• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Interesting. Looks like my argument over in the Gematsu Leak topic was right. We WILL be getting more characters than what's in the Gematsu Leak. Looks like the game's still on.
Hey, I might be wrong. It could be one column shorter. It is just a possibility.

Last edited:

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
So sal leak plus k rool ridley and mewtwo and a random newcomer. Now we just need to discuss who this last newcomer is. I say either isaac mach rider takamaru bandana dee etc could all be good options
I'd say all of the other characters you mentioned have a better chance than K Rool. On series-relevance, I'd say Dixie has a better chance too.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Come on. It's either this or never see him playable. Why be all high and mighty when we know this is BEST CASE for him? It's easy fan service.

I believe sal has leaked every character, it's coming down to which veterans aren't returning, and DLC speculation at this point.

Brawl cast -Squirtle - Ivysaur for sure

Lucas and Snake are both questionable

+ Megaman, Pac Man, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Little Mac, Villager, Palutena, Miis, Chrom, Chorus Kids, and Shulk

This leaves us with 49 characters, assuming Snake AND Lucas come back. Now, it sounds like Lucas is cut, so that leaves us with 48. The final piece to the puzzle is Snake. Is he in? Or no?

We pretty much have the roster now guys.

DLC is what I'm aiming to speculate about at this point.
I think the sal leak is all we are getting too for newcomers.

So depending on cuts I think we are getting 44-47 characters.

At this point I'm still thinking as before ivysaur squirtle and snake for sure are gone. Which would give us 47, but with all this talk now that Lucas is cut, by that logic why keep falco and or wolf? they are both semi/pseudo clones too of similar weight. Is sakurai going on a same-ish weight clone cutting spree? So if they all get cut then we have 44.

I do still feel ROB and IC's fate is debatable, but they are more likely in than not I'd say.

And as far as mewtwo goes, I'm only seeing him now if jiggs is cut, which would be fine by me.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326

At this point I'm still thinking as before ivysaur squirtle and snake for sure are gone. Which would give us 47, but with all this talk now that Lucas is cut, by that logic why keep falco and or wolf? they are both semi/pseudo clones too of similar weight. Is sakurai going on a same-ish weight clone cutting spree? So if they all get cut then we have 44.

I do still feel ROB and IC's fate is debatable, but they are more likely in than not I'd say.

And as far as mewtwo goes, I'm only seeing him now if jiggs is cut, which would be fine by me.
That really infuriates me when people still say that Wolf is a pseudo clone of Fox.
And yet, I'd also have to mention that I think that, since Luigi's back, the other 3 are not going to be cut, whatsoever. And sure, Sakurai did reveal to us our most wanted characters at E3 (Palutena, Pac-Man and Mii Fighter), so who's to say Mewtwo won't be in as a returning veteran?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So sal leak plus k rool ridley and mewtwo and a random newcomer. Now we just need to discuss who this last newcomer is. I say either isaac mach rider takamaru bandana dee etc could all be good options
This is what am thinking to. But due to the lack of new characters from veteran series, I'm thinking the last characters are Mewtwo, King K.Rool and Impa, from the Legend of Zelda.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Everybody likes Impa for Smash....

But yes, I do hope for those other two characters to be added
DKC and Zelda are the biggest series left outside of Mario and Pokémon, who have gotten newcomers. Impa is a legit choice.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
DKC and Zelda are the biggest nintendo series left outside of Mario and Pokémon, who have gotten newcomers. Impa is a legit choice.
Impa would be nice, I'll give you that, but tbh I only just added Mewtwo as a possibility because I've also added in Paper Mario to balance it out. If I were to consider a Zelda newcomer, Impa would be nice, but I'd prefer someone like Toon Zelda. No offense

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa would be nice, I'll give you that, but tbh I only just added Mewtwo as a possibility because I've also added in Paper Mario to balance it out. I I were to consider a Zelda newcomer, Impa would be nice, but I'd prefer someone like Toon Zelda. No offense
It's no problem. But it's either Impa or nobody from Zelda at this point easily.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'd say classic Ganon has a shot, but I'm not really expecting any new Zelda reps.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
After seeing that there's a possibility of Dark Pit being a playable character, there really isn't anyone they could add that could disappoint me at this point.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Everyone's talking about how the Sal leak consists of ALL the newcomers...And I'm sitting here wondering why everyone has forgotten Rosalina.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Why would you cut Lucas and Falco. Lucas is the main Protagonist of Mother 3 and a important character in the Earthbound Games, He is a staple to the Smash Series He wont be cut. Falco will not be cut he was very popular among melee and and a fan favorite. Didn't much like Wolf Moveset in Brawl (but his Project M Moveset was better) I don't see him getting cut. I see him coming back with a revamped movset (or he could be replaced by Krystal)
R.O.B and Ice Climbers wont be leaving anytime soon. R.O.B is a very important part of Nintendo History and the Video Game Crash and since Sakurai has his mind on the 80's right now it's very unlikely he will be cut. Now Ice Climber I say Sakurai don't want them cut but he did say they were having technical issues with the Ice Climbers on the 3DS. Jiggs is one of the Original 12 if they was going to cut her she would have been cut during Brawl's Development, Mewtwo is a Highly Requested Character wait a sec take that back A DEMANDED Character he's will most likely be in.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Why would you cut Lucas and Falco. Lucas is the main Protagonist of Mother 3 and a important character in the Earthbound Games, He is a staple to the Smash Series He wont be cut. Falco will not be cut he was very popular among melee and and a fan favorite. Didn't much like Wolf Moveset in Brawl (but his Project M Moveset was better) I don't see him getting cut. I see him coming back with a revamped movset (or he could be replaced by Krystal)
R.O.B and Ice Climbers wont be leaving anytime soon. R.O.B is a very important part of Nintendo History and the Video Game Crash and since Sakurai has his mind on the 80's right now it's very unlikely he will be cut. Now Ice Climber I say Sakurai don't want them cut but he did say they were having technical issues with the Ice Climbers on the 3DS. Jiggs is one of the Original 12 if they was going to cut her she would have been cut during Brawl's Development, Mewtwo is a Highly Requested Character wait a sec take that back A DEMANDED Character he's will most likely be in.
Well... most people think Lucas have been removed cause Sal leaks said that Nintendo had to choose who was staying... Ness or Lucas, and Ness is a classic so... bye Lucas :drifloon:, also.... i don't think Falco will get cut, if someone from Starfox get removed... it will be Wolf (I hope both stays) :drshrug:.

We know Ice Climbers aren't going anywhere, why? well... we know that they were working of them, and even if they said that they were having problems with the IC, we still got Rosalina that is more complex than IC so we could say that whatever the problem was with them, is fixed :dr^_^:....

Everyone's talking about how the Sal leak consists of ALL the newcomers...And I'm sitting here wondering why everyone has forgotten Rosalina.
I hope you're right... :drohmy:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I am currently in the mindset that we are only getting the NEWCOMERS from Gematsu now.

But that doesn't count out Mewtwo. :shades:

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Honestly. Like, I'm fairly certain that guy never said anything about Rosalina. If I'm wrong, someone find a source that he predicted her.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Honestly. Like, I'm fairly certain that guy never said anything about Rosalina. If I'm wrong, someone find a source that he predicted her.
Sal never said anything about Rosalina.

This gives us hope that we can get another Rosalina, a character not mentioned by Sal's tipper.
Then we can get K. Rool and Ridley and junk.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Might be a bit off topic but I don't know where else to put it. Inspired by this picture which is hilarious, I decided to show my sister (who doesn't play video games) the confirmed characters and asked her to identify them.

Here it is.
Mario - "Mario"
Luigi - "Luigi"
Peach - "Peach"
Bowser - "Bowser"'
Rosalina - "Peach" (lol)
Yoshi - "Yoshi"
Donkey Kong - "Donkey Kong"
Diddy Kong - "Baby Donkey Kong"
Link - "Link"
Zelda - "*****"
Sheik - "Ninja"
Toon Link - "Link"
Pikachu - "Pikachu"
Charizard - "Charizard" (she forgot his name at first, but she knew him. Had to tell her myself because she was deep in thought trying to remember lol)
Lucario - "Weird"
Greninja - "What the **** is that"
Kirby - "Jigglypuff" (LOST IT AT THIS ONE)
King DeDeDe - "Cute"
Samus - "Iron Man"
Zero Suit Samus - "Barbie"
Marth - "Hot"
Ike - "Oooo looks like Zayn Malik"
Olimar - "Big nose"
Fox - "Fox" (I asked and she said she didn't know him. Goes without saying.)
Mii - "You" (referring to me. Probably referring to my Mii.)
Wii Fit Trainer - "Me!" (Herself)
Villager - "You again" ( Probably referring to my own player in Animal Crossing. She plays the series.)
Little Mac - "John Cena" (LOST IT)
Pit - "...Gay?"
Palutena - "Queen"
Mega Man - "Our brother!"
Sonic - "Sonic"
Pac Man - "Pac Man"

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well... most people think Lucas have been removed cause Sal leaks said that Nintendo had to choose who was staying... Ness or Lucas, and Ness is a classic so... bye Lucas :drifloon:, also.... i don't think Falco will get cut, if someone from Starfox get removed... it will be Wolf (I hope both stays) :drshrug:.

We know Ice Climbers aren't going anywhere, why? well... we know that they were working of them, and even if they said that they were having problems with the IC, we still got Rosalina that is more complex than IC so we could say that whatever the problem was with them, is fixed :dr^_^:....

I hope you're right... :drohmy:
Can you give me a link to the sal leak saying that Please.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I wonder how people outside SmashBoards would react if the Sal characters along with Rosaline were our final newcomer list.
It won't be pretty, I can tell you that much.

If we get someone like Mewtwo along the way then I think it should be okay.
But we'll probably hear a lot of Chorus Men hate, sadly.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the leak NEVER said that the list consisted of ALL the newcomers. We still haven't seen hide nor hair of K. Rool and Ridley. And if Rosalina can escape notice, others can as well.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I wonder why he didn't leak Rosalina.
Also, if there are truly more newcomers other than the ones listed, why didn't he leak them as well?
That, too me, is the most suspicious part of the leak. However, if Chorus Men are truly revealed, then I'll believe it 100%.

Also, I know that it is too early for this, but I thought I'd share a way too early tier list from E3:
Top Tier
- Kirby
- Pit

High Tier
- Villager
- Zero Suit Samus
- Mario
- Wii Fit Trainer

Mid Tier
- Pikachu
- Sonic
- Fox
- Marth
- Greninja

Low Tier
- Bowser
- Zelda

Bottom Tier
- Little Mac (for FFA, TERRIBLE). Might be god-like on FD
- Bowser (DJN’s opinion)

???
- Olimar
- Rosalina
- Donkey Kong
- Link
I personally find it funny that people actually think Fox and Marth would be that low. Sadly, I know this will probably never happen.
Go Villager!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I wonder why he didn't leak Rosalina.
Also, if there are truly more newcomers other than the ones listed, why didn't he leak them as well?
That, too me, is the most suspicious part of the leak. However, if Chorus Men are truly revealed, then I'll believe it 100%.

Also, I know that it is too early for this, but I thought I'd share a way too early tier list from E3:
Top Tier
- Kirby
- Pit

High Tier
- Villager
- Zero Suit Samus
- Mario
- Wii Fit Trainer

Mid Tier
- Pikachu
- Sonic
- Fox
- Marth
- Greninja

Low Tier
- Bowser
- Zelda

Bottom Tier
- Little Mac (for FFA, TERRIBLE). Might be god-like on FD
- Bowser (DJN’s opinion)

???
- Olimar
- Rosalina
- Donkey Kong
- Link
I personally find it funny that people actually think Fox and Marth would be that low. Sadly, I know this will probably never happen.
Go Villager!
Ahahaha what
Normally I don't mind tier lists (in other words, I ignore them and play Ganondorf anyway) but making a tier list this early is just dumb.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the sources from the demo prove to be on the money, Rosalina could be ranked pretty high up in the tiers. Of course, much like with Olimar, the main challenge with Rosalina will be to utilize the Luma effectively, but if used just right, she may prove to be a very formidable combatant.

I'm guessing the reason for why Rosalina never made it to the Invitational finals probably had to do with the player not using the Luma right.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
If the sources from the demo prove to be on the money, Rosalina could be ranked pretty high up in the tiers. Of course, much like with Olimar, the main challenge with Rosalina will be to utilize the Luma effectively, but if used just right, she may prove to be a very formidable combatant.

I'm guessing the reason for why Rosalina never made it to the Invitational finals probably had to do with the player not using the Luma right.
I think like u said Rosalina is one of them fighters that is going to take a long time to get use to.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I'm pretty sure the leak NEVER said that the list consisted of ALL the newcomers. We still haven't seen hide nor hair of K. Rool and Ridley. And if Rosalina can escape notice, others can as well.
People think the leak is all there is because:

Sal leak + confirmed characters + Brawl vets - Snake/Squirtle/Ivysaur = 47 characters

As it happens, 48 spots fit perfectly on the character select screen, with the last one being the Random button, not to mention it's approximately the number many people were expecting. Below is an example I whipped up; forgive the ugliness.

All in all, it's certainly possible we get more characters, but right now it's all just too perfectly lined up for some people (even if their favorite characters didn't get in).

As for Lucas being gone, that's actually part of the latest leak. Right before E3, the Sal leak got another addition, which:
- reiterated Chrom, Shulk, Choir Boys (or whatever they're called), Pac-Man, Palutena, and Miis
- unlike the original Mii leak, specifically called them "Mii Fighter"
- claimed the development team was going back and forth on dropping either Ness or Lucas
- claimed DLC is coming

Frankly, if a fourth character gets dropped with Snake and the Pokemon, Lucas makes the most sense. He's the one and only character on the whole roster whose game is still exclusive to a single region, Ness has been in every Smash game and recently had his game rereleased on Wii U, and Star Fox is waaay more important to Nintendo than Mother in both popularity and number of games so it's more likely Falco and Wolf stay than an extra Mother rep. There's also the fact that Mother is the one and only Nintendo franchise that is currently DEAD, as in the creator himself said 1-3 were it.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
- Bowser (DJN’s opinion)
Really curious on this. Where did he say that? Everyone I know who tried him out are saying he's pretty damn good, but they're not Bowser players.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
The onlu thing thats preventing me from believing the Gematsu leak is true is the lack of chorus kids. That is the dealbreaker for me. Mii,Palutena and Pacman were all easy to predict, at least for the leak before the direct.

Chrom and Shulk are easy to predict as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom