• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Honestly, I'm very shocked that we didn't at least see one veteran. Especially Wario and Ganondorf since they made an appearance in the show.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Given that Star Fox is now being revived, I can see why all the Star Fox characters would be kept but Lucas wouldn't, since there will never be another Mother game. It's a pretty depressing situation though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Given that Star Fox is now being revived, I can see why all the Star Fox characters would be kept but Lucas wouldn't, since there will never be another Mother game. It's a pretty depressing situation though.
Ironically, Ike returned, so I wouldn't really rule out Lucas just yet.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Let's just hope none of them get cut.
Honestly, I'm very shocked that we didn't at least see one veteran. Especially Wario and Ganondorf since they made an appearance in the show.
I really doubt Robot Chicken know anything about Sakurai's plans, so I wouldn't put much stock in their choice of using Wario and Ganondorf. Especially since Bowser was used for the Peach segment.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Let's just hope none of them get cut.

I really doubt Robot Chicken know anything about Sakurai's plans, so I wouldn't put much stock in their choice of using Wario and Ganondorf. Especially since Bowser was used for the Peach segment.
Still, the lack of a veteran is very shocking to me.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Buffed or revamped Ganondwarf shown off at the end of the invitational = infinite hype.
Shame they missed out on the opportunity.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Still, the lack of a veteran is very shocking to me.
You think? I've been practically hoping to see Wario at E3, so imagine my disappointment. :p

Actually very happy with E3 overall in comparison to the past years for Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Plus Treehouse event was very entertaining. Pac Man's reveal was great as well, so I'm not too bugged about no Wario.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wishful thinking at best there, though it would be a nice way to conclude the E3 bonanza.
I know it's kinda iffy, but we didn't get ANY veterans during E3. I was really surprised with that. We still need Ness, Captain Falcon, Jiggs, Wario, and Mewtwo after all. Mewtwo I think will be in a direct with his own trailer, but I'm not sure when those others will be revealed

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You know, I would expect a person with insider info to know whether or not a character is cut. Don't you?
It's outdated. Apparently when Sakurai decided the roster he put down "Pokemon from X/Y" originally, and it wasn't until he saw the concept art a bit after that he went with Greninja and based his moveset completely on his design alone. (So his eventual popularity was purely coincidental, and his heavy ninja influence vs actual Pokemon moves relative to other Pokemon in the roster makes sense with that.)

If you go with that, the leak saying "X/Y Pokemon" makes sense if it's the outdated list. Also if there is a debate it's pretty much decided anyway, long ago. Also might make sense that Pac Man, Mii and Mac weren't revealed at E3 last year despite the leak saying otherwise, because it meant the "original plans" changed.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You think? I've been practically hoping to see Wario at E3, so imagine my disappointment. :p

Actually very happy with E3 overall in comparison to the past years for Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Plus Treehouse event was very entertaining. Pac Man's reveal was great as well, so I'm not too bugged about no Wario.
Is your avatar from advanced wars?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Is your avatar from advanced wars?
Yeah, it's Sami. Intelligent Systems confirming that the series is still being worked on got me in the mood for it.

I totally wouldn't mind an Advance Wars character in Smash as well.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's outdated. Apparently when Sakurai decided the roster he put down "Pokemon from X/Y" originally, and it wasn't until he saw the concept art a bit after that he went with Greninja and based his moveset completely on his design alone. (So his eventual popularity was purely coincidental, and his heavy ninja influence vs actual Pokemon moves relative to other Pokemon in the roster makes sense with that.)

If you go with that, the leak saying "X/Y Pokemon" makes sense if it's the outdated list. Also if there is a debate it's pretty much decided anyway, long ago. Also might make sense that Pac Man, Mii and Mac weren't revealed at E3 last year despite the leak saying otherwise, because it meant the "original plans" changed.
Outdated list, hm?
Interesting. By that logic, perhaps I can hope parts of it stay inconsistent.

I think part of it is real, but it is also has a lot of inconsistencies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Outdated list, hm?
Interesting. By that logic, perhaps I can hope parts of it stay inconsistent.

I think part of it is real, but it is also has a lot of inconsistencies.
It's a reliable leak and pretty much true, but it's not accurate.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In retrospect it is. I'm really tired and have no idea why I'm still awake but let me rephrase that. lol

It's a reliable leak, but not exactly complete.
Alright. That is respectable.

I agree. Wherever this guy gets his info, it is definitely an official source. I'm still thinking there might be a bit of "fill in the blanks" going on.

EDIT: For example, what if the guy leaking this is biased or making assumptions?

New Fire Emblem character? Chrom seems like an obvious choice.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am conflicted about Ms. Pac-Man being in the game. The good part is that it would be one more female character in the game, plus her game is pretty damn good... The (arguably) bad side is that she looks like a Drag Queen Pac-Man. Arguably because there is absolutely nothing wrong with Drag Queens, but I am not quite fond of the design. >_< I... I dunno.
Don't worry, game is already jagged as is.
Is it?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Possible that Sals Leaker got the information early on and conveyed it out in portions.

If the leaker didn't know the specific x/y pokemon before it was picked for development, who's to say Sakurai didn't add or remove characters from that leakers source later on. Could be why he missed out on Rosalina..added later in the dev cycle than when this guy got his info.

Since Sakurai stated that they know all the characters prior to starting the game and the leaker indicated it was still ness vs Lucas (and not specific x/y pokemon and Rosalina) makes me think that is the case with the above. His early info is mostly correct but things changed in the dev process.

For instance, maybe while they initially wanted Chrom to be in the game they opted for Ike instead....

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Possible that Sals Leaker got the information early on and conveyed it out in portions.

If the leaker didn't know the specific x/y pokemon before it was picked for development, who's to say Sakurai didn't add or remove characters from that leakers source later on. Could be why he missed out on Rosalina..added later in the dev cycle than when this guy got his info.

Since Sakurai stated that they know all the characters prior to starting the game and the leaker indicated it was still ness vs Lucas (and not specific x/y pokemon and Rosalina) makes me think that is the case with the above. His early info is mostly correct but things changed in the dev process.

For instance, maybe while they initially wanted Chrom to be in the game they opted for Ike instead....
It does not work for that, you do not plan for a last minute clone prior to beginning development. Ike was never a candidate to leave the roster, that is blatantly obvious.

Reila

I hope to god this is the case. While I don't dislike Chrom's character in Awakening, having him in Smash just rubs me the wrong way.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
And lol at anyone thinking they would get rid of Falco.
Gematsu says that they considered dropping Ness.

One of the first characters to be in Smash Bros.

Cutting Falco is honestly within the realm of possibility if they considered dropping Ness.

Same with Jigglypuff.

Reila

Ah, I misconstrued that sentiment. Either way, I would be fairly disappointed if Chrom was the only character that was no longer applicable to the list as he is one of the more ideal choices.
Except he isn't. He is the opposite of an ideal choice. The ideal choice would be Robin/MyUnit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom