• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
There really isn't any reason for him to be cut he's well liked and differentiated enough from Ness that he absolutely deserves to be on the roster so I think he's definitely in.
But that's just me (and you... and him)
And me we are happy familiy

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I keep repeating myself, but the way the thing is worded, it is correct if Lucas is cut, Ness is cut, or both make it in. Why? It says Lucas is likely to get the cut, as in he might still make it in.
Precisely, the leak does not objectively assert anything one way or the other. It does insinuate that Lucas is more likely than Ness; however, that is based on empirical knowledge, no doubt. I highly doubt either will be cut even if there is discussion pertaining to the issue. But that might just be Kenith, NonSpecifc, and I (in addition to everyone else that agrees).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I liked the idea of the Chorus Kids because I never really thought about them before. I was mostly rooting for Karate Joe, but when Chorus Kids were brought up I immediately liked the idea.

Really, they make sense. A choir embodies rhythm, whereas a wrestler or a karate fighter don't.

Also they're adorable.

D

Deleted member

I think we should all set out expectations real low for the roster size, like 35 characters or so, then be shocked when the number is much higher than what we expected! Good idea? y/n

Morbi

Scavenger
I liked the idea of the Chorus Kids because I never really thought about them before. I was mostly rooting for Karate Joe, but when Chorus Kids were brought up I immediately liked the idea.

Really, they make sense. A choir embodies rhythm, whereas a wrestler or a karate fighter don't.

Also they're adorable.

Hypothetically, a wrestler or a karate fighter embody the essence of rhythm; however, it is not the musical kind of rhythm.

I do not like the idea to be perfectly honest, but I do not hate it. I do not think it is a good idea, but I do not believe that it is a detrimental one either.

D

Deleted member

*me, thinking about the possibility of Lucas getting cut*

TAKE A MELODY
SIMPLE AS CAN BE
GIVE IT SOME WORDS AND
SWEET HARMONY

The robot is the possibility of Lucas getting cut BTW
NO CRYING UNTIL THE ENDING

(as in tears of joy if he's in, tears of sadness if he's not)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think we should all set out expectations real low for the roster size, like 35 characters or so, then be shocked when the number is much higher than what we expected! Good idea? y/n
Two more characters left to reveal who're they going to be???
But that expectation is a little too low. hehe

Edit: Frik done went and got :4greninja:'d

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy ****, that's more apt than I thought.

But no seriously guys. All we need to do is believe. And love. Love Lucas.
LOVE IS THE POWER LOVE IS THE GLORY LOVE IS THE BEAUTY AND THE JOY OF SPRING
LOVE IN THE MAGIC LOVE IS THE STORY LOVE IS THE MELODY THAT WE CAN SING

I think I got these lyrics wrong...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hypothetically, a wrestler or a karate fighter embody the essence of rhythm; however, it is not the musical kind of rhythm..
I thought it was obvious that's what I meant. :p Trust me, I box, I know rhythm applies to martial arts.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm expecting 33 characters. That way every time another character is revealed I feel better cause it's not 33 characters.

D

Deleted member

I'm expecting 33 characters. That way every time another character is revealed I feel better cause it's not 33 characters.
Yay! Someone understands the genius of setting your expectations super low! I expected a total roster of about 6 originally, but when 12 characters were revealed at E3, it was just amazing. That was twice as many characters as I thought the roster would have!

I kid I kid

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Please don't post images/videos/gifs/etc unless they are specifically related to the thread's topic.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
D

Deleted member

I expected 1 character. Mario. During the E3 2013 trailer, when Link appeared afterward, I was so thrilled. I never expected to see him of all people in Smash Bros!

D

Deleted member

I know we stopped talking about this two pages ago, but look guys:
RIDLEY IS ACTUALLY TOO BIG FOR THE SUPER METROID BOXART!!
(Those green claws are Ridley.)

Cpt.

Smash Lord
If only you weren't joking :(

Then I could rage about how you couldn't tell who Kraid was :laugh:

Edit: I cant post anymore 777 posts haha...... help me.... what do I do?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow then whoever that douche to the right is is too small. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Wow then whoever that douche to the right is is too small. :troll:
Those are the metroid equivilent of Goombas. Super Metroid just keep killing them, and more seem to show up. Annoying. I don't get why anyone would want one as a playable character

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Don't spoil Mother 3 for others. Especially not here.
Though then again, Brawl actually managed to spoil Mother 3. Shows us how much they cared about making Mother 3 come outside of Japan (or the lack thereof at that time).
Either I'm cold hearted or... it really wasn't that sad.
Getting a bit off topic on this point, but there's spoilers below:
Hinawa's death felt more as a coming of terms to the fact that while Earthbound was about celebrating childhood, Mother 3 can be put as a sort of coming full circle with growing up and the hardships of life that are finally understood at that time.
Well, if Lucas isn't cut, and he's still a starter, he'll probably be revealed before release...
So... We'll know sooner than later...
I'd assume he's a starter or DLC at this point.

Ness is always the token unlockable with his buddy Captain Falcon. Judging how the two are serious fan favorites and whatnot, I'd expect them to be the ones hidden. That and having a whole series with more than one character just feels odd, even with it being done once already.

Again, we're talking about characters and their chances in Smash 4 and the speculated roster in this thread. A little character discussion is nice but let's keep joke characters to a minimum.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I may be one of the only ones who doesn't really think Mother deserved a second character anyway.

And people say Rhythm Heaven doesn't even deserve one character.
Hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom