• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Do people seriously think the Sal leak is fake because Chrom's voice actor wasn't contacted as of April 2013???

Seriously? That doesn't make ANY sense.
Makes about as much sense as Gematsu Leakers ignoring all the holes in the leak, I'd imagine.

Though in all seriousness, I don't think anyone's seriously considering that unless they're a die hard anti-Gematsu Leaker.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Makes about as much sense as Gematsu Leakers ignoring all the holes in the leak, I'd imagine.

Though in all seriousness, I don't think anyone's seriously considering that unless they're a die hard anti-Gematsu Leaker.
What holes, exactly?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Oh. That looks more like a non-answer.

Everything after that is some funny ****.
Interesting.

Best things about the second Sal leak being fake (if it is, which I doubt, but still):

1) Chrom isn't playable. We can have a better FE rep.
2) More surprises.

Worst things about it:

1) Shulk's chances plummet.
2) No Chorus Kids. I was actually getting hyped for them.
I'll be alright with that.:troll:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Anyone who says they want the Chorus "kids" is a poser.

There. I said it.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

There. I said it.
I just want them by association to Rhythm Heaven.

I'm not picky with who he chooses, although I would much prefer others from the series.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

There. I said it.
-image removed-
Nothing wrong with wanting a character from a fantastic series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Here's my assessment of the Sal Leak:
In favor of it being true:
-Why hasn't it been deconfirmed yet? A simple chorus men trophy could have easily end all of the speculation.
-All the characters are promotable. There are functional sites for all of them to be directed to in a "Want to know more about ..."
-He got a few characters right I guess...
In favor of it being false:
-I don't buy the story of him "getting some email"
-Why would Sakurai make a trio character after stating he was having trouble with duo characters?
-He leaked Palutena. Someone already beat you to that. Seems like he needed filler.
-Why did he say "Pokémon from X/Y? Greninja was announced immediately after. Did he seriously not know, and was he shooting in the dark? Had mewtwo been announced instead I'm sure people would still be calling him correct.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In favor of it being true:
-Why hasn't it been deconfirmed yet? A simple chorus men trophy could have easily end all of the speculation.
-All the characters are promotable. There are functional sites for all of them to be directed to in a "Want to know more about ..."
-He got a few characters right I guess...
-Why would Sakurai make a trio character after stating he was having trouble with duo characters?
-He leaked Palutena. Someone already beat you to that. Seems like he needed filler.
-Why did he say "Pokémon from X/Y? Greninja was announced immediately after. Did he seriously not know, and was he shooting in the dark? Had mewtwo been announced instead I'm sure people would still be calling him correct.
Go to the Sal Romano leak thread and read my post in the OP. Everything will make more sense.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
1. He most certainly got an email. CAW Evolution, a very credible and respected GameFAQs member, clarified he talked to Sal's source. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66442330
2. http://smashboards.com/threads/chor...nks-to-sal-romano.352915/page-4#post-16668146
3. I don't understand why people still believe in those images: http://smashboards.com/threads/e3-2014-rumor-leak-discussion-thread.355241/page-109#post-16845886
4. Dunno. Mewtwo isn't exactly an X/Y Pokemon like Greninja is, though. He's a G1 Pokemon that got relevant again through the new gen.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
So... it's DLC, but no Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones or King Boo?
1- Diddy Kong is there :dr^_^:

2- Well is not that hard to understand why Bowser Jr. isn't there, i mean... we have already 7 mini Bowsers :drflip:

3- King Boo was replaced with a more recent character (Aka Plessie):drifloon:

4- Dry Bones was replaced by someone more unique (Aka Lakitu) :dr-_-:

Note: I'm not saying these's true but still there are good reasons why these character aren't in the game (YET)

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, to be fair, it's pretty hard NOT to re-use character icons in Mario games these days, they all look the same as they always do.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I thought that was already proven fake?

Almost all character have reused icons (ignoring the new characters) so that's not a reason to say these "leak" is false :drshrug:

No Dry Bowser despite the fact that he has his own level and would be easy to implement?
True, but remenber in the end we got Pink Golden Peach instead of Dry Bowser and many others veterans so who knows who Nintendo may add :dr-_-:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Can we please take this whole Chrom thing with a grain of salt? We'll probably find out in 24 hours what is up with the FE cast.

Anyway, my final roster before E3 starts! The only things I'm iffy on are K. Rool/Dixie and the Miis. Other than that, that's it!
LAST.png

How does it look?

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is my wishlist characters that I really want to see
Official Artwork on icons=Confirmed
Speia=Not Confirmed yet
White=Leak Characters
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.59.42 AM.png

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Please keep discussion about the validity of rumors and leaks elsewhere, especially those that aren't even about Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

There. I said it.
Isn't it awkward when a moderator likes the Chorus Kids? Stop with the potential flaming.

Anyway, the Chrom thing doesn't mean much. NDA + Sal Leak. That's all that's really needed.

And cease all Mario Kart 8 discussion, or warnings will be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom