• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I mean we could, but then I'd have to shorthand that with Char and ya'll know I'm not talking about Charmander.
funny story,

I named my charmander that in red rescue team, and my friend tried to copy me.

he typed "car" by accident.

....that wasn't funny as I thought. I guess you had to be there. oh well.

so what's the discussion now?

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'd be fine with it.

Problem is, it's very doubtful who it would be (though at least we know it wouldn't be Ashley, which makes predicting who it would be somewhat easier).
Jimmy T and Captain Syrup seem like the top contender's to me; Mona's not a long shot either

I'd like shake king as well golden but only one game is disappointing ;-;

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wish we were getting Nightmare instead of Pac-Man >.<

I want to see Link vs Nightmare again!

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
that would be terrible.

but I would be thrilled if that happened and dixie was by herself.
Dixie is one of my top 5 most wanted newcomers so I hope she makes it in one way or another even if it is a tag team

btw man i got a profile picture just like you asked me too I wanted a Pikachu pic but i guess Mario will do for now

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dixie is one of my top 5 most wanted newcomers so I hope she makes it in one way or another even if it is a tag team

btw man i got a profile picture just like you asked me too I wanted a Pikachu pic but i guess Mario will do for now
that's good I guess.

yeah, dixie's cool, but would honestly rather have K. Rool.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wish we were getting Nightmare instead of Pac-Man >.<

I want to see Link vs Nightmare again!
Nightmare would cause me to go into overhype. I mean....even typing about Nightmare getting makes me get a little hype. When Namco was revealed as helping develop this game, I lost it. I completely and utterly lost it.

And while I have no beef with Pac Man, I would much rather see Nightmare included over Pac Man.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai

Retweeted by 桜井 政博
任天堂株式会社 ‏@Nintendo 5h
[岩田]おはようございます、任天堂の岩田です。明日2月14日午前7時より「Nintendo Direct 2014.2.14」を録画放送します。今回は今年春までに発売されるソフトを中心にお届けします。#NintendoDirectJP http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140214/index.html
桜井 政博 ‏@Sora_Sakurai 5m
あ、朝7時にNintendo Directか。早いですな。
It begins... Anybody wanna place bets?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Keep in mind that any Direct conversation should be related to Smash Bros. characters and not "hype train" memes and images.

That being said...I am really holding out for a Dixie Kong or King K. Rool reveal. It would be awesome and sort of makes sense considering the Direct is being released around DKC:TF.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

There will be monkeys. Or light goddesses. That's my thoughts.
I mean, isn't a certain high profile game involving monkeys that are owned by Nintendo coming out very soon? That got their own downtime preperation? That is pretty much confirmed to be AAA-(Or very close to it) in terms of quality? They will likely promote it somehow, and Smash will get shoehorned in because it is designed to become the almighty system seller like Brawl was.
So yeah, no doubt we are getting something from me.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Keep in mind that any Direct conversation should be related to Smash Bros. characters and not "hype train" memes and images.

That being said...I am really holding out for a Dixie Kong or King K. Rool reveal. It would be awesome and sort of makes sense considering the Direct is being released around DKC:TF.
To be honest, I don't think we'll be seeing any Donkey Kong character this week. Might just have a completely different character revealed altogether; and Diddy Kong will be revealed closer to the NA/EU launch of Donkey Kong Country (kind of like what happened with Luigi and Dream Team). I'm going to place my money on Palutena. And not because of that stupid "leak".

Man, I wish I didn't have class during the Direct.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To be honest, I don't think we'll be seeing any Donkey Kong character this week. Might just have a completely different character revealed altogether; and Diddy Kong will be revealed closer to the NA/EU launch of Donkey Kong Country (kind of like what happened with Luigi and Dream Team).

Man, I wish I didn't have class during the Direct.
That could happen.

But as with the release of a Link Between Worlds, we saw the Zelda reveal around the time of the Japanese release. Granted, it was a Japanese developed game whereas DK:TF is American but, that being said, I am sort of banking on a reveal this week.

Enthusiastically, I am expecting Dixie or K. Rool.
Logically, I am am expecting Diddy.
Realistically, I am expecting no one.

I'll be waking up and getting ready for work. It'll also be Valentines Day here. Sakurai....you dog you.

EDIT: OOh dear god....Valentines Day....a Diddy/Dixie duo character.............

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

He did the royal Smash tweet!
As far as I remember, the only other time he did a tweet was before the December Direct with the Rosalina & Luma reveal.

All aboard the hype train!
[image removed]
I am now upset that this is not a real train.
I'm now inspired to make a movie about this similar to The Polar Express.
It will be about a boy who is about to go to sleep the night before a Nintendo Direct, but he overhears his parents saying that the want to make him believe a bit longer, and when he finds out the truth, the hype will end.
When suddenly, a train comes down the street in front of his house, and the conductor is Iwata, who tells the boy to go directly on to the train, whose engineers are Reggie and Miyamoto.
And the train's destination is the Nintendo Headquarters in Japan, where they will see Sakurai unveil the latest Smash Bros. newcomer, along with a bunch if tiny Namco-Bandai workers.

The hobo on top of the train is also a Bidoof.

The end.

It will get 9.5/10 on MetaKnightic.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That could happen.

But as with the release of a Link Between Worlds, we saw the Zelda reveal around the time of the Japanese release. Granted, it was a Japanese developed game whereas DK:TF is American but, that being said, I am sort of banking on a reveal this week.

Enthusiastically, I am expecting Dixie or K. Rool.
Logically, I am am expecting Diddy.
Realistically, I am expecting no one.

I'll be waking up and getting ready for work. It'll also be Valentines Day here. Sakurai....you dog you.
We've also seen cases where games have come and gone without any correlating characters, and characters revealed at random times. I would think Sakurai, if given the option, would prefer to show off a new character. There's nothing to say we can't see both Diddy and a new character, but we'll get something. The times Sakurai has re-tweeted a Nintendo Direct announcement we got the original E3 announcement, a trailer, Sonic the Hedgehog and Rosalina.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
So Platinum, Monolith Soft, Next Level Games, and Sakurai all tweeted about the Direct. Anyone else?
Either everyone is really excited or something big is about to happen.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
EDIT: OOh dear god....Valentines Day....a Diddy/Dixie duo character.............
I can't scrub my brain enough to forget this. We don't need too many duos.
If everything turns into duos, then why don't they put in Prometheus & Pandora from Megaman ZX? A legitimate villainous duo that always works together.
My issue with Dixie/Diddy is that they don't always work together as a pair of sorts. Only in one game is this seen; It would make more sense for a DK/Diddy tag team!

So Platinum, Monolith Soft, Next Level Games, and Sakurai all tweeted about the Direct. Anyone else?
This means we are likely getting some news about Bayonetta, X, some third thing and Smash news. Peachy.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nope, that's it. Many of us figured we'd see something Smash Bros related, and X and Bayonetta were due for some new information since Iwata made a point to announce those games would launch this year in Nintendo's investor meeting. We'll probably get a direct date for Mario Kart 8 with a new trailer, an NA/EU date for Kirby Triple Deluxe, a parting trailer for Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island reminder and maybe an official announcement of the DS VC service for the Wii U. All you lucky ducks get to see it unfold, I have to wait three hours until I get out of class, then another 30 mins replaying the stream.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
There will be monkeys. Or light goddesses. That's my thoughts.
I mean, isn't a certain high profile game involving monkeys that are owned by Nintendo coming out very soon? That got their own downtime preperation? That is pretty much confirmed to be AAA-(Or very close to it) in terms of quality? They will likely promote it somehow, and Smash will get shoehorned in because it is designed to become the almighty system seller like Brawl was.
So yeah, no doubt we are getting something from me.
The pure genius in the first line of this statement was so beautiful, deep, and meaningful on such an emotional level that I was practically required by law to put it in my sig.
Genius, my friend.
Genius.

But seriously, I am putting money on a Dixie & Diddy, or K. Rool reveal tomorrow.
Or maybe Cranky if he manages to get in over anyone.
Also, looking at the Brawl Roster, the series in order are Mario, and then Donkey Kong.
Could this actually mean something, or is it a mere coincidence.
Maybe they could be release newcomer in order like this.
Then that would mean after DK would be Zelda, unless Yoshi or Wario gets a newcomer.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Diddy Kong will be shown for sure. He actually might be shown in the PoTD instead of the direct. I think if Diddy doesnt show up in the PoTD, he has a good chance that hes teamed with Dixie.

K Rool will be shown in the Direct if Diddy is shown as the PoTD

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Banjo Kazooie always will be one of my favorite games. I always wanted them in Smash Bros along with a real Banjo Threeie game.
Talk about the perfect Nintendo Direct. Rareware's IPs given to Nintendo... Too perfect

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
To be perfectly honest, I'd really like another surprise character that destroys 95% of all of the expected rosters. I want to be entertained. C'mon Chibi Robo.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Nope, that's it. Many of us figured we'd see something Smash Bros related, and X and Bayonetta were due for some new information since Iwata made a point to announce those games would launch this year in Nintendo's investor meeting. We'll probably get a direct date for Mario Kart 8 with a new trailer, an NA/EU date for Kirby Triple Deluxe, a parting trailer for Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island reminder and maybe an official announcement of the DS VC service for the Wii U. All you lucky ducks get to see it unfold, I have to wait three hours until I get out of class, then another 30 mins replaying the stream.
Triple Deluxe's release date is May 2nd, given my Gamestop and Best Buy stores weren't lying to me.
So the official reveal for that is likely coming as a side note.
Hey, I'm missing the beginning of the direct as well, thanks to some appointments.

Though I'm going to likely avoid Smashboards once I get back and go straight to the Smash Bros site to see what unfolds. Because, obvious point is obvious, we're getting a reveal, Newcomer or Veteran.

To be perfectly honest, I'd really like another surprise character that destroys 95% of all of the expected rosters. I want to be entertained. C'mon Chibi Robo.
Well, we just got Photo Finder...

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wait, guys.

The Direct is (almost) on Valentines Day.

Chrom confirmed.

:troll:
Chrom? Forget him, let's get the REAL matchmaker in! Robin confirmed!

In all seriousness, I think at least Diddy will be revealed tomorrow, and quite possibly a new character entirely. My money's on a new DK character, though I guess something else is plausible.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd like to remind people Ace Attorney gifs are not exempt from normal gif rules in this thread and if they continue to be posted you will be infracted.

Thank you.
My apologies for continuing this discussion, but isn't that a bit too much? Especially if said image was used pages ago and obviously did not derail the topic in any form.
Besides, Groose's post was not "solely or primarily comprised of a gif/meme/video/off-topic image/etc.". The actual image in question helped bring out it's point more-so than send the topic into a chaotic mix of obvious off-topic image posts.

I understand that the rules should be enforced and whatnot, but I didn't find it necessary to edit Groose's post.
Mine? Sure I suppose, I was reconsidering adding it in afterwords but thought nothing much of it.
also why would you ban pw gifs they make arguments on everything x204204804 more enjoyable to read come on

---
As for Speculation on tomorrow's Nintendo Direct, realistically I'll bet on Diddy Kong.

Ridley will be my Dark Horse candidate for a reveal tomorrow. The timing of the Nintendo Direct clearly caters more to the Western demographic than it does for the East. Iwata says he misread the Western Market and NIntendo needs to gain the West's support. A character that appeals mostly to us is what they need right now and with Retro now officially done with Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze...

...I suppose we'll find out why Reggie wore that Samus pin back at VGX.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
My apologies for continuing this discussion, but isn't that a bit too much? Especially if said image was used pages ago and obviously did not derail the topic in any form.
Besides, Groose's post was not "solely or primarily comprised of a gif/meme/video/off-topic image/etc.". The actual image in question helped bring out it's point more-so than send the topic into a chaotic mix of obvious off-topic image posts.

I understand that the rules should be enforced and whatnot, but I didn't find it necessary to edit Groose's post.
Mine? Sure I suppose, I was reconsidering adding it in afterwords but thought nothing much of it.
also why would you ban pw gifs they make arguments on everything x204204804 more enjoyable to read come on

---
As for Speculation on tomorrow's Nintendo Direct, realistically I'll bet on Diddy Kong.

Ridley will be my Dark Horse candidate for a reveal tomorrow. The timing of the Nintendo Direct clearly caters more to the Western demographic than it does for the East. Iwata says he misread the Western Market and NIntendo needs to gain the West's support. A character that appeals mostly to us is what they need right now and with Retro now officially done with Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze...

...I suppose we'll find out why Reggie wore that Samus pin back at VGX.
I actually talked with N3ON about it earlier, apparently the banning of gifts and images is there completely so it doesn't set off something like a chain reaction.

Not that I agree, but what's done is done.

----------
little Mac has a shot too, if its targeting us as its demographic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom