• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Maybe we will get a new moveset where he doesn't "shake his tail feather" for one of his taunts........ hey I can hope can't I?
I'd love a moveset that incorporates stuff from Wario Ware and Wario Land not just the former. :)

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'm gonna detract this conversation for a brief second.

I think the DLC will be heavily based off of the success of Amibos.

Ok, carry on.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It's in the title of the page. Though the word seems to actually be "kozuka" when it's used as a noun.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/小柄
  1. knife attached to the sheath of a sword
Like I said, it's what wikipedia and some other sites call the weapons Takamaru throws. Wikipedia's description of Takamaru:
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , can you translate:
剣術と忍術に長けた、幕府最強の剣客。剣と小柄、そして様々な術を使って敵を倒す。

Specificially on "小柄" in this context?

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Whole E. Heck let the knife thing go. I'm sure all zero non-Japanese who played his game 26 years ago will get over it.

Anyways, Wario DID have several Standard moves from his platformers, including his Side Smash, but it would certainly be nice to see a bit more of his other moves. I say get rid of the Fart Attack; it's completely useless with how long it takes to charge, and it's also... well, a fart attack.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Whole E. Heck let the knife thing go. I'm sure all zero non-Japanese who played his game 26 years ago will get over it.

Anyways, Wario DID have several Standard moves from his platformers, including his Side Smash, but it would certainly be nice to see a bit more of his other moves. I say get rid of the Fart Attack; it's completely useless with how long it takes to charge, and it's also... well, a fart attack.
Noh, keep the bike and the waft at least.

----

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bite and Wario Waft can stay, but the Bike and Corkscrew needs to skedaddle since there are better options to choose from.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The bike is amazing. Keep it.

And there's really nothing else for an Up B.

Wario doesn't need a rework.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , can you translate:
剣術と忍術に長けた、幕府最強の剣客。剣と小柄、そして様々な術を使って敵を倒す。

Specificially on "小柄" in this context?
He is the Shogunate's strongest swordsman who is strong at swords and the art of concealment and espionage. He defeats his enemies by his sword and throwing knives as well as ninja techniques.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Honestly, I think many previous unlockable characters should be starter characters. Especially Captain Falcon and Ness. Personally, I think Marth should be a starter this time as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, I think many previous unlockable characters should be starter characters. Especially Captain Falcon and Ness. Personally, I think Marth should be a starter this time as well.
It depends, I suppose. Captain Falcon and Ness were already starters once, so it is not as though they are exclusively "hidden" characters.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well he is on the front of the 3DS' cover so that's something going for him.
Other than him Little Mac and Rosalina are also on the cover along with the Villager.
The Villager also appears on the Wii U boxart along with Wii Fit Trainer.
This is the reason I think all announced Newcomers besides the 3rd Party Characters will all be starters but I'm probably just over thinking things.

Other than him Little Mac and Rosalina are also on the cover along with the Villager.
This is the reason I think all announced Newcomers besides the 3rd Party Characters will all be starters but I'm probably just over thinking things.
:4greninja: 'd by @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Greninja is not on either cover-art, is he? I believe that he might be an unlock-able character. Albeit, it seems weird that Mario would have five four starter characters in my opinion.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Greninja is not on either cover-art, is he? I believe that he might be an unlock-able character. Albeit, it seems weird that Mario would have five starter characters in my opinion.
I didn't mean all currently revealed Characters.
I meant all currently revealed newcomers.
So Peach, Bowser, or Luigi could be Secret characters.
But that's my opinion.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I personally think Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Luigi, Toon Link, and Lucario are all unlockable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What about Luigi?
What about Toon Link?
Probably starters now too, as well as Lucario. I think Sakurai is probably trying to get a few unlockable veterans into starters so more newcomers are put in as unlockables. I recall people complaining about how Brawl had a lot of unlockables who where just veterans compared to newcomers so I think he tried to rectify that by promoting a few as starters.

But that's just my opinion. :T

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I personally think Sakurai is just simply fine with showing off secret characters this time around. Like he basically said in Luigi's reveal, "Why not?" I think Luigi, Toon Link, and Lucario will be unlockable. Along with the third parties, of course!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'd say there won't any real "secret" character and that we'll know everyone before the release, but a lot of them will still be unlockables.

But, with the pace we're going with, and the fact there's like ~15 characters to go, I just can't see it. We'd have to get like a reveal every week or something.

At the very least, I'm confident we'll get Wario, Ice Climbers and Meta Knight before the release.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Probably starters now too, as well as Lucario. I think Sakurai is probably trying to get a few unlockable veterans into starters so more newcomers are put in as unlockables. I recall people complaining about how Brawl had a lot of unlockables who where just veterans compared to newcomers so I think he tried to rectify that by promoting a few as starters.

But that's just my opinion. :T
I don't know.
Luigi has been unlockable in the three games before this. He could've just revealed him for the Year of Luigi.
Same with Toon Link and Wind Waker HD. He could've just wanted them out of the way now since we expected them.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't know.
Luigi has been unlockable in the three games before this. He could've just revealed him for the Year of Luigi.
Same with Toon Link and Wind Waker HD. He could've just wanted them out of the way now since we expected them.
Who knows how Sakurai works this time. During Brawl I kinda expected the likes of Dedede and Olimar to be unlockables but in the end they all winded up being starters with the exception of the third parties. So either he decided to be cool with revealing more unlockables or he still works in that way and only :4sonic::4megaman: and :4pacman: will wind up as unlockables by the game's release. (And even that may even change)

Not to mention if he's cool with revealing all unlockables, then he sure is taking his sweet time revealing the rest of them. I kinda really only expect him to reveal Ice Climbers, (Lucas?) Wario and Meta Knight up until the game's Japanese release up to this point. (Maybe Ness, Captain Falcon and Snake too)

I don't know, but I guess I'll just stick with them being starters for now...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Who knows how Sakurai works this time. During Brawl I kinda expected the likes of Dedede and Pokemon Trainer to be unlockables but in the end they all winded up being starters with the exception of the third parties. So either he decided to be cool with revealing more unlockables or he still works in that way and only :4sonic::4megaman: and :4pacman: will wind up as unlockables by the game's release.

Not to mention if he's cool with revealing all unlockables, then he sure is taking his sweet time revealing the rest of them. I kinda really only expect him to reveal Ice Climbers, (Lucas?) Wario and Meta Knight up until the game's Japanese release up to this point. (Maybe Ness, Captain Falcon and Snake too)

I don't know, but I guess I'll just stick with them being starters for now.
Well, referring to reveals.
What I think will happen is we'll get a couple more veterans, that it'll stop (maybe after everyone's got the game) and then have post-release veterans/newcomers.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, referring to reveals.
What I think will happen is we'll get a couple more veterans, that it'll stop (maybe after everyone's got the game) and then have post-release veterans/newcomers.
Perhaps, guess we will just have to wait it out and see because currently it's a bit vague right now imo for what exactly will be done with the currently revealed veteran unlockables as it can go either way for them I guess.... (Except Marth as he seems to be a starter now if the 3DS cover is anything to go by.)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Perhaps, guess we will just have to wait it out and see because currently it's a bit vague right now imo for what exactly will be done with the currently revealed unlockables as it cvan go either way for them I guess... (Except Marth as he seem to be a starter now if the 3DS cover is anything to go by.)
I guess.
(Also referring to Marth mind you Snake and Sonic were on Brawl's box as well.)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think Sakurai has already specifically commented on Luigi's role as a hidden character?

Anyways pretty sure we definitely have some hidden characters revealed

mainly the third parties, and our boys in green.

The fact that both diddy is on the website so early makes me hopeful for K Rool as a secret character

too bad I can't say the same thing about ZZS and riddles

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess.
(Also referring to Marth mind you Snake and Sonic were on Brawl's box as well.)
(Well yah, but so where Ness and Captain Falcon in Melee's cover and they where starters in that game too, I think they mainly wanted to advertise the third parties who where revealed then, I kinda expect it to be done again for Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man this time too.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
(Well yah, but so where Ness and Captain Falcon in Melee's cover and they where starters in that game too, I think they mainly wanted to advertise the third parties who where revealed then, I kinda expect it to be done again for Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man this time too.)
(Touche.)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'll start.

We need more Mother characters. Discuss which Mother characters will be the first five DLC additions.

My suggestions:

1. Duster
2. Porky
3. Giygas/Giegue
4. Jeff
5. Kumatora

I'm excited to hear responses.

D

Deleted member

1. Porky (voiced by me)
2. Boney
3. New Age Retro Hippy