• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Or... she wasn't planned to be revealed at E3.
Sal was only guessing as to who was going to be revealed at E3. While the leak talked about characters, it never said any specific dates of reveals. Hence why 3 out of 6 characters were correctly revealed at E3 2013.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sal was only guessing as to who was going to be revealed at E3. While the leak talked about characters, it never said any specific dates of reveals. Hence why 3 out of 6 characters were correctly revealed at E3 2013.
If that is the case, then the Gematsu leak is already partially false, because the game comes out this year and Chrom, Shulk, and the Chorus Men are unaccounted for.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm not gonna take the leak verbatim. Like, Lucas for example. I don't think that's very accurate. Again, don't take the leak 100%. He must be on something with the newcomers, but I don't think he's so truthful about everything else.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well honestly the only inconsistency i have found in the leaks so far is the Lucas vs Ness debate, the fact that he didn't mention Rosalina could easily mean that at the time of the first leak, he only knew of those 6 newcomers, and by the time he got the information for the second one, Rosalina was already confirmed. However if this is the case this means that the leaker gets the information shortly before revealing it to Sal, wich means that he only got the information of the Lucas vs Ness debate recently. This however seems unlikely since at this point in development the roster itself is probably already finished and thus it wouldn't make sense to be deciding between these two this late in development. You could argue that the information was from a long time ago, but he clearly mentions that those debates are happening currently.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 16298

Speaking of rosters, here is mine!

NOTES:
Blue is for starters, Green is for unlockables and Purple is for DLC.
Mii Fighters are separated due to being customizable.
The third part of the leak never truly did say that Lucas is cut so I just put him there just for hope.
So, rate, comment, like, subscribe.
Looks like no one sees my roster and since it's a new page I thought it would appropriate to post it again.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Not really, I've had 4 3rd party characters on a 50 character roster for a long time, and now that my roster went up to about 55 (seeing as no trasformations are in the game anymore) that wouldn't really be that much. (And I'm severely doubting any 2nd character of the same company, let alone the same franchise)
Hahaha, yeah I agree with the no 2 3rd party reps thing, but us Sonic fans are dreamers.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Doesn't change the fact that the first part of the Gematsu leak was completely right, the same leaker gave info (the second and third part of the Gematsu leak) to him, there's no reason to doubt Salromano

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
For the record, I think that is official, but outdated. He could have gotten an extremely early prototype roster, which is why he guessed a non-specific X/Y Pokemon (as there was a spot for one, but Greninja was chosen later on)

Similarly, in that stage, there could have been a Ness/Lucas debate, and (this is a stretch) Chrom could have been slated to replace Ike.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yeah. Didn't Sakurai outright state that they're in the debugging process?
Agreed.
I think we're in the phase we're late additions are impossible like Snake in Melee; delaying the game further to put them on-disc and playable would likely kick the release for the Wii U in 2015, which is what Sakurai does not want to do.

Any future additions wouldn't be included in the game, but rather would be slated for DLC.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Doesn't change the fact that the first part of the Gematsu leak was completely right, the same leaker gave info (the second and third part of the Gematsu leak) to him, there's no reason to doubt Salromano
Didn't he say that Palutena, Mii Fighter, Pacman, Chrom, Shulk and Chrous Men would all be revealed at E3? And did they say PacMan, Mii and Litlte MAc would be shown last year? The leaker does not have all the information.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Doesn't change the fact that the first part of the Gematsu leak was completely right
No.

All of the characters in that leak are present. But that leak stated they would all be revealed at E3 2013, which is false (only three were).
Even if you add E3 2014, it's still false as Little Mac was revealed in a Direct.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Didn't he say that Palutena, Mii Fighter, Pacman, Chrom, Shulk and Chrous Men would all be revealed at E3? And did they say PacMan, Mii and Litlte MAc would be shown last year? The leaker does not have all the information.
Read Xenoblaze's above post. He was only guessing that the leaked characters he got would be at E3.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Actually, no.

It didn't explicitly say that these would all be revealed at E3. Sal himself said that it might, but he didn't know himself.

Summary of Leak 3 said:
- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
He doesn't say here that the leaker confirmed it would show them all at E3. It's still a live fish.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
He never stated all of those characters would be revealed (like Jesus overkill much?), but rather any of those characters would be revealed.

Also keep in mind that despite having a source, Sal is still doing some guess work due to the lack of specified dates.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'll say it again.

Not believing Gematsu at this point is ridiculous.
This reminds me of the controversy surrounding the Ptolemaic system; a geocentric model that stagnated astronomy for centuries as it plagued the art of astronomy with misconceptions about the planetary orbits. There was nothing objective to disprove the theory; so instead of finding the inconsistencies, it was just accepted.

Replace "Ptolemaic system" with "Gematsu leak" and replace "a geocentric model" with "predictions." Obviously the equivalent to astronomy is "speculation." Planetary orbits = roster.

This reminds me of the controversy surrounding the Gematsu leak; predictions that stagnated speculation for centuries as it plagued the art of speculation with misconceptions about the roster. There was nothing objective to disprove the theory, so instead of finding the inconsistencies, it was just accepted.

Funny, is it not?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If guessing is involved, then how do we know he didn't just guess the newcomers, the only actual hard one was WFT, and me and a couple of my friends have predicted her before...
This is silly. Even if all the others are likely as you say, how come all of them, bar three, got revealed?

You can't just "guess" 8 out of 9 newcomers. And why is the fact that a Rhythm Heaven enemy is in Smash Run being ignored?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This is silly. Even if all the others are likely as you say, how come all of them, bar three, got revealed?

You can't just "guess" 8 out of 9 newcomers. And why is the fact that a Rhythm Heaven enemy is in Smash Run being ignored?
A Nintendo character from one of the most popular DS games on a 3DS exclusive mode?! That my friend is undeniable proof of the leak! :rolleyes:

Groose

Smash Champion
This is the roster I made about in mid-April. I just stumbled across it while cleaning out the old documents from high school. I just updated the pictures for Ike, Pac-Man, Palutena, and Miis, but I haven't made any other edits. I'm still confident that this is pretty accurate, but I do have a few misgivings. I'm considering adding Wolf back in, and I may cut one of Falco, Snake, Mewtwo or Jigglypuff. I'll decide by the end of the month. Oh, and the arrangement needs to be fixed up a bit.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
A Nintendo character from one of the most popular DS games on a 3DS exclusive mode?! That my friend is undeniable proof of the leak! :rolleyes:
Keep in mind that every enemy revealed comes from a series established on the roster. The closest thing to an exception would (ironically) be the Yellow Ghost from Find Mii.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Franchise specific enemies we've seen so far are all from playable franchises, with the exception of the Polar Bear (unless you're gonna say Ice Climbers are cut) and well, the Rhythm Heaven enemy. A series that technically has NO enemies.

It's NOT proof, but it's LIKELY that a Rhythm Heaven rep is in. This favors the leak, unless a Rhythm Heaven character is "an easy guess" now?

Morbi

Scavenger
people that have faith in a rumor with believable validity = extremists
"Believable" is subjective. For instance, Kenith and I are clearly not convinced by circumstantial evidence. So people who believe the leak based on a coincidence are more likely than not going to be interpreted as extremists.

Keep in mind that every enemy revealed comes from a series established on the roster. The closest thing to an exception would (ironically) be the Yellow Ghost from Find Mii.
Assuming that arbitrary assertion means anything, that only proves that a Rhythm Heaven character is on the roster.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This is the roster I made about in mid-April. I just stumbled across it while cleaning out the old documents from high school. I just updated the pictures for Ike, Pac-Man, Palutena, and Miis, but I haven't made any other edits. I'm still confident that this is pretty accurate, but I do have a few misgivings. I'm considering adding Wolf back in, and I may cut one of Falco, Snake, Mewtwo or Jigglypuff. I'll decide by the end of the month. Oh, and the arrangement needs to be fixed up a bit.

Oh my god that snake is creepy as hell

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer

Five of them are kind of obvious (Mii, Little Mac, PacMan, Palutena, and Megaman). Villager seemed like a good canidate and most people did not have him on their roster because of Sakurai's previous post. WFT and Greninja could have been lucky guesses.

Staarih

Smash Master
I guess we're (or at least I am?) under the assumption that there are to be more newcomers than the Sal leak ones, which are just kept secret until release (I think some the CSS comparisons give that vibe, at least), but another point towards this would actually be if all the rest of Sal's predictions are revealed pre-release. There's bound to be something left secret and at that point we'd know that it's something out of the Sal leak, since all the characters on that would be revealed. Though I can't see them showing all Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men within three months so we'll see.

Morbi

Scavenger
Five of them are kind of obvious (Mii, Little Mac, PacMan, Palutena, and Megaman). Villager seemed like a good canidate and most people did not have him on their roster because of Sakurai's previous post. WFT and Greninja could have been lucky guesses.
Greninja was not even a "lucky guess," Pokemon from X and Y was the lucky guess (presuming those were indeed guesses).

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
This reminds me of the controversy surrounding the Ptolemaic system; a geocentric model that stagnated astronomy for centuries as it plagued the art of astronomy with misconceptions about the planetary orbits. There was nothing objective to disprove the theory; so instead of finding the inconsistencies, it was just accepted.

Replace "Ptolemaic system" with "Gematsu leak" and replace "a geocentric model" with "predictions." Obviously the equivalent to astronomy is "speculation." Planetary orbits = roster.

This reminds me of the controversy surrounding the Gematsu leak; predictions that stagnated speculation for centuries as it plagued the art of speculation with misconceptions about the roster. There was nothing objective to disprove the theory, so instead of finding the inconsistencies, it was just accepted.

Funny, is it not?
You know what's hilarious?

I was about to post something about the geocentric model myself. >w<

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Greninja was not even a "lucky guess," Pokemon from X and Y was the lucky guess (presuming those were indeed guesses).
I wouldn't even think a "Pokemon from X and Y" would be a lucky guess, as alot of us already thought of it as extremely likely, just in the form of Mewtwo. (or to some others, MegaCharizard or MegaLucario.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom