• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I honestly despise that "leaked" roster. Donkey Kong should receive a newcomer.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think if this is real Sakurai would be a genius to confirm DHD and Bowser Jr as the last couple newcomers then last minute when no one expects it... MEWTWO-RIDLEY-K.ROOL (or whoever) for some final "pumped up" moments before the game is released. I love the idea of DHD as a character.
Im not holding out hope but sakurai might do this... If he loves us... but he doesnt so we will get Dr. Mario instead...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Not really, his stance is way different. The distance between his front and back leg is longer, particularly.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Not really, his stance is way different. The distance between his front and back leg is longer, particularly.
They're different frames of the attack, I don't have Brawl Box, but if Ike's jab was a few frames more, it would be spot on. I just don't have an image...

saggernaut724

Smash Rookie
NNID
sagwinsl
3DS FC
4785-6664-3260
I just noticed another discrepancy.
Robin only shows the male version in the thumbnail.

I doubt that would actually be the case.
I'm pretty sure that will be the case. To get female Robin, you change the skin. In FE:A, the default avatar is a male. You can change the gender. It's not like two avatars exist in the same game. So I'm pretty sure that it'll just be male by default, and you can change the skin to get female Robin.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Let's be honest aside from the organization, there's almost no possible way you make multiple, smoothly done character models in a roster leak with multiple screenshots, that's almost impossible.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Let's be honest aside from the organization, there's almost no possible way you make multiple, smoothly done character models in a roster leak with multiple screenshots, that's almost impossible.
Unless you're good at making artwork like that.

We've seen this sort of thing before. As convincing as it looks, it's completely possible for someone to make something like this.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well technically, anything is possible in that regards. It's more of a question of whether someone would take that much time and effort for the sake of the lulz. Which given this is the internet isn't entirely impossible for people to go out of their way to do it, even though I don't understand why anyone would bother.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well technically, anything is possible in that regards. It's more of a question of whether someone would take that much time and effort for the sake of the lulz. Which given this is the internet isn't entirely impossible for people to go out of their way to do it, even though I don't understand why anyone would bother.
Actually, it's not even really a question; of course people will take that much time and effort for "lulz." That's how it's always been, really.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Didn't someone find a Dr. Mario that was very similar to the one used in the leak? It wouldn't take too long for a professional to modify the original render. Now, Duck Hunt Dog is a masterpiece. I don't care for the character too much but that art is amazing. Wario looks horrid as well as Ganondorf though.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Didn't someone find a Dr. Mario that was very similar to the one used in the leak? It wouldn't take too long for a professional to modify the original render. Now, Duck Hunt Dog is a masterpiece. I don't care for the character too much but that art is amazing. Wario looks horrid as well as Ganondorf though.
Why, yes. I'll quote that person here:

Hey, does anyone else think that the artwork of Dr. Mario...

...looks like it's based on this?

I mean, they definitely aren't the same picture; the one in the leak is vastly better quality. But the poses are very similar, I think. Could it have been used as a base for the "leaked" image?

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Actually, it's not even really a question; of course people will take that much time and effort for "lulz." That's how it's always been, really.
Perhaps so, but that doesn't mean it makes anymore sense just because that's how it is.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Unless you're good at making artwork like that.

We've seen this sort of thing before. As convincing as it looks, it's completely possible for someone to make something like this.
So it's possible that this leaker made 10 new models in a short month span before the Ninka_Kiwi leak was even talked about more? The odds are so low.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At this point any leak or rumor is going to viewed with a very high amount of skepticism even more so then usual as weeks leading up to the release date is going to pack full of this kind of stuff. Even if the leak happens to be real most people are going to deny it. Heck even when we got the full roster leak for Brawl, people didn't believe that either. That's isn't really a negative thing, it's just the way things are.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So it's possible that this leaker made 10 new models in a short month span before the Ninka_Kiwi leak was even talked about more? The odds are so low.
I'm not so sure the odds are so low. Artists can produce work much faster than you'd imagine. Fan art for new character reveals often appear within the day of the announcement. I, for one, have little difficulty believing that this "leaker" could have made all this within the time frame they had.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm not so sure the odds are so low. Artists can produce work much faster than you'd imagine. Fan art for new character reveals often appear within the day of the announcement. I, for one, have little difficulty believing that this "leaker" could have made all this within the time frame they had.
Yeah, but we barely and rarely had any Smash 4 models closer to that of Smash 4's art style other than Ness', Palutena's, and Chrom's.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
At this point any leak or rumor is going to viewed with a very high amount of skepticism even more so then usual as weeks leading up to the release date is going to pack full of this kind of stuff. Even if the leak happens to be real most people are going to deny it. Heck even when we got the full roster leak for Brawl, people didn't believe that either. That's isn't really a negative thing, it's just the way things are.
The same thing happened when Brawl came out?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah, but we barely and rarely had any Smash 4 models closer to that of Smash 4's art style other than Ness', Palutena's, and Chrom's.
So what's to stop a talented artist from making those models?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The full Brawl roster was leaked shortly before the game was released, I cannot call exactly how far ahead of time it was now, but there were a lot of people claiming that it had to be fake. Much of it surrounding some of the characters on the roster such as ROB that people didn't want to believe.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I believe it, along with additional 5, now I just don't know if the its the 5 + 5, one, the other, or a combination platter of both

Team @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
In addition to what DraginHikari said, I've heard another reason people were crying the CSS as fake in Brawl was because it didn't have enough newcomers.

I'm going to go with real on this leak. Faking the CSS is an obvious choice, but also designing a fake stage select? If it was a fake, that's a lot of work to do to add a little extra legitimacy when you already have those awesome renders. The only legit issue in my eye is all the returning stages, but I can see that happening (won't be happy but I can see it). Combined with the separate neither conflicting nor disproved Ninka leak, I'm a believer.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At this point I'm more amused by the leaks then caring whether or not their real or fake as it will all soon be irrelevant.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
In addition to what DraginHikari said, I've heard another reason people were crying the CSS as fake in Brawl was because it didn't have enough newcomers.

I'm going to go with real on this leak. Faking the CSS is an obvious choice, but also designing a fake stage select? If it was a fake, that's a lot of work to do to add a little extra legitimacy when you already have those awesome renders. The only legit issue in my eye is all the returning stages, but I can see that happening (won't be happy but I can see it). Combined with the separate neither conflicting nor disproved Ninka leak, I'm a believer.
To me, it doesn't look as fancy or professionally done as the usual character/stage screens are.... I guess this could be a beta, though.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
To me, it doesn't look as fancy or professionally done as the usual character/stage screens are.... I guess this could be a beta, though.
That's definitely a possibility. The story behind this is that the leaker work's for ESRB, right? They may not play the whole game, but they do have to know the content in the game. IIRC the 3DS demo didn't really have that much going in the menu department compared to that potd we saw of the 3DS menu screen, so both the leaked and demo versions could possibly come from before the final menus were implemented. That is probably one of the last things you do for a game.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So if Dr. Mario were to appear, he'd have F.L.U.D.D right? I mean, remember this rule that everyone wanted to bring up:

"Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same."

:troll:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
That's definitely a possibility. The story behind this is that the leaker work's for ESRB, right? They may not play the whole game, but they do have to know the content in the game. IIRC the 3DS demo didn't really have that much going in the menu department compared to that potd we saw of the 3DS menu screen, so both the leaked and demo versions could possibly come from before the final menus were implemented. That is probably one of the last things you do for a game.
It is a little weird that the copy supposedly doesn't have all the characters unlocked, though.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
That's definitely a possibility. The story behind this is that the leaker work's for ESRB, right?
Then again they might not, he could have just put that as his name in game to throw anyone off his trail if he really did leak it.

What happened though? Last night before i went to sleep everyone was calling it a day and that the leak was debunked, now it doesnt seem that way as much.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
It is a little weird that the copy supposedly doesn't have all the characters unlocked, though.
Forgot about that part. It'd certainly be strange...

Then again they might not, he could have just put that as his name in game to throw anyone off his trail if he really did leak it.

What happened though? Last night before i went to sleep everyone was calling it a day and that the leak was debunked, now it doesnt seem that way as much.
That's a devious idea, I love it.

Different crowds I suppose.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
The argument at this point is basically: Do you believe it's fake because of all the small details that are off, or do you believe it's real because of the arworks, menus, and other new things? Personally I think these new in-game screenshots hurts its credibility a lot. They just look fake.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

No side is really budging. There's those who see flaws in the leak, there's those who find it very unlikely that someone could make something this legit looking, and then there's those who watch others debate without having a clear decision.

I personally think that we have a very skilled artist, but the roster is fake.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
The argument at this point is basically: Do you believe it's fake because of all the small details that are off, or do you believe it's real because of the arworks, menus, and other new things? Personally I think these new in-game screenshots hurts its credibility a lot. They just look fake.
I've been given to understand there are three different sources. The in game screenshots of Shulk etc. are different from the original which leaked the CSS.

D

Deleted member

I want it to be a fake as the decisions are not down my alley, but that Duck Hunt Dog is so beautifully done I kinda want that part to be real :love:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Could it be?

Look at Wario in this one.

I did all I could, I hope this sort of helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom