• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We'll have to see tomorrow if you get your "likely" predictions right.
I don't expect wholly unexpected characters at E3 if that's what vibe you're getting from me. I expect 1 to 2 of them at least with the other being hype-worthy newcomers.

Little Mac was not even one of the most wanted characters in Japan, I am not sure if the Japanese fan-base was more ecstatic at a different choice that we already have, but I would assert that Villager is an ideal choice (even if I hate his move-set). It might not necessarily be a case of "drawing the line," as the characters we have are already well loved. They just were not the ones that we wanted. There has to be a balance. Anyone expecting the rest of the newcomers to be top choices is delusional as those are subjective and for the most part irrelevant.
Mostly because boxing was a non-existent sport in Japan back in the NES days. It's pretty easy to understand why Mac wasn't the #1.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We'll have to see tomorrow if you get your "likely" predictions right.
I don't expect wholly unexpected characters at E3 if that's what vibe you're getting from me. I expect 1 to 2 of them at least with the other being hype-worthy newcomers.

Mostly because boxing was a non-existent sport in Japan back in the NES days. It's pretty easy to understand why Mac wasn't the #1.
What about surprising AND hype-worthy newcomers? We could get one of those, after all.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Little Mac was not even one of the most wanted characters in Japan, I am not sure if the Japanese fan-base was more ecstatic at a different choice that we already have, but I would assert that Villager is an ideal choice (even if I hate his move-set). It might not necessarily be a case of "drawing the line," as the characters we have are already well loved. They just were not the ones that we wanted. There has to be a balance. Anyone expecting the rest of the newcomers to be top choices is delusional as those are subjective and for the most part irrelevant.
I'm not saying the rest will be top choices. But why would we get something like Sable and Kawashima at E3 tomorrow? That would make zero sense.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm not saying the rest will be top choices. But why would we get something like Sable and Kawashima at E3 tomorrow? That would make zero sense.
I don't expect Sable at all mostly because his game is not a big Nintendo franchise like Brain Age, based on obscurity, I highly doubt we'll be seeing him until post release as an unlockable character.

What about surprising AND hype-worthy newcomers? We could get one of those, after all.
Wasn't that what I was just getting too? >.>
Unless you mean the "good" surprises like Chibi Robo and Robin?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wasn't that what I was just getting too? >.>
Unless you mean the "good" surprises like Chibi Robo and Robin?
I was referring to characters that a good portion of people don't (or at least, no longer) expect, but would still generate massive hype. These would (arguably) be characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo, all of whom are highly requested newcomers that, for one reason or another, are thought to be unlikely at this point by a large number of people.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was referring to characters that a good portion of people don't (or at least, no longer) expect, but would still generate massive hype. These would (arguably) be characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo, all of whom are highly requested newcomers that, for one reason or another, are thought to be unlikely at this point by a large number of people.
I am slightly confused, why is Mewtwo on that list? Sceptile or something? Is he the new Pokemon that is going to "replace" Mewtwo?

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm actually worried that we'll see Bayonetta tomorrow.

Something deep down inside me is making me worried.
I do not want Bayonetta.

I want to stick with my gut: Mewtwo, Pac-Man, and Shulk.
But as we draw ever close I can't help but feel pessimistic.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I'm excited about all of the tasty tears I'll get to drink tomorrow. I hope several "shoe-ins" get confirmed to be assist trophies.

I'm kidding....(kinda).

Seriously though, Mewtwo would be nice to see. Everything else can be a surprise.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Now you're just being sneaky. :p
Although Ridley (and maybe Mewtwo, but a lot of people expect him at E3) might be the "good" surprises we might get.

I do not want Bayonetta.

Let's just not bother even predicting the newcomers at all.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

I do not want Bayonetta.

Don't worry. We'll all be here together to weather the storm as a community.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"Luke, my boy, while I prefer exploration and solving puzzles, an invitation like this is too intriguing to pass up. I do have some fighting skills, so I'll see what I can do in this 'Smash Brothers' contest."

Wouldn't mind Layton as a third-party, just as long as he doesn't replace Snake.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I am slightly confused, why is Mewtwo on that list? Sceptile or something? Is he the new Pokemon that is going to "replace" Mewtwo?
I didn't necessarily want to put Mewtwo on the list, but if you look around, you'll find that a good number of people think Mewtwo is out of the question. Usually it's because of the idea that Pokemon can only have five slots, and that the last slot will go to Jigglypuff and that Greninja stole Mewtwo's spot. A smaller number of people think that Sceptile is more likely than Mewtwo (for whatever reason...), but it's definitely not as common as people who believe that slots will keep Mewtwo out.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It sucks that I have to be at school tomorrow. :mad:
To top it off I have to make up a final. Blegh.

All while trying to stay completely spoiler free.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
A true gentleman would never participate in a meaningless fight, especially against women and children.
I imagine Layton would fight as if they were having a battle of wits, not fist.

He's a third party right?
That's why. A'int nobody getting in the way of my pacman
THAT'S why?

why not both? you could want both!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't know, maybe Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, Pac-Man, Layton, and Slime could all coexist.

HA!
just subtract slime from the equation and that's the ideal third party roster.

(well mine would remove pacman but beggars cant be choosers)

Morbi

Scavenger
I hope with all of my heart, for the sake of my sanity, that Pac-Man is not in the game
- Sister

I agree with this sentiment to an extent. I would assert that I do not care, but I just envisioned him as a hype-killer. I cannot imagine becoming excited with Pac-Man as an e3 reveal. That is just me though, I just wanted to share that so that when he is confirmed you can rub it in my face.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'll skip work tomorrow.. (my boss is aware), but I really hope I won't lose my job. 8D
I like my money... you know.. for Smash4. 'u'

[...] I just wanted to share that so that when he is confirmed you can rub it in my face.
I'll remember this.. but I think that's against the rules of Smashboards... so. D=

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Everything you've already thought, isn't "unexpect" anymore... Wii Fit Trainer was unexpected,.. and an awesome addition. =) So,.. don't think (it's bad) just wait. =P

Morbi

Scavenger
I'll skip work tomorrow.. (my boss is aware), but I really hope I won't lose my job. 8D
I like my money... you know.. for Smash4. 'u'

I'll remember this.. but I think that's against the rules of Smashboards... so. D=
You could always just send me a PM; or I can just remember your name and imagine you rubbing it in my face. Whichever works better for you.

A certain Bear and Bird that was once again ignored by Microsoft comes to mind.

Seriously would be the most surprising yet exciting thing ever.
I am not going to lie, that would be the ONLY thing that would surprise me at e3. I have already prepared for almost every possibility, that; however, is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom