• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
I just want Snake, that's enough for 3rd parties.

Pac-Man is just sad to look at anymore, being in Smash 4 would concrete him as the Joan Rivers of the game industry.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just want Snake, that's enough for 3rd parties.

Pac-Man is just sad to look at anymore, being in Smash 4 would concrete him as the Joan Rivers of the game industry.
I might actually be the only person that does not want any third-party characters at all. I would be completely and utterly fine if we did not get another one; this includes Snake (Big Boss), one of my favorite video-game characters of all time.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
You could always just send me a PM; or I can just remember your name and imagine you rubbing it in my face. Whichever works better for you.
Nah, I prefer to be friendly with everyone, in fact. XD... Because, who knows? can be you rubbing in my face the lack of Pac-Man tomorrow. =P (I hope not, lol)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

No.

Honestly, though, I cannot see Layton getting in and Pac-Man not. That would just make no sense.
I can imagine it only if pacman is also in, but not as playable but as a summon.

(that's just me hoping btw it only has a verrry slim chance of actually happening)

You and I both know that's not actually the case, though. Layton has to jump through all the same hoops that any other Third Party has to.
yeah, but the hoops are really big it's more like walking down a hallway than jumping through hoops

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Nah, I prefer to be friendly with everyone, in fact. XD... Because, who knows? can be you rubbing in my face the lack of Pac-Man tomorrow. =P (I hope not, lol)
I am fairly pretentious; and I did rub Toon Link, Phantom as a move-set element and solo-Charizard (which did not actually work because people were excited by the prospect). However, I would never do that if I was not antagonized for my beliefs. The Pac-Man supporters have been nothing short of respectful. I will certainly be glad once he is revealed, not for me (of course), but for his fans and his supporters. I will tip my (Sharknado) hat to you if and when the Pacster is confirmed.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You know in a way, they should kind of cap it at three third-party characters, mainly because that way you are forced to have at least one Nintendo character in the battle. (As long as no two people pick the same character of course.)

So even though I want various ones, I'll root for Snake. Because cuts suck, I know what it feels like to have a character you love get cut.

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
I can imagine it only if pacman is also in, but not as playable but as a summon.

(that's just me hoping btw it only has a verrry slim chance of actually happening)
It's quite possible, Sakurai only said Namco wouldn't get special treatment for playable characters, Assists could be a different story.

I might actually be the only person that does not want any third-party characters at all. I would be completely and utterly fine if we did not get another one; this includes Snake (Big Boss), one of my favorite video-game characters of all time.
I, to an extent, feel that way too. I could live without Snake, but now I can't help but feel like he's owed to me with Sanic and Astro Boy.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know in a way, they should kind of cap it at three third-party characters, mainly because that way you are forced to have at least one Nintendo character in the battle. (As long as no two people pick the same character of course.)
I never thought about that; I am purposely going to have a Mega Man, Sonic, Snake, and Pac-Man free-for-all (once I unlock them) just to spite Nintendo!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'd rather not, cause some third parties are more recognized Nintendo icons than some on the roster. like Megaman, for example.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

yeah, but the hoops are really big it's more like walking down a hallway than jumping through hoops
It's never that easy for any non-1st party
It's quite possible, Sakurai only said Namco wouldn't get special treatment for playable characters, Assists could be a different story.
Why the heck would they go through all the paper work to get allow Nintendo the rights of pac-man, just to have him poorly represented as an assist?

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I am fairly pretentious; and I did rub Toon Link, Phantom as a move-set element and solo-Charizard (which did not actually work because people were excited by the prospect). However, I would never do that if I was not antagonized for my beliefs. The Pac-Man supporters have been nothing short of respectful. I will certainly be glad once he is revealed, not for me (of course), but for his fans and his supporters. I will tip my (Sharknado) hat to you if and when the Pacster is confirmed.
<3

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I really like this perspective sir. respect above all the things.. ^^ you maybe don't respect the character (I guess?) how he deserves, but respecting us, supporters, is already a big thing. ^^

So... about this thing of "rubbing the facts on people's face",.. you can give me you NNID, and we can go ONline.. me with Pac-Man, and all. =P

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Why the heck would they go through all the paper work to get allow Nintendo the rights of pac-man, just to have him poorly represented as an assist?
Maybe that was good as they could get, Namco would push for Pac you know. And POORLY represented? being an assist is the proper way to use him.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Maybe that was good as they could get, Namco would push for Pac you know. And POORLY represented? being an assist is the proper way to use him.
Yeah! Being an assist trophy and solidifying Pac-Man as an arcade one-shot wonder whose recent games aren't worthy of representation even when Namco is advertising them to high heaven is definitely the proper way to use him!

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yeah! Being an assist trophy and solidifying Pac-Man as an arcade one-shot wonder whose recent games aren't worthy of representation even when Namco is advertising them to high heaven is definitely the proper way to use him!
I agree 100%

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'm aware of what Sakurai said, and it might be hard to negotiate with them at times, but clearly it's no trouble to get characters like Pikachu or Jiggs in there, it really depends on who in that series we're talking about.
True, I was referring to Layton. In this case, it would be much harder to add him than a recurring icon such as Pikachu.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
You may have me there, but showing him in his arcade incarnation would only degrade pac-man to the status of a forgotten one-shot wonder/hasbin from the golden age.
Well he doesn't have to be his arcade version, his modern look would work better anyway.

That's uhh... kinda what I had in mind, yeah.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You may have me there, but showing him in his arcade incarnation would only degrade pac-man to the status of a forgotten one-shot wonder/hasbin from the golden age.
in all honesty, isn't pacman that already to the general public?

There was this new 4 player classic pacman thing at my local arcade, and it was really fun!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Having a mascot with a legendary status in Smash Bros as an assist trophy because the vocal minority doesn't respect him for whatever reason seems awfully silly to me.

I really don't get the logic...either he's playable, or bust. Otherwise it's an insult to his legacy. =/

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Having a mascot with a legendary status in Smash Bros as an assist trophy because the vocal minority doesn't respect him for whatever reason seems awfully silly to me.

I really don't get the logic...either he's playable, or bust. Otherwise it's an insult to his legacy. =/
The detractors will find any excuse...but whatever. The trailer will enlighten all non-pac-believers

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

His inclusion in Smash is an insult to his legacy if he does not have the "honor" of being playable? That logic is certainly fallacious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom