• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'm just saying that the character has to be the best one that fits in. I don't think Pacman would fit in very well to be honest. Mainly because the look that people hate would probably be the one that they choose.
"People"? who are these "people"? You mean the ones on this site? His new look isn't universally abhorrent. Even if they did use his newer look, do you really think that sakurai would deny pacman's legendary status and iconic stature because of aesthetics? ...ok.
Anyway, Aesthetically-wise I believe his art style fits smash better than any other Namco newcomer IMO and he can always get his classical 3-D look as an alternate costume if it's that serious.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I'm just saying that the character has to be the best one that fits in. I don't think Pacman would fit in very well to be honest. Mainly because the look that people hate would probably be the one that they choose.
Like Sakurai did choose classic Mega Man over the other four? Seriously Pac-Man has a lot of personal designs as time goes some good, some bad and some awful, but for now Sakurai hasn´t disappoint in the Third Party characters department, all the three that have been included in Smash have been amazing and well done, so his record is 3-0, I will give Sakurai some hope in his design and moveset interpretation of the character to impress and amaze me like always, as he has shown me so far.

.n_n.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Honestly i think the villager it's still a valid point against them, even if they are not limited to wii sports props, they would still be similar characters, happy looking avatar characters that use objects and do silly things for attacks and actions in general.
That's fine. That's the beauty of opinions, y'know?

I just don't find an avatar EXTREMELY loosely based on you being in the game as damning evidence for Mii's, when Mii's are far more representative of you as a person and that's pretty much its gimmick.

Trust me, Mii's are going to get in and people will eat it up 'cause they're playing something THEY CREATED in Smash. That gimmick right there is, honestly, more than enough to make a fighting game developer's mouth water.

Soul Calibur is an excellent example.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I just don't find an avatar EXTREMELY loosely based on you being in the game as damning evidence for Mii's, when Mii's are far more representative of you as a person and that's pretty much its gimmick.

Trust me, Mii's are going to get in and people will eat it up 'cause they're playing something THEY CREATED in Smash. That gimmick right there is, honestly, more than enough to make a fighting game developer's mouth water.

Well true, but most Soul Calibur characters were created for that game, while Smash on the other hand has to stick to characters already created for numerous franchises, so in a way the fact that the Miis strictly represent the player could be both beneficial: If the developers like the idea of you being in the game. Or detrimental: If they instead think that they should stick to already established characters, and while the Villager may prove this is not the case, it still has a more defined identity than the Miis, who would strictly represent the player itself.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

To add they could always go and be further of our expectations like change not only the face, name, weight and height of the character, they could even give to Miis their own attire, think in Fortune Street, Tomodachi Life or NintendoLand.

You know more in the collectible kind of way, like trophies and stickers.

Edited;
Still no one has answer me my first post about this and what begun all this posts. XD
You know who is missing? Look in the picture below to get an answer of the next new comer.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/games

.n_n.
It seems for Nintendo they consider the Miis their own character even if is the representation of the gamer.

.n_n.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
To add they could always go and be further of our expectations like change not only the face, name, weight and height of the character, they could even give to Miis their own attire, think in Fortune Street or NintendoLand.

You know more in the collectible kind of way, like trophies and stickers.

Edited;
Still no one has answer me my first post about this and what begun all this posts. XD

It seems for Nintendo they consider the Miis their own character even if is the representation of the gamer.

.n_n.
Exactly. The potential for the character is enormous, and we've got Soul Calibur and Tales devs working on the game, both devs where aesthetically customized characters is far from their first rodeo.

Like I said, I don't want or care for Mii's myself, but I'm not so jaded as to see that they have everything in their favor and practically no reason for them to NOT put them into the game.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I knew something like this would happen...

Of course it doesn't. No-one assumed it was a Mii stage the moment it was revealed you start off in the Pilot Wings SNES island and had a Pilot Wings emblem representing it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
People have used it as evidence for the Mii's being playable, particularly for the fact that no Miis appear on the island as a background detail. I agree with you though that ultimately the Pilot Wings stage means nothing for the Miis. The pro that Miis appear in a Pilot Wings game is negated by the fact that the Pilot Wings series has little to do with Miis aside from the latest game, and the stage pulls from much more than just that one title.

Because assets being re-used in games are damning evidence, right? Mii's cover a wide range of aspects in every game they're in. I don't find it particularly far fetched that they might use Mii's as a means of judging your Global Smash Power while also being your avatar. This saves development time and resources spent working on other assets to fill that gap.
Just for a bit of clarification here, I never argued that the Miis were de-confirmed. I am simply presenting evidence that may suggest that they won't be playable. In this case, the Miis have a role in the game other than that of a playable character. While not a de-confirmation by any means, I believe that this sort of thing makes a character less likely. After all, isn't the whole idea of appearing in a non-playable role the reason so many believe Ridley to be de-confirmed? I think it just makes them less likely, that's all.

Boy, I sure do remember that time when people thought Little Mac was deconfirmed because Villager had boxing gloves in his arsenal.

Also, implying that Sakurai wouldn't do what he's done with a bunch of characters already and give them totally unique aspects. I can think of about four or five different things that could be done with Mii's just from the Mii Plaza Games alone. People thinking that inspiration for Mii's as playable characters would only be taken from the sports games is perhaps the biggest and most hilarious fallacy arguing against the Mii's since people insisting Sakurai follows patterns.

Seriously, did everyone forget about Captain Falcon?
I get your joke about Little Mac and the Villager, but perhaps you failed to noticed I mentioned that exact situation in that point.

My point here is that both Villager and Miis would likely have a similar concept behind their characters and move sets, which would be being avatar characters that use random items or abilities from their games to form a move set. You are correct in saying that the Miis have a lot to pull from that could differentiate them from the Villager. They are certainly not limited to their sports appearances only, if that's what you're implying. But the basic concept is still there. The idea of using boxing gloves for one attack and a bowling ball, among other props, is an idea that could be the basis for both the Villager and Miis. And, again, this does not de-confirm the Miis. But the redundancy of having both the Villager and the Miis is, I think, a point against them.

You pretty much state here that this isn't really damning information against the Mii. In fact, at worst, it's neutral.

Again, the Mii's can be used universally everywhere, and they're probably doing just that to save time and resources. It can:

* Represent you as a playable fighter.
* Represent you as an avatar for your Global Smash Power.
* Represent save files and other aspects of the game involving THE PLAYER specifically.
Again, if you were looking for evidence that absolutely de-confirmed the Miis, you aren't going to find it. This is, as I've said, merely evidence that would suggest that they won't be on the roster. There is nothing absolute here.

But as I've said previously, I consider any instance where a character has a role in the game that isn't that of a playable character to be a strike against the character in question. At best, the Mii in the cage is neutral to the Miis chances. At the absolute worst, it's how they're incorporated into Smash, without being a playable character.

It makes perfect sense. You said so yourself that Mii's and Find Mii are symbolically linked. Guess who the royalty is in the game? Copies of YOUR PRIMARY AVATAR. COPIES OF YOU. The crown is symbolic of YOUR MII and is as good as an icon as any to represent the Mii's besides a generic 'Mii'. Your Mii is the King. You are the King. You're in the game because you're the King. When you're playing as your Mii, it uses your Prince/Princess selves in the cage instead. Simple. Easy. Done. Blammo.
So, a metaphorical justification of why the Find Mii crown symbol could be used by the Miis? Hate to say it, but that seems like a stretch. And does that mean that every stage connected to the Miis will use that crown symbol, which is clearly based on Find Mii? Will the Tomodachi stage use that symbol as well? What about on the Wii U, what about a theoretical Wii Sports stage? Would that also use the crown symbol? And if they do intend to use the crown symbol because "YOU are the king," why not use the favorite crown from the Mii maker? That would be more universal for the Miis and wouldn't tie everything to Find Mii with a symbol clearly based on that game.

Also, you do know that the Mii in the cage is already the Prince/Princess, right? And there definitely wasn't a playable Mii running around when they showed that stage in the Direct...

I'd like to note that I don't even WANT Mii's in the game and I still think they're a realistic and likely choice for characters. I'm not looking at the character with bias or contempt..
I'd like to note that I am a Mii supporter, and I think they would be great additions. I just don't find them likely.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The only way I'd like a Mii inclusion, is if you could choose all 4 of their special moves to be any move from any playable fighter. (With the exception of Kirby Copying. Just the inhaling.)

I'm not saying go overboard with them like you could with Emerl in Sonic Battle where you could even choose their fighting stance, etc. Just the specials. That alone would be awesome.

Just a FYI. Villager's kitchen sink boxing has nothing on Little Mac's PRO boxing. :p
Not even sure why people doubted Little Mac over this... The gloves weren't even iconic green.
Villager's balloons recovery however, are red just like Balloon Fighter's balloons. :(

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I knew something like this would happen...

People have used it as evidence for the Mii's being playable, particularly for the fact that no Miis appear on the island as a background detail. I agree with you though that ultimately the Pilot Wings stage means nothing for the Miis. The pro that Miis appear in a Pilot Wings game is negated by the fact that the Pilot Wings series has little to do with Miis aside from the latest game, and the stage pulls from much more than just that one title.

Just for a bit of clarification here, I never argued that the Miis were de-confirmed. I am simply presenting evidence that may suggest that they won't be playable. In this case, the Miis have a role in the game other than that of a playable character. While not a de-confirmation by any means, I believe that this sort of thing makes a character less likely. After all, isn't the whole idea of appearing in a non-playable role the reason so many believe Ridley to be de-confirmed? I think it just makes them less likely, that's all.

I get your joke about Little Mac and the Villager, but perhaps you failed to noticed I mentioned that exact situation in that point.

My point here is that both Villager and Miis would likely have a similar concept behind their characters and move sets, which would be being avatar characters that use random items or abilities from their games to form a move set. You are correct in saying that the Miis have a lot to pull from that could differentiate them from the Villager. They are certainly not limited to their sports appearances only, if that's what you're implying. But the basic concept is still there. The idea of using boxing gloves for one attack and a bowling ball, among other props, is an idea that could be the basis for both the Villager and Miis. And, again, this does not de-confirm the Miis. But the redundancy of having both the Villager and the Miis is, I think, a point against them.

Again, if you were looking for evidence that absolutely de-confirmed the Miis, you aren't going to find it. This is, as I've said, merely evidence that would suggest that they won't be on the roster. There is nothing absolute here.

But as I've said previously, I consider any instance where a character has a role in the game that isn't that of a playable character to be a strike against the character in question. At best, the Mii in the cage is neutral to the Miis chances. At the absolute worst, it's how they're incorporated into Smash, without being a playable character.

So, a metaphorical justification of why the Find Mii crown symbol could be used by the Miis? Hate to say it, but that seems like a stretch. And does that mean that every stage connected to the Miis will use that crown symbol, which is clearly based on Find Mii? Will the Tomodachi stage use that symbol as well? What about on the Wii U, what about a theoretical Wii Sports stage? Would that also use the crown symbol? And if they do intend to use the crown symbol because "YOU are the king," why not use the favorite crown from the Mii maker? That would be more universal for the Miis and wouldn't tie everything to Find Mii with a symbol clearly based on that game.

Also, you do know that the Mii in the cage is already the Prince/Princess, right? And there definitely wasn't a playable Mii running around when they showed that stage in the Direct...

I'd like to note that I am a Mii supporter, and I think they would be great additions. I just don't find them likely.
Then answer me this:

PilotWings - It has its own symbol so it means its is own series.
Find Mii - It has its own symbol so it means its is own series.
Tomodachi Life - Hasn´t show its symbol yet, makes me wonder maybe this is the home stage for Miis in the 3DS version?

What is happening with the Tomodachi Life stage?

Edited;
The only way I'd like a Mii inclusion, is if you could choose all 4 of their special moves to be any move from any playable fighter. (With the exception of Kirby Copying. Just the inhaling.)

I'm not saying go overboard with them like you could with Emerl in Sonic Battle where you could even choose their fighting stance, etc. Just the specials. That alone would be awesome.

Just a FYI. Villager's kitchen sink boxing has nothing on Little Mac's PRO boxing. :p
Not even sure why people doubted Little Mac over this... The gloves weren't even iconic green.
Villager's balloons recovery however, are red just like Balloon Fighter's balloons. :(
Well our dreams are the limit, we hope Sakurai if he decides to include the Miis makes them justice with a lot of things so they will not fall off as bland and uninspired additions that most people fear they will come.

.n_n.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Then answer me this:

PilotWings - It has its own symbol so it means its is own series.
Find Mii - It has its own symbol so it means its is own series.
Tomodachi Life - Hasn´t show its symbol yet, makes me wonder maybe this is the home stage for Miis in the 3DS version?

What is happening with the Tomodachi Life stage?

.n_n.
We don't know what's happening with the Tomodachi Life stage. However, since the Find Mii stage has it's own symbol, I see no reason to think that the Tomodachi Life stage won't as well.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
SUPER SNIP

Just understand that wasn't really a personal attack or anything. In fact, I thought most of the argument was well written and worth the read. I'm just saying that, to me, none of the negatives really sounded like a convincing argument against Mii's.

Anyway, at the end of the day it all boils down not to what WE want, but to what the developers and Sakurai want. I mean, that should be obvious considering Wii Fit Trainer, but the point is that the ease with which the character can be inserted into the game while drawing inspiration from Mii-related games/mini-games that AREN'T sports-related, is pretty big. It's something that the developers aren't likely to pass up, and the casual gamer is going to, like I said, eat it up.

I'd imagine if anything's going to damn the Mii's to a non-playable status, it'll be any difficulties with getting the character to play online or getting the information into NFC figurines or something trivial that might ruin the whole thing.

At this point, who knows?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
We don't know what's happening with the Tomodachi Life stage. However, since the Find Mii stage has it's own symbol, I see no reason to think that the Tomodachi Life stage won't as well.
And then perhaps that could mean the potential of the Mii Symbol for that stage that would link both? These is where your argument falls, until we don´t see further what is happening with Tomodachi it could make the deal or brake the character (well not so much but still change some point of views for the chances of the Miis).

.n_n.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And then perhaps that could mean the potential of the Mii Symbol for that stage that would link both? These is where your argument falls, until we don´t see further what is happening with Tomodachi it could make the deal or brake the character (well not so much but still change some point of views for the chances of the Miis).

.n_n.
But if the Tomodachi stage uses a Mii symbol it shares with the playable Miis, why doesn't the Find Mii stage?

Again though, the fact that the Find Mii stage has its own unique icon would suggest that the Tomodachi stage would have a similar situation. This is simple deductive reasoning.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well true, but most Soul Calibur characters were created for that game, while Smash on the other hand has to stick to characters already created for numerous franchises, so in a way the fact that the Miis strictly represent the player could be both beneficial: If the developers like the idea of you being in the game. Or detrimental: If they instead think that they should stick to already established characters, and while the Villager may prove this is not the case, it still has a more defined identity than the Miis, who would strictly represent the player itself.
Prior to Melee, G&W technically didn't exist (the character is based on sprites, but the concept/name was created by Sakurai), and R.O.B. is based on a real life peripheral object. Seriously, after ROB, I think anything 1st party is fair game.

If Miis are in, they would be given voices, some sort of personality, and a moveset. That's enough to consider them a "character" despite being a self-insert for me, as that would be their role (but this is a subjective thing). Seriously, though watch the Tomodachi Life direct, and count all the times they've said "character" and "personality" in regards to Miis.

I'm not looking to deep into the stages and icons for Miis. Miis appear in a bunch of series: Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Pilotwings Resort, Wii Music, etc. It would make more sense if they don't share in icon for a stage, and have some sort of icon that represents themselves imo, relating them to the hardware/interface they hail from.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Prior to Melee, G&W technically didn't exist (the character is based on sprites, but the concept/name was created by Sakurai), and R.O.B. is based on a real life peripheral object. Seriously, after ROB, I think anything 1st party is fair game.

If Miis are in, they would be given voices, some sort of personality, and a moveset. That's enough to consider them a "character" despite being a self-insert for me, as that would be their role (but this is a subjective thing). Seriously, though watch the Tomodachi Life direct, and count all the times they've said "character" and "personality" in regards to Miis.

I'm not looking to deep into the stages and icons for Miis. Miis appear in a bunch of series: Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Pilotwings Resort, Wii Music, etc. It would make more sense if they don't share in icon for a stage, and have some sort of icon that represents themselves imo, as they do originate from hardware.
Fair enough, i guess i'll just wait and see, but right now i just don't envision them as proper characters, but that's probably my own bias.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Fair enough, i guess i'll just wait and see, but right now i just don't envision them as proper characters, but that's probably my own bias.
I don't think you're the only one that thinks Miis aren't proper "characters", which is fine as, like I've said, I guess it's a subjective thing.

Yep, we have to wait on their fate, but E3 is very soon, so who knows if we're going to see them (Miis would be a hype killer for me, unless they have some sort of AMAZING gameplay/redeeming factor). Don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure there are people that would be genuinely happy to see Miis revealed.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Look at these Brawl reveals:
June 11- Fox

June 25- Zelda

July 3- Bowser

July 12- Donkey Kong

July 24- Yoshi

August 1- Ike

August 13- Pokemon Trainer

August 17- Peach

August 22- Diddy Kong

September 14- Ice Climbers

October 1- Lucas

October 10- Sonic

October 25- King Dedede

January 9- Olimar

January 16- Sheik
Note the bolded ones, those were revealed after E3 2007 passed.
We could potentially get Dixie Kong and Chrom (or even Palutena) for later reveals.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Look at these Brawl reveals:

Note the bolded ones, those were revealed after E3 2007 passed.
We could potentially get Dixie Kong and Chrom for later reveals.
I don't really see how this has any sort of impact on Smash 4.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well as the date gets closer, were probably going to get some characters as the weeks pass by.
Yes true, i'm just saying that why would they be limited to be similar to the ones in Brawl? Those you mentioned could be hidden, revealed at E3 or not in the game for all we know.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Double Post Warning Received
don't even pretend that snake is more loved worldwide before brawl happened. I for sure didn't know about metal gear before brawl. I'd even say that before brawl Metal gear was loved just as much as Layton is now.

either way, I understand your point, even though it wasn't even my argument. my argument about my link was more that Layton is more.... I'm not sure how to put this, um, "owned" by nintendo..? except not really? I guess I'm trying to say that nintendo and Level 5 are so cool about nintendo and layton that they let nintendo do their localization and host a website for their IP. therefore, I do think that it makes perfect sense to include layton. It seems to me that there would be little complications in the inclusion of layton. probably about the same level of inconvenience as second party characters (Pokemon or Fire Emblem) rather than 3rd party characters.

It's up to Sakurai, really.

or they could just make it like Mario Kart and have 3 general sizes with changed weight, speed and in this case, power properties to make it more like the mii in question.
Actually, Metal Gear is one of the best known franchises, the original sold 7 millions for example, pretty sure that no Layton game has sold as good as it

Great read False Sense.

I hadn't really analyzed the stages, and the Pilotwings stage most certainly does not represent Mii's stage. Heck wasn't there a Wii Fit game that also took place in Wuhu Island?

But the fact that Miis appear in ways other than playable already, speaks against Mii's playable status if you ask me.
Mii's appearing in ways besides being playable doesn't really affect their chances, they always do that

Last edited by a moderator:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
In the topic of Snake, i don't think he is in such a dangerous position as some people claim, most of the arguments against him could have also been used before he was chosen for Brawl, he's pretty much in the same position as he was back in 2006. No MGS game released for Nintendo consoles outside of a remake from two years ago, same now. Kojima would be happy to see him back, Sakurai definetly liked his inclusion (and he is also a fan of the series), and i'm pretty sure if Nintendo allowed him to use Snake back in 2006, then i don't think they'll have a problem now. So it's pretty much down to wether Sakurai wants him back or not.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't exactly try to look for patterns with a guy like Sakurai. He tends to have a few tricks up his sleeves.

In the topic of Snake, i don't think he is in such a dangerous position as some people claim, most of the arguments against him could have also been used before he was chosen for Brawl, he's pretty much in the same position as he was back in 2006. No MGS game released for Nintendo consoles outside of a remake from two years ago, same now. Kojima would be happy to see him back, Sakurai definetly liked his inclusion (and he is also a fan of the series), and i'm pretty sure if Nintendo allowed him to use Snake back in 2006, then i don't think they'll have a problem now. So it's pretty much down to wether Sakurai wants him back or not.
I'm inclined to agree. There's really nothing going against Snake at this point. But I suppose there's nothing going in his favor either. At this point we should just wait it out. I'm holding out some hope for Snake. He was a pretty fun character.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Time to Tip the Scales! That is the nail in the coffin, I am just going to assert that I objectively find Robin more likely than Chrom, that is not entirely surprising to some, but I just wanted to say that during e3; I would expect Lucina before Chrom.
I really hope you're right. But I personally find Chrom more likely.
I'd take both Robin and Lucina before Chrom, but I'm not stating that I dislike Chrom. I do support him as well, just not as much.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Morbi

Scavenger
There's no proof of this exchange, though.
I am just excited; I am going to find my write up and post it here.

Edit- Here it is. So while this news is not absolute, it imbues me with confidence.

I suppose there is a lot of circumstantial evidence in Robin's favor; however, there is nothing definitive. I am an enthusiast of logic, and I personally find logic to be the best evidence. I understand that is subjective, but I would much rather discuss the logic and intent behind hypothetical scenarios as opposed to asserting every single piece of evidence.

As stated precedent to my arrival, the only definitive evidence that may or may not allude to Robin is the Trophy Quiz theory, something that I advocate as I do not believe in coincidence. It is difficult to fathom that those random references were for the sake of accruing an allotted time-frame for the Direct. Therefore, if we contemplate that with a rational perspective it is overt that something significant is going to happen in terms of those franchises. Unfortunately, that could mean anything. For all we know, Ike was the character correlating to the Fire Emblem section of the Quiz.

*Note: Fi has a correlation with Ghirahim just as the Metroid character is presumably another Pyrosphere boss. I believe False Palutena is easy enough to establish a connection. Tiki does not really have anything to do with Chrom. Albeit, she also relates with Lucina, but Robin; collectively, is more ideal.

While we are on the subject of Ike, it is blatantly obvious that the Ike reveal (when Wario was the most beneficial) from a marketing interpretation, in addition to the Friday prior to e3 show-casing a Fire Emblem stage it is challenging to disregard the plausibility of something pertaining to Fire Emblem during e3. The week was filled with aspects of e3. The first day was a stage regarding the Best Buy Demos available during the event. The second day was a stage figure alluding to the NFC figurines, which are also going to be demonstrated at e3 (by a preponderance of the evidence). The third day was merely an item; however, Robin bias enables me to arbitrary assume that both Wii Fit Trainer's might allude to something relational to gender-swapping (an unbiased perspective would note that the picture mentions Smash Run, so it could be involving the Wii U exclusive variant as well). That is a stretch, but it is the only picture that does not adhere to the observable pattern. The fourth picture was obviously an indication of the Smash Brothers Tournament. I believe we all comprehend the ramifications of the last picture.

"Here's Ike, Marth and..."

So I believe that it is fair to say that a Fire Emblem character is reasonable. I do not want to get into the merits of Fire Emblem Awakening as that is not entirely interesting. It is the preeminent Fire Emblem game, that is enough to presume that Sakurai will implement a representative. Intelligent Systems are not going to request a character from another game based on the principle of res ipsa loquitur. So honestly, that narrows it down to three plausible candidates: Chrom, Lucina, and Robin.

I would assess that Lucina is more likely than we originally anticipate assuming Intelligent Systems will utilize her in the future. For the sake of discussion, this is not going to be the case. Chrom is no doubt the most marketable and recognizable character from the franchise. He is also inadvertently one of the most prominent and demanded based on this notion. Unfortunately, his inclusion is perceived as a detriment to the game as we already have two similar characters. I certainly believe that it will be the case with Chrom, as a Wolf fan, I understand better than most that aesthetics are considered.

*Note: We already have Little Mac who was criticized for his bland and unoriginal move-set comprised predominately of punches. Sakurai is knowledgeable about this, or I would hope he is. I doubt he will leap at the sentiment of doing it once more. Most of the other newcomers offer something entirely different.

With Wolf, he had preconceived notions that he would have to develop him entirely differently to influence our interpretation. As such, he altered his stance, his personality, and his style to accommodate something largely diverse. With one character, he must try and find their differences to keep the consistency. With another he must avoid their similarities to incite creative thought. Aesthetic similarities have a negative impact on the play-style regardless of how unique it is. Chrom's standard blue-haired Lord design is only one of the plethora of problems he has. Robin is the Avatar, she represents the player and has customization because of that.

*Note: We lost Pokemon Trainer as one of the player based characters that represents the consumer base. If this is important to Sakurai, Robin would mitigate this issue by ensuring that it is negligible.

That is one aspect that puts Robin above both of them. Not only could she be a female, something Sakurai cited as a positive attribute, but she can change her hair color via palette swap in addition to having the ability to be both male and female. Aesthetic diversity is key here. Not many people think about Sakurai and what he wants, but I can guarantee that her palettes are much more entertaining to develop, that is an incentive that is often over-looked. I also truly believe that his inherent desire to gender-swap her will be her saving grace.

Contrary to popular belief; sword characters saturating the roster is an actualized problem. It might be fallacious to assert on its own, but it is a contributing factor and many erroneously write it off based on the primary surface message. Sakurai has stated numerous times that the character must offer something different to be considered. Chrom does not. I am merely asserting that this DOES play against him, it does not objectively mean that he cannot or will not be playable. Sakurai will consider his "raw" move-set potential. Again, everyone has move-set potential. That is not material. The character has to have an observable or canon attribute that differentiates them without indirect influence from the creative director. Robin's ability to perform magic is more than enough to satisfy the need.

Lastly, the purple coat. No seriously, Chrom's cape and armor design is fairly equivalent to what we have currently, especially with Ike's redesign being the only thing mentioned about his character. The purple coat is different. Just saying.

Honestly, it is not much. But I would certainly proclaim that she has more "evidence" in her favor than Chrom. Chrom is her only viable competition, so that is all that is required of her.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Lucina, Robin, Chrom. All three have my support. All three I like. All three I would enjoy playing. Whether it's Chrom, or Lucina, or Robin, I would like to see any of the three in. I personally find Robin and Chrom vying for a spot, but it is any one of their game.

Morbi

Scavenger
Apparently people still don't understand what an NDA is.
If you are alluding to the Snake scenario; there are a couple of things that a person can do: One, they could always dodge/ignore the question and give a response that does not necessarily pertain to the question. Or two, they could comment on the notion that they are not allowed to speak in regards to the situation as they are obligated to remain silent and they cannot assert anything definitve one way or another.

Lying about something is actually a violation of a NDA in most instances, believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom