• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I honestly think this might be legit. I felt tis way about the Brawl leak *much more upset then* though my analysis for majority of the factors here would be coming true. For all except the big three it would seem.

GAME
If this leak is real
I'd Miss most:

Last edited:

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
If Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina are having their own section as clones, why isn't Toon Link down there as well?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Some say this isn't the final roster. Also I'm really finding it saddening yet hilarious how Lucina is lumped up with the clones.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
If Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina are having their own section as clones, why isn't Toon Link down there as well?
Toon Link is a stand alone clone, made on purpose to be a stand alone character. Doc/Lucina/Pitto are alts who got turned character after sakurai decided his "unique properties" stance. Tink= On purpose clone, Lucy/Doc/Pitto = clone by committee

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something

What if, hypothetically speaking, the revealed characters so far ARE the starting characters? And then maybe Sakurai will reveal the remaining hidden characters when the game releases, just like he did with Brawl?

I mean, it's just a thought, it's not like it's gonna happen anyway.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
A few hours after I get home from school, I take a nap. Almost immediately afterwards, this leak happens. I had to catch up on quite a bit. I'm in the boat that believes it's fake. For the same reasons that people have already stated multiple times; it would be redundant if I listed the inconsistencies as well. One thing to note is that this is the perfect time to release a fake roster to play with everyone's expectations. It's early enough to get it online before the actual roster is leaked, but it's still not too early to consider it unbelievable. If these images surfaced about two months ago, we would have talked about it for an hour before deeming it fake, just like all of the other somewhat realistic roster images we've seen in the past. It's the timing that makes this roster worth talking about and debating over. I think we should wait until the very end of August, or early September to start really being on the look out for the leaked roster. It's going to feel like a long wait from here on out.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
So news in the Leak thread is that Mach Rider may be on of the remaining dudes left..and if thats the case, I actually predicted something right with my silly wish roster! But seriously, Mach would be too dope. If I can have Mach, you guys can have Ridley, I don't even curr

And for those who want a recap. There are two, apparently reputable, members of the community vouching for the leak saying the CCS is real, but incomplete. There are 5 other newcomers "some of which we may never expect" As well DLC containing "Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Chorus dudes" as This part is still up to speculation, but other leaks have said "Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Impa, and Mach Rider" are the 5 (some have Dixie listed more vaguely as a DK rep, same for Ridley).

Just a quick summary, what a clutch night to have insomnia, eh?

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Why is the quality on these pictures so god awful? I've never tried to take a picture of my own 3DS before, but I'm fairly sure it would be a little clearer than that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why is the quality on these pictures so god awful? I've never tried to take a picture of my own 3DS before, but I'm fairly sure it would be a little clearer than that.
Either 2 of these reasons

A.He had a godawful camera phone and the quality drops

B.He used a Brawl hack which isn't hard and majority Brawl hacks have multiple Lucinas and Shulks

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
A couple pages back in the leak main thread, maybe an hour ago? I don't remember the details, but the guy who posted them wasn't affiliated with the main leak and was just trying to ride the cottails of the hype. I think they said that they're just brawl vault pics

@ Pizzanigs Pizzanigs

Last edited:

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
So news in the Leak thread is that Mach Rider may be on of the remaining dudes left..and if thats the case, I actually predicted something right with my silly wish roster! But seriously, Mach would be too dope. If I can have Mach, you guys can have Ridley, I don't even curr

And for those who want a recap. There are two, apparently reputable, members of the community vouching for the leak saying the CCS is real, but incomplete. There are 5 other newcomers "some of which we may never expect" As well DLC containing "Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Chorus dudes" as This part is still up to speculation, but other leaks have said "Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Impa, and Mach Rider" are the 5 (some have Dixie listed more vaguely as a DK rep, same for Ridley).

Just a quick summary, what a clutch night to have insomnia, eh?
I'm trying to find this leak thread, but I can't seem to locate it. How would I get there? Could you link it for me or something?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Guys! Look at the leaked CSS art of Mr. Game & Watch. Then look at the Pac-Man trailer cameo. They don't match up, Pac-Man trailer G&W has a smaller nose.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Toon Link is a stand alone clone, made on purpose to be a stand alone character. Doc/Lucina/Pitto are alts who got turned character after sakurai decided his "unique properties" stance. Tink= On purpose clone, Lucy/Doc/Pitto = clone by committee
Yes, but why should that affect the layout. The gamer doesn't know that. How hard is it to just move Tink down there as well along with Lucina, Dark Pit, and the Doc.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Yes, but why should that affect the layout. The gamer doesn't know that. How hard is it to just move Tink down there as well along with Lucina, Dark Pit, and the Doc.
The gamer doesn't know, but the devlopers do, those three are unique from Tink from a developmental perspective. To them, they are totally different types of clones

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
The 3DS version is 23 days away from release (Japan)? Why haven't we seen more characters!?

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
im calling BS on this leak why would the ICs be DLC? also I am not knocking the idea but please explain to me how duck hunt dog is going to work and plus since it is close to the Japanese release date I think the person who made this leak wanted to play with people and get publicity out of this little stunt and it worked well.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Assuming this is the Japanese copy due to its near release. Shouldn't this be in Japanese or at least say Koopa rather than Bowser?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
This can not be real, G&Watches hand is out of his box, the Wario art is horrendous, ganondorgs art looks like an edited version of when he was standing on the platform in sunspace, falcons looks like the same as gabondorf, right before you got him in sunspace he did a very similar pose, the shill art just looks strange, however the **** hunt dog art is really good... Idk
Edit: jiggly also looks super cartoony
Edit again: why would Yoshi be listed before Rosalina and bowser jr? He reps his own series. And the character layout seems super sloppy.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Assuming this is the Japanese copy due to its near release. Shouldn't this be in Japanese or at least say Koopa rather than Bowser?
ESRB

The roster is fantastic but it better be fake because that Wario art is god damn UGLY

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

So, using the leaked roster as a basis and inserting the DLC characters on the roster, we have a perfect 9x6 grid that is fairly organized.

Characters in blue are those from the screens, characters in red are the alleged DLC ones and, lastly, the characters in green are the clone trio separate from their respective series.

The characters are on the exact same order as the leaked screens with the DLC characters inserted in between to fill the gaps.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Here is a pic compiling the leaks from all 3 sources if you want to see it all at a glance.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think if this is real Sakurai would be a genius to confirm DHD and Bowser Jr as the last couple newcomers then last minute when no one expects it... MEWTWO-RIDLEY-K.ROOL (or whoever) for some final "pumped up" moments before the game is released. I love the idea of DHD as a character.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

So, using the leaked roster as a basis and inserting the DLC characters on the roster, we have a perfect 9x6 grid that is fairly organized.

Characters in blue are those from the screens, characters in red are the alleged DLC ones and, lastly, the characters in green are the clone trio separate from their respective series.

The characters are on the exact same order as the leaked screens with the DLC characters inserted in between to fill the gaps.
This roster is so ****ing good.

Too bad it's fake. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom