• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I'm slightly disappointed that Link's FS is the same. I wish it was something like jousting with Epona, or Bombos/quake/ether from LTTP. It's just kinda boring, in my humble opinion. Other than that though, I like the way things are looking for Link. Glad to see he's been hittin' up the protein powder.
I really wish he got a Final Smash like Mega Man's.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of that new Star Fox.....isn't Krystal not in it, or am I mistaken?
IIRC, Peppy is a pilot and it appears to be right after 64 based on the info about it.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of that new Star Fox.....isn't Krystal not in it, or am I mistaken?
IIRC, Peppy is a pilot and it appears to be right after 64 based on the info about it.
At the moment there is no idea who will be in it or what the game will be like. The assets from 64 3D are likely placeholders for the reveal as Miyamoto hasn't said much other than "Oh yeah, a new game is coming."

They haven't gotten story or character designs down yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, when can we start deconfirming everyone not on the Sal leak?

Because it's becoming increasingly obvious that this is the roster we're getting.

D

Deleted member

We hardly know ANYTHING about this StarFox game, but it does help Krystal in Smash
Again, we don't know that. It depends on if she makes an appearance or not. Don't jump the gun

PsychoVillager

Smash Rookie
Hadn't read all the pages, but I think I had not read this new character option yet:

We have Charizard, the iconic fire pokemon from 1st generation.
We have Greninja, so far the most "adaptable" pokemon from last generation.

What are we missing? Grass type. What is promoting Nintendo now? Hoenn remake.

I really think Sceptile is going to be inside.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Hadn't read all the pages, but I think I had not read this new character option yet:

Eh, I kinda doubt that, but it's possible, it would make sense to have that triangular theory in Smash.

Also, Welcome to Smashboards

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs

It's been talked about quite a bit, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to believe it'll happen.

D

Deleted member

Skip to 24:27: Magnus is revealed as Assist Trophy

edit

Geez, I'm gettin too old for this.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Come on. It's either this or never see him playable. Why be all high and mighty when we know this is BEST CASE for him? It's easy fan service.
Huh? I'm very confused why other characters having the same voice clips affects his chances. I'm not acting high and mighty, I personally don't want to hear the same sounds that were in Brawl. It's a new game, I honestly expect new sounds but I'm not going to cry if some characters retain the same sounds that they used in Brawl.

I personally don't see Sceptile too likely, but it is possible.
Welcome to the Boards!

D

Deleted member

Well how about that! Sonic no longer has "You're too slow!" as his taunt anymore, its now "Sonic Speed!"

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
We hardly know ANYTHING about this StarFox game, but it does help Krystal in Smash
STOP. DON'T EVEN GO FORTH WITH THAT IDEA.

@GoldenYuiitusin We don't know if she's in or not. The game is extremely early on and all of the 64 aspects are only placeholders while the gameplay is developed. That son of a gun Miyamoto will start the rest of the development after the gameplay is to his liking.

If it's what we see, and if Krystal's not there, I'll a find a lovely corner. A corner that has no design, and sharp edges, and sit there for a few weeks, maybe months. I will sit there and shed 3 and a half manly tears. After those are shed, I will then stand up, sing the Bioshock Infinite Version of, "God Only Knows," and then proceed back to College because I'll probably be failing after the time it takes me to do all of this.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I updated my roster.
55 Character Roster.png

I updated Mii, Palutena and PAC-Man's icons. Allf of the Brawl veterans return except for Pokemon Trainer.

Newcomers

K Rool- The hint from the Kremlings in Smash run.
Ridley- I am still holding that he will be in.
Mewtwo- Obvious because he is the most requested character.
Chrom, Mashall and Shulk- The leak, with the eight newcomer and Sakurai mentioned a slot was saved for a 'Pokemon from X and Y'
Takamaru, Lip and Captain Rainbow- Obseuce/Retro characters

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Are the other alts available? Wire Frame Mac, Male WFT, Female Villager?
Well... the female villager was avaible, don't know about Mac and WFT :drshrug:

I updated my roster.
View attachment 16005

I updated Mii, Palutena and PAC-Man's icons. Allf of the Brawl veterans return except for Pokemon Trainer.

Newcomers

K Rool- The hint from the Kremlings in Smash run.
Ridley- I am still holding that he will be in.
Mewtwo- Obvious because he is the most requested character.
Chrom, Mashall and Shulk- The leak, with the eight newcomer and Sakurai mentioned a slot was saved for a 'Pokemon from X and Y'
Takamaru, Lip and Captain Rainbow- Obseuce/Retro characters
Isn't Lip already de-confirmed with the inclusion of her wand as an item? :drohmy:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So which new or returning ATs have been confirmed today (past Shadow, Tingle, and Magnus)?

The only one I saw in the demo that I didn't know of before was Lakitu.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not sure if shown before, but the Metroid is coming back.

Upset that Ashley didn't show up...
I mostly meant ones that hadn't been revealed before, but it's odd that there haven't been more confirmations of ATs today, I suppose a good deal of them weren't included in the demo kit.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So regarding the Dark Pit discussion, if he were to become a character, not only would he be a stupid choice but then kid Icarus will have 3 characters for three games in the series, which would mean it would become the most overreped franchise of all, which would be a huge shame when metroid and dk only have two, and mother has the possibility of Lucas being cut.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
So regarding the Dark Pit discussion, if he were to become a character, not only would he be a stupid choice but then kid Icarus will have 3 characters for three games in the series, which would mean it would become the most overreped franchise of all, which would be a huge shame when metroid and dk only have two, and mother has the possibility of Lucas being cut.
I totally agree but... i also agree with these:

Personally, I'd love to see Dark Pit playable, probably because I love his personality.
:drohyou:

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Yes, it was a leak. They did an interview before with Time, and some idiot released it before the news was supposed to come out.
Ah, that's what I get for trusting my friend's reading comprehension...

Anyway, are there clips anywhere of specifically the SSB4 matches that were played today, or will I have to dig through today's Treehouse stuff? Assuming that's even up.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Ah, that's what I get for trusting my friend's reading comprehension...

Anyway, are there clips anywhere of specifically the SSB4 matches that were played today, or will I have to dig through today's Treehouse stuff? Assuming that's even up.
There was a match that was played by Sakurai as Pac-Man on the nintendo youtube page.

And Nintendoeverything posted some videos of the Treehouse playing Smash Bros.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Wait people figured out the roster is 51 characters from the demo?
Depends on how you shrink and arrange the spaces on the character select screen. I'm leaning toward 47 characters and one random spot myself (warning, suuuuper badly edited picture below), as it doesn't require making the boxes thinner proportionately and perfectly lines up with the Gematsu/Romano leak (assuming Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur don't make it).

47.png

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Depends on how you shrink and arrange the spaces on the character select screen. I'm leaning toward 47 characters and one random spot myself (warning, suuuuper badly edited picture below), as it doesn't require making the boxes thinner proportionately and perfectly lines up with the Gematsu/Romano leak (assuming Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur don't make it).

View attachment 16034

Brawl's version stretched and shifted the portraits so they shrink in size. It is possible to have 52 slots on the screen, so it is possible for 51 characters, 50 if there is a DLC button.

domokl

Smash Lord

Brawl's version stretched and shifted the portraits so they shrink in size. It is possible to have 52 slots on the screen, so it is possible for 51 characters, 50 if there is a DLC button.
So sal leak plus k rool ridley and mewtwo and a random newcomer. Now we just need to discuss who this last newcomer is. I say either isaac mach rider takamaru bandana dee etc could all be good options

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So sal leak plus k rool ridley and mewtwo and a random newcomer. Now we just need to discuss who this last newcomer is. I say either isaac mach rider takamaru bandana dee etc could all be good options
I'm totally banking on Bandana Dee because of his prominence in the new Kirby game.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Interesting. Looks like my argument over in the Gematsu Leak topic was right. We WILL be getting more characters than what's in the Gematsu Leak. Looks like the game's still on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom