• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
on this page
Ah, yes, I did not read half of the page for some reason; in any event, that move-set would be fine. I suppose it would be reasonable to presume that it is an amalgamation of all Pac-Man incarnations, correct? It is not a bad move-set, it also gave me some great visualization thanks to the images embedded on the page. As per the uniqueness category, I was not seeing much aside from his u-tilt (if I recall, the cherry bomb). I suppose his bounce would be interesting if Smash 4 took the Project M route and changed Sheik's d-air back and altered ZSS's and Sonic's d-air. Other than that, it is still better than Sonic's move-set. I can only hope that Sakurai does something on par with this. But I am not going to lie, I am not on Team Pac-Man. I would not be entirely disappointed if he was in though. He is the only Sal Romano specific character that I actually believe will make it in (I do not feel as though Chorus Men or Mii are in the game).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just bury your anger and release it in a barrage of mockery when their shoe-in character is revealed tomorrow as just an Assist trophy or stage hazard.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I expect the opposite of what the majority are predicting for tomorrow. The only hype character we'll get is Pac-Man, the other newcomers will be surprising as hell.
It's very possible we'll see something the majority didn't expect. After all, Robin looks like a real possibility right now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Robin got in over Chrom I'd be psyched, but I still don't think that's gonna happen.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If Robin got in over Chrom I'd be psyched, but I still don't think that's gonna happen.
Robin may be less likely than Chrom, yes. But I think there is a very real possibility that Robin could be our Fire Emblem newcomer. I don't think he/she should be counted out.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'd like to go back real quick about Chrom's VA. I really doubt they would switch him up, especially since he says quite a bit of stuff in his game, and his voice actor is getting quite popular. Mercer voices Levi in Attack on Titan, which won so many awards last year in the anime department. Now the VA switch of a guy like Fox I could understand, since he hasn't spoken in a game since Brawl, but Chrom has. A VA switch for him doesn't make sense to me.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My Mewtwo trailer goes like this.

It starts with Samus walking up a path. Everything is silent except for the sound of Samus's steps. She arrives at a glass pillar: the one from the Super Metroid title screen. The glass is fogged so she wipes it off. Suddenly eyes glow from inside. The room starts to shake and the glass begins to crack. Then the pillar shatters, as a familiar Pokemon stands at the rubble. He cries his mighty cry and reaches forward like we all know he does.

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

Mewtwo glares at Samus as this music starts to play.

The camera angles at Samus when suddenly a shadow can be made out behind her. He jumps forward to reveal himself. It's Lucario! Every Pokemon fan ever stares at the screen, their mouths agape.

Mewtwo and Lucario lunge at each other and Mewtwo gameplay follows.

Morbi

Scavenger
uh....

umm, whatever floats your boat.
I was going to post something to a similar effect, but then I remembered that it was BluePikmin. :awesome:

Out of all the fire emblem newcomers, I hope it's one of them. (Just add Roy and it's perfect to me.)
I suppose Roy is fine; I only suspect that he would be available in the event that we needed last minute clones. Just like in Melee and just like in Brawl. But as the Chrom supporters say, "anything can change!"

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Honestly pretty much all characters (except Pac and Dr. Kawashima) will hype me for smash 4, with a few specifics for over-the-top hype that will see no boundaries.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I expect the opposite of what the majority are predicting for tomorrow. The only hype character we'll get is Pac-Man, the other newcomers will be surprising as hell.
Hype character for us, but not universally hyped around this site. I think we'll still get at least mewtwo for our hype character. Pac-man is still beloved nonetheless, just not around these parts

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I think a lot of people (me included) share this feeling too. I don't really hate Chrom, I just believe that out of the two, there is much more potential to pull from with Robin.
I just want mah Caeda though...

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
There you go, our hype character can be Mewtwo and Pac-Man, not too shabby, then we get the surprises. :troll:
We are not getting Kawashima.
Or Sable. Or Mr. Hanafuda, or Mr. Saturn, or Goku, or whatever.

We are getting what the fans WANT this time. This roster hasn't been playing it safe at all so far, but if there's any time to reveal the newcomers that we want, that we expect, and that will hype us up to infinity, it's E3.

E3 isn't the time to experiment with a character nobody's ever heard of. Wii Fit Trainer's an exception, since basically everyone has either seen or played Wii Fit. Villager and Mega Man were both pretty popular choices, from series that people really love and have been wanting to see in Smash for a long time.

Now I'm not saying we won't get any more surprises, Chorus Men would be quite the surprise to most, but this E3 isn't really the time to screw around. I can see a surprise, maybe two, but Nintendo will almost certainly give us a major helping of the best that they can offer before dumping more unexpected crap on us.

Listen, I love Sakurai's surprises as much, if not more than the next guy, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
We want Mewtwo, Palutena, K. Rool, Ridley, heck even Shulk and Waddle Dee are pretty darn popular.
Sakurai knows this, and will almost definitely give us a good chunk of these characters. If you think that he's just going to keep surprising us because "lolz troll and unique" then I hope and think that you are wrong.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

We are getting what the fans WANT this time. This roster hasn't been playing it safe at all so far, but if there's any time to reveal the newcomers that we want, that we expect, and that will hype us up to infinity, it's E3.

E3 isn't the time to experiment with a character nobody's ever heard of. Wii Fit Trainer's an exception, since basically everyone has either seen or played Wii Fit. Villager and Mega Man were both pretty popular choices, from series that people really love and have been wanting to see in Smash for a long time.

Now I'm not saying we won't get any more surprises, Chorus Men would be quite the surprise to most, but this E3 isn't really the time to screw around. I can see a surprise, maybe two, but Nintendo will almost certainly give us a major helping of the best that they can offer before dumping more unexpected crap on us.

Listen, I love Sakurai's surprises as much, if not more than the next guy, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
We want Mewtwo, Palutena, K. Rool, Ridley, heck even Shulk and Waddle Dee are pretty darn popular.
Sakurai knows this, and will almost definitely give us a good chunk of these characters. If you think that he's just going to keep surprising us because "lolz troll and unique" then I hope and think that you are wrong.
I just hope everyone can get at least SOMETHING they wanted in the end. But alas, a universally loved roster is an impossible ideal

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Waddle Dee was popular when Chandelure took over his support thread after the final roster was decided, just so you know.
I understand your case, I just think Sakurai will be unpredictable yet again with his choices at the Digital Event.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Waddle Dee was popular when Chandelure took over his support thread after the final roster was decided, just so you know.
I understand your case, I just think Sakurai will be unpredictable yet again with his choices at the Digital Event.
Waddle Dee is actually more popular than you'd think.

He's been up there in the Japanese polls for quite some time.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

That was beautiful :sadeyes:.

I'm hoping for Shulk and Palutena. I want them the most. Oh, and you left out Miis and Pac-Man. They're pretty dang popular despite what the general consensus here thinks.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oooooh boy. It's coming. Very soon. Oh yes.
Honestly I don't really have just 1 character I'd like to get in. King K Rool is my most wanted but Mewtwo and Ridley come close I suppose.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If I can bold what Louie said, he is right: there comes a time when you have to draw the line. Predicting characters has been completely unpredictable, and if we get something crazy and unexpected, I'm sure I'll love what Sakurai did to make the character fun. But out of the six newcomers we have, there are only two that were most-wanted, being Little Mac and Mega Man. The likes of Mewtwo, Palutena, a 3rd DK rep, Ridley, and Shulk are just around the corner. Would it surprise me if we get another surprise? No. But that won't be the whole premise. It's gotta deliver.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If we get another surprise I hope it's Professor Layton.

or phoenix wright, but I got UMvC for that now

Morbi

Scavenger
If I can bold what Louie said, he is right: there comes a time when you have to draw the line. Predicting characters has been completely unpredictable, and if we get something crazy and unexpected, I'm sure I'll love what Sakurai did to make the character fun. But out of the six newcomers we have, there are only two that were most-wanted, being Little Mac and Mega Man. The likes of Mewtwo, Palutena, a 3rd DK rep, Ridley, and Shulk are just around the corner. Would it surprise me if we get another surprise? No. But that won't be the whole premise. It's gotta deliver.
Little Mac was not even one of the most wanted characters in Japan, I am not sure if the Japanese fan-base was more ecstatic at a different choice that we already have, but I would assert that Villager is an ideal choice (even if I hate his move-set). It might not necessarily be a case of "drawing the line," as the characters we have are already well loved. They just were not the ones that we wanted. There has to be a balance. Anyone expecting the rest of the newcomers to be top choices is delusional as those are subjective and for the most part irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom