• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Come on. It's either this or never see him playable. Why be all high and mighty when we know this is BEST CASE for him? It's easy fan service.

I believe sal has leaked every character, it's coming down to which veterans aren't returning, and DLC speculation at this point.

Brawl cast -Squirtle - Ivysaur for sure

Lucas and Snake are both questionable

+ Megaman, Pac Man, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Little Mac, Villager, Palutena, Miis, Chrom, Chorus Kids, and Shulk

This leaves us with 49 characters, assuming Snake AND Lucas come back. Now, it sounds like Lucas is cut, so that leaves us with 48. The final piece to the puzzle is Snake. Is he in? Or no?

We pretty much have the roster now guys.

DLC is what I'm aiming to speculate about at this point.
I suppose we pretty much have the roster, but I would assert that it is possible that our roster is at least 50 characters. So we might have 2-3 additional newcomers after that. It is not really possible to speculate DLC until we know the final roster.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'm fully convinced that the leak is real now. That Rhythm Heaven enemy is proof. However, the possibility for more newcomers is still present. I thank Rosalina for that, and the DLC that may give us the characters we've always wanted.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If DLC is happening (which is likely considering how many things Sal's leak got right), the cut veterans gain another chance.

Take the Lucas case. If they're decided on whether to keep Ness or Lucas, the other one could perfectly be finished post-release and become a downloadable character.
Since they where apparently debating whether or not to cut Lucas or Ness but are apparently planning DLC, I wonder if they actually wanted to cut one or the other so they can be the first to be brought back through DLC or something? Unless I got the Sal info totally wrong....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Since they where apparently debating whether or not to cut Lucas or Ness but are apparently planning DLC, I wonder if they actually wanted to cut one or the other so they can be the first to be brought back through DLC or something? Unless I got the Sal info totally wrong....
According to Sal, they are planning on doing character DLC and deciding between Ness or Lucas.

The other one could become a DLC character if you think about it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
According to Sal, they are planning on doing character DLC and deciding between Ness or Lucas.

The other one could become a DLC character if you think about it.
If that's the case then I don't think it would be totally unreasonable to think that they probably want to use one of the two as DLC material right? And thus trying to decide who of the two to choose?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Feeling like they'd use Lucas to gauge interest in Mother 3...

Seriously, if they had one as DLC, I'd have Lucas, not because I have to pick one but because you'd gauge interest of what people want.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I suppose we pretty much have the roster, but I would assert that it is possible that our roster is at least 50 characters. So we might have 2-3 additional newcomers after that. It is not really possible to speculate DLC until we know the final roster.
I think when Sal's source reiterated the newcomers in the leak he was just confirming those are all the newcomers.

Snake, Lucas, Mewtwo, Sceptile, ****Roy Dixie, K Rool all seem to be good choices for newcomers. Tingle is an AT now so I guess he's out.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Whats up with 2 Lucarios?
My brain farted I guess. One of them was supposed to be Greninja. Probably the last one.

Anyway I think this is important.

Do you think this would be our roster? I could see adding maybe 4 more characters if you squeeze them in on the right I guess.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I'm slightly disappointed that Link's FS is the same. I wish it was something like jousting with Epona, or Bombos/quake/ether from LTTP. It's just kinda boring, in my humble opinion. Other than that though, I like the way things are looking for Link. Glad to see he's been hittin' up the protein powder.

However, I will be legit forlorn if Loon Tink still has T-Force slash.

Uhh...other thoughts...I'm pretty "take it or leave it" when it comes to Pit2. I don't really care what he ends up being. Alt, assist, don't care.

Honestly, the remaining unconfirmed veterans will get me way more hyped than any of the remaining Sal characters. Or other potential newcomers for that matter.

There's some random thoughts for ya. Feel free to hate them, ignore them, etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Presumption. The other presumption was that he was saying we would see them all at E3, but that's CLEARLY not true.

D

Deleted member

My brain farted I guess. One of them was supposed to be Greninja. Probably the last one.

Do you think this would be our roster? I could see adding maybe 4 more characters if you squeeze them in on the right I guess.
Lucas, IC's, and Mewtwo coming back seems more likely than Waddle Dee IMO. Also, I don't see Olimar on here. Did you forget to add him?

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Lucas, IC's, and Mewtwo coming back seems more likely than Waddle Dee IMO. Also, I don't see Olimar on here. Did you forget to add him?
Damn, I swore I wrote him in there. Anyway, the characters really don't matter anyway. It is the number of slots.

How many slots could you fit on screen without the portrait becoming crazy small? I'm thinking 51 + 1 Random slot at the most.

@ NintenRob NintenRob made this. I think this is the most likely roster, but that is just me.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Looks likely, though to be honest i'm not sure about Bandana Dee, and since i still think Mewtwo is likely, i'll personally take out BD and move every character in that row one space to the left, and have villager in the last spot, and Mewtwo in the one where Villager was. Also i'll say ICs are probably more likely than Lucas at this point.
Edit: Wait Olimar is not there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, 51 characters AT MOST seems reasonable. I expect no more than 49 myself, but 51 is certainly possible.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Damn, I swore I wrote him in there. Anyway, the characters really don't matter anyway. It is the number of slots.

How many slots could you fit on screen without the portrait becoming crazy small? I'm thinking 51 + 1 Random slot at the most.

@ NintenRob NintenRob made this. I think this is the most likely roster, but that is just me.

I personally would switch Takamaru for Mewtwo, but otherwise I agree with this. (I wouldn't mind Takamaru anyway)
EDIT: as the post below points out, Olimar is there and I'm also not as enthusiastic about Waddle Dee as some people, so I would change those around too.
damn that was dumb olimar is there. derp disregard me

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Looks likely, though to be honest i'm not sure about Bandana Dee, and since i still think Mewtwo is likely, i'll personally take out BD and move every character in that row one space to the left, and have villager in the last spot, and Mewtwo in the one where Villager was. Also i'll say ICs are probably more likely than Lucas at this point.
Edit: Wait Olimar is not there.
Yeah sorry, I was in a rush and I don't know how it is possible he is not there. I swore I put him there.

If you look at my latest post you can see what I was trying to say.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Unless Mewtwo gets in over Jiggs, he isn't very likely as the demo roster suggests all Rpg characters will be on the one row. And Bandana Dee could be another casual like character to go next to chorus men and Villager like Chibi Robo, I decided to go with Bandana dee since no series would have 4 reps.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I think there will be a DLC slot available in the CSS.

Also my new prediction roster:

Sable could be the second retro or Mewtwo. :p

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Unless Mewtwo gets in over Jiggs, he isn't very likely as the demo roster suggests all Rpg characters will be on the one row. And Bandana Dee could be another casual like character to go next to chorus men and Villager like Chibi Robo, I decided to go with Bandana dee since no series would have 4 reps.
Ok yeah, you have a point there. also i'm dumb I was looking at the wrong post when talking about olimar hurrdurr

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Anyway I removed the names to remove the confusion on my part. But I think this is how the CSS will be layouted, with 51 characters and a random in the bottom right.

And if the "DLC" button is true, which would be in the bottom left. We would get 50 characters.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'd say that 51 characters makes a lot of sense if you believe the leak.

All Veterans minus Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and Lucas + Confirmed newcomers + Sal Leak + Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Takamaru.

Mewtwo was mentioned to be (thought about), Ridley's been teased, King K. Rool has many of his Kremlings in Smash Run, and Sakurai's basically confirmed a retro.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I still think Bandana Dee has a good chance to make it in since 4 of them are in Kirby Rainbow Curse.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
- Ganondorf and Wario confirmed:happysheep:
- Mother 3 confirmed :happysheep:
That's probably grasping at straws.

I still think Bandana Dee has a good chance to make it in since 4 of them are in Kirby Rainbow Curse.
Rainbow Curse will probably not affect Dee's chances unless it has been in development since 2011-2012.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
That's probably grasping at straws.

Rainbow Curse will probably not affect Dee's chances unless it has been in development since 2011-2012.
That isn't really grasping at straws because both of them are very likely to be in. Also Mother 3 isn't that bad because when the fan said "Where is Star Fox?!?!" it actually came true and a Star Fox Wii U is confirmed. So maybe Mother 3 is the secret 3DS game?

Also I said this in another thread, but it could mean that they are giving him more roles BECAUE of his inclusion in Smash Bros.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
That isn't really grasping at straws because both of them are very likely to be in. Also Mother 3 isn't that bad because when the fan said "Where is Star Fox?!?!" it actually came true and a Star Fox Wii U is confirmed. So maybe Mother 3 is the secret 3DS game?
Star Fox U was confirmed before that animation ran.
Unless you're talking about a more "official" confirmation that I missed.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Star Fox U was confirmed before that animation ran.
Unless you're talking about a more "official" confirmation that I missed.
I don't think Robot Chicken could have changed their voiceacting and mouth models on the fly like that. It wasn't because of the leak.

Last edited:

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
I don't think Robot Chicken could have changed their voiceacting and mouth models on the fly like that. It wasn't because of the leak.
First of all, it wasn't a leak; it was something posted by Miyamoto.
Second of all, that's not really what I was saying. I guess I don't exactly know what you were saying.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Second of all, that's not really what I was saying. I guess I don't exactly know what you were saying.
It had not been officially revealed at that point. It was leaked by Time beforehand, but it hadn't been officially revealed to the public yet.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yes, it was a leak. They did an interview before with Time, and some idiot released it before the news was supposed to come out.

What I'm saying is that since the fan yelled about Star Fox, and that came true. I wonder if since the fan yelled about Mother 3, it will come true as well was the secret 3DS game tonight.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yes, it was a leak. They did an interview before with Time, and some idiot released it before the news was supposed to come out.

What I'm saying is that since the fan yelled about Star Fox, and that came true. I wonder if since the fan yelled about Mother 3, it will come true as well was the secret 3DS game tonight.
Apparently, this is a new IP. So no Mother, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I don't think anyone could re-create the sheer joy I had in hearing of a new Star Fox. I just hope to Arceus that the characters are the crew from Assault.

Oh, character discussion... Right. Soooooo, DLC characters. Star Fox in development. LET'S MAKE KRYSTAL HAPPEN, ( if she's not already in.) oh, and other DLC characters too!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Also I said this in another thread, but it could mean that they are giving him more roles BECAUE of his inclusion in Smash Bros.
You didn't get the point, Wario and Ganondorf being there in the direct does nothing to their very likely chances of getting in Smash 4, Wario and Ganondorf didn't appear in Smash 4 footage thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom