• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think Sakurai will bring the fan-service for Wario and give him the bash move from the Wario Land.
He already has it though. :p

Eh, I don't think it works as a special. It's a generic shoulder bash, something Samus, C.Falcon and Ganondorf has as dash attacks. I'm a huge Wario Land fan and the shoulder bash in Project M didn't do it for me. In the games (Wario Land 2-4), the shoulder bash was a very convenient utility move for puzzle solving than actually an offensive attack, but in Project M it was monotonous and sluggish, and unnaturally powerful. My ideal shoulder bash is more of a combo extender (going with its utility design), but that works for a dash attack...even though I'll miss the base stealing dash attack in Brawl.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I don't mind Wario's regular melee attacks representing Wario Land a bit more, the earthquake punch would definetly make a better down smash, i also really like his Project M's Fsmash kick. But as far as specials go i think he is perfect, they have much synergy with each other... except the corkscrew but i really don't have any idea what they could replace that with.

D

Deleted member

On the other side of things Jiigglypuff was meant to get cut for three games and she still made it.
Source? That isn't possible. There have only been 3 games thus far, and Jiggz was never supposed to be cut in 64.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Source? That isn't possible. There have only been 3 games thus far, and Jiggz was never supposed to be cut in 64.
Sorry I meant she was a last minute addition in all of them thus far.
Well in Melee she was before the clones but...
Eh, whatever I think the same thing will happen to her this time as well.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
You guys are wrong. The worst roster group of newcomers was the original, I mean we got

Fat Italian Ryu, Small King Kong, Some Skinny Elf, An Iron Man Wannabe, Baby Reptar, Pink Stay Puff Marshmallow Baby, An Ugly Gerbil, A Furry, Green Fat Italian Ryu, Short Justin Beiber, Freaky Chuck Norris and A Wannabe Ganster.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You guys are wrong. The worst roster group of newcomers was the original, I mean we got

Fat Italian Ryu, Small King Kong, Some Skinny Elf, An Iron Man Wannabe, Baby Reptar, Pink Stay Puff Marshmallow Baby, An Ugly Gerbil, A Furry, Green Fat Italian Ryu, Short Justin Beiber, Freaky Chuck Norris and A Wannabe Ganster.
You just named off my actual dream roster for IDIOTS UNITE 3 - 1/2 .:troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Wannabe gangster?

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
His purple convertible as a special variation could be cool. Faster and stronger, but it cannot pop a wheelie.
I remember reading about Wario's convertible, (top speed was 200 in Mk Double dash's summary for him) but it looked like one of those 1950 vehicles when I first saw it. That was my impression at least.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I lost it at the ugly gerbil, what is this i don't even...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Just in case the joke goes on too long:

Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Cpt. Falcon, Ness.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I remember reading about Wario's convertible, (top speed was 200 in Mk Double dash's summary for him) but it looked like one of those 1950 vehicles when I first saw it. That was my impression at least.
It's the Wario Car from Wario Land 4, which is based on a 1958 Cadillac Eldorado. It's really cool.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's the Wario Car from Wario Land 4, which is based on a 1958 Cadillac Eldorado. It's really cool.
Yeah I know it needs to be in the game one way or another.
I liked how he was just driving across the desert in it in Wario Land 4.

D

Deleted member

Sorry I meant she was a last minute addition in all of them thus far.
Well in Melee she was before the clones but...
Eh, whatever I think the same thing will happen to her this time as well.
The fact that she's so simple to include that they can include her last second kinda helps make the argument for her to return stronger.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The fact that she's so simple to include that they can include her last second kinda helps make the argument for her to return stronger.
Cause they only have to edit kirby's model. That's the whole reason she got in in the first place.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I agree the only thing that's standing in her way is the Pokemon roster size already but that's not a very strong argument either seeing as Mario and Pokemon have flip flopped whoever has most representatives since Melee.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's get back on topic guys. :p

So, Pac-Man is our first summon character!

What do you think?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Let's get back on topic guys. :p

What do you think?
I'd prefer to reserve judgment 'til after I've seen how he plays without, y'know, constant gag cutaways. Chances are we won't see how he plays 'til the game releases on 3DS.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
What do you think?
He's going to turn out like most Summon Characters do and be high tier. Spacing everywhere, effective tools and the like will likely make Pac really good, but I doubt he'll be top due to the common factor that many summon characters have pathetically low survival chances without their summons in play. Pac players will likely have to use the tools effectively in the right situation. In addition, Hard Counters = Large Stages. Effective spacing tools will include that Fire Hydrant, without a doubt. In the trailer, I saw that as a really effective move. Stages like Pyrosphere will be a hinderance because they're large enough. In addition, stages with platforms and many levels effectively choke Pac based on the options he's been seen to have.

I'm sorry, Summon Character?
What does that mean, fill me in if you don't mind.
A summon character is a character who summons various characters and tools to help them fight in battle. Think Dedede's Side Special, but where the whole moveset is kind of based around summoning items and stuff to assist you in battle.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think Pac will be around A-Tier. He's probably mid weight so I don't think he'll be KOed that easily.
Although he seemed a bit floaty from what I saw, so he's vulnerable to juggling I guess.

His sentry hydrant will certainly be of assistance. I wonder if the fruit helps you regain health, that'd be really great too.

I have a hard time seeing anything bad about Pac right now.
His recovery looks very good too, and his spacing options are amazing.

Oh and PS, anyone else realize he has the same smash attacks as Lucario? :p

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Pac man looks awesome so far, but i still hope that this game has a nice balance between defensive and offensive play, otherwise Pac-man might end up being too good.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
If the leak is true, I can't really say how I feel about the newcomers this time. I got one of my most wanted (Villager) but the rest don't really excite me. This is mostly due to me supporting lesser popular characters. I'm by no means saying the roster is bad but I'm hoping to see some of my more wanted characters.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
This may sound a bit off topic, but can anyone link me to the video where Mr. Sakurai says, "Have you ever made a game?" To the a-hole fan at the roundtable?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
This may sound a bit off topic, but can anyone link me to the video where Mr. Sakurai says, "Have you ever made a game?" To the a-hole fan at the roundtable?
don't think there was a video of that.

might be wrong though

either way yes, this is totally the wrong place for that, try the social thread!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The official Nintendo video AKA the only ones that were allowed to film left that part out but he does tell an upcoming developer good luck when the developer says Sakurai was his inspiration.
here's the vid anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom