• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Wow. That trailer was amazing. I'm so happy for all of the Fire Emblem fans right now. We only expected one Fire Emblem character, but it appears that we're getting a full house. They showed off a veteran that everyone has been waiting for, and multiple confirmed newcomers. Props to Sakurai for not letting us down this morning. Plus I think this has probably given us the renewed faith we needed for the final roster of this game.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
So is Chrom an AT, then I take it?

Or Maybe a Part of Robin's Final?

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Not only was Sal wrong with it being Shulk and brand new characters being revealed, the trailer MADE A POINT to deconfirm Chrom. GG gematsu

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Well, congratulations to FE fans of Lucina and Robin. Also, Cap's back, so that's all well. Condolences to Shulk fans though. Overall, the trailer killed my buzz. Way too many swordsmen now..

GG.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
There was a lot going on. It was hard to discern whether Lucina was playable, but I was excited at the hinting of it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Is Lucina a character or a Marth skin?

She appears in a small box on Smashbros as if suggesting veteran. But the site is not loading well.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Man why couldn't the leak be wrong after I got my Rhythm Heaven character?

oh well.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
There's still a lot of unanswered questions.
I'd recommend rewatching the trailer.
-Lucina listed as a Veteran.
-Captain Falcon finally confirmed. What does this mean for G&W?
-Robin is a newcomer.
-Gematsu (possibly) debunked.
-Chrom appears in some element, but not sure if it's a final Smash or an alternate. Methinks Lucina's an alt.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
After much difficulty getting the video to work I finally saw the trailer. . . AND I'M BACK TO HYPE MODE AGAIN!!!!
I got both Lucina and Robin! :)

Also, it's not looking too hot for the Sal Leak, which is always great news for me.

It was a good day.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
She looks to be a straight up Marth clone. Essentially an alt, but not sharing a space on the CSS.
If She's a clone, that'd explain why she doesn't have a big newcomer box on the smash website. I guess they want to glorify the unique newcomers and not the clones.

I hope she isn't a Marth alt. I'd rather have a slightly different clone than an alt that changes the character.

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
She looks to be a straight up Marth clone. Essentially an alt, but not sharing a space on the CSS.
Im sure weights will be different, or speed, or move properties. Saying she is just going to be an alt sounds pretty pessimistic.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Robin looks neat. An actual elemental mage.

Looks like there is going to be clones in this game. (Which may explain why people were saying Marth played differently; more ground based than aerial. Lucina might be superior in the air)

Captain Falcon is amazing in the trailer.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Looks like Sakurai always has more tricks up his sleeve than we give him credit for. Dunno what to make of Gematsu... but at least we might have more than two newcomers remaining. :D

Why Lucina is not listed as a newcomer and have similiar moveset to Marth? Marth reskin?
Guessing semi-clone.

Twewy

Smash Lord
ahahahaha
Ahahahaha
Ahahahahaha!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HA HOH HA
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Cap's back thank god

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I'm still hoping that Gematsu isnt completely wrong and that Sneaky Spirits mean Chorus Kids... Shulk is probably in regardless.

Btw the #MarthCloneMonday thing I said yesterday now is sooorta true

And hype aside, why does Fire Emblem have FOUR reps now? I know Awakening was popular but dang

D

Deleted member

I'm going to laugh so freakin' hard if the only character Gematsu was wrong about was Chrom.

There's still the Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run and (apparently) trophies of Mechons to consider.
But.....if Robin can be in place of Chrom.....then.....

HOPE LIVES.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
How did Fire Emblem get 4 reps before Kirby, Dk, and Metroid got a new one??
As a big Ridley supporter I will say to not worry about that today, for today is a day of celebration for every non-gematsu character fanbase.

PARTYYYYYYYYYYYY !

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
There's still a lot of unanswered questions.
I'd recommend rewatching the trailer.
-Lucina listed as a Veteran.
-Captain Falcon finally confirmed. What does this mean for G&W?
-Robin is a newcomer.
-Gematsu (possibly) debunked.
-Chrom appears in some element, but not sure if it's a final Smash or an alternate. Methinks Lucina's an alt.
-I think only her box is small, since her debut art is shared with robin. She is a full newcomer.
-More importantly, does the trailer means that we can Falcon Punch Cancel now?
-Yay!!
-Yup, sure is debunked.
-Looks like he is only in Robin Final Smash. I would like he as alt skin for Lucina as well.

What looks like to me:
Sakurai see the things. Look at Chrom model. He could very well be put in place of Lucina and vice versa. He maybe switched them during development.

Still, somehow we got the 3 of them!! Triple victory!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I wonder why does Lucina appear with the small block in the page? the small block is normally used for veterans and not Newcomers, is that pointing out that Lucina is not really a new character but a skin for Marth or something like that? :drohmy:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Lucina is listed as a newcomer on the official website. If you click her icon and look at the top right, the banner says "Newcomer."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom