• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokl

Smash Lord
The owrld hobby fair ended already guys so no need to talk about it. No reveals.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Chunky Kong is the Bigfoot of smash speculation.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Chunky is such an obscure character to bring in as an assist trophy. That is, if he really is one.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No Chunky at the Smash event in Japan? Looks like this is starting to become a reality.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Any predictions for veteran reveals? I think we're likely to get one either next week or the one after that. Most likely Friday, so 4th or 11th.

Out of the remaining veterans Wario, Meta Knight, Lucas and Ice Climbers were starters in Brawl, so I'd say it's either going to be one of them or Mr. Game & Watch. I kinda want it to be Lucas so the people saying he's cut will shut up (although then they might switch their target to Ness). Then again, a proper reveal for G&W would be nice too.

D

Deleted member

Any predictions for veteran reveals? I think we're likely to get one either next week or the one after that. Most likely Friday, so 4th or 11th.

Out of the remaining veterans Wario, Meta Knight, Lucas and Ice Climbers were starters in Brawl, so I'd say it's either going to be one of them or Mr. Game & Watch. I kinda want it to be Lucas so the people saying he's cut will shut up (although then they might switch their target to Ness). Then again, a proper reveal for G&W would be nice too.
Even if people were to target Ness, he would definitely be in. He's been in all three games and is part of the original 12. My suggestion would be ignoring those people in particular. Although I will say, even though I don't want him out, Lucas would be much more likely to be cut. I am asking for a ton of hate with this comment, aren't I? But anyway, I would like to see Meta Knight before release. It would be nice for Sakurai to give an update on balancing ensuring he's not OP this time.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

So, you're irritated that people believe the same leak that everyone treats like a holy text? So I guess you're not much of a believer. Good because I am too.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh dear. A most trusted friend of mine just told me that he legitimately thinks Ganondorf is getting cut from the game. I think we're all pretty sure that Ganondorf is coming back.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Oh dear. A most trusted friend of mine just told me that he legitimately thinks Ganondorf is getting cut from the game. I think we're all pretty sure that Ganondorf is coming back.
I have no doubt about the return of the King of Evil. It's only a question of whether we are getting his pig form or his Gerudo form.

D

Deleted member

How about, instead of ganondorf pig form, we call his pig form, Ganonpork!

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Tbh I only believe the newcomers.
You only want to believe the newcomers. :troll:

Just kidding, of course. I doubt that Lucas was never considered as a cut, though. Sal said that Lucas was likely to be cut if one of the Mother kids had to be, but I do expect Lucas to be kind of low priority and I consider a very possible cut, especially among the other veterans.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You only want to believe the newcomers. :troll:

Just kidding, of course. I doubt that Lucas was never considered as a cut, though. Sal said that Lucas was likely to be cut if one of the Mother kids had to be, but I do expect Lucas to be kind of low priority and I consider a very possible cut, especially among the other veterans.
I'm sure he was considered for a cut. Just, it didn't sound like an absolute, so that's why I'm skeptical. I'll be heartbroken, but DLC for him would be amazing.

I don't know why I'm reminded of this, but I really want to see another Wii U Zelda stage. Of course, we should be getting DK/Starfox/etc. first, but I wanna see maybe a new WW stage.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Once that happens, people will put their targets on Wolf

Try having a friend who thought the Pokemon roster would be Pikachu, Jigglypuff, PT, and Zoroark and Yoshi being replaced by Rosalina then come back to me. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Lucas is confirmed, I will say "Hey, I guess both Mother kids made it onto the roster".

And then I would consider Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur to be the only logical cuts.

Once again I don't see how cutting Lucas is impossible.
And I'm getting tired of Tobacco's sarcasm.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I honestly find it just as plausible to have Ness cut as it is Lucas.
I don't see why.

Ness is from the original Super Smash Bros, and has LEGIONS more fans than Lucas.
Cutting Ness would cause backlash that could only be matched by the cut of Captain Falcon.

Also, Earthbound is once again the most current game in the series, making Ness the most recent protagonist.

I find Ness to be a shoo in.
Lucas... Not as much.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
It's more like it's stuck on the same track.

For my own part, I wish Hyrule Warriors was canon-enough and spaced out enough to have gotten a rep in SSB4. Midna could've gotten a push to playable, or maybe one of the villains. The character designs are undoubtably among the best in the Zelda series. *sigh* Wishful thinking. Maybe it will get a sequel or two and influence the next SSB?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
It's more like it's stuck on the same track.

For my own part, I wish Hyrule Warriors was canon-enough and spaced out enough to have gotten a rep in SSB4. Midna could've gotten a push to playable, or maybe one of the villains. The character designs are undoubtably among the best in the Zelda series. *sigh* Wishful thinking. Maybe it will get a sequel or two and influence the next SSB?
Most of the characters will probably get redesigned anyway, on account of Zelda Wii U.

D

Deleted member

Once that happens, people will put their targets on Wolf
I swear, if that happened...

We have Toon Link
We have Lucario
We have Ike

If Lucas was confirmed, we'd have 4/5 of the "expendable" characters confirmed. People should shut up at that point.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My sarcasm? What are you referring to?
Your overall negativity towards people who trust the Sal Leak.

You act like it's the stupidest thing in the world, yet there's so much evidence towards it being true.

If you don't believe it you don't have to talk down about its supporters.
Lucas being cut isn't a ridiculous notion, it's very possible.
Sakurai said to expect less newcomers than usual.
Shulk and Chrom make a lot of sense, Chorus Kids now have a Smash Run enemy.

All of the unconfirmed parts of the Sal Leak make a lot of sense, and the other parts were proven true.
I'm not blindly believing everything Sal says. They just make a lot of sense and/or are confirmed.

It's like you act as if Sal believers are acting ridiculous when we can say the same about detractors.
It's fine if you don't believe it.
Don't patronize the believers though. You act as if we're complete idiots.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't see why.

Ness is from the original Super Smash Bros, and has LEGIONS more fans than Lucas.
Cutting Ness would cause backlash that could only be matched by the cut of Captain Falcon.

Also, Earthbound is once again the most current game in the series, making Ness the most recent protagonist.

I find Ness to be a shoo in.
Lucas... Not as much.
Ness would make nowhere near as much backlash as Falcon, for one.

Last I checked, Lucas and Ness had roughly the same amount of fans, and over here and several other places, I hear people like Lucas more. Also, being in the O12 doesn't really mean much, especially when Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in Melee and Jiggly was almost cut in Brawl, so being in the O12 really doesn't mean anything.

Also, unless you want to say Minish Cap is the most recent Zelda game now, Mother 3 is still the most recent Mother game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Your overall negativity towards people who trust the Sal Leak.

You act like it's the stupidest thing in the world, yet there's so much evidence towards it being true.

If you don't believe it you don't have to talk down about its supporters.
Lucas being cut isn't a ridiculous notion, it's very possible.
Sakurai said to expect less newcomers than usual.
Shulk and Chrom make a lot of sense, Chorus Kids now have a Smash Run enemy.

All of the unconfirmed parts of the Sal Leak make a lot of sense, and the other parts were proven true.
I'm not blindly believing everything Sal says. They just make a lot of sense and/or are confirmed.

It's like you act as if Sal believers are acting ridiculous when we can say the same about detractors.
It's fine if you don't believe it.
Don't patronize the believers though. You act as if we're complete idiots.
There's no telling whether or not Gematsu is telling us everything about the newcomers though

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Most of the characters will probably get redesigned anyway, on account of Zelda Wii U.
True, but as much as I am liking the look of Zelda U, I can't say I necessarily want my Smash Link to have a ponytail... >_>

I think I may have said this before somewhere (maybe even here), but I'm trying to condition my expectations to be what I consider is a reasonable/subjective worst case scenario. My worst case is:

- Multiple characters are cut from Brawl's roster
- The only newcomers left to be revealed are the Gematsu 3
- No stage builder
- Unlocking characters is either too easy, too hard, or just plain tedious

Honestly, I'll still be extremely happy with SSB4 if this comes to fruition. I'm already invested in several of the newcomers, my favorite veterans are returning and looking better than ever, and I'll be able to play on my 3DS and on the Wii U. I'm pumped no matter what at this point.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
There's no telling whether or not Gematsu is telling us everything about the newcomers though
No, there's not.

However 48 slots/50 characters sounds pretty good to me.
I just feel that Sal would have heard about the remaining newcomers before E3, if there are any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom