda seemed like a nice compromise at the time, but it seems she's not so popular here. My mistake. I'll see about adding Mewtwo, but with competition like Skarmory and Tangela, it's becoming harder to justify his inclusion. =(

Thank you for your critique!

We'll have the forbidden 14 this time :awesome:
Also people besides ScatmansWorld25 still believe in Vaati?
I was obligated to add him in my 2nd roster per my agreement with Scatman. I thought you would be a little more excited to see a second Zelda villain. Where did all the hype in this room go? =P

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Who cares? As long as he's in, I'd be super happy! but that's just me

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That picture just reminds me that Wario looks bad in 3D compared to 2D.

THIS IS WARIO
I think the image I embedded is probably from his older renders. This is his Mario Party 8 render.

Personally, I like his Shake It! 2D look.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
Y'know, with recent posts I've been seeing, a question popped up: Is Wolf the most hated character? Some people have been saying Wolf's the likeliest character to be cut, that he sucks, is a clone despite having tweaked specials - like Ganondorf, Falco, and other clones who became semi-clones - and an original normal/smash move set compared to Fox and Falco, and resembles Fox way too much - yes, the spiky shoulders, cyber-eyepatch, muscle shirt, and claws looks oh, so similar to a spiffy-looking Fox.

And here I thought that Pichu, Jigglypuff - come on, she needs to evolve pronto! -, and Lucario - Mewtwo's "replacement" were the most hated.
I do not see Wolf being "the most hated character", nor do I understand why he was cut(if he was). I mean, his moves were pretty much completely unique from the other Star Fox characters and pretty much everyone else on the roster.
But I'm pretty sure there are a lot of reasons for Sakurai and the team to not include him in this game (IF hes not in it), but I just can't figure it out...:wolf:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I do not see Wolf being "the most hated character", nor do I understand why he was cut(if he was). I mean, his moves were pretty much completely unique from the other Star Fox characters and pretty much everyone else on the roster.
But I'm pretty sure there are a lot of reasons for Sakurai and the team to not include him in this game (IF hes not in it), but I just can't figure it out...:wolf:
Of the 4 veterans not shown in the leak, Wolf is the one I demand the most. Not only is he unique, but he represents the anti heroes/villains of Star Fox, obviously a major part of the series.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The real reason Wolf was cut:

Being a prick in Sakurai's office - telling him what he couldn't do and stuff. :p

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Hey guys the new songs could it hint at something? i mean... hear the SF new song

Ins't these the song used when you Wolf's team in SB 64?

Edit: my bad, both are so alike that i confused them :drshrug:

Last edited:

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
Of the 4 veterans not shown in the leak, Wolf is the one I demand the most. Not only is he unique, but he represents the anti heroes/villains of Star Fox, obviously a major part of the series.
I completely agree. I don't like to use the whole "we need more villans" argument, but I do think he represented a great part of Star Fox and just can't see why he would be cut!

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
This is going to sound like a weird opinion but I always felt like at face value Falco and Wolf played more similarly to eachother than either did to Fox.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll play along. My prediction roster...

Expected 3DS&WiiU Roster 2.png

Sorry for not including Ridley or King K. Rool in the roster, guys. I'm just not really anticipating them at this point.
But hey, Mewtwo is there. Right?
Also note that Chorus Men can basically be anyone unexpected. It could be another Rhythm Heaven character, or it can be someone we haven't even thought of. I just keep them there because they're the first characters I think of when contemplating what kind of unique secret character might be added to the roster. Thanks, Gematsu...

So that's my prediction roster. Mewtwo will more than likely be the only saving grace for anybody who looks at it. Haha.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
This is going to sound like a weird opinion but I always felt like at face value Falco and Wolf played more similarly to eachother than either did to Fox.
I always kinda felt that all 3 were pretty good variations of each other. In Brawl, both Fox and and Falco share some of the same special moves AND some normal A moves, while Wolf dosen't have any of the same normal A moves as the others.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I completely agree. I don't like to use the whole "we need more villans" argument, but I do think he represented a great part of Star Fox and just can't see why he would be cut!
I don't follow "we need more villains", exactly. But, I do think it's important to represent that aspect of series like Star Fox and other series that haven't gotten one yet. The only multi-rep series that I don't think needs one is Fire Emblem (Kid Icarus didn't really, but Dark Pit :p).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well except for ridley and mewtwo and impa (all 3 likely well impa is slightly less likely.)

Yea too much of a dream :snake::popo::wolf::lucas::squirtle::ivysaur: Are likely to say goodbye to smash (for this one anyway.)

The missings from the leak are likely the below

Ridley

Mewtwo

Impa

Dixie kong or king k rool

Chorus men or mach rider or bandana dee

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Could you explain? Besides it being a while since I played, but I remember playing Wolf aggressively compared to Fox and Falco. Fox was always my go-to character if I was having an off-day or coming back to Smash so he was a "standard" character for me like Ryu from Street Fighter. Falco, I think, was a bit more tactical and precision-based.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
The missings from the leak are likely the below

Ridley

Mewtwo

Impa

Dixie kong or king k rool

Chorus men or mach rider or bandana dee
I don't see why it's limited to 5. That's just an assumption we made. But, I think the most likely five are Wolf, Impa, K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130

View attachment 24134

Sorry for not including Ridley or King K. Rool in the roster, guys. I'm just not really anticipating them at this point.
Also note that Chorus Men can basically be anyone unexpected. It could be another Rhythm Heaven character, or it can be someone we haven't even thought of. I just keep them there because they're the first characters I think of when contemplating what kind of unique secret character might be added to the roster. Thanks, Gematsu...

So that's my prediction roster. Mewtwo will more than likely be the only saving grace for anybody who looks at it. Haha.
I like this!
The only thing i'm a little iffy on is Toon Zelda...but i'm pretty sure it's just someone you really want :shyguy:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't see why it's limited to 5. That's just an assumption we made. But, I think the most likely five are Wolf, Impa, K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo
Oh its the leak roster 1 more can go on the single reps row and 4 more on the row with shulk and the 3rd parties

I mean yea wolf is still possible but the big problem is ninka is the gemusuto 2.0 he said wolf is kicked he got a lot more right than gemusato so far. Even the all characters get 8 different patlette/costume swaps.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
I
I mean yea wolf is still possible but the big problem is ninka is the gemusuto 2.0 he said wolf is kicked he got a lot more right than gemusato so far. Even the all characters get 8 different patlette/costume swaps.
Gematsu 2.0 was already proven to be done by a fraud.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

View attachment 24134

Now this roster is absolutely dripping with quality, even though I'm not hipsterish enough to replace the Chorus Men with someone more obscure to make it even better. I'd reckon I would choose MC Adore or Wrestler & Reporter in place of them. :upsidedown: Two thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom