• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I know it's just your opinion, but I'd like to give my opinion as well. Xenoblade is a great game and very popular in Japan. Shulk is highly demanded. And another big reason is X coming out on the Wii U. So we're talking about a franchise that is actually getting a game in the near future, unlike Mother, F-Zero, Golden Sun or Starfox. In my opinion, Shulk makes plenty of sense to include.
I'm not saying you're "wrong", just that in my opinion Xenoblade/X will be more than just another misc. franchise. At least in the future.
Ok, I see where you're coming from. I'll think about it, and may include him in the future. I think I'd want to see him at least referenced in X before I do, though. Otherwise, I'd wanna go with the X protagonist.

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Not sure if i'm the only one but i'm starting to dislike Mewtwo fanboys more and more.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I see where you're coming from. I'll think about it, and may include him in the future. I think I'd want to see him at least referenced in X before I do, though. Otherwise, I'd wanna go with the X protagonist.
I think X protagonist is "you" as in customizable. At the end of the trailer of "X" from monolith soft, you see a pic of Shulk face. It clearly looks like Shulk unless it's a clone of him. lol
http://i.imgur.com/iXKmcpr.jpg
So I think shulk will be in the next game "X" also and will play a big part.

Last edited:

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Any particular reason for this?
They run their mouth about legendary Smash veterans like Fox, Captain Falcon and Ness...
Talk about outdated but how old are those Mewtwo movies.....
Talking trash about Charizard while he was there way before Mewtwo so he paid the way and Lucario,
who honestly is way better than Mewtwo in terms of Smash!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're not the only one. I don't even like Mewtwo, but how quickly the Mewtwo fanbase deteriorated because of Greninja is very shocking.
You seem to dislike anything that's popular. :troll:

They run their mouth about legendary Smash veterans like Fox, Captain Falcon and Ness...!
Are they not legendary?

Does age matter?

I mean Casablanca is a great movie but it's incredibly old.

Good things are timeless.

..Talking trash about Charizard while he was there way before Mewtwo so he paid the way and Lucario,
I have never seen anyone really diss Charizard around here.

Tiers don't mean much.

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
They run their mouth about legendary Smash veterans like Fox, Captain Falcon and Ness...
Talking trash about Charizard while he was there way before Mewtwo so he paid the way and Lucario,
Any fan of any character can act like that, rabid Mewtwo fanboys aren't anything special in Smash.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Honestly, I can't say I've ever seen a Mewtwo fan complain about Charizard. And I'm not sure what you mean by Charizard was there before Mewtwo. Mewtwo was in Smash before Charizard, and both debuted in the same generation.

Also, the most recent Pokemon movie starred Mewtwo, so it's not exactly outdated.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I used to really want Mewtwo back too several months ago, but I'm a little bit more neutral to him now.... I wonder if that's because I started maining Jigglypuff and a couple other characters now instead of him in Melee nowadays....

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
I get it, if your character is in danger you get desperate and actually fool yourself if you might damage control enough about other characters their
chances will lower and your character's chance will get bigger but trust me the roster is long done by now.

thesandman

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo was considered one of the most balanced smash characters. He wasnt op as freak but he didnt suck. All of his moves were balanced. In terms of character build. He was one of the best.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
guys look at this

type this in google search bar:

site:smashbros.com "_________" 3ds

("____________") ----> place your char there and take out the quotations (")

then search

Ex:

1. site:smashbros.com Mewtwo 3ds

2. site:smashbros.com Ridley 3ds

3. site:smashbros.com Midna 3ds

------ I don't get anything on Midna so does that mean, It shows possible veterans and newcomers "only". because I didn't get the official site on a Assist Trophy Char. I Even get the official site when I type in Shulk. So this somewhere on the board. But I want to hear your thoughts.

Your thoughts?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I get it, if your character is in danger you get desperate and actually fool yourself if you might damage control enough about other characters their
chances will lower and your character's chance will get bigger but trust me the roster is long done by now.
I don't think that really has anything to do with it.

I mean, most people are still confident we're getting Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.

Mewtwo was considered one of the most balanced smash characters. He wasnt op as freak but he didnt suck. All of his moves were balanced. In terms of character build. He was one of the best.

No....

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I get the feeling you don't really understand Mewtwo's situation.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
guys look at this

then search

Ex:

------ I don't get anything on Midna so does that mean, It shows possible veterans and newcomers "only". because I didn't get the official site on a Assist Trophy Char. I Even get the official site when I type in Shulk. So this somewhere on the board. But I want to hear your thoughts.

Your thoughts?
Doesn't work

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, I can't say I've ever seen a Mewtwo fan complain about Charizard. And I'm not sure what you mean by Charizard was there before Mewtwo. Mewtwo was in Smash before Charizard, and both debuted in the same generation.

Also, the most recent Pokemon movie starred Mewtwo, so it's not exactly outdated.
Actually; Charizard was in Smash far before Mewtwo, he was a Pokeball Pokemon in Smash 64.

Mewtwo was bottom.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
If ganondorf comes back. Do you think he will still be a clone?
yes I still think ganondorf will be somewhat cloney to captain falcon due to sakurai may end up being lazy. They will probably change one of ganon moves like they did with Zelda and shiek. I doubt ganondorf will go through a whole lot of change.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No; I thought you meant in Smash, not Pokemon. I realized after I actually read the conversation though, but by then, it was too late! :yeahboi:
I meant Mewtwo was playable in Smash first, and appeared in the same generation as Charizard did in Pokemon. In regards to the statement I was replying to, Charizard wasn't there "way before Mewtwo" in any way. Except as a Pokeball summon, I suppose, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
If ganondorf comes back. Do you think he will still be a clone?
Honestly; the sentiment that Ganondorf is commonly alluded to as a clone character bothers me to a significant extent. He was hardly a clone in Melee, he just had a similar move-set. It was significantly altered in Brawl; honestly you have to discern what is similar as opposed to what is different. So if he receives some minor changes, yet again, there is quite literally no way that he will be a clone. If Luigi isn't a clone, Ganondorf isn't a clone. The moves that they do share have different properties, they are aesthetically different, and they are used differently.

Secondly... "if Ganondorf comes back"? Wwahht?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
guys look at this

then search

Ex:

Your thoughts?
That's weird, Chrom doesn't get anything but Robin does.

Odd.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Eh, I wouldn't be too mad if Mewtwo is excluded because I have my favorite Pokémon(Charizard) already. However, I'll be a little upset if Jigglypuff took priority over Mewtwo for this installment. While Mewtwo was my secondary main in Melee, I would prefer him to be buffed if he would be included. That's my opinion on the Mewtwo topic.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I like the idea of giving Ganondrof a tweaked Ike moveset with new specials, removing Ike and bringing in a new FE candidate.

Note: I am a Ganon main in melee and brawl, but from charcter development perspective, he could use a makeover. Though if he comes back with his old style, thats totally fine with me

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm working on some ideas for a Lucina moveset.
I've learned something while doing this.

Making unique specials for FE characters is extremely difficult.
Why? You have to always include worthless vertical recoveries for an up-special, charge attacks for the neutral special, counters for the down-special? You have some leeway with that side-special though, make good use of it.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Honestly; the sentiment that Ganondorf is commonly alluded to as a clone character bothers me to a significant extent. He was hardly a clone in Melee, he just had a similar move-set. It was significantly altered in Brawl; honestly you have to discern what is similar as opposed to what is different. So if he receives some minor changes, yet again, there is quite literally no way that he will be a clone. If Luigi isn't a clone, Ganondorf isn't a clone. The moves that they do share have different properties, they are aesthetically different, and they are used differently.

Secondly... "if Ganondorf comes back"? Wwahht?
To my eyes it seemed like Ganon was just a slower and more power than captain falcon. Referring to "B moves".

Compared to luigi, he has a different side b and down b not even close to mario. That's what I call "B moves being different" lol.

So hopefully ganon ends up having a very distinct look an gameplay wise "B moves" than Cpt. falcon.

But on the other hand, I hate to admit it, I agree with you. "as a whole" he was really different from captain falcon. U can't even play him the same way as falcon.

Unlike falco and fox >.>

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm working on some ideas for a Lucina moveset.
I've learned something while doing this.

Making unique specials for FE characters is extremely difficult.
Unless you're Robin. But then there's too many options for specials. So yeah, Fire Emblem characters are hard to make specials for.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Why? You have to always include worthless vertical recoveries for an up-special, charge attacks for the neutral special, counters for the down-special? You have some leeway with that side-special though, make good use of it.
No, the side special should just be a dash forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom