• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Wellll let's move on then. We can all agree to disagree. We are all here now so our hype levels are up! Especially with e3 coming up!
I just wonder if their are going to be more crazy announcements or if we have seen all the crazy ones now!

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
With the Nintendo Digital Event only a couple days away, I'm anxious to find out what's going to be revealed, and not just for Smash.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Warning Received
-image removed due to censor dodging-

Leaked image of the starting roster at the tourney

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
If we were to get an Earthbound veteran at E3 (which I'm assuming), who do you think we'll get? Ness or Lucas?
If we got one at E3, it'd probably be Lucas, since it looks like Ness will probably be a secret character. But my personal guess is that we won't get anything Earthbound at E3, Lucas won't be in the game at all and Ness won't be revealed until after release.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Correct, by now I think is inevitable to have them considered for Smash the same with Palutena.

.n_n.
I don´t think Miis will be there, hardcore is the focus on this game and Miis will not help sell the game. ANY nintendo char would help sell more games them Miis

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If we got one at E3, it'd probably be Lucas, since it looks like Ness will probably be a secret character. But my personal guess is that we won't get anything Earthbound at E3, Lucas won't be in the game at all and Ness won't be revealed until after release.
Eh, I think Lucas has a pretty good chance of returning.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I don´t think Miis will be there, hardcore is the focus on this game and Miis will not help sell the game. ANY nintendo char would help sell more games them Miis
Hey I don´t like them either and I consider them an awful choice but if you look the image above they are now Nintendo All Stars with Mario, DK, Kirby, Pikachu and Link, so I prefer to be realistic and not blindfolded or bias to the inclusion of Miis, but it seems the people are still in denial.

.n_n.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Hey I don´t like them either and I consider them an awful choice but if you look the image above they are now Nintendo All Stars with Mario, DK, Kirby, Pikachu and Link, so I prefer to be realistic and not blindfolded or bias to the inclusion of Miis, but it seems the people are still in denial.

.n_n.
Nobody predict anything besides Little Mac, I am not blind and your opnion is only that a opnion. Like mine. How many times Sakurai need to crush all your "realistic" views?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You really think there's a character left that has more selling power than Miis?

Huh.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
You really think there's a character left that has more selling power than Miis?

Huh.
Ridley, Dixie Kong, Any Belmont, Hades (not at first, but he has potential to jokes and stuff), Mewtwo, Cranky Kong...Miis are so blank and whatever.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ridley, Dixie Kong, Any Belmont, Hades (not at first, but he has potential to jokes and stuff), Mewtwo, Cranky Kong...Miis are so blank and whatever.
Well, seems like you're dead set on your hatred towards them that you're not gonna accept that the majority of people would rather buy the game for Miis than any of those you listed. :V

Here we go again with the "inevitable" ****.

Yes, let's ignore that everything we've seen in SSB4 so far points against the inclusion of Miis.
...Like?

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ridley and K Rool perhaps?
They're not comparable to Miis at all.

Really, no one is. They're at the same level as Mario at this point, maybe a bit below in terms of recognition and importance.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Nobody predict anything besides Little Mac, I am not blind and your opnion is only that a opnion. Like mine. How many times Sakurai need to crush all your "realistic" views?
The thing is, can you tell me what the picture above that I post say about Miis in general and how much are considered by Nintendo now, you cannot denial their Star Power that compares now to Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby and Donkey Kong.

.n_n.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
People, sorry if I disagree, in my opnion there is not any proff there will be Miis. We had Animal Crossing stage and not a char in brawl. You all are free to disagree from me. Like I said is only my opnion, is not right because I am not Sakurai...TAM TAM TAAAAAM

The thing is, can you tell me what the picture above that I post say about Miis in general and how much are considered by Nintendo now, you cannot denial their Star Power that compares now to Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby and Donkey Kong.
I didn´t deny that but the catch is: Sakurai is making this game, not nintendo. Well let´s see...

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I wasn't aware casuals even needed to be brought in.
The idea of having your own avatar be playable is very appealing to a lot of people. Especially if said avatar are the Miis, which are everywhere when you think "Nintendo" nowadays.

Can we stop calling people "casuals", though? How are they any different from you and me?

Yeah, Brawl sold poor because no Miis. Best selling numbers for a fighting game right?
OK, lets just put Brawl's roster in. No need for newcomers, they didn't factor in Brawl's sales.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
The idea of having your own avatar be playable is very appealing to a lot of people. Especially if said avatar are the Miis, which are everywhere when you think "Nintendo" nowadays.

Can we stop calling people "casuals", though? How are they any different from you and me?

OK, lets just put Brawl's roster in. No need for newcomers, they didn't factor in Brawl's sales.
They don´t pray to sakurai ? XP

No baby, sit down. Watch the magic, feel the casuals coming: Mega Man VS Mario VS Sonic VS Pac-man.
MIND BLOW!! The casuals are here, you feel the power bro? You feel the chills?

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
People, sorry if I disagree, in my opnion there is not any proff there will be Miis. We had Animal Crossing stage and not a char in brawl. You all are free to disagree from me. Like I said is only my opnion, is not right because I am not Sakurai...TAM TAM TAAAAAM

I didn´t deny that but the catch is: Sakurai is making this game, not nintendo. Well let´s see...
But Smash is a celebration of Nintendo All Stars in one game, if Sakurai consider WFT what is stopping him to include something like Miis and give them complete unique moveset and much more personality like Nintendo did with Tomadochi Life, you can call them bland and don´t fit for the game but in all big scheme of things they are still compared to Mario and Pikachu as big Stars of Nintendo. I think people should consider them and look them with different point of views to understand that many of the negatives are not in any way really hard facts to deny their inclusion in Smash and by now having the same Star Power as Mario and Pikachu says much about them.

PD. Thanks to remind me of the word "deny" I was looking for it but didn´t remember how to write it, english is not my main language.

.n_n.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If people are using the evidence of the nintendo site in favor of Miis, then I should be able to use this as evidence.

http://professorlayton.nintendo.com/

Out of all the third parties I checked (sonic, pacman, megaman) none of them have official nintendo sites, but layton does.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Yeah, Brawl sold poor because no Miis. Best selling numbers for a fighting game right?
...I can't decipher this post, sorry. Can't even tell with side your on.

The idea of having your own avatar be playable is very appealing to a lot of people. Especially if said avatar are the Miis, which are everywhere.

OK, lets put Brawl's roster in. No need for newcomers, they didn't factor in Brawl's sales.
Yes, but are Miis a game seller? Here, they're pratically hated. Do you have some unknown means of contacting millions of nintendo fans, who resound "We want Mii!"? You say I'm generalizing, but you're generalizing even more.

You also have to consider this isn't Mario Kart. Having an avatar in a fighting game is more difficult. Anecdotal evidence time. I can't see my little brother playing a Mii with a set moveset. His favorite characters are Pit and Meta Knight, both aerial fighters with a sword(s). No other character comes close to his playtime with those two. Miis are most likely not going to be like that. I imagine the novelty of playing as himself will wear off rather quickly he finds the character less enjoyable.

But, let's say Miis are completely customizable. Will his Mii be able to pull off stuff similar to Pit and MK? If not, did Sakurai do a poor job of implementing Miis? Creating an avatar character in a fighting game is a huge, difficult investment. I would not be surprised at all if they decided it wasn't worth that effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom