• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If you are alluding to the Snake scenario; there are a couple of things that a person can do: One, they could always dodge/ignore the question and give a response that does not necessarily pertain to the question. Or two, they could comment on the notion that they are not allowed to speak in regards to the situation as they are obligated to remain silent and they cannot assert anything definitve one way or another.

Lying about something is actually a violation of a NDA in most instances, believe it or not.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Kojima's response to Snake was "I don't know," while Chrom's voice actor's response to Chrom was "no," is that right?

If lying violates a NDA, then Kojima would not have violated anything, while Chrom's voice actor would have.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Kojima's response to Snake was "I don't know," while Chrom's voice actor's response to Chrom was "no," is that right?

If lying violates a NDA, then Kojima would not have violated anything, while Chrom's voice actor would have.
Precisely, which makes Snake infinitely more likely based on these similar responses as Kojima did not violate a NDA, his response was fairly ambiguous and nothing absolute was stated.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Saying that he doesn't know would be a lie, wouldn't it?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
For me, it's Chrom or Robin. I think they each have their chances and I'm taking that comment with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
For me, it's Chrom or Robin. I think they each have their chances and I'm taking that comment with a grain of salt.
As am I, I am not 100% certain that he is being truthful, but at the same time, he has an incentive to be truthful, more so than the usual participants that violate non-disclosure agreements. His credibility is at stake.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Voice actors are like trademarks for the name of a video game: It may lead to something new and unexpected, or it can just be a dead end. It's certainly not something you want to go all 1000% hype mode on, as you can often just be left in the dark. I doubt many people would take Frederick seriously as a contender for smash 4, even if his voice actor claimed to have been contacted.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Damn, stop getting my hopes up that Chrom may not be in.

Is it possible that Chrom could have a different VA? Or maybe they would re-use clips from Awakening?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Damn, stop getting my hopes up that Chrom may not be in.

Is it possible that Chrom could have a different VA? Or maybe they would re-use clips from Awakening?
I doubt it. Especially since Pit's VA did some voice acting for Smash, which came out around the same time. No reason for them to not use his original VA.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It would be fallacious to assert that those are not possibilities.
I mean sure it's not impossible. But I think there is a greater chance of him not being in, that switching VAs. Especially characters with catch phrases or battle cries.

Look at Ike, he's had the same one for three games.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hmm, it's true that they could use lines from Awakening, but I hope for that to not happen. I guess it depends on the lines he would say. I'd prefer if Chrom would get a few new lines (like for taunts or victory animations or FS), thus having a VA (hopefully the same VA).

Hmm, this is getting interesting. I can't wait for E3 now (hopefully a FE newcomer will be revealed).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

With the possible caveat that Chrom's VA might not have signed on to voice Chrom at that point, meaning he wasn't lying and violating an NDA at the time.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But by April wouldn't he have signed on? I mean the game comes out a season afterwards.
When did he say no? My source says his quote was from late July of 2013, which presumably wouldn't have been too late to get vocals done for the character...or maybe too late, I'm not really sure when they'd get newcomer vocals done, since those can't just be ported over from previous games.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
idk. I still don't think we can glean any useful information from this.

And the only difference between Kojima and Mercer's statements, to me anyways, is that we know Kojima is lying.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
When did he say no? My source says his quote was from late July of 2013, which presumably wouldn't have been too late to get vocals done for the character...or maybe too late, I'm not really sure when they'd get newcomer vocals done, since those can't just be ported over from previous games.
According to this article: http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/interview-with-matthew-mercer-sakura-con-easter-weekend/

He still hadn't been contacted. It was written in April of this year.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
idk. I still don't think we can glean any useful information from this.

And the only difference between Kojima and Mercer's statements, to me anyways, is that we know Kojima is lying.
Useful information: Mercer is not Chrom's voice-actor in Smash Brothers unless he is lying. I feel as though that is ever so slightly relevant to Chrom's chances.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It seems that many people's judgements on this matter are a tad bit clouded by their glaring personal bias.
I personally find it more logical for someone to say "I don't know" then it is to say "no"

Most of the time I think people say "I don't know" or "I can't say anything on that" rather than a flat out "no" when talking about stuff like this.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
According to this article: http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/interview-with-matthew-mercer-sakura-con-easter-weekend/

He still hadn't been contacted. It was written in April of this year.
Hmmm, some possibilities...

--He's telling the truth, and Chrom isn't in any sort of role demanding a VA
--He's telling the truth, and Chrom is being voiced by someone else
--He's lying and is voicing Chrom in some sort of role demanding a VA

Off the top of my head, not comprehensive.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I personally find it more logical for someone to say "I don't know" then it is to say "no"

Most of the time I think people say "I don't know" or "I can't say anything on that" rather than a flat out "no" when talking about stuff like this.
True. But it still seems a bit enigmatic to me though. Why did he just say no...instead of saying "i don't know"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom