• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
The onlu thing thats preventing me from believing the Gematsu leak is true is the lack of chorus kids. That is the dealbreaker for me. Mii,Palutena and Pacman were all easy to predict, at least for the leak before the direct.

Chrom and Shulk are easy to predict as well.
Did you hear about the Rhythm Heaven enemy spotted in Smash Run?

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Why would you cut Lucas and Falco. Lucas is the main Protagonist of Mother 3 and a important character in the Earthbound Games, He is a staple to the Smash Series He wont be cut. Falco will not be cut he was very popular among melee and and a fan favorite. Didn't much like Wolf Moveset in Brawl (but his Project M Moveset was better) I don't see him getting cut. I see him coming back with a revamped movset (or he could be replaced by Krystal)
R.O.B and Ice Climbers wont be leaving anytime soon. R.O.B is a very important part of Nintendo History and the Video Game Crash and since Sakurai has his mind on the 80's right now it's very unlikely he will be cut. Now Ice Climber I say Sakurai don't want them cut but he did say they were having technical issues with the Ice Climbers on the 3DS. Jiggs is one of the Original 12 if they was going to cut her she would have been cut during Brawl's Development, Mewtwo is a Highly Requested Character wait a sec take that back A DEMANDED Character he's will most likely be in.
I think you missed my point, I was posing the question of what is the logic behind getting rid of Lucas (presumably because he is a semi clone) and keeping wolf and or falco who are semi and pseudo clones?
If they really are being forced to choose between ness and Lucas, why would they not between wolf or falco?

And as for IC and ROB, we can only speculate we know what sakurai is thinking, I don't think they are gone either but who knows if time constraints or new character priorities took their toll.

As for jiggs, I believe she almost was cut from brawl so I don't feel like the original 12 are necessarily as untouchable as many assume they are. Perhaps mewtwo gets his turn over her this time?

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Sakurai treats every character seperate, even when it's a recolor to most people. But I guess that's just your opinion, but it's not Sakurai's at all.
I sincerely doubt we'll get two pits, but by all means don't let my pessimistic opinions dent your fortitude. Anything is possible.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I sincerely doubt we'll get two pits, but by all means don't let my pessimistic opinions dent your fortitude. Anything is possible.
There is plenty of weapons and moves from KIU that there could be another Pit with a different moveset.

But I also doubt 2 pits.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, let me get this straight. The only reason Falco should stay over Wolf is that people like him and longevity. That's bull. Sakurai doesn't care about either of those things, as we've seen in the past. If Sakurai cares about what fans want, we would've had Ridley as playable by now. And longevity means nothing to Sakurai. I think he's going to be our "Mewtwo"; something we didn't truly appreciate until it's gone.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Sakurai very much cares for longevity within the series, otherwise we wouldn't keep getting Sheik and Jiggs. And Ness.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
So, let me get this straight. The only reason Falco should stay over Wolf is that people like him and longevity. That's bull. Sakurai doesn't care about either of those things, as we've seen in the past. If Sakurai cares about what fans want, we would've had Ridley as playable by now. And longevity means nothing to Sakurai. I think he's going to be our "Mewtwo"; something we didn't truly appreciate until it's gone.
Can't we just keep Falco and Wolf? Is that an option? :p

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
On the topic of Dark Pit, I think he'll be either a stage hazard or an Assist Trophy. Most likely the former, in my opinion, cause he came to crash Palutena's party.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Hadn't read all the pages, but I think I had not read this new character option yet:

We have Charizard, the iconic fire pokemon from 1st generation.
We have Greninja, so far the most "adaptable" pokemon from last generation.

What are we missing? Grass type. What is promoting Nintendo now? Hoenn remake.

I really think Sceptile is going to be inside.
Oh my goodness, that avatar of yours is absolutely terrifying...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Lucas isn't even comparable to Wolf.
Fox and Wolf are completely different characters that only share about 3 moves.

And lol at anyone thinking they would get rid of Falco.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I posted this back at the Mewtwo thread. It involves the roster size. Just a little thing I found.

I'm just gonna leave this here.... and, uh, yeah.

Well! Thanks to magical powers of Photoshop, I think I found out the roster size! ... Maybe.

So! Here's the roster of the demo:

It has a total of 20 characters + a random slot. Pretty solid for a demo.

Now, lets add some slots to make that a perfect rectangle.

This gives us a whooping 23 slots. There's still some space to the sides, though. Lets cover them!

... Could only add 3 more. So here's a 27 big roster. Seeing that we have 34 characters revealed, there's clearly something wrong here. Let's do the same as Brawl and shrink those slots!

Now we're at 48 slots... huh. It seems whoever did that estimation was somewhat right. But, assuming the Brawl crew comes back with the lowest amount of cuts possible (two, Ivysaur and Squirtle) at 37, plus the 9 newcomers shown, there'd be only a single space left in the roster (Mewtwo?)... which, unless it means there have been a boatload of cuts, means that the roster is pretty much underwhelming. So many popular characters are being left out.

However, let's get a little crazy here. So, we had 64's roster, which had 2 rows; then Melee, with 3; and then Brawl, with 4. Let's say this game does add one extra row to it's roster. That'd bring the roster size to...

... an outstanding 60 slots! That is quite a large amount of smashers, would't you say? Though, 59 is a bit of a weird number. Plus, this roster isn't as wide as the demo roster. Let's expand it a little bit more one more time.

Here's the best possible roster. 65 slots - 64 players and a random slot! Not only would this size be the ultimate fanservice Sakurai could deliver, but the amount of characters is 64; a perfect throwback to the original game!

Now, I don't mean to hype you up, nor do I want to dissapoint you; I just did this for fun. Though it gives me a really cool idea of what the roster would be like.

Brainstorming here.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I still think Dark Pit was there to go along with another trailer. I'm not sure how it would link up to another trailer, but since Link was also in the trailer it might have to do with the two series.
Was there someone who said something about a Hades + Ganon trailer?

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Just throwing this out there, but if Wolf does get cut, (Which I'm hoping not. I made my senior quote one of his lines from Assault,) then will Krystal be the sure fire replacement for him? I highly doubt Mr. Sakurai would demote the franchise. And before anyone brings up Dr. Mario, just remember that both Krystal and Wolf are actually fleshed out characters, and not just a re-hashed version of the original form of a character.

Last edited:

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
I posted this back at the Mewtwo thread. It involves the roster size. Just a little thing I found.

I'm just gonna leave this here.... and, uh, yeah.
64 characters... 32 announced. That'd only be feasible with DLC. But in Dreamland!
Announced
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Rosalina
  5. Bowser
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Diddy Kong
  8. Yoshi
  9. Link
  10. Zelda
  11. Sheik
  12. Toon Link
  13. Pikachu
  14. Lucario
  15. Charizard
  16. Greninja
  17. Kirby
  18. King Dedede
  19. Fox
  20. Samus
  21. Zero Suit Samus
  22. Pit
  23. Palutena
  24. Olimar
  25. Marth
  26. Ike
  27. Villager
  28. Mii Fighter
  29. Wii Fit Trainer
  30. Little Mac
  31. Sonic
  32. Megaman
  33. Pac-Man
Unlockables (15)
  1. Ness
  2. Captain Falcon
  3. Jigglypuff
  4. Wario
  5. Meta Knight
  6. Mr. Game and Watch
  7. R.O.B.
  8. Ice Climbers
  9. Ridley
  10. King K. Rool
  11. Chrom
  12. Shulk
  13. Marshall
  14. Falco
  15. Wolf
DLC (16, over 2-3 yrs)
  1. Lucas
  2. Roy
  3. Snake
  4. Mewtwo
  5. Sceptile
  6. Dixie Kong
  7. Bowser Jr.
  8. Paper Mario
  9. Ghiralham
  10. Impa
  11. Krystal
  12. Mach Rider
  13. Takamara
  14. Chibi-Robo
  15. Issac
  16. Bandana Dee

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I also have something to bring up

I was very surprised that we didn't get any veterans all through the event so far, and I'm not expecting any either. I now ask a question. Anyone know if there are any games coming out next month that Sakurai would play along with and add a veteran?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom