• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Not what he meant by Gematsu 2.0

He meant that this is a leak that's been as, and even more accurate then he was.

The only thing against that leaker that comes to mind is the alternate costumes bit. I don't know how Bowser Jr. could have the Koopalings when there are no outlines in the Wii U version. I doubt they'd change the character for a costume. Olimar also has 4 costumes already, and none of them are blue.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I like this!
The only thing i'm a little iffy on is Toon Zelda...but i'm pretty sure it's just someone you really want :shyguy:
I've actually gathered quite a bit of evidence to back up why I put Toon Zelda on my prediction roster. Enough to admit that I wholly believe that she is our most likely sixth Zelda representative, if we get a sixth that is. That being said, is Toon Zelda a character I really want? I'd have to say yes for a few reasons. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and I would like to see more of it represented in Smash. I also completely don't mind characters that would potentially be clones, so any character addition is welcome in my eyes (I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they differentiated Pit and Dark Pit). My last reason is that I've always seen Toon Zelda to be our most likely sixth Zelda representative despite most thinking differently, but I try to put any biases aside when predicting characters. For that reason I waited until I felt I had enough proof to back up her potential inclusion to start actively advocating for her due to the fact that I knew she would be a very controversial character to predict. I've been in a few debates regarding her chances since then, but I don't worry about it because I feel that I can present a good case. Make sense, right? Also, thanks for the feedback. I always appreciate getting it. :)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm trying to rack through my head on how they're going to market the Wii U version. If they don't go the route of addition characters on the Wii U (temporarily), then they are going to have to get creative.
Well, you challenged Nintendo in the one thing they do best. Getting creative is pretty much their trump card, and boy have I been waiting to see what their plan is. I know there has been little murmur as to what the Wii U version marketing will be, but honestly it has been on my brain from the beginning, and is absolutely vital in telling us what the games and the rosters hold.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
Not what he meant by Gematsu 2.0

He meant that this is a leak that's been as, and even more accurate then he was.

The only thing against that leaker that comes to mind is the alternate costumes bit. I don't know how Bowser Jr. could have the Koopalings when there are no outlines in the Wii U version. I doubt they'd change the character for a costume. Olimar also has 4 costumes already, and none of them are blue.
Oooh alright. Oopsies :3

I've actually gathered quite a bit of evidence to back up why I put Toon Zelda on my prediction roster. Enough to admit that I wholly believe that she is our most likely sixth Zelda representative, if we get a sixth that is. That being said, is Toon Zelda a character I really want? I'd have to say yes for a few reasons. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and I would like to see more of it represented in Smash. I also completely don't mind characters that would potentially be clones, so any character addition is welcome in my eyes (I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they differentiated Pit and Dark Pit). My last reason is that I've always seen Toon Zelda to be our most likely sixth Zelda representative despite most thinking differently, but I try to put any biases aside when predicting characters. For that reason I waited until I felt I had enough proof to back up her potential inclusion to start actively advocating for her due to the fact that I knew she would be a very controversial character to predict. I've been in a few debates regarding her chances since then, but I don't worry about it because I feel that I can present a good case. Make sense, right? Also, thanks for the feedback. I always appreciate getting it. :)
I like it!
Good points, I do agree with you on your points.
And yeah I love to hear what people have to say! :175:

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
ROSTER POSTING TIME! I won't label it as optimistic or prediction or anything. I will just say, I think this one looks nice. Notice how all the clones are still grouped together, notice how all the figureheads on the left introduce you to the row.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Welp today's POTD is over menus. Specifically what "Games & More" contains(Solo, Group, vault, Options, & Custom) AND what you see after you pick "Solo" (Classic, All-star, Training, and Stadium).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Hmmm. . .At first I thought you put Sceptile there on purpose for Fire > Grass > Water elemental weakness but I could be wrong.:shades: I dig your optimism of 7 LoZ fighters along with separating Sakurai's franchises, or rather, you put those 3 series together unanimously making it the "Sakurai's love" row. The big 3 missing here is big controversy, but personally it affects me at most 50% because I'll take it decently. Not sure about Mii Fighters being in the main CSS but hey, they're guaranteed so I say awesome, and the 3rd Party having their own row as the 'guest' fighters to debut in Smash is reasonable too.:shades:

Rating: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: / 10 HYESZ!
I'll play along. My prediction roster...

View attachment 24134

Sorry for not including Ridley or King K. Rool in the roster, guys. I'm just not really anticipating them at this point.
But hey, Mewtwo is there. Right?
Also note that Chorus Men can basically be anyone unexpected. It could be another Rhythm Heaven character, or it can be someone we haven't even thought of. I just keep them there because they're the first characters I think of when contemplating what kind of unique secret character might be added to the roster. Thanks, Gematsu...

So that's my prediction roster. Mewtwo will more than likely be the only saving grace for anybody who looks at it. Haha.
I like that you separated Yoshi from Mario's series, but ultimately he is a Mario character from the series, though his is a minor spin-off like Wario, yet I argue Wario differed further away from Mario than Yoshi did. Things like that throughout your roster is cool. I wanna say make the Mii Fighters slot be Random despite not seeing Random being confirmed a slot by Sakurai himself, yet I only say that because Mii FIghters may actually be a separate menu to customize them.
:falcon64: = 0.5
Rating: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::falcon64: / 10 HYESZ!
ROSTER POSTING TIME! I won't label it as optimistic or prediction or anything. I will just say, I think this one looks nice. Notice how all the clones are still grouped together, notice how all the figureheads on the left introduce you to the row.

At first I thought you put Sceptile there on purpose for Fire > Grass > Water elemental weakness but I could be wrong.:shades: Overall it does look neat, & the clones strategically placed on the last column, though if you wanted to go further down than Lucina you may of put Falco on the end instead just to fill that quota.:smirk: Your 1st column with all of your main figures, mostly :4mario: :4link: :4pikachu: & :4kirby: because they're the big 4 of Nintendo, plus shown along with :gw: to stand out eye-to-eye for the entire retro-esque row, looks suave.

Rating: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: / 10 HYESZ!

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well except for ridley and mewtwo and impa (all 3 likely well impa is slightly less likely.)

Yea too much of a dream :snake::popo::wolf::lucas::squirtle::ivysaur: Are likely to say goodbye to smash (for this one anyway.)

The missings from the leak are likely the below

Ridley

Mewtwo

Impa

Dixie kong or king k rool

Chorus men or mach rider or bandana dee

Could you explain the logic behind cutting Ice Climbers and adding Chorus Men?

That would be a slap in the face to people who have been using them for 13 years

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So I've been thinking for a while...

How exactly would a Rayman Amiibo work?

How would it stand? How would it hold Rayman's detatched hands without looking weird?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

How would it stand? How would it hold Rayman's detatched hands without looking weird?
That's probably why he's not playable.

"Sorry but we couldn't find a way for Ice Climbers to work for 3DS Amiibo, and since the 3DS Amiibo roster and Wii U roster HAVE to be the same, we cut them him during development"

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

By not being playable.
SPRINGS !

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

That would be a slap in the face to people who have been using them for 13 years
Because people are still trying to fulfill their "dream roster" of characters and don't care what happens to veterans.

Fortunately, Sakurai isn't one of these people.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

There's always the Amiibo makers connecting see-through plastic beams to act as the 'arms', 'neck', and 'legs'.
That's probably why he's not playable.

"Sorry but we couldn't find a way for Ice Climbers to work for 3DS Amiibo, and since the 3DS Amiibo roster and Wii U roster HAVE to be the same, we cut them him during development"
:laugh: I guess Rayman would be a sweet Boss Battle to go with Master Hand in the "No Attachments" category.
By not being playable.
SPRINGS !
But if they did that, Sonic & Mega Man would no longer be unique anymore!
Seriously posting now, they can work it out some way. Worse-Best case scenario, that is what would make Rayman unique as his Hands & Feet would be his only hurtbox when punishing any of his extended moves, including his torso & head as apart of his Hurtbox as well.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
....WIRES!
But then Wire Frame Mac would no longer be a unique palette!

I'm just adulting at this point.:laugh: I do find Rayman playable an interesting thought. He'd certainly bring some beef to the table, rather bacon.
EDIT: Bacon neck arms & legs. Write that down!

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
But then Wire Frame Mac would no longer be a unique palette!

I'm just adulting at this point.:laugh: I do find Rayman playable an interesting thought. He'd certainly bring some beef to the table, rather bacon.
EDIT: Bacon neck arms & legs. Write that down!
...WOOL?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Ice climbers cut is due to a few leaks mostly the ninka leak saying ice climbers are gone

And for chorus men it could be any rythem heaven rep

Rhythm heaven is acknowledged in smash bros the sneaky spirit is a enemy in smash run and if theres a rythem heaven stage thats almost a seal of the deal.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ice climbers cut is due to a few leaks mostly the ninka leak saying ice climbers are gone

And for chorus men it could be any rythem heaven rep

Rhythm heaven is acknowledged in smash bros the sneaky spirit is a enemy in smash run and if theres a rythem heaven stage thats almost a seal of the deal.
It's not going to be Chorus Men though, since that'd be three characters (meaning 12 max on stage). Also the Polar Bear is an enemy in Smash Run, and by the looks of it there is no Rhythm Heaven Stage.

Ice Climbers have more in favor than the Chorus Men do. Not only were they mentioned by Sakurai (he said he was working on trying to get that type of character to work, and knowing him he probably did) but Balloon Fighter has a stage. Balloon Fighter and Ice Climber have been intertwined in the Smash Universe since Melee, I think Sakurai is giving Balloon Fighter as the IC home stage on 3DS and giving a new IC stage to them on Wii U.

The last empty block is for Ridley or King K's home stage. I'm positive one is in.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

1000/10 would buy this roster day one. It's got Toad, Jr, Dixie, K Rool, Ridley, Vaati, Mewtwo, Wolf, Isaac, Rayman, and Ice Climbers

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hey look at this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

If this is real im going to be smiling

Because theres a good chance who are the missing 5 in that.

(But really 98% chance its fake.)
Don't trust IMDB for a product that isn't out. Ever. It's about as easy to edit as Wikipedia and just as reliable.
Also, include the fact that Snake is in there are "Rumored" for no proper reason but voices like Sheik, Robin (F), Lucina, Chrom, Riki, Dunban who have all been heard and confirmed in game are missing.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Don't trust IMDB for a product that isn't out. Ever. It's about as easy to edit as Wikipedia and just as reliable.
Also, include the fact that Snake is in there are "Rumored" for no proper reason but voices like Sheik, Robin (F), Lucina, Chrom, Riki, Dunban who have all been heard and confirmed in game are missing.
Chrom doesn't have a voice, but yeah I see what you mean.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Chrom doesn't have a voice, but yeah I see what you mean.
I'm fairly certain he says "On my mark" in-game too when you use the final smash.

Anyways, IMDB isn't reliable in the least, unless 50 Cent actually voiced Epona in Twilight Princess that is.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So will the support threads here continue being unlocked if DLC characters are confirmed?
^Would like an answer too because I`m ready to DLC support if neccessary and my thread really has a very good OP that would make it difficult to loose edit right and only use the last version.

But I would like if they do. Maybe in a DLC subforum?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So will the support threads here continue being unlocked if DLC characters are confirmed?
Once the full roster is known, the non-confirmed character threads will be moved to the Archives until such a time as to when DLC characters are confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom