• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Doubtful.
Sakurai was asked about bringing everyone back and he told them they don't have time for that.
So imo, just Mewtwo.
Fine words said. The common man practically thinks this to be true, and for good reason.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd imagine some of the reasoning behind not including a Mega Evolution for Lucario is because in the game it required a Trainer to utilize a Mega Ring, Lucario lacks both the bonded Pokemon Trainer and said Mega Ring, hence it would make less sense as to why he could evolve from the viewpoint of X and Y players.
Mewtwo transforms without a Trainer in the Genesect movie. And before "Mewtwo's independent" or "Lucario isn't". The games' canon probably won't hinder them if they want those Mega Evos.

edit: Neither will the anime's, though.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Here is a update of my roster:

Edited:
I really want to add an Advance Wars character but I run out of space (X_X).

.n_n.

Last edited:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Heres what my original guess was:
image.jpg

But then i cut it down to look like this, due to common sense and popular opinions:
image.jpg

Edited:

.n_n.
Wered you find some of that brawl artwork? Like wario, jiggs, c. Falcon.. I cant find that artwork anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Edited:

.n_n.
46 seems to be a reasonable number. 10 Newcomers and one Mewtwo seems the way to go.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Wered you find some of that brawl artwork? Like wario, jiggs, c. Falcon.. I cant find that artwork anywhere.
Someone made them and post them in the Roster Maker Thread, I really don´t know from where they come from and I haven´t asked him/her about it but now I´m curious too XD.
.n_n.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
View attachment 8571

My Current Roster.
Thoughts? I would give explanations, but I don't know how to do spoiler tags...
It's not large enough to warrant spoiler tags, I thought. Maybe I'm wrong. However for spoiler tags, just quote someone with spoilers and you'll see how it works.

My roster analysis:

It's somewhat likely Sakurai would pass new characters to existing series for new
series characters, but again, it's about the character, not the series (in my eyes).
I personally find Lip incredibly unlikely, with her considered not retro, and if she is
retro, she has no chance thanks to Takamaru. I am grateful for not adding Pacman
and Mii, those over-anticipated ********. I am also glad you chose female Robin,
it's worlds better than the male one for the sake of diversity.

So overall, I would not be completely dissatisfied, because there is no Tingle,
Pacman, or Mii.

edit: @ Mdilly99 Mdilly99 That post, however, is quite intrusive without spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Please don't double post @ Mdilly99 Mdilly99 , just edit your previous post if you have more to add.
Sry i tried not to, but it said i can only add one picture. Idk i wont do it again.

It's not large enough to warrant spoiler tags, I thought. Maybe I'm wrong. However for spoiler tags, just quote someone with spoilers and you'll see how it works.

My roster analysis:

It's somewhat likely Sakurai would pass new characters to existing series for new
series characters, but again, it's about the character, not the series (in my eyes).
I personally find Lip incredibly unlikely, with her considered not retro, and if she is
retro, she has no chance thanks to Takamaru. I am grateful for not adding Pacman
and Mii, those over-anticipated *******s. I am also glad you chose female Robin,
it's worlds better than the male one for the sake of diversity.

So overall, I would not be completely dissatisfied, because there is no Tingle,
Pacman, or Mii.

edit: @ Mdilly99 Mdilly99 That post, however, is quite intrusive without spoiler tags.
Why would i put them in spoilers if its not a spoiler.. Idk is it because its too big?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why would i put them in spoilers if its not a spoiler.. Idk is it because its too big?
Yes. If want to upload multiple images Copy them from an image sharing site like Photobucket.
Also don't double-post, it clutters the thread and isn't fair to the rest of us users.

Last edited:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
If its a big picture then either scale it down a little or hide it within spoiler tags okay.
Alright sorry i dont usually post here, or post a lot of pictures for that matter. How do i put them in in spoiler tags?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Alright sorry i dont usually post here, or post a lot of pictures for that matter. How do i put them in in spoiler tags?
[ spoiler ] *insert whatever you want to include in here* [ /spoiler ]

But without the spaces.

It's okay. Do try to avoid double posting, if no one has posted anything below you yet, just either wait until someone does or edit your own post and include whatever you wanted to include.

Now lets get back on topic shall we?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

But without the spaces.

It's okay. Do try to avoid double posting, if no one has posted anything below you yet, just either wait until someone does or edit your own post.

Now lets get back on topic shall we?
Right! Ghirahim should be in Smash Bros!

Also, I'm actually starting to want JonTron in Smash 4.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
First full roster, but this is subject to change based on reveals. Note that I made no cuts to this roster.

You can clearly tell that I forgot to create an actual image rather than a link, so I apologize, but this is my first one. Nonetheless, I'd like to hear everyone's opinion.

EDIT: Add Captain Falcon, completely forgot about him.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
First full roster, but this is subject to change based on reveals. Note that I made no cuts to this roster.

You can clearly tell that I forgot to create an actual image rather than a link, so I apologize, but this is my first one. Nonetheless, I'd like to hear everyone's opinion.
You have Ghirahim and no Mii. Have a cookie. :) Though, I would consider swapping Katana, Pacman, and Knuckle Joe for one of the more logical choices. But that's just me.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
You have Ghirahim and no Mii. Have a cookie. :) Though, I would consider swapping Katana, Pacman, and Knuckle Joe for one of the more logical choices. But that's just me.
Well maybe they were personal bias, but I still think they are in the realm of possiblity.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well maybe they were personal bias, but I still think they are in the realm of possiblity.
That's okay, you asked for our opinions. That was mine. They are all certainly possible, but I think there are more likely characters.
It's better you include who you want rather than who is likely, because people will give you crap for your choices regardless of who you pick.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"common sense" is such a.... relative term. "Common sense" told us that we would have a five character reveal at E3, that Villager was not a choice, and that Mario wasn't going to have a newcomer. (Especially Space Peach)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sakurai knows not of this "common sense" you speak of.
You think something makes sense, he'll give you the complete opposite. It's just how he works.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ITT: "Common sense" is set-in-stone and can never, ever change based on new information.
That used to work prior to reveals, but I thought we would be over this by now. Not to say that we won't get Ridley, or Takamaru, but it's not a for sure thing. And it's definitely not because "LOL ITZ RIDLEY WE NEED HIM!"

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Shorts Shorts
I see you like to take small jabs at characters you aren't fond of.
"Space Peach", "LOL ITZ RIDLEY"... Really I can go the "Furry Bait" route if you want me to, but I actually like Krystal.
Nobody's inclusion is for sure, and no character is "needed" perse. There's no "common sense" in Smash speculation, what you thought was going to happen can change in an instant.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That used to work prior to reveals, but I thought we would be over this by now. Not to say that we won't get Ridley, or Takamaru, but it's not a for sure thing. And it's definitely not because "LOL ITZ RIDLEY WE NEED HIM!"
Not sure what Ridley or Takamaru has to do with this, but the existence of Wii Fit Trainer doesn't cancel out every word anyone has ever said on these forums just because some can't fathom some middle ground between everything staying the same and everything changing forever.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Heres what my original guess was:
I actually like your first roster
Not sure what Ridley or Takamaru has to do with this, but the existence of Wii Fit Trainer doesn't cancel out every word anyone has ever said on these forums just because some can't fathom some middle ground between everything staying the same and everything changing forever.
this.

If anything, we have to look at the roster as a whole to view predictions rather than just each character. Actually, let me make this clear right now

X does not cancel Y being in
X does not mean Y will be in
X, in most cases, has nothing to do with Y's inclusion

A great example of this is most people had Falco or Wolf on their Brawl roster's. Both? Unheard of. People assumed it was one or the other. Guess what happened.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ridley/K Rool, Takamaru, Palutena, Megaman + Random seemed to be the general concensus of who would be reealed at E3. We had the villains slot, the female, the third party, and the retro. Lastly we had a random. In Melee, and in Brawl we had these "slots" revealed. So, that's what I was reffering to.

Also, if "RIDLEY BECUZ HES RIDLEY" and Space Peach hurts your feelings, you're being hyper sensitive. Like, really.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Ridley/K Rool, Takamaru, Palutena, Megaman + Random seemed to be the general concensus of who would be reealed at E3. We had the villains slot, the female, the third party, and the retro. Lastly we had a random. In Melee, and in Brawl we had these "slots" revealed. So, that's what I was reffering to.

Also, if "RIDLEY BECUZ HES RIDLEY" and Space Peach hurts your feelings, you're being hyper sensitive. Like, really.
no we didn't these were never slots

what are you talking about

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
no we didn't these were never slots

what are you talking about
Peach/ZSS (Female) Bowser/Meta (Villains) Knight ICs/Pit (Retros), Shiek/Wario (Randoms) and then of course Snake (Third Party). A lot of people figured we get something along these lines again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Yeah, that was the mindset at the time, because up until that point, that's how E3 reveals had gone for Melee and Brawl. But now, given the new trailer approach that's been taken with this batch of newcomers, we can see that this is no longer applicable. So, when this year's E3 rolls around, you'll likely see more people predicting 2-3 newcomers, one of whom is a third party. Sounds sensible, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom