• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't see what's so difficult to grasp, the initial leak was, according to Sal, only for characters he was told would be at E3 last year. If Rosalina wasn't on that list, it doesn't mean she was added late, it doesn't necessarily mean there's still more non-DLC characters to be leaked, all it means is that she wasn't planned to be revealed at E3 2013.

Putting her on the second leak would've been redundant considering she was already revealed by then.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't see what's so difficult to grasp, the initial leak was, according to Sal, only for characters he was told would be at E3 last year. If Rosalina wasn't on that list, it doesn't mean she was added late, it doesn't necessarily mean there's still more non-DLC characters to be leaked, all it means is that she wasn't planned to be revealed at E3 2013.

Putting her on the second leak would've been redundant considering she was already revealed by then.
It also doesn't mean there isn't more non-dlc characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It also doesn't mean there isn't more non-dlc characters.
True. But using the Rosalina excuse to justify more characters implies that Sal's intention was to leak all characters that were to be revealed prior to the second leak, when it was just characters to be revealed at one specific event.

If there are more characters, which seems unlikely due to the third leak, it will be unrelated to Sal's leaks (assuming there aren't any more with more characters before release).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
True. But using the Rosalina excuse to justify more characters implies that Sal's intention was to leak all characters that were to be revealed prior to the second leak, when it was just characters to be revealed at one specific event.

If there are more characters, which seems unlikely due to the third leak, it will be unrelated to Sal's leaks (assuming there aren't any more with more characters before release).
Actually hasn't it been stated that it was Sal who assumed that those six initial characters would be revealed at E3?, as in the tipper only mentioned the newcomers but not when they would be revealed. I still think the Rosalina argument is irrelevant since the guy maybe just didn't know Rosalina was in at the time anyway.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Essentially, there is no reason to believe there aren't more characters, because Sal's leak only dealt with the 3 events, unless we are supposed to believe that all newcomers were supposed to have been announced by E3 2014, and none in the next 3 months, none at the assumed August Direct, and none as secret characters (which the alleged Chrom, Chorus Men, and Shulk could be now since there was little sign of them at E3). The leaked 11 were supposed to be related to those events, Rosalina was not supposed to. And obviously, things aren't how the leak suggested they would be, especially with Little Mac not being related to those events, and us still not having the previously mentioned 3. There isn't much reason to hope for others, besides the Kremlings, the Mewtwo comment, the Ridley teasing, the trophy quiz straw grasping, I personally think they will replace Ivysaur with another grass starter... one who promotes upcoming games...

Basically if you want to hope, hope. If you don't, don't. Yup.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Probably because the initial leak was intended to specifically be characters revealed at E3 2013, and while Little Mac might've originally been planned to be revealed then, Rosalina was not.
Yeah I know, if the leak is true there is a chance that more newcomers were not reveled.

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
I personally think that Rayman deserves a spot somewhere in the smash bros universe.
His moveset is pretty much for him too, with his appearances in Legends/Origins.
I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I personally think that Rayman deserves a spot somewhere in the smash bros universe.
His moveset is pretty much for him too, with his appearances in Legends/Origins.

Could be interesting. I actually really like Rayman so that would be great. Hes so expressive and quirky and the classic games hold a special place in my heart. I just dont see it happening though, unfortunately, for a variety of reasons. Basically, the negative relationship between Nintendo and Ubisoft, and the number of 3rd parties we already have.

D

Deleted member

I really want this to happen as well, but I think we'll have to wait for future smash games. Although, considering that the roster was determined right from the start of development is what is making me think this is still possible. Plus, Ubisoft currently is working on exclusive Wii U title that is more family friendly. This could be a Ray-Man game, but one can only hope. We'll just have to wait and see.

D

Deleted member

Topic of the sunday:

Do you think the veterans who have yet not been shown in CGI/animated sequences in the newcomer trailers to date may be hints for the remaining newcomers yet to be revealed ?

For example, Marth and Ike are great materials for the trailers to certain someones, like for Shulk-my-boy, Chrom, Robin and/or Isaac, Diddy and other "cartoony" characters like Dedede and Yoshi for K. Rool, ZSS with Fox, Sheik and Charizard for Ridley, etc.

What about your own ideas for next trailer using yet to be shown veterans ?

(Also, should I make a topic this idea ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Dual Reveal of Meta Knight and Chrom/FE Newcomer or Shulk please.

I would love for them to reveal Lucas and Shulk in the same trailer, but I think using Meta Knight is far more likely.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I can see a dual reveal of Wario and Chorus Kids since Warioware and Rhythm Heaven are pretty much sister franchises,

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just want two of Isaac, K Rool and Layton.

Not all 3, just two. All three would be nice but don't see that happening anymore.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff as a cameo in the end of Mewtwo's trailer as Mr G&W did in Pac's.
Chrom and Meta Knight. Epic cutscene,
Dedede and Bowser for K. Rool. The three Tourble Kings.
Captain Falcon and Zamus for Ridley. Two Bounty Hunters. Wolf as a cameo.
Wario for Chorus Kids. Party time!

Staarih

Smash Master
Chorus Men and Jigglypuff should share a trailer and have a sing-off.

I'd like to see a trailer revealing multiple characters at once, be it newcomers or veterans. The first Brawl trailer had loads of characters to show and I loved it. The Greninja + Charizard one was good too. I could see a Meta Knight + Chrom/Shulk one happening because of all dem swords.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Chorus Men and Jigglypuff should share a trailer and have a sing-off.

I'd like to see a trailer revealing multiple characters at once, be it newcomers or veterans. The first Brawl trailer had loads of characters to show and I loved it. The Greninja + Charizard one was good too. I could see a Meta Knight + Chrom/Shulk one happening because of all dem swords.
Now I see people using Chorus Men as an excuse to not have Jigglypuff in the main roster. :troll:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Now I see people using Chorus Men as an excuse to not have Jigglypuff in the main roster. :troll:
Jokes aside I could see Jigglypuff being the first DLC character. People who want her cut would see her cut, people who what her back would see her back, she would usher in a new era of DLC, we could have Mewtwo and a grass starter on the main roster, I don't know, I'm under the impression that she's so easy to make that she gets slapped on the roster at the end if they need another character or have problems and had to replace someone else (maybe not in Melee) and if DLC characters are truly going to be a thing, she would be very easy to put off until DLC if they already have a hefty roster, especially one that already has potentially 6 other Pokemon. Or Mewtwo could instead. I think any and all cut characters could become DLC in some fashion. I just want the starter pokemon types to all be there. OCD.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You should not listen to anyone who call for cuts for trivial reasons.

D

Deleted member

Jokes aside I could see Jigglypuff being the first DLC character. People who want her cut would see her cut, people who what her back would see her back, she would usher in a new era of DLC, we could have Mewtwo and a grass starter on the main roster, I don't know, I'm under the impression that she's so easy to make that she gets slapped on the roster at the end if they need another character or have problems and had to replace someone else (maybe not in Melee) and if DLC characters are truly going to be a thing, she would be very easy to put off until DLC if they already have a hefty roster, especially one that already has potentially 6 other Pokemon. Or Mewtwo could instead. I think any and all cut characters could become DLC in some fashion. I just want the starter pokemon types to all be there. OCD.
As much as it pains me to say, I'm gonna have to agree with you on the whole Jigglypuff situation. It just feels strange that one of the original twelve would be demoted to DLC. But aside from jigglypuff, I can personally only see DLC for veterans, costumes, and possibly stages. The thing I would actually like to see most is stage builder packs. That's all I really have to say here.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Don't forget Luigi.

We should also cut DK, Link, Samus, and Sonic, cause no one picked them in the invitational.
We should also cut Meta Knight because he was to powerful in brawl or cut Gannondorf because he was so bad.

D

Deleted member

Zero Suit Samus should be cut. I have no idea who she is, but after Metroid uses his super laser, I shouldn't change into some random girl. At least Sakurai fixed it for Smash 4, but the sour taste still remains.

D

Deleted member

Zero Suit Samus should be cut. I have no idea who she is, but after Metroid uses his super laser, I shouldn't change into some random girl. At least Sakurai fixed it for Smash 4, but the sour taste still remains.
And let's not forget about Mario. He's basically a green Luigi. There's no real reason for him to be there.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
DLC could be free and like.. Secret secret characters... Only DLC because they knew people would find the data if it were on disk... (or cartridge)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
DLC could be free and like.. Secret secret characters... Only DLC because they knew people would find the data if it were on disk... (or cartridge)
I can see Nintendo selling them for at least $1.99-4.99 for marketing purposes.
IMO they shouldn't be free at all, you're getting a whole new feel of playstyle with a new character, I feel like it's not that much to pay and it's something worth buying $5 for.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Do what Playstation All Stars did, have the DLC free for the first two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom